Center Ramblas Reviews

Carrer Hospital 63, 08001, Barcelona, Spain

I stayed with my wife few nights and we actually like it. First it was economic so we could save some cash for other stuff. Second, facilities are very basic, but it is what you are paying for - bed and a locker. Breakfast was included. We had some problems with the computers, we had to wait almost one hour, since it was many people waiting for 3 computers, but it is still a value added that they had it for free. Alverall it was a good experience and for a budget travellers I would recommend it

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

It was so big and without much of a central area that it didn't facilitate meeting other travelers. Being on the top floor and without the elevator working was inconvenient. The staff was nice and very helpful, but perhaps overloaded.

• 8th Aug 2014

The place was reasonable with such a cheap price, the staff took care of my questions all the time, the room is tidy with bed linen provided. And the location was near Las Ramblas and it was easy to find. Just two things to add. When I was there I lived on the 4th floor and the lift was broken, so it was quite exhausting that I needed to carry my luggage over 4 floors. And for the Wifi, it only covers a designated area on the first floor, it doesn't actually cover the whole hostel.

• 8th Aug 2014

Since i arrved very late and left early next morning, i do not have much impression to coment on. Sorry.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Japan

The hostel was okay. Not more or less. The rooms were usually quite clean, but didnt have a personal touch to them at all. Our room had two beds, three lockers, a fan and thats it. No posters, no nothing to make it feel a little more like being at home. The staff was mostly helpful, even though one of them didnt feel like looking for a solution when one was needed urgently. The hostel was in an excellent location, in the middle of the rambla. Would probably not go again.

I will never ever stay here again, nor recommend it to anyone.

• 31st Jul 2014

I think it's worth spending a little more for a nicer hostel in Barcelona. I wouldn't particularly recommend this hostel to a friend.

• 29th Jul 2014

I got only slightly less that expected based on how much I paid for a night at Center Ramblas, obviously a higher rate would entail better facilities. At the same time, when I arrived at noon, the place had still not been cleaned. I went out for the day and when I returned at 7pm the bed sheets were still not available. The building was musty with a smell of chlorine and body odor and there were cockroaches.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Bit strange that bed linen wasn't provided until quite late into the evening, but the receptionist workiing throughout the night was so friendly and helpful.

• 21st Jul 2014

Great location, clean facilities and decent breakfast. Wifi only in common areas but it's great that it is available.

• 17th Jul 2014

Dont even know where to begin. It was an easy place to find but I wish we wouldnt have ever found it. The bathrooms were dirty and the eating area was always disgusting. Think they only wipe the tables down once a day. No real area to hangout. The worst part was the overweight bald front staff man who was extremely rude whenever we had a question and wouldnt give us even pilowcases when everyone else had them. Im extremely disappointed I wasted my stay in Barcelona. Worst hostel this entire trip

Easy to find and get to from the airport, only stayed one night but was comfortable as well as functional, good to have breakfast before further travel however very strange tasting orange juice! Other than that perfect for us

• 16th Jul 2014

The rooms were like prison cells, nothing on the walls, no mirror, and a window that opened onto an alley (but didn't really open). The room was right next to the lift so sleeping was difficult as you would be constantly disturbed by the noise. The girls bathroom was disgusting, bins rarely emptied and hair all over the sinks, one of the toilet seats was broken. The breakfast was pretty rubbish. The wifi was not available outside reception. You can definitely find better value/quality in BCN.

• 16th Jul 2014

Great location and good staff are the only good things going for this hostel. It was very disorganized and people were always confused on where they were staying. We had to leave the door open at night because it was so hot. A lot of the time our room was hotter then outside. There was no WiFi in our room and I was on the 5th floor but the elevator was broken or closed more then it was open. Carrying luggage up and down 5 flights of stairs was not fun.

Quite an unpleasant stay. Some of the staff was rude and clueless of the hostel's own events & couldn't help me with anything I needed to know about BCN. The bathrooms were pretty dirty and there weren't any clean sheets available when I arrived. Usually those kind of things don't matter to me if the atmosphere is good and the staff's helpful but neither of the two were present. Everyone kept to themselves at least during the few days I stayed at the hostel. The only good thing is the location.

The hostel is situated very central which is a big plus. Yet, it is not very beautiful and really just a low average for a hostel in my opinion.

- no WiFi available during our stay, rooms very simply with as many beds as possible, - right in the center,close to Metro, supermarket also around the corner, friendly staff

No cooking facilties

• 8th Jul 2014

What a experience! The only good thing in that hostel is the staff! It's loud, small, without air and the safety boxes for your bags are a joke like the very small WIFI-area-ramp near the reception-desk and exit.

Good location, clean enough, beds are fine, I would stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4