Centerpoint Hostel Reviews

179/16 Moo 7, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

There's only one bathroom and that one is in the lobby! So you can brush your teeth while everybody's watching. No toilet paper. No shoes allowed in the bathroom. Loud at night (until 2 am) because of the bar next door. I moved after one night! If you can afford it take a private room somewhere else (the further you move away from that place the more quiet it gets ;-)) available from 600 Baht! Much better! Or if you really want to party

The staff were not friendly upon arrival, it seemed a massive issue to ask to have the air con on so we didn't dare to ask to turn it off. There is only 1 bathroom for all guests unless you have the ensuit room. Which I was directed to at one point, so if you do have this room expect other guests to use it. You were give a key to get into the building but the door on your dormitory was not able to lock. The location of the hostel is opposite Banana bar so it is good but I wouldn't stay again

friendly staff, is hard to find after description, nice hostel

Good location. Beds ok, no real meeting point to mix.

They major problems I had with this hostel were as follows: 1. The staff keep the AC remote and come in every morning at 11am and turn of the AC they don't turn it on again until 6pm. There is no fan in the room so it turns into a sweat box FAST! 2. The SINGLE shower and toilet for the two 6 bed dorms is down stairs in the hangout room. 3. I got eaten by bed bugs and I know it was at this place because they were so big after feeding on me I could see them and squashed about 8 or 9 huge ones.

The hostel is ok if you gonna spent 1 or 2 nights. My first night there was really bad, because the ac didn't work, so it was really hot to sleep upstairs in a upper bed.

Very basic hostel. There is aircon that is meant to be on overnight but it wasn't even on for most of the night. The security is really bad, you can't lock the dorm, a guy who wasn't even staying in the hostel followed me into my dorm after a night out. Lockers big enough for your valuables available in reception. Overall it's fine for the price you pay.

This is one of the strangest hostels I have stayed in for how it is set up. Firstly our room had a glass door so people could see in at all times, we were also unable to lock this door or even close it properly. The only shower & toilet facility was in reception, so you literally opened a door to the toilet/shower right where everyone was checking in and waiting and the sink to brush your teeth was in the actual reception so very little privacy to do anything.

It's a very good place if you don't count the bathroom situation. The beds are comfy and the air conditioner in the room is a super plus!

• 28th Oct 2014

Nice place to stay for a couple of nights, the damp smell is sickening though, but it's cheap so can't complain to much, stay here if you are going for the party! :)

Ohh what to say about this hostel . . . Dont have enough bathroom to tho guest so always you have to wait . The room smell really bad , first I thought where the two canadians but then realize was something wrong there . The staff during the day is really bad , dont speack inglish and they dont care to help you . No plug at the upper beds . The sheets are old as well the hostel is without care . The owner is a good girl knew in the bussines . Think she is going to do better in the future .

The staff were friendly, helpful, and as accommodating as possible. The dorms were more spacious than most of the other hostels at the same price. There is a new bar next door with live music, which can go until pretty late, so if you want a good night's rest, this is probably not the best place to stay, although there aren't many places on the island that are quiet. The 6-person dorm is quieter than the 4-person because of the direction it faces. It was decent value and I enjoyed my stay.

I stayed in a hostel in Ao Nang called Slumber Party for the exact price at 200 baht a night and it is miles ahead of this hostel in terms of value for money. The Centerpoint is based right in the heart of the Phi Phi nightlife, next to a bar with a singing band, meaning if you fancy a quiet one, you are not in luck. The bunk beds are smelly, sweaty and rock hard, whilst the hot water in the showers are non existent.

first i booked this hostel only for one nite than i decided to stay longer...good location and this is best place to meet other cool travellers.. and cheap price of course

Koh Phi Phi Don is over-rated. The best beach isn't even on this island...It is on Koh Phi Phi Lay. However, a day trip to Koh Phi Phi Lay will get you to the Decaprio "Thw Beach" movie beach. In the morning it is crowded w toirist and in the afternoon low tide sucks all the water out to sea....Just like the beaches on Koh Phi Phi Don (accomodations island). Bring your own toilet paper to this hostel, they only provide micro small pink napkins located outside the toilets. Cold showers! OK

Overall I enjoyed my stay here, for 3 nights. It had a great location in the centre of the area with bars and restaurants, yet relatively quiet as it was down a side street. The security during the day needs improving as dorm doors have no locks!

This hostel is in a good location however this is the only positive about this place. The dorm had a horrible, rotting, damp smell to it, while the sheets were covered in stains. The bathrooms were also damp and unclean. Stayed here two nights before moving to a different place due to the smell!

Good wifi, great location,

The location of the hostel is good, but that is the only positive expect for me. It was not possible to lock any doors (both for the room and the bathroom), the owner wasn't very enthousiastic about receiving guests, the cleaning person comes into the room around 10 times spread over 3 hours, which makes it rather difficult to get some sleep... However, I heard only bad stories about other hostels at Phi Phi as well, so maybe this one is still ok compared to the others.

DO NOT STAY HERE! They have BED BUGS! The owner didn't seem fussed at all by the fact that several people were complaining of bed bugs and bites.

Thanks for the review, but we've never had any problems with bedbugs until this person had been with us a few nights. By his own admission they were in his bag, which would suggest he brought them here from the last place or places that he stayed at. We care about all our guests comfort during their stay so for that reason we closed the whole building for 4 days and had professional pest controllers come in and do their work. We are now fully open again without any more problems.