Center Ramblas Reviews

Carrer Hospital 63, 08001, Barcelona, Spain

2013 Total Reviews

Awful small rooms, very dirty, no lockers (they say free but you have to pay 2 euros), no wifi in the rooms, poor and not good breakfast. the bathrooms are terrible, dirty, and always broken, also the elevator. Despite the center positions is very very bad, don't go

It was not in a great neighbourhood. Not extremely cleanly. It was hot. It did not have very friendly staff.

The Location of the Hostel is perfect -in the downtown! Perfectly to reach by bus from the Airport und after that by subway the all other Sightseeing Points. The rooms are furnished with lockers with key for the private bags and luggage. The bathrooms and the toilets were very dirty!!! The gutter in the bath-cabinet was full with hair! The breakfast was good - musli+milk+toast+jam+coffee+tea.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Bulgaria

Staff were friendly and facicilities were good but the room was very small meaning it was hard to get around amd got hot

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Wales

Good hostel clean and secure rooms nice breakfast

It really worth!! Great location, low price, good rooms

Spent a night in the hostel. The walls where u sleep was really dirty and the bathrooms as well. It was ok for a night but no more.

My friend and I stayed in a four-bed female dorm-- or so we thought? Upon arrival, the staff confimed a female dorm, and then we arrived home at night to find two men sharing our dorm. We didn't mind, but after the staff confirmed a female dorm, it was strange. Also, the showers were disgusting-- I didn't even want to touch them. Finally, the wifi only works on the ground floor. We were expecting more for the amount of money we paid. But, the location was great, 10 min from city center.

The biggest issue i found is the WIFI not reaching the upper floors. You have to go down to the lobby everytime you want to use the internet, no convenient at all when the small lobby is busy with people going back and forth. The Staff is somewhat friendly. They can speak a little English which is good and i thank them for the effort. The facility is clean, could use more cleaning and maintenance when it come to shower rooms. Overall a descent place to stay at for a day or two.

I stayed at this hostel for five days and all the staff was very nice and helpful, I wasn't hot at all during the night and even though the showers were a bit uncomfortable, I showered every day. Do not expect a hotel when you're paying 15 euros aninight. It's a hostel but it's worth the money you pay. Plus, if you're visiting Barcelona you're basically going to be there at night time and when you need to shower. I'd probably go back to this hostel if I came back to Barcelona

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The hostel was in a good location but the street it's on is a bit dodgy and felt a bit unsafe. Staff were friendly but all had different training as it seems some would know some things or tell me and my friend things then the next staff member would say some thing different! The wifi wasn't great at all and ended up having to use my data roaming I think this was due to the hostel being fully booked out every night!

Centre ramblas was a pretty average hostel, the staff weren't very friendly at all and usually made it seem like it was an effort to help. The free breakfast was not good at all, just (sugary cereal and muffins) and the showers were dirty and blocked up/there (so you would be standing in a puddle of water, gross!) was no privacy whilst you showered, the flimsy shower curtain didn't do anyth. Other than that - the location was worth it! So close to the food market which was the best thing ever!

This was my first hostel visit, and im very glad I spent it here! Cots were much more comfortable than expected, extremely helpful staff, and the whole building was quite clean. With a 2 minute walk to LA Rambla, and a 30 minute walk to the beach, you can't beat it's location! Will definitely stay again next time I visit beautiful barcelona!

• 24th Jul 2015

got stuck with a family with a small famiy with a young daughter so the groups of people put into rooms together could have been managed a bit better

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff is really helpful, thoughtful, considerate and sensitive. The dorm rooms are clean enough though the bathrooms could perhaps be cleaner though it is difficult considering the density of occupied space. I got along well with my roommates during my late July/early August visit.

It is a great place . Just the central AC was not as cold as I would have like it

Toilets were usually very dirty. Wifi is only available in the reception, not in the rooms, and it was extremely slow. Rooms without air conditioner, it was horrible to sleep.

3 mn from La Rambla, everything you need in youth hostel, staff very nice, perfect.

• 20th Jul 2015

Central location, air conditioning and included breakfast add some value to this hostel. However, the rooms are quite dreary and when windows are open the noise from lower levels echos up and is very very loud. The showers have only a curtain and are very tiny, and the wifi and air conditioning appeared to be quite temperamental. So if you are simply after a bed to crash in and not fussed about facilities then this hostel is more than adequate.

There was no aircon in the room so it was absolutely smeltering but the shower pressure was amazing. Free breakfast which was good. I would stay there again but ask for a room with aircon that works