Center Ramblas Reviews

Carrer Hospital 63, 08001, Barcelona, Spain

Good location, clean enough, beds are fine, I would stay there again.

We got a twin room here - while it was ok I don't think it worked out very good value. We paid nearly 50 euro for the room which was pretty bare and had strip lighting which flickered on and off. The shared shower was also pretty grim. For that kind of money you can get somewhere much nicer in Barcelona. Having said that, if you just want a bed this place is fine and the staff were friendly and helpful. The place could just do with a bit of a revamp.

The bedroom was very small and there weren't tables or chairs, nothing to place your things besides your own bed. There was a plug for each bed, which is a good thing, but it wasn't enough for me. I would say: take your extension (I don't know how to say it in english).

The location is good, but the staff was terrible, they let us waiting a very long time to check-in.

The location was very good. They give free breakfast. But not recommended for couples to stay in 10-person-style rooms

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Azerbaijan

When we first arrived they did not have a room for us because the one they took us to was dirty and looked like people were staying in all the beds. After checking 3 rooms they gave us one to stay for the night but we had to go back the next day to find another for the other 4 nights. It was a fiasco and we booked ahead of time. The bathrooms were disgusting and the rooms barely got cleaned. People's old sheets were on beds for days. Great location but that's about it.

I really enjoyed my stay here, it wasnt the fanciest hostel but it was more than enough, and it is in a good spot and i think because i met lots of cool people it made it a lot better

the 6 person dorms are very small and extremely hot since there is no air conditionner...we stayed just one night but it was enough to feel like we were in a prison cell

The rooms are hot in summer. There is always a lot of noise and no staff at night come upstairs to keep any sort of order. When I complained about loud noise after midnight I was told I am not the police. At 6 pm when I went to the dining area the fridge door was wide open and the stored food was warm, i closed it but it must have been opened for hours. The shower was so blocked with hair the water would not go down I tried to remove some with toilet Paper but still didn't go down

The bathrooms were not really clean, the shower used to stop throwing water during the bath. The rooms are really tight, there is nothing to eat in there. The only good point is that there are plugs for each bed.

the bathroom was always dirty!

It's note very clean, staff wasn't helpful. Rooms are really small but security was ok.

I really enjoyed staying at Center Ramblas! The staff was very friendly and helpful at the reception and also the kitchen/cleaning staff was so amiable! The only thing I missed were chairs or hooks in the (bath-)room. Especially in the bathroom-- as I did not know where to put my clothings before taking a shower. There were some hooks in the bathroom but no area to put one´s clothing. -In the room itself I missed some coat-hangers or shelves, that would have been helpful for ordering one´s stuff

The conditions in the double private room are horrible. The windows face the street which is noisy all the time. It's really impossible to fall asleep. The grille on the window is totally unsafe: in case of fire or any other disaster there is no other way out from the room. The breakfast is disgusting: juice and coffee are awful.The taste is totally unnatural. It's not typical of Spain at all. No other facilities like laundry service, kitchen and no way to print anything off included.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Russia

Everything was great but the breakfast is very very bad, even the orange juice is disgusting.

Perfect Place in the 'right' area in BCN. I will come back for sure. Staff very friendly ecpecially the The swede from Gothenburg.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

the nights were extremly noisy! Otherwise ist was worth the money

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Right in the centre of Barcelona, so easy to make friends and had a very friendly welcoming atmosphere

Another member staying at the Hostel harassed my friend to sleep with him. When I told the front desk they had no problem in changing our room.

Very Good Value for money, but you need to keep 4 eyes on your stuff at ALL TIMES. I understand this is not up to the hostel, but to the guests.