Center Valencia Youth Hostel Reviews

Samaniego, 18, Valencia, Spain

1958 Total Reviews

This place is amazing! I was on the roof top terrace meeting new people and went out with the pub crawl, it was so funny! All the staff was very helpful and friendly. The hostel's location is absolutely perfect, in the very center of Valencia so everything is near by. In the morning they give you breakfast for free!! I strongly recommend it

Many thanks for sharing your opinion here and for enjoying your stay with us. Hope to see you back here again some time in the future. Sunny regards.

This hostel is in a great location right near the main square and cathedral. Kitchen is small but adequate. Not very social while I was there but that might have been because it was right after the tomatillo festival. The only thing that wasn't good was the bathroom in the room, I would have prefer to not have had the ensuite because it was so gross. Always wet and dirty. Ended up using the bathrooms in the hall and showers on other floors.

I was in a very tiny 6 bed dorm that really should have had only 2 bunk beds instead of 3, I could hardly get in the room with my backpack and when 4 of us were trying to pack up and leave one morning there is just no room to move around. the shower was way too hot on the coldest temperature, I couldnt even get under the water just had to splash myself or I would have burnt. The staff were nice.

They did'nt clean the bathroom or the floor. Breakfast was for free but awefull!

Rooms are very small and fitted with more beds than a room could hold. I reckon the rooms would not pass prison cell dimensions. The bathrooms on every floor are not enough for the rooms. They are also dirty.

Wifi and location were good but that is about the only thing. Six bed rooms were so small with no space. Had three people leave hostel as there was such little space. Airconditioning in the rooms did not work. Showers were dirty. Staff were extremely unhelpful. Would not recommend staying here.

cheap but good value for money

location and staffs are good but rooms are little for example in the 6 bed dormitory even you cant find a place just stand and espacially in the summer it will be so hot

This was a great little hostel right next to one of the main plazas in Valencia. I definitely enjoyed staying here. It was really easy to get around in the old city and taxis weren't too expensive when it came to getting around.

Great hostel! Easy place to meet people at the roof top bar and then go out on their crazy pub crawl from what I can remember. Don't miss the walking tours! Totally recommended.

It would be nice if there was a kettle in the kitchen so you can make tea at any moment of the day.

• 18th Aug 2014

Great hostel. The best part is actually the roof top terrace -- really great environment to hang out at the end of the day and meet other travelers. My only complaint is the breakfast which was pretty chaotic, although I think this was because I was at the hostel during an unusually busy time. I would have to get to breakfast extra early or food would run out. No milk for the cereal... Maybe a sign telling people to take 3 pieces of bread at most would be good, as I saw some people take 5..

bathroom is small and the shower was on halfway of breaking. neighborhood was little noisy until night. but other things were all good. safe place, clean room, and nice staff.

Staff cannot speak very good English. But they are helpful. It's a quite place, very good sunshine and good degrees of the AC. But the room is very small.

The hostel is located just in the center of Valencia, within a few minutes from all the major attractions. The atmosphere is great as ou can find people from all over the world willing to party hard. About the rooms, the mattresses are comfortable and there is air condition, wich is great in summer. The only negative point is that the rooms are so small that there is almost no space to move. The toilets are too small as well, and get crowded easily. I would come back to this hostel.

It's a nice hostel but I had too much problems. The room didn't have cold water which is a big problem in a summer with the heat of Valencia. It was very noisy. You listen everything that happens in the street. The breakfast is awful and not very organized. The atmosphere is not very good. There are a lot of people in the hostel and nobody get together. It was not very friendly. In the other hand, the location is perfect. It's a few steps from Plaza de la Virgen that is incredibly magical.

We are very sorry, that we didn't cover your expectations. Regarding the breakfast we have to say, that in relation to the price you pay, we try to offer you a basic breakfast for free. The organisation of this moment has to be a good cooperation from our side and all guests. We are suprised that you mentioned that nobody gets together. As you can see in other comments, our roof top terrace is the perfect meeting point for all guests of the hostel and they enjoy to meet other guests there.

Very good place in the center o Valencia....

Thank you for your opinion. Sunny regards from Valencia.

The rooms are way too small, if you have large luggage, you better choose another place to stay

It was my first time staying in a hostel. Me and a friends came to spend the weekend in Valencia as we both live in Spain. As well as enjoying the fantastic city, the hostel was great. Staff were hard working, the beds were so comfy! The breakfast was pretty standard but as its included in the price of the room can't complain really :) over all was amazing. They should keep the roof terrace open till at least 11pm!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Wales

Many thanks for sharing your opinion. Regarding the opening hours of the terrace: We would love to open the terrace longer, but then we will have serious problems with the neighbourhood ;-) Hope to see you back some time in the future.

The hostel was very nice, the beds were comfortable. The sheets didn't look as clean as they could have been. The shower didn't always have hot water, so beware the post party shower, it won't be friendly. The staff were very kind and helpful. The pub crawl was okay, most of the free shots were very watered down and you have to pay for your own cab to and from the club. The atmosphere was nice, it's very easy to meet people and make friends, especially on the great terrace!