Celtic House Reviews

18 Michael Street, Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland

Had a very spacious bathroom and view of the castle!

I travelled to Kilkenny of Friday night and had a problem along the way and may not make it . I rang at eight o clock to let the BQB know. In the meantime my problem got sorted and I rang again at nine to say I would be there shortly. The woman who answered knew nothing about my message and said that they were not waiting on anyone to come and that everyone had checked in. She said she had no room for me and said that they had no record of a booking under my name at all.

• 15th Aug 2014

Well, it was OK, nothing special. From previous reviews we expected a 'Boutique B&B', but it wasn't anything like that. The room was clean, a bit dated perhaps, no soaps or gels in the bathroom, and the room (on the top floor) needed a bit of TLC. Lonely Planet talked about the artwork around the place, but all I saw was a statue of the Budha and a mask of Tutenkamun. Again, breakfast was nothing special; you could get the same in any roadside cafe. Overall, NOT impressed with Celtic House.

• 26th Apr 2014

Celtic House was our first accommodation in Ireland. We arrived a little late but the hosts were welcoming and very gracious. Both Angela and John were friendly and helpful. They advised us on where to eat and things to do. breakfast was terrific.

• 25th Apr 2014