Center Valencia Youth Hostel Reviews

Samaniego, 18, Valencia, Spain

Lovely and very helpful staff, would be better if the roof terrace was open later :)

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Great city hostel. Everything you can want in a fantastic location. Reception staff were knowledgable and friendly and rooms were clean with fresh sheets available whenever you wanted. My only bugbear would be one of the crawl supervisors/walking tour guide. The boy was well meaning but a bit of a know it all and seemed to use every opportunity to slag off Catalonians. Nobodies interested in your small minded prejudice mate, jog on! His walking tour was pretty poor too. Great hostel though.

negative: noisy rooms, broken toilet, dirty bed sheets, poor breakfast (toast, jam, just hot milk and cerials), the coffee maschine was broken down positibve: location in the old town

There was no hot water in the showers. The rooms were dirty and uncomfortable. The only good thing was the location. I wouldn't recommend it.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

Bathrooms need to be renovated

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Slovenia

Awesome location, really close to cathedral and about 15 minutes walking distance to the train station. Staff was nice. Price 9,90 per night in a 6-bedroom is unbeatable but the room was so small, opening the door with was possible but calculated to the last centimeter. No space to open the luggage on the floor but every bed had their own lockable cupboard that fit a carry-on luggage. Sadly, I missed the free breakfast (from 8-10am). The pub-crawl to the beach bars was awesome!

Absolutely loved this hostel!! Great central location as well as being close to buses which made it really easy to get around. Staff were really helpful and nice. Had a fun social atmosphere was easy to meet people. Quite clean and very safe! Would highly recommend!!

The only thing was that the space is a little bit reduce, for showers, dorms and toilets. But everything else is an exc hostel with great location!

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Costa Rica

Great location, staff and hostel in general. The air conditioning was almost freezing the room at night though, and apparently not just in our room. But apart from that; nothing but praise!

Our room was not cleaned in any way during our 4 night stay, and more than once we woke up to find that we had no water in our shower or our taps.

Overal extremely pleased with our stay here. So clean and so convenient. The staff were friendly and helpful and Valencia was beautiful!

The location was great as it was right by the Plaza del Vergens. However, it is relatively far from the train or bus station. As for facilities, request for a bottom bunk if you are doing a shared dorm. I had a top bunk bed and I was placed right by the air conditioner vent. I was so cold that I needed extra blankets at night in a 20 degree summer evening. I was also disappointed by how unkept the ensuite bathrooms were as my shower didn't drain properly!

Thank you for the review. Please inform of any issues regarding the dorm or bath, so they can be addressed as soon as possible. Greetings.

The toilets and showers were dirty, the rooms were really small and the kitchen was tiny.

When we arrived we wer designated specific beds so left our items there for the day. When we got back that evening my bed had been taken by someone else. We informed reception and I moved. The next day one of the cleaners stripped my bed and chucked everything aside because they had a miscommunication with the staff about which beds were in use. Frustrating and no apology was made. One of the lockers didn't work so we had to share one and they aren't that big. Aircon in rooms and wifi plus point

Thanks for the review. We do apologize for the incident during your stay. Kind regards.

shower room is narrow and small

Dirty, no plastic on the beds, to many bed in small rooms, terrible breakfast

The matresses have a terry cloth cover, not plastic (it gets hot at night). This cover is changed regularly or on request. You get bedsheets for free. The free courtesy breakfast is basic and optional. Request staff to check cleaning if not satisfied. Regards

The bathroom to guests ratio is too low meaning they end up becoming rather unclean, along with toilets not flushing properly all the time. There also wasn't always soap for washing hands in the bathrooms. The dormitory rooms are also very small meaning that when it is completely full it was a bit uncomfortable to move around and get stuff sorted.

Although the given directions to the hostel were practically useless, once we finally found the place from the train station, it was in a really nice location and felt very safe and peaceful. the rooms were lovely and clean and air con even worked!! breakfast in the morning was okay, nothing special, but all in all was a lovely hostel in a really lovely area with a surprisingly good night life!!

Great location and good breakfast.

We arrived at 1.30 and was told to Wait until 2 o clock to get or room. They forgot About us even though we asked them About the room several times. Every time They told us to Wait. We waited for 3 and a Half hours before They had our room ready. We experienced really rude and unfriendly staff. My cousin got her wallet stolen in the common room at the hostel and when we told the receptionist, she acted like she couldn't be bothered even though my cousin had the wallet when we payed.

We apologize for the inconvenience, normally rooms are available from 14:00 , but check-in schedule is actually from 16:00 and on. We insist on guests taking care of personal items, but the staff cannot do more than take note of situation and help you contacting police if requested.

« first « Prev 1 2 3