Center Valencia Youth Hostel Reviews

Samaniego, 18, Valencia, Spain

2012 Total Reviews

Bed linens were missing a case for blanket. What freaked me out is that toilets are not separate for girls and boys. Shower rooms are very uncomfortable, the was no place to put my staff and nothing but single hook at the wall to hang all clothes and towel. Breakfast is very basic, but there is kitchen with possibility to store supermarket food and cook. The good is that Staff is friendly and helpful and location is in a beautiful place (though I did not figure ou how to get there by public t.

You get what you pay for. My shower blocked up on me. But i had the best night sleep ive ever had in this hostel. I KNOW!!

This hostel is only great for location. It is minutes away from main plazas of Valencia and bus/tram stops. I stayed in a 12 person mixed room and hated it. The room is way to small and there was only ONE BATHROOM for all of us and it was DISGUSTING. No one cleaned it over the course of my 3 day stay. Breakfast was nothing special. Staff wasn't very friendly. Just felt really cramped in this hostel overall. If you are looking for a super cheap place to stay then book this place.

• 17th Apr 2015

Valencia is a beautiful city from medieval to super modern. Nice beach too. Hostel in good position near affordable restaurants and train station. Enjoyed it most in Spain

Stayed for las fallas the hostel was in a perfect spot for all of the events and it was super easy to meet people the walking tour and pub crawl were both really good as well

Perfect place to stay for Las Fallas. Really nice staff, very comfortable. Highly recommend.

• 15th Mar 2015

Great hostel! Clean, nice kitchen, nice

The hostel was in a great location and I could walk to almost anywhere easily. There was a lot of hang out space and I was able to meet a lot of people. There is also a nice roof terrace where we sat out and had some wine. The staff was helpful when I asked advice about how to get to another destination. The breakfast was average but it was free so that was nice.

Good hostel right in the historic centre of the city, 2 mins away of the historic places of Valencia

Very unimpressed with this HI hostel. The room was dank, the shower was teeny and unclean, no soap to wash your hands, the wifi was nonexistent anywhere above the main floor, and there was no atmosphere! We were hoping there'd be something for New Year's Eve but nothing was organized. The breakfast was bread and was never replenished. We saw bowls at the breakfast buffet but there was never any hint of cereal. Don't stay here...go stay at Home hostel instead!

The bathrooms were always extremely filthy. Impossible to use them

• 30th Dec 2014
  • India

The toilet flush in our room was broken, they fixed it in the following day, but then there wasn't toilet paper. And all the bathrooms and toilets smell really bad, maybe because they are old and need some renewal. The staff is not very nice compared to other hostels.

Advantages: Excellent location, safe place, huge lobby/eating place to hang out with other guests, cheap. Disadvantages: Small rooms, poor breakfast.

the room is a bit small for 4 people

Our washroom was pretty gross. The ceiling was molding, the shower was unusable. Our bedroom door was so creaky it was impossible to sleep if anyone walked in. The staff was great but it did not make up for the boring atmosphere. What youth hostel prohibits alcohol? The only thing that made it okay was the great pub crawl!

Thanks for your review. We do apologize if the shower / bathroom was not up to standard, we are currently looking into this issue. The hostel gets a freshening up (painting, etc) around the beginning of the year. Regarding alcohol, as in most hostels it is not allowed to drink or eat in the rooms (these conditions can be checked beforehand). We are glad you enjoyed the pubcrawl though and we do hope you enjoyed your stay in Valencia. Regards.

The common area is not really nice to meet hang out or meet people. In summer the terrace must be a lot better for that though.

Good location and decently nice hostel. Biggest annoyance was that the beds in my room werent even beds at all, but giant foam pads. I slept poorly both nights. Breakfast really wasn't much either.

Our 6-person dorm was perfect for our group. There was plenty of space for us (except the ensuite bathroom was tiny, but it was private and clean, so that was good) and the lockers for our stuff were huge. The hostel is in an awesome location very close to the Cathedral and some cool bars. The free breakfast was bad--just toast and cereal and they ran out of things like milk and plates--but the hostel was really affordable, so we didn't mind going somewhere else for breakfast.

It's 9 Euros per night, so how can I complain? From the previous reviews, it is true that the room is really really small for 6 beds, breakfast is not great, but it's free. Just don't drink anything from their machines.All dirnks is really watered down. If you want milk, just get a liter on your own. For the positives.Great location, great value for the money, huge lockers in the room, kitchen was great, and friendly staff. However, please be patient when checking in. Good value for money.

It's one of the cheapest hostels in Valencia. You get what you pay for. Small rooms, very basic breakfast, etc... but everything that is there is okay.