Centabay Lodge Reviews

27 Selwyn Road, Bay of Islands, Paihia, New Zealand

Kitchen was dirty and untidy mainly due to the other backpackers staying there at the time, however the staff didn't seem to clean it daily or have any strict rules for guests to clean up after themselves. The hostel did supply free kayaks which was great and the staff were very friendly.

awesome facilities, great value for money good atmosphere, THE place in Paihia deffinatly worth checking out

The location is great. Sadly, that's the only positive. Bed bugs, it smells, one of my roommates smelled like an ashtray, so when he entered/left the room it would just stink, I vomited twice due to the smell (and I only spent 2 nights here). The wifi was down, not much of a big deal though, it was nice being without internet for a while. I was over charged at check in, I was supposed to pay NZ$38.72, but instead the girl who checked me in charged me NZ$44, because I didn't have a BBH card.

• 22nd Aug 2014