Celica Art Hostel Reviews

Metelkova 8, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Another example of fashion over function. The place looks great on the surface but fails on so many levels for road-weary travellers. Main complaints: there were no lockers in my five-bed mixed dorm so I had to leave my valuables at reception every time I left, the room was completely lit up anytime the hallway lights went on from the motion sensor, the common space was big and empty so the place felt cold, and they were blasting an all Alanis Morrisette playlist. Good location near stations.

This hostels design is awesome, But the room I stayed In was tiny, the three days I was there our bathroom wasn't cleaned once. It's about a 10minute walk from the city, I thought that it was closer. The wifi also broke for 2days. The staff were really nice, the receptionist was very helpful. It is a really cool design and super close to the train station.

Beautiful hostel, but we had a problem on our 1st night: we book 2 beds in a 12-beds dorm. when we got there the only two beds available where in the corner, and there are huge sticks holding the ceiling just above the bed, it's almost impossible to make the beds. Also, the beds where so close to each other, and there was a old man on the other bed, it looks like you're sleeping in a double bed with a stranger. also one of the staff were impatient to solve this problem, I got pissed off.

Hi, thanks for your honest feedback. We sincerely regret your stay made you feel that way. Impatient staff? Totally not OK, we appreciate you mentioning and will look into the matter right away. There's no bed assignment in any of the rooms, but we do remind couples or close friends travelling together, especially in the 12-dorm, to choose beds closer to each other in order to avoid such awkward situations. It seems you arrived later than others and your choice was minimal, unfortunately.

Amazing hostel with so much history! This place I highly recommend for any travellers. The rooms, bar, facilities, breakfast all fantastic but the staff are the best part! So helpful and friendly, this is the best hostel I have stayed in yet!

• 27th May 2014
  • New Zealand

You said it all! There's nothing else we could say, unless a big thanks for sharing. It is comments like these that make us very very happy! Wish you all the best.

One of the more disappointing hostel experiences I have had in Europe. The 12 bed dorm is essentially 12 mattresses on the floor in a stuffy attic space, sharing a single bathroom. The staff were helpful in assisting a change to a smaller room, but it was still very small and in the same attic space with an awkward sloping ceiling. A large group (30 or so) of school children then arrived causing havoc and running wild throughout for 4 hours, essentially turning the hostel into a school camp.

Super friendly staff, I had a job interview online and an hour before the interview the internet cafe I was planning on using turned out to have broken sound; the staff went way out of their way and set me up in a private quiet room with great internet connection and lent me a tablet! So nice of them, and everyone I met was always so friendly and happy, 10/10!

Wow, you really had an adventure around here, ha?!. We're glad everything turned out well and hope you got the job. By the way, the staff will be super thrilled to read your comment. Wish you all the best!

Cool location with very friendly staff! I recommend staying here!

Really lovely staff and a really good location. Would love to stay again.

Hi, thanks a lot, it's great to hear that. See you next time. Cheers!

A definite plus is it's proximity to the bus and train station (5 minute walk) and that it is virtually in Meltekova. Slept well and wasn't disturbed by any party noise. One good recommendation from hostel staff: Das ist Valter! A Balkan restaurant close-by that is a meat lover's paradise. Not-so-good recommendation: Sokol for Slovenian fair, rather touristy.

If the maintenance of the door lock of the room is in good order is much appreciated.

• 21st May 2014
  • Hong Kong

very cool hostel. it was a little on the expensive side, we only stayed one night though because of this. in an awesome area. great vibes!

Great staff. Lively hostel with something happening each night. Remember only the private rooms are the jail cells not the dorms. Close to bus/train station 10mins walk into town.

Hi there! Thanks for sharing. It's great to see people enjoying the hostel atmosphere. Hope to see you again soon!

The staff were really friendly and helpful and the communal areas were very nice. The room (a mixed dorm for 4) was basic but OK, although the bathroom wasn't well ventilated and therefore didn't smell very pleasant. The location was around 10 minutes walk from the centre and 5 minutes from the train station.

• 14th May 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback. It can get a bit steamy right after all the people take a shower in the bathroom and it's better to leave the room ventilating a bit afterwards. Wish you all the best!

I have stayed at this hostel numerous times (Maybe 4 or 5?) over the last few years, and it is by far one of the best I have visited - which is why I keep going back! Each room has been designed by a different artist, so each room is very unique (and very different to a 'typical' hostel). The showers are hot and strong which is fantastic and not always a given in a hostel. They have a different evening them each night, and it has a really relaxed laid back vibe. Even the natives relax here

Hostel very well situated, nice atmosphere and personnel very helpful. Thanks a lot for having make my stay in Ljubjana easier :) Breakfast very good for less than 5 euros, with a nice outdoor terrace !

Generally everything are well with Celica Art Hostel, especially if you are looking forward to meeting other peer travellers, though it is some minutes' walking distance from the Central Train Station and there are no other food (except the Hostel itself) available in the closest proximity.

• 30th Apr 2014