Celtic Tourist Hostel Reviews

Queen Street,Victoria Place, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Location, staff and breakfast are more than enough for a hostel. However there are many things which need an improve! Slow wifi that doesn't reach the rooms, sinks are way too small and the rooms too, the rooms and the blankets smelled really bad and the showers are really weak (dripping instead of showering). Moreover, in my opinion it is crazyness to pay that much for such a hostel, 55€ for a "twin room" with no bathroom inside. 2 bathrooms each floor, for over 20 people..never again!

It peeved me that the charging outlets were very far from my bed. not enough lockers for everyone. the wifi also didn't reach my bed.

Grandest; staff was very nice.

• 5th Aug 2015

Poca limpieza, los baños muy descuidados y la habitacion doble prqueñosima. Tambien el precio excede la calidad del hostal.

Lovely welcoming & helpful staff, but I wouldn't stay there again. I was so cold & heating didn't work so wore layers of clothes to bed. The bed was hard & lumpy, the shower was a cold dribble (either broken or needs instructions provided), the wifi did not reach the dorm & not much of a vibe. Great staff, good location & nice bright breakfast room, just an uncomfortable stay..

I really enjoyed my stay in Galway, the hostel is very central, the personal and the other travellers were really nice people.. It was only a bit expensive but I guess it was because of the busy weekend

• 1st Aug 2015

Unfortunately our stay wasn't so pleasant as we booked for 7 and we were told only 6 could stay and were charged for 7 on the card hopefully this wrongdoing can be corrected. Jonathan Glynn

• 31st Jul 2015

8 people turned up not 7 so we had to turn 1 away as we were fully booked, 7 beds were available for your booking for which you were charged.

Hostel was fine, locationbl and price are the only reasons we stayed. the twin rooms are ridiculously small.

• 25th Jul 2015

Very pleasant hostel in central location. Well run with big, clean, well stocked kitchen. Breakfast included in price. Rooms are small but clean. Staff are friendly and efficient. As hostels go, it's a good one.

• 9th Jul 2015

Tidy and clean. Quiet atmosphere. A five minute walk from the center of town. WiFi sometimes spotty. Helpful staff.

This hostel had nice-sized rooms and a great kitchen for cooking. However, the blankets were obviously not clean (they smelled like sweat and mildew), but the room itself was clean. I was also unhappy about having a very small bin to lock my belongings, I couldn't even fit my backpack. The staff was nice and helped us book a tour of The Cliffs of Moher, which was amazing! I would probably try to find another hostel to stay at in Galway, the blankets were off-putting.

Three people in the room came home at 4:00am and started throwing a party in the room. They invited over random guests and they were yelling. In addition, one person vomited all over the room. This was the worst hostel stay I have ever had.

• 6th Jun 2015

This hostel was just OK on pretty much all fronts. The bathrooms weren't in the room, which wasn't great, but they were decently clean. The staff was more interested in partying than being helpful, which is fine if all you want to do is party. The location is great though, right next to the city square and the bus/train station.

Super friendly staff. Fantastic location. Great deals at bar. But no wifi in rooms, so everyone was competing for space/power outlets in the chill out room.

Staff felt a bit distant/tired of their job. Only hungout with thenselves. Stuck up just a tad. Not really a welcoming vibe. There was a german guy that was ok but the rest were a bit too depressed for me. And WIFI is horrid.

Bed and pillows were a joke! The most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. So if u are only looking for a place where to rest at nigh, that is not the place at all. The location was good and the staff was really helpful.

The location of the hostel coudnt be bette!! It is less than 10 minutes walking from the main pub street.. The showers and bed were alright for the price paid. The main problem was not enough plugs in the room and only two lockers for an 8 bed room...

This location is a hippy palace located at the docks, but close to Eyre Square. Can't say we enjoyed our stay and weren't sorry to leave in the morning. We rang and rang for service in the morning, which was ignored and once someone came, we realized he was someone we thought was a guest eating his breakfast and looking at his computer in the kitchen. They retained my daughter's passport overnight and did not return it when we checked out, which would be disastrous if he didn't follow us.

• 28th May 2015

Lovely hostel in a great location, walking distance to everything, yet nice and quiet. Well equipped kitchen, comfortable and clean rooms with extra plugs to charge phones, cameras etc. Lovely staff. Only downsides... For one of the showers on the second floor I found it impossible to get the water temperature right, i.e. boiling hot or freezing cold. Also, there are not enough lockers for everyone and some of the keys are a bit bent so difficul to close the door - but staff are happy to help

Very good hostel, the staff were very helpful. The rooms were very cosy and warm. The kitchen area is excellent, showers have loads of warm water. There is also a really nice common area with comfortable sofas. Everything suits the size of the hostel. One very nice touch I haven't noticed before is there are both irish and European electrical sockets in the kitchen area. If I were to back to Galway this would be my hostel of choice.

• 2nd May 2015