Center Ramblas Reviews

Carrer Hospital 63, 08001, Barcelona, Spain

Dont even know where to begin. It was an easy place to find but I wish we wouldnt have ever found it. The bathrooms were dirty and the eating area was always disgusting. Think they only wipe the tables down once a day. No real area to hangout. The worst part was the overweight bald front staff man who was extremely rude whenever we had a question and wouldnt give us even pilowcases when everyone else had them. Im extremely disappointed I wasted my stay in Barcelona. Worst hostel this entire trip

The rooms were like prison cells, nothing on the walls, no mirror, and a window that opened onto an alley (but didn't really open). The room was right next to the lift so sleeping was difficult as you would be constantly disturbed by the noise. The girls bathroom was disgusting, bins rarely emptied and hair all over the sinks, one of the toilet seats was broken. The breakfast was pretty rubbish. The wifi was not available outside reception. You can definitely find better value/quality in BCN.

• 16th Jul 2014

Great location and good staff are the only good things going for this hostel. It was very disorganized and people were always confused on where they were staying. We had to leave the door open at night because it was so hot. A lot of the time our room was hotter then outside. There was no WiFi in our room and I was on the 5th floor but the elevator was broken or closed more then it was open. Carrying luggage up and down 5 flights of stairs was not fun.

The hostel is situated very central which is a big plus. Yet, it is not very beautiful and really just a low average for a hostel in my opinion.

- no WiFi available during our stay, rooms very simply with as many beds as possible, - right in the center,close to Metro, supermarket also around the corner, friendly staff

What a experience! The only good thing in that hostel is the staff! It's loud, small, without air and the safety boxes for your bags are a joke like the very small WIFI-area-ramp near the reception-desk and exit.

Good location, clean enough, beds are fine, I would stay there again.

We got a twin room here - while it was ok I don't think it worked out very good value. We paid nearly 50 euro for the room which was pretty bare and had strip lighting which flickered on and off. The shared shower was also pretty grim. For that kind of money you can get somewhere much nicer in Barcelona. Having said that, if you just want a bed this place is fine and the staff were friendly and helpful. The place could just do with a bit of a revamp.

The bedroom was very small and there weren't tables or chairs, nothing to place your things besides your own bed. There was a plug for each bed, which is a good thing, but it wasn't enough for me. I would say: take your extension (I don't know how to say it in english).

The location was very good. They give free breakfast. But not recommended for couples to stay in 10-person-style rooms

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Azerbaijan

When we first arrived they did not have a room for us because the one they took us to was dirty and looked like people were staying in all the beds. After checking 3 rooms they gave us one to stay for the night but we had to go back the next day to find another for the other 4 nights. It was a fiasco and we booked ahead of time. The bathrooms were disgusting and the rooms barely got cleaned. People's old sheets were on beds for days. Great location but that's about it.

the 6 person dorms are very small and extremely hot since there is no air conditionner...we stayed just one night but it was enough to feel like we were in a prison cell

The rooms are hot in summer. There is always a lot of noise and no staff at night come upstairs to keep any sort of order. When I complained about loud noise after midnight I was told I am not the police. At 6 pm when I went to the dining area the fridge door was wide open and the stored food was warm, i closed it but it must have been opened for hours. The shower was so blocked with hair the water would not go down I tried to remove some with toilet Paper but still didn't go down

It's note very clean, staff wasn't helpful. Rooms are really small but security was ok.

I really enjoyed staying at Center Ramblas! The staff was very friendly and helpful at the reception and also the kitchen/cleaning staff was so amiable! The only thing I missed were chairs or hooks in the (bath-)room. Especially in the bathroom-- as I did not know where to put my clothings before taking a shower. There were some hooks in the bathroom but no area to put one´s clothing. -In the room itself I missed some coat-hangers or shelves, that would have been helpful for ordering one´s stuff

The conditions in the double private room are horrible. The windows face the street which is noisy all the time. It's really impossible to fall asleep. The grille on the window is totally unsafe: in case of fire or any other disaster there is no other way out from the room. The breakfast is disgusting: juice and coffee are awful.The taste is totally unnatural. It's not typical of Spain at all. No other facilities like laundry service, kitchen and no way to print anything off included.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Russia

Everything was great but the breakfast is very very bad, even the orange juice is disgusting.

Perfect Place in the 'right' area in BCN. I will come back for sure. Staff very friendly ecpecially the The swede from Gothenburg.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

the nights were extremly noisy! Otherwise ist was worth the money

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Right in the centre of Barcelona, so easy to make friends and had a very friendly welcoming atmosphere

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4