Centabay Lodge Reviews

27 Selwyn Road, Bay of Islands, Paihia, New Zealand

The location is great. Sadly, that's the only positive. Bed bugs, it smells, one of my roommates smelled like an ashtray, so when he entered/left the room it would just stink, I vomited twice due to the smell (and I only spent 2 nights here). The wifi was down, not much of a big deal though, it was nice being without internet for a while. I was over charged at check in, I was supposed to pay NZ$38.72, but instead the girl who checked me in charged me NZ$44, because I didn't have a BBH card.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Wales

Was good, and the hosteleer and his young daughter were very helpful - she was celebrating her 12th b.day. Fraid we don,t remember names! She found me 2 extra pillows that I need for sleeping.