Central Backpack King Reviews

Oktober 6. utca 15., 1st floor, 5th district, Budapest, Hungary

The staff were lovely. It was clean. The location was fantastic. Couldn't fault it on any level.

Everyone was very nice.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

There're two bathrooms, didn't like the one i used, couldn't find a place to station the shower head. The other one seemed nice but was always occupied… the place is nice and cozy with friendly and helpful staff, also a great location in the city centre.

The staff where really helpful with informations about places to see and even warned me about daylight timezone change before departing or I would definitely have lost my transport. Gabrielle from staff ( hope is not mispelled ) was sympathetic with ever dumb question I was doing and always with a smile on face.

Great hostel ! Safe choice when going to budapest ! great value, the staff is awesome and the location is as good as it gets !

• 13th Mar 2014

Great stay. Cant wait to come back.

It's hard to rate this place because everything in Budapest is cheap, and even though you really are getting a good deal, you get that at basically every hostel in Budapest. I stayed at three different hostels in Budapest (here, Carpe Noctem, and Big Fish), and I'd rate this one lowest. Some of the staff I met were really great, but the girl there during the day makes you feel like she's doing you a favor by talking to you. Atmosphere is also too subdued. See my reviews for the other hostels.

Good hostel, friendly staff and well localized.

perfect location, friendly and useful staffs

Location of the hostel was ideal. The staff were very helpful. I wasn't there at peak season so it was quiet, but really enjoyedt stay!

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Preferred our stay here to mainstream hotels

• 20th Jan 2014

The location is really good! All sights within walking distance. The big salon is extremely good! And a reasonable price as well!

We hat a room for 3 people. First we were surprised, that it was an own appartement not directly at the hostel but it was pretty nice. You're on your own and have everything you need. Metro was next to our appartement but you can go everywhere by feet.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Austria

I really enjoyed my stay at Central Backpack King! The atmosphere, for one was great! The hostel was small so it had that homey feel. The staff were very helpful, they always seemed to be looking for ways to help us out. It is located on the Pest side of Budapest. Located very close to all the Christmas Markets which was important during this time and not terribly far from good nightlife! I enjoyed my stay and would definitely go again if I ever find myself in Budapest again.

The staff didn't seem knowledgeable about the area, and aside from the one pub crawl the week, there was nothing organized by the hostel 2 engage solo travellers w/ groups. I was traveling alone, so it was a pretty lonely time for me in Budapest. I was also frustrated that the washing machine said 'staff use only'--which made me think, it was for staff clothing, on my last day I came to find that it meant that only the staff could operate AND took 24 hours.

Hostel was excellent location and all staff really helpful. Like to mention Bence who apart from having fantastic english and being great with people at front desk went out of his way to chase things up and find answers to questions on trains, food places etc. thank you for the stay. I wish had more time to stay in budapest! richard

Very nice staff, big living room, nice location. Would go back here!

• 11th Dec 2013

I really like this hostel. I spent 3 nights here and really satisfied with the service. The location is very near to St. Stephen Basilica, so you won't get lost. Staffs are very helpful, and friendly. I'm delight with this hostel!! I found new friends here. so, in overall it is amazing!! And will go back for next trip in Budapest.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

Great location and kind staff. But there is only one problem that my room near the counter, when people talking it will be very noisy.

Amazing location!! The staff are really helpful, and overall is quite clean. Would stay here again!