Celtic Tourist Hostel Reviews

Queen Street,Victoria Place, Galway, Galway, Ireland

We thank you for the stay that we had at your hostel.! The atmosphere was friendly and you were extremely nice. The quality / price was excellent! We were not expecting a breakfast included in the price. A decision we did not regret. Thank you!

Broken shower, and even being electric shower....no way u could balance it coz not enough water pumping up; no mats on the floor, so

• 6th Sep 2014

It's a great place, the staff was very friendly and helpful, everything was extraordinarily clean, breakfast was good (there even is free hot chocolate :-) ), the prize was reasonable (17€). The dorms are big and bright. The location also is very good, so all in all, I can definitely recommend this hostel and would stay there again.

Stayed there another time and can only recommend it. Great staff, clean rooms, and the location is just fantastic! Will definitely book again.

• 2nd Sep 2014

My stay was great! The hostel was clean and cozy and in an awesome location. The people were very friendly and the staff were helpful. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Galway.

• 24th Aug 2014

The rooms are super small for the price that you pay. Only two bathrooms in each floor for lots of people. Bad atmosphere and the Staff are really unfriendly The mattresses were good and the bedsheets were cleaned the location is 5 stars although if are tired and you want to rest, the room is not a place to enjoy yourself, you feel claustrophobic! It would be useful to clean 3 times a day or more if needed

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Staff were very nice, and gave us there own umbrella. Location is perfect. Private rooms are extremely small, and they have bunks also.

It wasn't terrible, but not great either. My first impression of ringing the bell repeatedly to get in while standing in the rain and then not even being shown around or anything was really poor. Facilities are average. One of the staff members was quite helpful. I wouldn't really recommend it here.

We only stayed there for one night, so it was okay. Our room was very small and we had to share our bathroom, which wasn't that bad, but we also stayed in hostels that were cheaper and a better value for money. The toilet was broken and the kitchen was not very clean, but the staff was really nice and helpful and also the location was great.

Our stay in the hostel was dead on. Having the toilet in the room is handy, staff were helpful in finding us things to do, free wi-fi, breakfast was fine. All in all we had a decent stay but felt it was a bit pricey for what we got and the atmosphere was a bit lacking.

Wifi is not in the rooms, it's only in shared areas! Also, in the bathrooms there is nothing to dry your hands. The staff are fairly friendly but it's just a bit substandard.

I spent one night during the weekend - me and my girlfriend - and the Celtic Hostel reached our expectations. We had a good rececption there, with kind staffs always ready to help. The bedrooms are clean and spacious. We had a good breakfast.

The Celtic Tourist Hostel was everything I wanted from a hostel. It would have been nice if it was a little bit cheaper, but the location was good (walking distance to basically everything), as were the facilities. I stayed in the mixed dorm, which was fine except for the one guy who had an admirably loud and consistent snore throughout both nights (not the hostel's fault, but still a bother. I put some peaceful music on through my headphones and fell back asleep. Overall: comfy and friendly.

• 20th Jun 2014

Emma was super awesome!

The hostel was very loud at all hours, the rooms and bathrooms were very cramped and run-down. The staff seemed overworked and rude at times

Emma the manager couldn't do enough for us. She helped us with buses, advice on places to eat and drink and even helped us book our next night's accommodation in Letterkenny. Cheers Emma - keep those knitting needles going!

• 17th May 2014
  • Scotland

The staff was friendly, helpful, and genuinely caring. The place itself was close by the town center and the facilities were all quite nice and well kept.

• 11th May 2014

Excellent staff and atmosphere!

• 2nd May 2014

Great staff and atmosphere! Wouldn't hesitate to come back whenever in Galway again.

Really Nice Hostel