Celtic Tourist Hostel Reviews

Queen Street,Victoria Place, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Hostel was fine, locationbl and price are the only reasons we stayed. the twin rooms are ridiculously small.

• 25th Jul 2015

Very pleasant hostel in central location. Well run with big, clean, well stocked kitchen. Breakfast included in price. Rooms are small but clean. Staff are friendly and efficient. As hostels go, it's a good one.

• 9th Jul 2015

Tidy and clean. Quiet atmosphere. A five minute walk from the center of town. WiFi sometimes spotty. Helpful staff.

This hostel had nice-sized rooms and a great kitchen for cooking. However, the blankets were obviously not clean (they smelled like sweat and mildew), but the room itself was clean. I was also unhappy about having a very small bin to lock my belongings, I couldn't even fit my backpack. The staff was nice and helped us book a tour of The Cliffs of Moher, which was amazing! I would probably try to find another hostel to stay at in Galway, the blankets were off-putting.

Three people in the room came home at 4:00am and started throwing a party in the room. They invited over random guests and they were yelling. In addition, one person vomited all over the room. This was the worst hostel stay I have ever had.

• 6th Jun 2015

This hostel was just OK on pretty much all fronts. The bathrooms weren't in the room, which wasn't great, but they were decently clean. The staff was more interested in partying than being helpful, which is fine if all you want to do is party. The location is great though, right next to the city square and the bus/train station.

Super friendly staff. Fantastic location. Great deals at bar. But no wifi in rooms, so everyone was competing for space/power outlets in the chill out room.

Staff felt a bit distant/tired of their job. Only hungout with thenselves. Stuck up just a tad. Not really a welcoming vibe. There was a german guy that was ok but the rest were a bit too depressed for me. And WIFI is horrid.

Bed and pillows were a joke! The most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. So if u are only looking for a place where to rest at nigh, that is not the place at all. The location was good and the staff was really helpful.

The location of the hostel coudnt be bette!! It is less than 10 minutes walking from the main pub street.. The showers and bed were alright for the price paid. The main problem was not enough plugs in the room and only two lockers for an 8 bed room...

This location is a hippy palace located at the docks, but close to Eyre Square. Can't say we enjoyed our stay and weren't sorry to leave in the morning. We rang and rang for service in the morning, which was ignored and once someone came, we realized he was someone we thought was a guest eating his breakfast and looking at his computer in the kitchen. They retained my daughter's passport overnight and did not return it when we checked out, which would be disastrous if he didn't follow us.

• 28th May 2015

Lovely hostel in a great location, walking distance to everything, yet nice and quiet. Well equipped kitchen, comfortable and clean rooms with extra plugs to charge phones, cameras etc. Lovely staff. Only downsides... For one of the showers on the second floor I found it impossible to get the water temperature right, i.e. boiling hot or freezing cold. Also, there are not enough lockers for everyone and some of the keys are a bit bent so difficul to close the door - but staff are happy to help

Very good hostel, the staff were very helpful. The rooms were very cosy and warm. The kitchen area is excellent, showers have loads of warm water. There is also a really nice common area with comfortable sofas. Everything suits the size of the hostel. One very nice touch I haven't noticed before is there are both irish and European electrical sockets in the kitchen area. If I were to back to Galway this would be my hostel of choice.

• 2nd May 2015

I got lice from this hostel

Good location because it's a short walk to the square and and the shops, but also because it's quiet. The staff are very accommodating and friendly. Cool art on the walls. Some had troubles with the wifi, although I did not. Nice to have free breakfast as well as tea, coffee AND hot chocolate throughout the day.

• 17th Apr 2015

This is basicaly a good place to shower and sleep. The staff is wonderful. However, the rooms are decent, but there are not enough lockers to lock your bags and etc. Bathrooms are clean but showers are not great. I didn't feel much of a atmosphere between guests. Location is good and they do have a kitchen. I switched hostels and ended up at Barnacles and I had one of my best nights in Galway. So maybe try out hostels in the city and see what fits you.

I've been there last Easter's week end and I've booked a double bedroom. The room was unbelievably small, dusty and lots of humidity during the day and night. Also my clothes were wet all the time and impossible to dry them up. The service is very basic. The staff unpolite. A friend of us arrived on Saturday evening and asked for a bed for one night only. Response was that he had to stay for minimum 2 days. The cost for a bed in the dormitory suppose to be 56 euro.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I had a great time in Galway. Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was clean and the breakfast was good for the price. The only problem was that the two bathrooms in the 2nd floor were not enough in the mornig so you had to wait a while for a free bathroom.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Great beds and pillow! The staff were fantastic and do friendly and helpful. Location just perfect. We will stay here again

It was an amazing time spent there. Nice rooms to chill, and meet people!

• 16th Mar 2015