Centerpoint Hostel Reviews

179/16 Moo 7, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

Good hostel friendly staff as always

Overall two thumbs up. Just odd how the air con comes on only at 5pm and doesn't stay in during the day.

If you can avoid to stay there, DO SO! Staff is unfriendly, they don't speak English very well, so it might be an issue of you don't speak Thai. The only good thing about there is that is fairly good located, next to a couple of good bars and not far from the beach where the parties happen. Besides, It's quite dirty and the air conditioner might be turned off without your consent. This happened with us, the woman just walk into our room and turned that off without saying a word.

• 1st Mar 2015

The Centerpoint Hostel has a very nice location, even though I think all off the accommodation capacities on Phi Phi are not very far from the town and beaches, due to the small size of the island. The rooms are not very clean and there is something inside that mysteriously and constantly produces sand, making everything covered with it. There is only one toilet in the hostel, but I we didn't wait in queues to use it. One thing I disliked the most was that we had to take off our shoes to enter.

little cleaning, always dirty bathroom, no wifi in the room.

Good hostel. But only two toilets for the whole place. And if you have the bunk under the aircon unit your gonna have a pretty average sleep.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Only one toilet and shower for the whole hostel! Very loud bar next door so don't stay here if you plan on sleeping...

Good and affordable accomodation. The street is a bit noisy if you are a person that need a quite time to sleep other than that it was a nice place with friendly staff.

I had really bad bed bugs here, I left with at least 50 bites all over my body, it was horrible. To be fair, once I'd reported them they did clear out the whole room abut we left that day so it didn't really help my situation.

2 toilets for all the dorms... Other than that, good place!

Nothing special. Only a small lock box to secure your stuff. Across from a bar and can be noisy depending on your room. Reception is not 24/7

Good location in the centre of the streets of Phi Phi

Extremely loud at night as a crowded bar locating right next to the hostel.

worst hostel ever! We stayed in a four-bed dorm an tried to spend most of our time out of it because of the terrible smell coming from the bathroom. I am not picky in budget accomodation but this was terrible! sheets were very dirty and sticky. The staff would enter to your room without even knocking the door to turn on the aircon that is only available from 6 pm to 11 am. The noise in the night was so bad even for young people! for sure you can find better places for same price

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Ecuador

Terrible hostel. Bathroom are really dirty and smell terrible. Just cold water on the shower. Doesnt look like hostel, its more a place to sleep only. I do not recommend.

There's only one bathroom and that one is in the lobby! So you can brush your teeth while everybody's watching. No toilet paper. No shoes allowed in the bathroom. Loud at night (until 2 am) because of the bar next door. I moved after one night! If you can afford it take a private room somewhere else (the further you move away from that place the more quiet it gets ;-)) available from 600 Baht! Much better! Or if you really want to party

The staff were not friendly upon arrival, it seemed a massive issue to ask to have the air con on so we didn't dare to ask to turn it off. There is only 1 bathroom for all guests unless you have the ensuit room. Which I was directed to at one point, so if you do have this room expect other guests to use it. You were give a key to get into the building but the door on your dormitory was not able to lock. The location of the hostel is opposite Banana bar so it is good but I wouldn't stay again

friendly staff, is hard to find after description, nice hostel

Good location. Beds ok, no real meeting point to mix.

They major problems I had with this hostel were as follows: 1. The staff keep the AC remote and come in every morning at 11am and turn of the AC they don't turn it on again until 6pm. There is no fan in the room so it turns into a sweat box FAST! 2. The SINGLE shower and toilet for the two 6 bed dorms is down stairs in the hangout room. 3. I got eaten by bed bugs and I know it was at this place because they were so big after feeding on me I could see them and squashed about 8 or 9 huge ones.