Cem Sultan Reviews

Kutlugun Sokak No: 28 34400 Sultanahmet, Eminonu, Istanbul, Turkey

Fantastic and helpful staff. The best location possible in Istanbul. Lovely room.

Had a great stay at cem sultan, 2 mins from all major sights and tram stop, lots of small restaurants nearby.

We stayed in the 8 bed bunk room downstairs, for two nights. There are two bathrooms, both with toilet and shower, but one was far too small to shower in, and the toilet was not working in the other. The floors were wet and dirty throughout our stay. The door to the bunk room is also very loud and creaky, which is quite disruptive. The atmosphere was not very social so it may not be very good for solo travellers. Breakfast and location were great!

Nice hotel abmnd staff. There is a beautiful view from the terrase and it's really close to all atractions at sultanahmet. We recommend it.

Perfect location , very near to the main sights. Staff friendly and helpful , exceeded my expectations and I would go there again .

• 28th Mar 2015

My days in Cem Sultan was excellent. The location, comfort and price are perfect. Is really easy to walk or take the metro to get to the principal tourism point in Istambul. Islam and Nadir work in the reception and help me in everything. I want to say thank you and thank you!!!! I travel by mayself so they really help in what to do and what not to do in Istambul. I definally recommend Cem sultan 100%

• 20th Mar 2015

Staff is awesome 10/10 Location is awesome 10/10 Only drawback is the really cold winter and the sometimes poorly constructed windows.

On the first day when we came, there was no running water. Next day there was still no water AND no electricity and therefore no WiFi. When I asked the staff they told me it's a poor incident that both drags came together and normally it's not that way. Water and power came back the next day.

THANKS A LOTO FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND PACIENCE. WE WILL COME BACK TO ISTAMBUL AND STAY AT CEM SULTAN. I STRONGLY RECOMEND YOU TO OFFER A BETTER BREAKFAST.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Chile

8인실 절대 가지마세요 모포같은거주고 시트도 더럽고 갈지도 않는듯ㅠ개인콘센트 개인불 없고 반지하에다가 화장실 장난 아닙니다ㅠㅠ샤워실은 화장실안에 있는데 둘다 엄청 더러워요 나중에 돈 더내고 2인실로 바꿨는데 천국이에요 가격은 직접 가서 딜하는게 쌉니다 1인 3만원에 잤는데 시설도 괜찮고 시트도 맨날 갈아주고 콘센트는 하나지만 훨씬 좋았어요 조식 괜찮습니다 잼에서 개미가 나오긴 하지만...

• 24th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Perfect located. Not really clean, but very friendly staff. Well worht the money

What a view for breakfast overlooking the water! Wow! The breakfast ladies were very sweet and supply a really great breakfast buffet. The reception staff could be more helpful/confident in suggesting places to see whilst in Istanbul, almost didn't hear a peep out of reception. The location is amazing, right smack bang in the middle of some great sights.

I have really enjoyed my holiday both in the city and in the hostel. Thanks a lot for your service !!

• 22nd Aug 2014

It is a budget accommodation, clean, we were in a tiny room first night, got upgraded without asking, which was good. Did have issues with dripping taps, shower in both rooms.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The owner was super nice and kind, and we felt so welcomed. The price isn't bad, but the shower room was broken and dirty. Because we used dormitory underground, we could hardly use wifi. Other than that, everything else was fine. Especially the breakfast was veryyyyy nice.

Located right in the city center as they said, was a little hard to find but if you ask around you'll get by. The place was clean in general, but one night I found slugs in our shower! No big deal, but not a nice touch either. Make sure you ask for a room with window as they also have little dark boxes labeled as rooms. Air conditioning works as a charm, breakfast is rich and has a very nice atmosphere on the top floor, but stay out of window seats as seagulls might steal your bread :D

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

A really good place and comfortable.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Convenient location on a quiet street, the bed was comfortable and the shower always hot.. A great place place for people who like to smoke because owner, staff, their family and friends were smokers. It would have been more pleasant if the roof terrace had been consistently open for hotel guests to use.

• 2nd Nov 2012

Good place to stay. Staff were lovely, breakfast nice.

This hotel has excellent location, only few steps from Istanbul main touristic attractions. It was clean, staff was friendly and breakfast is great. We enjoyed staying there.

View all Istanbul Bed and Breakfasts