Center Ramblas Reviews

Carrer Hospital 63, 08001, Barcelona, Spain

I really enjoyed my time here. Clean, very well located and very good price I am a backpacker myself and I think you get from this hostel more than you need in Barcelona. They even ofer plenty of tours. Recommended

We stayed in the hostel for a total of 2 nights and we were happy we wernt staying any longer. The hostel itself and the staff were ok, but the dirt in the place was horrific. We were on the 3rd floor and the two girls in the room with me would shower downstairs in a private bathroom belonging to someone else because the showers on our floor were actually rotten. The men's shower room was littered with shorts and empty shower gel bottles and just a mess in general. Woudlnt recomment.

• 24th Aug 2014

Found the hostel very disappointing, showers and rooms were dirty and badly equipped. When we arrived the hostel was fully booked and despite booking many months in advance we found we had been moved from a female four bed to a mixed eight bed. Also had to wait until 11.30pm for our bedding.

The center ramblas needs to improve on a variety of reasons. The hostel has a fantastic location but fails to capitalise the strategic advantage by providing poor facilities. The multi bed rooms were crammed with more beds than it could handle. Extremely poor ventilation in such rooms and poor value for money made it a hard stay in Barcelona for us. We stayed for 3 days and couldn't get a hour's sleep as the rooms were too small for 10 or 8 beds and extremely noisy all the time.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • India

It is a good commercial hostel. The location is perfect, just beside the main avenue. The breakfast is good and certainly it is a safe place to stay.

we just slept the 1st night without blankets because they weren't available before 10pm. the wifi didn't work, even at the first floor... Otherwise the hostel was comfortable, well-located near to the Rambla with a nice staff!

• 18th Aug 2014

good position, very near rambla but in my room some guys came back at 7.00 am and they start to scream and shout... there is no control by stuff

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Romania

I appreciated the location and the low price but bathrooms and mainly showers were not clean at all ! Water overflowed of shower base at the end of my shower... and there were old dropped shampoo bottles. Then, i see a cleaning lady in action and she does not even give a look at the showers. Is it normal for a youthhostel where people arrive and leave everyday ? I don't think so. I hope you'll pay attention to this comment because it substracts joy from the stay and it's a pity.

• 10th Aug 2014

I stayed with my wife few nights and we actually like it. First it was economic so we could save some cash for other stuff. Second, facilities are very basic, but it is what you are paying for - bed and a locker. Breakfast was included. We had some problems with the computers, we had to wait almost one hour, since it was many people waiting for 3 computers, but it is still a value added that they had it for free. Alverall it was a good experience and for a budget travellers I would recommend it

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Excellent location, small and dark rooms, very dirty bathrooms! Unfriendly reception people! Lockers and breakfast included!

I liked the location, the Staffs are very friendly, the rooms is good, but was very hot in room and i don't like the bathroom, it was clean but the shower is small and dark. I was 4 floor, the elevator was broke.

It was so big and without much of a central area that it didn't facilitate meeting other travelers. Being on the top floor and without the elevator working was inconvenient. The staff was nice and very helpful, but perhaps overloaded.

The place was reasonable with such a cheap price, the staff took care of my questions all the time, the room is tidy with bed linen provided. And the location was near Las Ramblas and it was easy to find. Just two things to add. When I was there I lived on the 4th floor and the lift was broken, so it was quite exhausting that I needed to carry my luggage over 4 floors. And for the Wifi, it only covers a designated area on the first floor, it doesn't actually cover the whole hostel.

• 8th Aug 2014

Since i arrved very late and left early next morning, i do not have much impression to coment on. Sorry.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Japan

The hostel was okay. Not more or less. The rooms were usually quite clean, but didnt have a personal touch to them at all. Our room had two beds, three lockers, a fan and thats it. No posters, no nothing to make it feel a little more like being at home. The staff was mostly helpful, even though one of them didnt feel like looking for a solution when one was needed urgently. The hostel was in an excellent location, in the middle of the rambla. Would probably not go again.

I will never ever stay here again, nor recommend it to anyone.

• 31st Jul 2014

I think it's worth spending a little more for a nicer hostel in Barcelona. I wouldn't particularly recommend this hostel to a friend.

• 29th Jul 2014

I got only slightly less that expected based on how much I paid for a night at Center Ramblas, obviously a higher rate would entail better facilities. At the same time, when I arrived at noon, the place had still not been cleaned. I went out for the day and when I returned at 7pm the bed sheets were still not available. The building was musty with a smell of chlorine and body odor.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Bit strange that bed linen wasn't provided until quite late into the evening, but the receptionist workiing throughout the night was so friendly and helpful.

• 21st Jul 2014

That was the worst hostel I've stayed ever. The location is really good, but the rest was really terrible.