Celtic Tourist Hostel Reviews

Queen Street,Victoria Place, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Good location because it's a short walk to the square and and the shops, but also because it's quiet. The staff are very accommodating and friendly. Cool art on the walls. Some had troubles with the wifi, although I did not. Nice to have free breakfast as well as tea, coffee AND hot chocolate throughout the day.

• 17th Apr 2015

This is basicaly a good place to shower and sleep. The staff is wonderful. However, the rooms are decent, but there are not enough lockers to lock your bags and etc. Bathrooms are clean but showers are not great. I didn't feel much of a atmosphere between guests. Location is good and they do have a kitchen. I switched hostels and ended up at Barnacles and I had one of my best nights in Galway. So maybe try out hostels in the city and see what fits you.

I've been there last Easter's week end and I've booked a double bedroom. The room was unbelievably small, dusty and lots of humidity during the day and night. Also my clothes were wet all the time and impossible to dry them up. The service is very basic. The staff unpolite. A friend of us arrived on Saturday evening and asked for a bed for one night only. Response was that he had to stay for minimum 2 days. The cost for a bed in the dormitory suppose to be 56 euro.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I had a great time in Galway. Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was clean and the breakfast was good for the price. The only problem was that the two bathrooms in the 2nd floor were not enough in the mornig so you had to wait a while for a free bathroom.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Great beds and pillow! The staff were fantastic and do friendly and helpful. Location just perfect. We will stay here again

It was an amazing time spent there. Nice rooms to chill, and meet people!

• 16th Mar 2015

Would have appreciated more heating! It got very very cold at night.

• 20th Feb 2015

We are sorry that you felt cold. The room you were in has two heaters. One of these can be adjusted by guests. We cannot control it if other guests are too warm and turn the heating down. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Great hostel, staff were friendly, dorm room was spacious and warm, Bathrooms were clean. I would definitely stay here again, Galway is an awesome place.

• 6th Jan 2015

Cold, very very cold.

• 29th Dec 2014

Good hostel. Although cheaper options exists, the help of the staff (especially Emma) is priceless for those just arriving to Galway, she saved me so much time with her great advice. thanks!