Center Valencia Youth Hostel Reviews

Samaniego, 18, Valencia, Spain

This is the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms are so tiny you can't put your stuff anywhere, and the top bunk sits very close to the roof. I didn't get a chance to sleep as when I arrived back at 4am after a night out there was someone in my bed. I went downstairs to tell the receptionist who didn't seem to believe me. I only booked here for 1 night as I couldn't stay at my other hostel that night due to it being booked out, i had to get a taxi to a friends to sleep there. TERRIBLE!

We do apologize, but the receptionist did offer to solve it and you did not want to "wake up" the rest of the guests in the room. Sorry about the inconvenience, but we offered a solution which you did not accept.

The worst pub crawl ever!

• 24th Sep 2015

It's a good place to stay for exploring the Valencia, and the night-shift staff is especially helpful!!! Buen Hostel!!!

The rooms were very dingy and smelly so were the lockers so I didn't keep any of my stuff in there. They provide breakfast which is really good for the price you pay. The location is decent. I wasn't there for too long because I couldn't leave me stuff in that smell so I checked out immediately next morning. They really need to do something about the cleanliness. Besides that I think everything was fine.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • oshinpereira
  • India

All rooms are cleaned daily once, or more if requested. Unfortunately, the old part of Valencia sometimes smell, caused by no rain and ancient sewage systems. We are sorry for this inconvenience, and you can ask our staff to check bathrooms at anytime. If the lockers are not clean, please tell so at the front dask.

Sadly, my stay was very disappointing. To start, the rooms are quite dirty, particularly the toilets, but also the beds. However, to make matters worse, when I returned to the room on my second night someone was asleep in my bed and all my things removed from the room. After first accusing me of stealing someone's bed, the receptionist realized the fault was theirs, and gave me my things which had been thrown into a plastic bag and sheets, and told me to go make another bed. Extremely upsetting

• 18th Sep 2015

WE are very sorry for the inconvenience and would like to apologize. We have checked the assignment process to see it does not happen again.

Hostel was located really close to the main attractions and was tucked away behind the busy tourist areas, which was good when you wanted to come back and chill out for the afternoon. The rooftop lounge area was excellent. Bathrooms were clean, but it was a bit hot and stuffy during the night.

Location, staff, cleanliness, atmosphere - everything wasperfect! Our 6 beded room was small and it was really hot at night, but still it wasn't a problem. I really enjoyed staying in this hostel! I was surprised and didn't expected this place to be as good as it was! Grasias!

The room had not been cleaned before we checked in. We asked for the room to be cleaned on our second day and it wasn't. The room had a foul smell as soon as we walked in and when the aircon was turned on, it also smelt. The positive was the location as it was extremely close to old town.

We do apologize. The rooms are cleaned daily, but being a shared dorm it may become dirty quick (sand etc). Sometimes, in summer, because of it not raining and an ancient sewage system in the old part of the city , the baths smell. Letting the water run solves it.

Good hostel for one night stay, clean and safe place however wifi is not working in all rooms and the quality is poor. Very friendly and helpful staff, they organised cool evening with local food. Although beds were uncomfortable.

extremely overpriced for its value. cleaning staff was horribly rude, follows patrons around like they are children and nagging.air conditioner was very weak, hot in lobby and rooms. cockroaches in the bathroom (Valencia has huge roaches) and I was left covered in bug bites every morning. definitely will not stay here next time. no WiFi in the room, slow and almost no WiFi in the lobby. computers are super outdated and slow. only plus side was some of the staff were nice

You stayed on a national holiday in high season, which explains the price. If you suffered from bed bugs, you told the staff to sanitise the room. Bugs are brought in by customers, and as soon as they are detected we sanitise the room. And we have regular checks.

Hostel is in a great location. Easy access to centre of everything but also in a nice, quiet area. Not a lot of outlets in the rooms and the lockers and rooms are SUPER small. Wish there was a better common space to hang out and meet new people.

Beds were comfy and the lockers were free. Front staff are extremely helpful, especially Fabio and Lidia. Terrace was nice and has a fridge to keep your drinks cold. Lots of activities to do and great recommendations for stuff to do/eat. Wifi was a little spotty and there was an issue with the water on the day of the tomatina but that could be because 100 people were trying to take showers at once. Overall I would recommend this hostel.

Lovely and very helpful staff, would be better if the roof terrace was open later :)

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Great location and nice people but the wifi wasn't good and our shower was taped to the wall.

My biggest issues was the kitchen being very small and the staff being rude. One guy told me to just google it. A girl rolled her eyes at me. But other than that the set up is nice. I loved the terrace. My room was spacious and bed comfy. Great location! Pub crawl was fun. Breakfast was decent.

Had a fantastic stay here. Staff were friendly and even kind enough to do a special washing load for me as my luggage had been lost for a week and was drenched from rain. The tour of the waterfalls was fantastic and very informative. Located in mix of the Turkish area there was plenty to see and do! The bar was also a wonderful area to meet others and Have some laughs.

The hostel is on a perfect location. Free breakfast is very nice thing..

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Croatia

Nice, clean and cheap hostel :)

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Great city hostel. Everything you can want in a fantastic location. Reception staff were knowledgable and friendly and rooms were clean with fresh sheets available whenever you wanted. My only bugbear would be one of the crawl supervisors/walking tour guide. The boy was well meaning but a bit of a know it all and seemed to use every opportunity to slag off Catalonians. Nobodies interested in your small minded prejudice mate, jog on! His walking tour was pretty poor too. Great hostel though.

negative: noisy rooms, broken toilet, dirty bed sheets, poor breakfast (toast, jam, just hot milk and cerials), the coffee maschine was broken down positibve: location in the old town

Sorry about your experience. Laundry company has been changed. The breakfast is a free courtesy, you can also prepare your own or go to any of the fabulous bars just outside.