Center Valencia Youth Hostel Reviews

Samaniego, 18, Valencia, Spain

2090 Total Reviews

The location was great as it was right by the Plaza del Vergens. However, it is relatively far from the train or bus station. As for facilities, request for a bottom bunk if you are doing a shared dorm. I had a top bunk bed and I was placed right by the air conditioner vent. I was so cold that I needed extra blankets at night in a 20 degree summer evening. I was also disappointed by how unkept the ensuite bathrooms were as my shower didn't drain properly!

shower room is narrow and small

Dirty, no plastic on the beds, to many bed in small rooms, terrible breakfast

The matresses have a terry cloth cover, not plastic (it gets hot at night). This cover is changed regularly or on request. You get bedsheets for free. The free courtesy breakfast is basic and optional. Request staff to check cleaning if not satisfied. Regards

The bathroom to guests ratio is too low meaning they end up becoming rather unclean, along with toilets not flushing properly all the time. There also wasn't always soap for washing hands in the bathrooms. The dormitory rooms are also very small meaning that when it is completely full it was a bit uncomfortable to move around and get stuff sorted.

Great location and good breakfast.

We arrived at 1.30 and was told to Wait until 2 o clock to get or room. They forgot About us even though we asked them About the room several times. Every time They told us to Wait. We waited for 3 and a Half hours before They had our room ready. We experienced really rude and unfriendly staff. My cousin got her wallet stolen in the common room at the hostel and when we told the receptionist, she acted like she couldn't be bothered even though my cousin had the wallet when we payed.

We apologize for the inconvenience, normally rooms are available from 14:00 , but check-in schedule is actually from 16:00 and on. We insist on guests taking care of personal items, but the staff cannot do more than take note of situation and help you contacting police if requested.

No air con in rooms ,horrible in the middle of summer. apart from that the hostel was cool

I thought the staff were very friendly and helpful. Good clean hostel with good facilities, good location. I thought the ladies at desk were very good as was the man from Cuba. I found this to be a good hostel. They also do a laundry service. I would stay here again. Theres a cafe further down which is good value for breakfast.

Thanks for writing a review for our hostel. Welcome back anytime!!

The hostel is alright for 1-2 nights because it's location is very good. However the room was boiling hot all the time even though there was supposed to be air conditioning. In addition, it's more a hostel to sleep in but not to get to know a lot of people do to missing common rooms Rather than the kitchen.

Thanks for the review. There has been an issue with AC in rooms, now repaired. Did you get to see our terrace? there are also free walking tours everyday as well as other activities. Staff would help you with any questions.

The staff was completely unwilling to help. I witnessed multiple times where the staff would roll their eyes or express exhaustion over the simplest of questions such as "may I have another map." Over my three day stay I never got a towel because every day they ran out. When I complained, the guy at the desk simply said they were full--definitely not an excuse to not have proper supply. Cleanliness is unsanitary they would never pass an inspection.

• 26th Jun 2015

We do apologize if you felt our staff haven't done enough. We understand you have not been satisfied by our service. We are checking the issues regarding towels, as the laundry is an external service. Regarding cleaning, all areas are done daily and if baths/ rooms have an issue, request our staff to check. All sanitary inspections are passed and installations are visited regularly by inspectors.

The "AC" is warm air, the rooms are miniature and all the people packed in makes it almost impossible to breathe, and there was literally no cold water, not even warm water really, you could only get scorching hot water. The front desk was not helpful at all and there was no social aspect to the place.

• 26th Jun 2015

Hello We apologize for the incovenience, there have been some issues regarding the AC, which have been solved. Regrading the hot water/ pressure, it has also been corrected. Regards

This place was great, a bit of a walk from the train station but near the city center! Make sure to take advantage of all the activities that have available!

I cannot I would recommend this hostel to anyone, I had a really good time there. Thanks!

Great location, was clean and one of the only hostels in Valencia with free breakfast (even though it was very basic). The rooftop was really cool, but it didn't have the craziest atmosphere (i may have been there on a dull day) and they shut the rooftop when they leave for the pub crawl but as we didn't go we were stuck hanging out in the kitchen. Overall a nice quick stopover.

We had an okay stay at Valencia youth hostel. Don't try to arrive early because it is impossible to check in early. The staff was bland and didn't go out of there way to help you. Breakfast sucked, only toast, apples and cereal with no milk. Rooms were fine basic...however great location. Would consider staying again only if options were limited...

Thanks for your review. Check-in is earliest after 14:00 as stated in most places. We have a luggage room (free), so you can leave your things until the room is available. For early check-in you must book an extra night. Our free courtesy breakfast is optional. Kitchen is free to use with your own food. Regards.

Nice recepcionists! Amazing location and roothtop. I've met some nice people there. Just felt like the room and bathroom was not proper cleaned. They take 5 min to clean :/ Besides that it was great!

I had an ok time at this hostel, plus it was cheap! There are free walking tours every day that are worth doing to get a feel for the city. I was hoping the staff would be a little more excited and involved, but that was not the case. Not the best place for meeting others, it feels kind of closed off.

Excellent.I got my money worth.

Hostel was amazing, in a really good location but the sheets were given to me dirty and also a dirty bed. But other than that it was cheap and in a great location! Easy to get to the beach too!

Very nice hostel