Center Ramblas Reviews

Carrer Hospital 63, 08001, Barcelona, Spain

Bit strange that bed linen wasn't provided until quite late into the evening, but the receptionist workiing throughout the night was so friendly and helpful.

• 21st Jul 2014

Dont even know where to begin. It was an easy place to find but I wish we wouldnt have ever found it. The bathrooms were dirty and the eating area was always disgusting. Think they only wipe the tables down once a day. No real area to hangout. The worst part was the overweight bald front staff man who was extremely rude whenever we had a question and wouldnt give us even pilowcases when everyone else had them. Im extremely disappointed I wasted my stay in Barcelona. Worst hostel this entire trip

Easy to find and get to from the airport, only stayed one night but was comfortable as well as functional, good to have breakfast before further travel however very strange tasting orange juice! Other than that perfect for us

• 16th Jul 2014

The rooms were like prison cells, nothing on the walls, no mirror, and a window that opened onto an alley (but didn't really open). The room was right next to the lift so sleeping was difficult as you would be constantly disturbed by the noise. The girls bathroom was disgusting, bins rarely emptied and hair all over the sinks, one of the toilet seats was broken. The breakfast was pretty rubbish. The wifi was not available outside reception. You can definitely find better value/quality in BCN.

• 16th Jul 2014

Great location and good staff are the only good things going for this hostel. It was very disorganized and people were always confused on where they were staying. We had to leave the door open at night because it was so hot. A lot of the time our room was hotter then outside. There was no WiFi in our room and I was on the 5th floor but the elevator was broken or closed more then it was open. Carrying luggage up and down 5 flights of stairs was not fun.

The hostel is situated very central which is a big plus. Yet, it is not very beautiful and really just a low average for a hostel in my opinion.

- no WiFi available during our stay, rooms very simply with as many beds as possible, - right in the center,close to Metro, supermarket also around the corner, friendly staff

No cooking facilties

• 8th Jul 2014

What a experience! The only good thing in that hostel is the staff! It's loud, small, without air and the safety boxes for your bags are a joke like the very small WIFI-area-ramp near the reception-desk and exit.

Good location, clean enough, beds are fine, I would stay there again.

We got a twin room here - while it was ok I don't think it worked out very good value. We paid nearly 50 euro for the room which was pretty bare and had strip lighting which flickered on and off. The shared shower was also pretty grim. For that kind of money you can get somewhere much nicer in Barcelona. Having said that, if you just want a bed this place is fine and the staff were friendly and helpful. The place could just do with a bit of a revamp.

The bedroom was very small and there weren't tables or chairs, nothing to place your things besides your own bed. There was a plug for each bed, which is a good thing, but it wasn't enough for me. I would say: take your extension (I don't know how to say it in english).

The location was very good. They give free breakfast. But not recommended for couples to stay in 10-person-style rooms

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Azerbaijan

When we first arrived they did not have a room for us because the one they took us to was dirty and looked like people were staying in all the beds. After checking 3 rooms they gave us one to stay for the night but we had to go back the next day to find another for the other 4 nights. It was a fiasco and we booked ahead of time. The bathrooms were disgusting and the rooms barely got cleaned. People's old sheets were on beds for days. Great location but that's about it.

the 6 person dorms are very small and extremely hot since there is no air conditionner...we stayed just one night but it was enough to feel like we were in a prison cell

The rooms are hot in summer. There is always a lot of noise and no staff at night come upstairs to keep any sort of order. When I complained about loud noise after midnight I was told I am not the police. At 6 pm when I went to the dining area the fridge door was wide open and the stored food was warm, i closed it but it must have been opened for hours. The shower was so blocked with hair the water would not go down I tried to remove some with toilet Paper but still didn't go down

The bathrooms were not really clean, the shower used to stop throwing water during the bath. The rooms are really tight, there is nothing to eat in there. The only good point is that there are plugs for each bed.

the bathroom was always dirty!

It's note very clean, staff wasn't helpful. Rooms are really small but security was ok.

I really enjoyed staying at Center Ramblas! The staff was very friendly and helpful at the reception and also the kitchen/cleaning staff was so amiable! The only thing I missed were chairs or hooks in the (bath-)room. Especially in the bathroom-- as I did not know where to put my clothings before taking a shower. There were some hooks in the bathroom but no area to put one´s clothing. -In the room itself I missed some coat-hangers or shelves, that would have been helpful for ordering one´s stuff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4