Center Ramblas Reviews

Carrer Hospital 63, 08001, Barcelona, Spain

I will never ever stay here again, nor recommend it to anyone.

• 31st Jul 2014

I think it's worth spending a little more for a nicer hostel in Barcelona. I wouldn't particularly recommend this hostel to a friend.

• 29th Jul 2014

I got only slightly less that expected based on how much I paid for a night at Center Ramblas, obviously a higher rate would entail better facilities. At the same time, when I arrived at noon, the place had still not been cleaned. I went out for the day and when I returned at 7pm the bed sheets were still not available. The building was musty with a smell of chlorine and body odor and there were cockroaches.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Bit strange that bed linen wasn't provided until quite late into the evening, but the receptionist workiing throughout the night was so friendly and helpful.

• 21st Jul 2014

That was the worst hostel I've stayed ever. The location is really good, but the rest was really terrible.

Great location, clean facilities and decent breakfast. Wifi only in common areas but it's great that it is available.

• 17th Jul 2014

Dont even know where to begin. It was an easy place to find but I wish we wouldnt have ever found it. The bathrooms were dirty and the eating area was always disgusting. Think they only wipe the tables down once a day. No real area to hangout. The worst part was the overweight bald front staff man who was extremely rude whenever we had a question and wouldnt give us even pilowcases when everyone else had them. Im extremely disappointed I wasted my stay in Barcelona. Worst hostel this entire trip

Easy to find and get to from the airport, only stayed one night but was comfortable as well as functional, good to have breakfast before further travel however very strange tasting orange juice! Other than that perfect for us

• 16th Jul 2014

The rooms were like prison cells, nothing on the walls, no mirror, and a window that opened onto an alley (but didn't really open). The room was right next to the lift so sleeping was difficult as you would be constantly disturbed by the noise. The girls bathroom was disgusting, bins rarely emptied and hair all over the sinks, one of the toilet seats was broken. The breakfast was pretty rubbish. The wifi was not available outside reception. You can definitely find better value/quality in BCN.

• 16th Jul 2014

Great location and good staff are the only good things going for this hostel. It was very disorganized and people were always confused on where they were staying. We had to leave the door open at night because it was so hot. A lot of the time our room was hotter then outside. There was no WiFi in our room and I was on the 5th floor but the elevator was broken or closed more then it was open. Carrying luggage up and down 5 flights of stairs was not fun.

Quite an unpleasant stay. Some of the staff was rude and clueless of the hostel's own events & couldn't help me with anything I needed to know about BCN. The bathrooms were pretty dirty and there weren't any clean sheets available when I arrived. Usually those kind of things don't matter to me if the atmosphere is good and the staff's helpful but neither of the two were present. Everyone kept to themselves at least during the few days I stayed at the hostel. The only good thing is the location.

The hostel is situated very central which is a big plus. Yet, it is not very beautiful and really just a low average for a hostel in my opinion.

- no WiFi available during our stay, rooms very simply with as many beds as possible, - right in the center,close to Metro, supermarket also around the corner, friendly staff

No cooking facilties

• 8th Jul 2014

What a experience! The only good thing in that hostel is the staff! It's loud, small, without air and the safety boxes for your bags are a joke like the very small WIFI-area-ramp near the reception-desk and exit.

Good location, clean enough, beds are fine, I would stay there again.

We got a twin room here - while it was ok I don't think it worked out very good value. We paid nearly 50 euro for the room which was pretty bare and had strip lighting which flickered on and off. The shared shower was also pretty grim. For that kind of money you can get somewhere much nicer in Barcelona. Having said that, if you just want a bed this place is fine and the staff were friendly and helpful. The place could just do with a bit of a revamp.

The bedroom was very small and there weren't tables or chairs, nothing to place your things besides your own bed. There was a plug for each bed, which is a good thing, but it wasn't enough for me. I would say: take your extension (I don't know how to say it in english).

The location is good, but the staff was terrible, they let us waiting a very long time to check-in.

The location was very good. They give free breakfast. But not recommended for couples to stay in 10-person-style rooms

• 5th Jul 2014