Centabay Lodge Reviews

27 Selwyn Road, Bay of Islands, Paihia, New Zealand

Was good, and the hosteleer and his young daughter were very helpful - she was celebrating her 12th b.day. Fraid we don,t remember names! She found me 2 extra pillows that I need for sleeping.

We had a private room downstairs. The walls are paper thin. There was a guy snoring in the next room and we could hear him so clearly we might as well have been in bed next to him! Really annoying because you book a private room so you don't have to put up with that stuff. Other than that it was fine. Guy on reception is really nice.

Was put in a room with two blokes who look like they lives there long term. The room was a mess. Wouldn't have let my dog sleep there. Wanted to move out but everywhere was fully book. There is loads off good hostels near by so don't stay here! I do recommend the pickled parrot as i met friends there and was free wifi. Which my hostel i had to pay a lot for.

really average to below average. the only great thing is the location. bunkbeds very shakey and had no side, stuck in a room with all long-termers so very hard to mingle and also very messy - so much so that i lost my mp3. Also smells a lot like weed. Cleanliness was below average and heard some horror stories about the workers there.