Center Ramblas Reviews

Carrer Hospital 63, 08001, Barcelona, Spain

1908 Total Reviews

The showers are on a timer, where you have to push the button and it only stays on a few seconds until you have to push it again. The shower I used stayed on for 15 seconds. The rooms were pretty barren and the bunk beds were cheap and positioned in a way that made it quite difficult to get to the top. The lockers were free though, and came with their own lock. There was also free breakfast, even if it wasn't much. All in all, it was a good deal for the price.

I wasn't in the same room as my friend nor was I in a female dorm as I booked and i had to change rooms. I don't understand how a hostel can mess up reservations so badly. They didn't offer any kind of compensation for the incovenience or even really apologise. I've travelled alot and never had a problem like this. Likewise when we were there several people were robbed when there lockers were broken into. Worst hostel I've eve stayed in, only good thing was the location.

• 5th Jun 2015

Some random guy got into my dorm, claiming to be emptying the bins, broke into the LOCKERS and stole from some of the people in my room... poor security... Didn't get put in the same room as my friend despite sending an email months in advance checking we were together, she also got put in a mixed dorm after booking all girls.. then she had to check out after the first night cos her room was booked.... the guy didn't even say sorry it was a case of "all the beds are booked so i have no power"

The hostels in a good location and generally has good facilities. I think we were just unlucky with the night we stayed and the people in our room. It was a very disruptive night, we barely slept, but friendly staff.

The location was wonderful, right down the road from La Rambla and like 5 min walk from the metro. Given the huge night life in Barcelona, the hostel was definitely not quiet so if you are looking for sleep this is not the place to get it. I was also put in a room that shared a wall with the elevator which ran most the night and morning. But the staff was friendly and it was pretty good for the wonderfully cheap price.

Great staff and location. Handy positioning of powerpoints next to each bed. Got pretty hot in the common eating area but that's okay. Great bar crawl and great walking tours.

Liked: - Rooms had lockers for each person - large enough to fit all belongings - Showers were relatively clean and there were enough per floor - Breakfast was decent - milk, coffee, juices, toast, cereal - Location is great - central area to go to the subway and major tourism and restaurants Could improve their cleanliness

We enjoyed our stay at the hostel. The room was lovely and clean. The hostel is in an excellent location.

stayed here for one night it was OK, better than some of the hostels in Barcelona

i spent 4 days in this hostel that is situated really in the middle of the ramblas,in a street full of good places to eat ,a bank,a lot of shops and really close to the "Boqueria" market; the staff of the hostel is very nice,young,sociable and they all speak very good english. The only problem of this hostel is the dirtiness but in a spanish hostel i think this is the average.Also the free breakfast is very bad,but if you wanto to save money...

• 27th May 2015

Difficult to sleep when lift was working. Rooms get very hot/humid.

• 26th May 2015
  • Belgium

It was OK for the price the breakfast was good for he price u are paying it could be cleaner and it does get pretty hot in the rooms but it's in a prime location and at a good price!

I was not impressed that I had to pay two euros to leave my backpack at the hostel for the day and also the wifi did not work in the room but overall it was a good hostel.

Quite noisy at night. However it was great value for money. Breakfast was good.

Need to improve kitchen facility.

• 22nd May 2015
  • India

Our check in was at 2 pm but the room was still occupied. There was ugly smell on the corridors. Bad breackfast and roaches!

Good location, good facilities, friendly staff, breakfast included. Wi-to didn't work in my room. The place seems dangerous as the location of Ramblas is a known point of drugs and pickpockets. Take care of your belongings and you will be fine, as the criminals are not violents, but they're always waiting for an opportunity to steal.

Great place, but pretty loud. Awesome place to meet new people

We loved this hostel. Good position close to the Ramblas and nice atmosphere. We also had the breakfast there and it was good!

Location is the best part, it is very central and you can find almost everything nearby (shops, restaurants, pubs, public transport). But toilet was poor, and cleanliness was average.