Centerpoint Hostel Reviews

179/16 Moo 7, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

I had really bad bed bugs here, I left with at least 50 bites all over my body, it was horrible. To be fair, once I'd reported them they did clear out the whole room abut we left that day so it didn't really help my situation.

2 toilets for all the dorms... Other than that, good place!

Nothing special. Only a small lock box to secure your stuff. Across from a bar and can be noisy depending on your room. Reception is not 24/7

Good location in the centre of the streets of Phi Phi

Extremely loud at night as a crowded bar locating right next to the hostel.

worst hostel ever! We stayed in a four-bed dorm an tried to spend most of our time out of it because of the terrible smell coming from the bathroom. I am not picky in budget accomodation but this was terrible! sheets were very dirty and sticky. The staff would enter to your room without even knocking the door to turn on the aircon that is only available from 6 pm to 11 am. The noise in the night was so bad even for young people! for sure you can find better places for same price

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Ecuador

Terrible hostel. Bathroom are really dirty and smell terrible. Just cold water on the shower. Doesnt look like hostel, its more a place to sleep only. I do not recommend.

There's only one bathroom and that one is in the lobby! So you can brush your teeth while everybody's watching. No toilet paper. No shoes allowed in the bathroom. Loud at night (until 2 am) because of the bar next door. I moved after one night! If you can afford it take a private room somewhere else (the further you move away from that place the more quiet it gets ;-)) available from 600 Baht! Much better! Or if you really want to party

The staff were not friendly upon arrival, it seemed a massive issue to ask to have the air con on so we didn't dare to ask to turn it off. There is only 1 bathroom for all guests unless you have the ensuit room. Which I was directed to at one point, so if you do have this room expect other guests to use it. You were give a key to get into the building but the door on your dormitory was not able to lock. The location of the hostel is opposite Banana bar so it is good but I wouldn't stay again

friendly staff, is hard to find after description, nice hostel

Good location. Beds ok, no real meeting point to mix.

They major problems I had with this hostel were as follows: 1. The staff keep the AC remote and come in every morning at 11am and turn of the AC they don't turn it on again until 6pm. There is no fan in the room so it turns into a sweat box FAST! 2. The SINGLE shower and toilet for the two 6 bed dorms is down stairs in the hangout room. 3. I got eaten by bed bugs and I know it was at this place because they were so big after feeding on me I could see them and squashed about 8 or 9 huge ones.

The hostel is ok if you gonna spent 1 or 2 nights. My first night there was really bad, because the ac didn't work, so it was really hot to sleep upstairs in a upper bed.

Very basic hostel. There is aircon that is meant to be on overnight but it wasn't even on for most of the night. The security is really bad, you can't lock the dorm, a guy who wasn't even staying in the hostel followed me into my dorm after a night out. Lockers big enough for your valuables available in reception. Overall it's fine for the price you pay.

This is one of the strangest hostels I have stayed in for how it is set up. Firstly our room had a glass door so people could see in at all times, we were also unable to lock this door or even close it properly. The only shower & toilet facility was in reception, so you literally opened a door to the toilet/shower right where everyone was checking in and waiting and the sink to brush your teeth was in the actual reception so very little privacy to do anything.

It's a very good place if you don't count the bathroom situation. The beds are comfy and the air conditioner in the room is a super plus!

• 28th Oct 2014

Nice place to stay for a couple of nights, the damp smell is sickening though, but it's cheap so can't complain to much, stay here if you are going for the party! :)

Ohh what to say about this hostel . . . Dont have enough bathroom to tho guest so always you have to wait . The room smell really bad , first I thought where the two canadians but then realize was something wrong there . The staff during the day is really bad , dont speack inglish and they dont care to help you . No plug at the upper beds . The sheets are old as well the hostel is without care . The owner is a good girl knew in the bussines . Think she is going to do better in the future .

The staff were friendly, helpful, and as accommodating as possible. The dorms were more spacious than most of the other hostels at the same price. There is a new bar next door with live music, which can go until pretty late, so if you want a good night's rest, this is probably not the best place to stay, although there aren't many places on the island that are quiet. The 6-person dorm is quieter than the 4-person because of the direction it faces. It was decent value and I enjoyed my stay.

I stayed in a hostel in Ao Nang called Slumber Party for the exact price at 200 baht a night and it is miles ahead of this hostel in terms of value for money. The Centerpoint is based right in the heart of the Phi Phi nightlife, next to a bar with a singing band, meaning if you fancy a quiet one, you are not in luck. The bunk beds are smelly, sweaty and rock hard, whilst the hot water in the showers are non existent.