Celtic Tourist Hostel Reviews

Queen Street,Victoria Place, Galway, Galway, Ireland

Didn't stay for too long, but I really liked the staff and the atmosphere! Breakfast basic but good, fresh fruits, juice, jams.. Beds comfortable and clean, hot showers.. Perfect location in city centre, only one minute from Eyer Square! Very close to the pubs, but quiet enough for a sleep! All around a good visit to Galway!

• 27th Jan 2016
  • Croatia

PROS: Comfortable mattrass, free breakfast. CONS: Showers: clogged and weak. Wi-fi: slow. Laundry: inexistent. Furniture: old. Security: none, no cameras and drunk people can fight in the room. Price: high for the value, this is a hostel you take if you have no other choice.

Best hostel ever during my trip in Europe. Had such a blast there!! Rooms are clean; Staff is amazing; The atmposphere is friendly and warm, people talk to each other. Lots of fun and lots of love there.. You don t wanna miss this hostel ;-)

• 23rd Oct 2015

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed in along my travels. First foot in the door you are greeted by lovely friendly staff that are so accommodating and happy to help in any way they can to make your stay amazing ! I ended up extending my stay here because it was such a great atmosphere I was reluctant to leave :) The bedrooms/bathrooms/kitchen are some of the cleanest I've seen in any of the hostels I've stayed in and it is small enough that it isn't overcrowded. Big thumbs up! -Alicia

This Hostel was an absolute delight to be in as it is small in bed spaces and felt just like sharing a flat with lovely amiable friends ! it is the best Hostel experience of my entire Hostelling life. My only concern would be that if too many people find out about this gem of a place then the NEXT time that I want to go to Glorious Galway City there won't be a bed space for me ! Congratulations Croatia ! ~ Glasgow Jimmy ( Poet ).

• 23rd Oct 2015

The room booked at website was "private twin beds" for 56€/night. The real room was a very very little room, only space for a small bunk bed under the roof. This is not twin beds! No space for luggage, neither for stay two people. The room was cold, heating does not work, not very clean. there was no staff at night to enforce young drunk people to follow the hostel rooms about noise. There was parties at 2 a.m. in the rooms

Our on line description clearly says:"Please note that our Twin rooms are small 3.75m2 and contain 1 set of bunk beds(not a double bed)". Our staff were always at your disposal so if you had problem with the heating,you could have asked assistance. We are sorry if our young guests woke you up at night,but we assure you that they weren't having parties in the room. They were talking after night out so our staff told them to respect guests who were sleeping after which they were quiet.

Lovely small hostel to stay in such a beautiful town, staff are very welcoming, rooms are clean and beds are comfortable . Happy with my stay.

It is a very quiet hostel with not a great party vibe, people mainly do their own thing. There is one bathroom to around 6-12 people and two bathrooms on 1 floor. There is no lift which makes carrying luggage up stairs difficult. The location is good but the hostel is tucked away from the main road which can be dangerous at night. The breakfast was very average...toast and jam +/- yoghurt. Its basically a house made into a hostel. The staff were friendly enough

Very close to the train and bus stations.

Location, staff and breakfast are more than enough for a hostel. However there are many things which need an improve! Slow wifi that doesn't reach the rooms, sinks are way too small and the rooms too, the rooms and the blankets smelled really bad and the showers are really weak (dripping instead of showering). Moreover, in my opinion it is crazyness to pay that much for such a hostel, 55€ for a "twin room" with no bathroom inside. 2 bathrooms each floor, for over 20 people..never again!

It peeved me that the charging outlets were very far from my bed. not enough lockers for everyone. the wifi also didn't reach my bed.