Center Ramblas Reviews

Carrer Hospital 63, 08001, Barcelona, Spain

1996 Total Reviews

The staff were really friendly and went out of their way to help me when my locker broke and also when I needed info about the trains n buses. Not the best hostel I've ever stayed at though..It's in a dodgey street..I felt really uncomfortable walking on my own.

The staff were brilliant and helpful and the hostel is in such a great location. However it did not feel very clean and the showers...

The price was reasonable. The bad things: no community place (there is a kitchen and a small computer/internet room but they do not really function in a way that people meet eachother or like to spend time there) - which is really a pitty because it gives a hostel a better 'atmosphere' if people like to hang out there a little bit more than necesary. And the breakfast - not really healthy, mostly sugar. Evrything else was really nice and I would come back again. A+ for the receptionist guy:)

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Croatia

easily the worst hostel

Great hostel in the centre of Barcelona. Good place to stay. Only comment would be that the coffee in the morning was in drinkable.

Rude staff people, not so clean, old and poorly maintained facilities, price too high for what it gives.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

So I had mixed feelings about this place. Pros: Amazing location Helpful staff Nice equipped kitchen I met a lot of people Pub crawl was fun The commons area was ok The dining room is large Cons: A tiny girl 4'11' and 110lbs and the shower was too small for me. I had to have half my body out of the shower to properly scrub. I hope you're not modest The floors and dining room were always dirty The wifi was bad 1 out of 4 computers worked well The lounge is tiny It was very noisy

I couldn't check into my dorm on time and when I eventually got to my dorm it's was a complete mess from the other guests and they only locker that was spare didn't work. I reported it but nothing was done about it. I went to stay with a friend on my second night as I had no intention of returning or will again.

• 11th Aug 2015

we arrived at midnight and the guy at the reception made us wait because he couldnt find our reservation. Finally he "put" us in a four-bed-room arranged for six. The next day we had to change room. We were in a smaller room. We couldnt walk. The common room close too early and there isnt the kitchen. Early in the morning a group of french girls made noise with music. They ran and laught loudly and nobody told them to stop even if it was reported. Definitely the price doesnt worth it.

• 10th Aug 2015

The Hostel is extremely well located, the Ramblas is the place to stay in Barcelona, but the hostel presented some troubles, as the wifi never reaching the rooms, the bathrooms were kinda shameful. The Staff was amazing most of the time, except for one person who sadly made our check in and was as rude as you can get, making everyone first impression the worst. The breakfest was simple and fair.

My two friends and I stayed there for 2 nights and it wasn't a very pleaseant experience. The wi fi works only on the ground floor and stoped working for a whole day; the staff wasn't very friendly at all and the shared room was dirty when we arrived. In spite of this, the price was good for the location: two blocs from Las Ramblas - turistic avenue - and a metro station (Liceu).

• 10th Aug 2015

Unhealthy showers

• 8th Aug 2015

This hostel was not clean, the rooms were extremely hot and smelly!!! It was awful to sleep. There was a guy that got his cellphone stolen inside our room because someone in the hostel let this person inside. The wifi just work at the ground floor..if you are at your room you don't have access to the wifi

• 8th Aug 2015

The staff -- Joseph and Anastasi(a) -- were really helpful, competent, efficient, and kind. Could not wish for better staff!! The 8 bed-dorm that I shared had no air-conditioning; and we were lucky that it had rained earlier and the weather was cooler. The computer station downstairs needs regular attention. Some of the keys do not work. Otherwise all prospects pleased. Thanks!!

Serves it's purpose, a good location, friendly staff, but perhaps a little tired as a venue.

Center Ramblas was very crowded during our stay, which made the hostel feel too small and not clean(especially in the common rooms). However, the excellent location and friendly staff did make up for that. But if the location of Center Ramblas is not your priority, definitely book something else.

Awful small rooms, very dirty, no lockers (they say free but you have to pay 2 euros), no wifi in the rooms, poor and not good breakfast. the bathrooms are terrible, dirty, and always broken, also the elevator. Despite the center positions is very very bad, don't go

The Location of the Hostel is perfect -in the downtown! Perfectly to reach by bus from the Airport und after that by subway the all other Sightseeing Points. The rooms are furnished with lockers with key for the private bags and luggage. The bathrooms and the toilets were very dirty!!! The gutter in the bath-cabinet was full with hair! The breakfast was good - musli+milk+toast+jam+coffee+tea.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Bulgaria

Staff were friendly and facicilities were good but the room was very small meaning it was hard to get around amd got hot

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Wales

Good hostel clean and secure rooms nice breakfast

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7