Center Ramblas Reviews

Carrer Hospital 63, 08001, Barcelona, Spain

The location is great! You can walk to most sights and it is also close to metro station Liceu. I stayed in a 2 bedded room with a female friend in May for 4 nights and we didn't suffer from crowded bathrooms at all. We were quite satisfied and we are not really hostel fans usually :) Only downside was that the wifi wasn't working the last 2 days and the last night was also noisy however we went partying our selves each night so didn't really notice the other nights. So a recommendable hostel!

• 15th May 2014

The included breakfast is terrible. You'll meet a lot of people from all over the world, and you'll be living in the center of the city, if you travel to meet people and party it is a splendid hostel.

• 13th May 2014
  • Denmark

have sign for elevators to be Out of order in night displayed at entrance and reception

• 13th May 2014

Cheap hostel very well situated (city center, subway very close) that could be easily improved. There are only 4 showers per floor (2 for girls and 1 for boys) with lousy curtains. 4 toilets per floor (2 guys, 2 girls) with an automatic light that turn off every 15 seconds. The bathrooms are cleaned once a day but it gets dirty again after an hour. The soundproofing is really bad and if some people decide to party (which is more likely), u have to resign yourself of having a short night.

No internet half of the time, the staff was not friendly, breakfast table was dirty.

This place is cheap, so I wasn't expecting much. I was still disappointed. It's pretty dirty, especially the bathrooms, there were a lot of technical issues with the electricity and with the Internet, which is frustrating. There is no laundry like it says on their website, by the way. But the real problem is the staff attitude. I've never met anyone more rude at a hostel, not sure why you would work at a hostel if you hate helping people so much. ..

First day they didn't have key for my room so I was struggling with going downstairs to the reception every time I needed the key. There was no internet and they didn't know how to fix it, they just say .."may be tomorrow will work". The rooms near to the lift are terrible, it is impossible to sleep. Terrible! but no the worst :P

Got lap top computer stolen while standing at reception. Little sleep with no rules for less noise at any time during night Do not allow you to pay for a future stay at reception No discount for hi members Cleaning and breakfast staff excellent

The staff were completely unhelpful, with no desire to help. Wifi is limited to one section, and there is no ability to print, even paying reception for the privilege is not allowed. Out sourcing all of the group activities prevents a good community from growing, making it feel lifeless. To compound this, the power was out completely on 2 floors one night of my stay, and when the staff were asked about it the reply was, and I quote "do I look like a technician". Location and price save it

Center Ramblas was a good hostel for the money, but overall, I did not feel that it was a good environment for meeting new people. I loved Barcelona as a whole, so staying in a less-than-social hostel did not detract from my experience. However, if a traveler wished to party a lot while in Barcelona, seek another hostel.

the noise outside if you are at front of hostel is over a busy street and extremely noisy- but it is a happy, good natured noise. The breakfast was abysmal, extreme budget range cornflakes, white bread, juice and coffee. For just a little more money, a less grim start to the day could be provided. A lot of people choose hostels so they can eat as cheaply as at home by preparing some of their meals. There were no cooking facilities for the hostellers, just a tiny kitchen for breakfast scene.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • Couple, 41+

This was a very nice hostel, local access to all the attractions. The staff was very warm, helpful, and knowledgeable.

Nice breakfast, very good location, just in the city centre. The only thing to complain is that our room is in front of the street, so it was a bit noisy! A part from that definitely recommend it!!

It was awefully dirty in the bathroom, and and people were smoking weet in the bedroom, the smelling was very disappointing... The breakfast wasn't great at all. But nice location

Angelina, you made this place amazing. I have stayed at this hostel for many years and will always come back to stay here.

Breakfast! and not just a roll and coffee. I went on the Gaudi tour - glad I did. The staff were helpful when I needed help.

Good hostel, in a bit of a dark corner of Ramblas at night though. Good value for your money overall.

• 22nd Apr 2014

I never found the free breakfast. They close the "common-room" (which is equipped just with tables and chairs) at midnight. There is no internet in rooms, just at the reception.

Dear Michal, really sorry that you couldn´t find the free breakfast. Since 10 yers it was always in the dinning room. We closed the dinning room after 24:00 that other guests could have a sleep in the ninght and not listen a party noise frome there. And about the internet, we offer free internet access in the common area, but we find it interesting that some people won´t appreciate it.. Again, really sorry.

It's clean and in an amazing location, but they don't really offer much more than that. They have tours but they're run through an outside company that comes to pick up at the hostel. Overall the location was perfect and I would recommend it for people looking for a big hostel off of las ramblas

everything is excellent.