Center Valencia Youth Hostel Reviews

Samaniego, 18, Valencia, Spain

1940 Total Reviews

location and staffs are good but rooms are little for example in the 6 bed dormitory even you cant find a place just stand and espacially in the summer it will be so hot

This was a great little hostel right next to one of the main plazas in Valencia. I definitely enjoyed staying here. It was really easy to get around in the old city and taxis weren't too expensive when it came to getting around.

Great hostel! Easy place to meet people at the roof top bar and then go out on their crazy pub crawl from what I can remember. Don't miss the walking tours! Totally recommended.

It would be nice if there was a kettle in the kitchen so you can make tea at any moment of the day.

• 18th Aug 2014

Great hostel. The best part is actually the roof top terrace -- really great environment to hang out at the end of the day and meet other travelers. My only complaint is the breakfast which was pretty chaotic, although I think this was because I was at the hostel during an unusually busy time. I would have to get to breakfast extra early or food would run out. No milk for the cereal... Maybe a sign telling people to take 3 pieces of bread at most would be good, as I saw some people take 5..

bathroom is small and the shower was on halfway of breaking. neighborhood was little noisy until night. but other things were all good. safe place, clean room, and nice staff.

Staff cannot speak very good English. But they are helpful. It's a quite place, very good sunshine and good degrees of the AC. But the room is very small.

The hostel is located just in the center of Valencia, within a few minutes from all the major attractions. The atmosphere is great as ou can find people from all over the world willing to party hard. About the rooms, the mattresses are comfortable and there is air condition, wich is great in summer. The only negative point is that the rooms are so small that there is almost no space to move. The toilets are too small as well, and get crowded easily. I would come back to this hostel.

It's a nice hostel but I had too much problems. The room didn't have cold water which is a big problem in a summer with the heat of Valencia. It was very noisy. You listen everything that happens in the street. The breakfast is awful and not very organized. The atmosphere is not very good. There are a lot of people in the hostel and nobody get together. It was not very friendly. In the other hand, the location is perfect. It's a few steps from Plaza de la Virgen that is incredibly magical.

We are very sorry, that we didn't cover your expectations. Regarding the breakfast we have to say, that in relation to the price you pay, we try to offer you a basic breakfast for free. The organisation of this moment has to be a good cooperation from our side and all guests. We are suprised that you mentioned that nobody gets together. As you can see in other comments, our roof top terrace is the perfect meeting point for all guests of the hostel and they enjoy to meet other guests there.

Very good place in the center o Valencia....

Thank you for your opinion. Sunny regards from Valencia.

The rooms are way too small, if you have large luggage, you better choose another place to stay

It was my first time staying in a hostel. Me and a friends came to spend the weekend in Valencia as we both live in Spain. As well as enjoying the fantastic city, the hostel was great. Staff were hard working, the beds were so comfy! The breakfast was pretty standard but as its included in the price of the room can't complain really :) over all was amazing. They should keep the roof terrace open till at least 11pm!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Wales

Many thanks for sharing your opinion. Regarding the opening hours of the terrace: We would love to open the terrace longer, but then we will have serious problems with the neighbourhood ;-) Hope to see you back some time in the future.

The hostel was very nice, the beds were comfortable. The sheets didn't look as clean as they could have been. The shower didn't always have hot water, so beware the post party shower, it won't be friendly. The staff were very kind and helpful. The pub crawl was okay, most of the free shots were very watered down and you have to pay for your own cab to and from the club. The atmosphere was nice, it's very easy to meet people and make friends, especially on the great terrace!

Kitchen is tiny, so it's difficult when a lot of people want to cook at the same time. No kettle and the stove top would turn its self off all the time as it got too hot, taking forever for us to cook our food. Staff weren't that helpful.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We know that sometimes the kitchen is too small for all the guests, specially when all want to use it at the same time. In that case it is also difficult for the staff to find the right solution for the problem. Hope you enjoy your stay apart from this. Sunny regards.

Everything was good exept the floor in my room was dirty my hole stay for a week....

absolutely devine people I loved the staff and the owner very friendly and helpful and hardworking really admired them. Best location, very cheap and best of all free breakfast, its hard to find cheap accommodation within the best location and free breakfast. I had a beautiful stay

• 21st Jul 2014

Great location, and very friendly staff on reception

• 21st Jul 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with all of us. Sunny regards.

Very nice centrally located hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and they organized some great walking tours.

The rooms get really hot but if you talk to the recptiob they xab turn on the AC. Breakfast could do with sone fresh milk and not the hot stuff out of the coffee machine. Easy to meet ither travellers and the walking tour and pub crawl that use the hostel are really great. I would definetly stay here whe. Im back ne xt summer

I was going to arrive in Valencia at 4am. I emailed the hostel asking if I could have an early check in and they said no problem. When I arrived at 4am the night manager told me no beds had been set aside for me and my friend. He didn't make any effort to problem solve and half expected us to just hang out on the streets of Valencia until check in time. We ended up sleeping on the couches in the lobby until the day manager arrived and made some effort to get beds ready. Would not recommend.