Center Ramblas Reviews

Carrer Hospital 63, 08001, Barcelona, Spain

I found this hostel dirty, and the room were so poor. The door in my room with 8 others persons couldn't close. It's really noisy. The bathroom isn't so clean. And the quality of the breakfast is very poor, not so good. I think they need to repare or renovate this place. I'lI'll never recommend this place. Fortunately it was for only one night. The pictures on the website are different with reality.

• 25th Sep 2014

the breakfast was very bad. even the tea didn't taste good.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Really friendly staff, good location. We had a really good time in Barcelona

Rooms and bathroom is clean. Just they need to fix their elevator asap. I stuck in the elevator fot 20 minutes with three other people. We rang the alery alarm like crazy, and hit the door, noone even cared!! And when i released i went to the receptionest to tell what happened, he only said you are right. Other thing is they need to put at least a bit more option to their breakfast alternatives. Maybe croissant, its 5 for 1 euro in supermarket.

it was a very good location, just 3 minutes walk from las ramblas ahowever, the showers were in really bad conditions...the curtains could barely cover the shower, mould on the wall and hair blocking the drains for 2 days.

Hostel was the cheapest one we stayed in but not worth it. We stayed there for five days in a room packed tight with eight bunks. Nights were hot and stuffy, and when anyone asked for the air conditioner to be turned on, staff would turn it back off soon after. bathrooms were seldom cleaned out. My first day I complained about a sink someone threw up in but it wasn't cleaned out until the following day. wifi works only in reception area.I do not recommend staying at this hostel.

For this price it´s good enough!! Thank you!

• 13th Sep 2014

Dirty bathrooms. Showers have no doors and positioned in front of bathroom door. Room very hot and next to elevator. Very high noise through the room walls.Llights in bed so strong that lit up whole room. Wifi only on first floor. reception always very crowded. I found my bag open with the lock broken and clothes messed up. Luckily nothing was stolen. hostel didnt want to check the images from cameras. I didnt feel safe and had to rent a safe. Don't recommend

• 12th Sep 2014

If you haven't been there, DON'T! It was the worst hostel i've ever been in and it is a general opinion among the other people too. The only good thing about it is that it is very near to the city center but you can find many hostels like that with better conditions.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Great location

Very nice place just in the center, very good location. very good price as well and good services. clean and tidy, silent at night time and nice friendly staff too. Just the hostel I would recommend to visitors in Barcelona!

• 6th Sep 2014

Nice hostel, nice staff

Let me get this straight: the staff is nice and helpful, the hostel is cheap, the breakfast is included. All the rest depends on what you are looking for. I personally didn't enjoy my stay in Center Ramblas due to its awful environment. Alcohol gets in as easily as people from outside, the noise has no end, the organisation is poor. And what's the point of having a girls dorm if I saw more men in there than actually women? Being a youth hostel is not an excuse for stupidity.

Nice, easy to find hostel just off los ramblas, staff were good for giving us a map and pointing out some things we could do, nice communal area and the rooms are clean and spacious. Our air con turned itself off quite a lot though which obviously made it ridiculously hot with it being summer in Barcelona, no complaints other than that though. Would definitely recommend.

This hostel is one of the best hostels we've ever seen so far. We highly recommend people to stay at Central Ramblas. The room which we stayed was clean and tidy. Rooms also have air conditioner and cupboards which you can put your stuff safely. We were very delighted with the hostel during our 3-day-trip. Staff were also very friendly. Thanks. Hope to see you soon.

The hostel is almost on the city center. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the price is good for what they offer (they include breakfast). The common area is not that good as you can see in other places, but the enviorment in general is quite good and can make friends quite easily.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Costa Rica

I really enjoyed my time here. Clean, very well located and very good price I am a backpacker myself and I think you get from this hostel more than you need in Barcelona. They even ofer plenty of tours. Recommended

We stayed in the hostel for a total of 2 nights and we were happy we wernt staying any longer. The hostel itself and the staff were ok, but the dirt in the place was horrific. We were on the 3rd floor and the two girls in the room with me would shower downstairs in a private bathroom belonging to someone else because the showers on our floor were actually rotten. The men's shower room was littered with shorts and empty shower gel bottles and just a mess in general. Woudlnt recomment.

• 24th Aug 2014

Found the hostel very disappointing, showers and rooms were dirty and badly equipped. When we arrived the hostel was fully booked and despite booking many months in advance we found we had been moved from a female four bed to a mixed eight bed. Also had to wait until 11.30pm for our bedding.

The center ramblas needs to improve on a variety of reasons. The hostel has a fantastic location but fails to capitalise the strategic advantage by providing poor facilities. The multi bed rooms were crammed with more beds than it could handle. Extremely poor ventilation in such rooms and poor value for money made it a hard stay in Barcelona for us. We stayed for 3 days and couldn't get a hour's sleep as the rooms were too small for 10 or 8 beds and extremely noisy all the time.

• 22nd Aug 2014