Central Backpack King

Superb 2064 Total Reviews

• kmac2411
  • USA, Female, 18-24
15th Jun 2017

This hostel felt like home. Even though I'm pretty quiet, the staff knew me by name and always went out of their way to chat with me. The hostel was spotless and could not have been in a better location. Everything was within walking distance, so I never used the subway. I guess my only complaint would be the pillows were really thin, but as issues, go that is nothing. I loved Budapest and hope to come back and stay here again!

• USA, Male, 25-30
13th Jun 2017
2.6

One of my worst experiences with a hostel. Our AC broke immediately upon entering the first day and I emailed. The staff claimed they responded to emails within 1-2 hours. I called at 7hrs later and they said they would come in the morning. I called again at noon the next day. They sent someone with an AC controller who said the AC was working. It wasn't! It was 85 degrees in our room! We promptly left. Staff was incredibly rude as soon as I asked for the AC to be fixed. Do not stay here.

• thomas6473
  • Norway, Male, 25-30
5th Jun 2017

Can be explained in one word: awesome

2nd Jun 2017

Staff was very friendly and always happy to help give suggestions on places to go and places to eat around Budapest. Overall I had a great experience here!

• Philippines, Male, 25-30
30th May 2017
8.0

Friendly staff, great location, clean. Definitely recommending.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
20th May 2017

In my trip away I stayed in 3 hostels in 3 countries and this was by far my best. Firstly I accidentally bought an apartment instead of a room and the price was still cheaper than I've ever seen. The staff was amazing and told us everywhere to go. We were right in the centre of everything and the place was super clean! I will definitely be staying with them again! Absolutely gutted I hadn't stayed longer!

• England, Female, 25-30
18th May 2017

I had such a great time and Budapest and at the central backpack king. The staff are so friendly and really go the extra mile to help you with your stay. They had a wealth of knowledge about Budapest and we even got a complementary drink of Palinka. I loved it and would recommend to anyone.

17th May 2017
5.7

I don't know why this place has such good reviews, but I guess if you're looking for a Cheap bed to sleep in, it's a good pick. However the place has NO atmosphere and the staff is so generic, not able to provide any local insight into Budapest.

12th May 2017

Great location and excellent staff! Lori and Layla were awesome! Had a great stay and would highly recommend

• England, Couple, 18-24
11th May 2017

Amazing member of staff at reception who showed us all the points on the map, took us through culture and places to eat. Very friendly, felt homey. Booked double room had full floor to ourselves. Very cute room with lots of plugs, nice bathrooms, good kitchen facilities. Large common rooms, fab location right in the centre didn't need public transport hardly, station within walking distance but hostel close to metro also. Defo recommend!