Central Backpack King Reviews

Oktober 6. utca 15., 1st floor, 5th district, Budapest, Hungary

I stayed for three nights here in Budapest. Location is excellent and in walking distance to all sights and a 5minute walk from the chain bridge - connecting you to Buda. Staff were so helpful on arrival showing me all hot spots on the map. The rooms are quirky and very clean. The bathrooms also clean but could do with a little modernisation (but that's being very picky!) can't wait to come back - thank you Central Backpack King!!!

We stayed in their apartment (away from the main hostel) for one week. It was comfortable and quiet and in an amazing location, couldn't have been closer to everything. I would definitely stay there again.

• 9th May 2015

The people at the front were extremely helpful. Never been to budapest bfore and had no idea what to expect. The lady immediatley pulled out a map and mapped out everything and everywhere we had to visit and see which was great. Our room was amazing we ended staying at the 3 people apartment. Fantastic location and a gorgeous room. I really recommend staying at this hostel.

• 6th May 2015

Very nice staff! However, the walls between the rooms are VERY thin and we woke up in the middle of the night several times because of other guests arriving to their rooms. It felt as we stayed in the same room which made us feel a bit uncomfortable.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

I had a wonderful stay at Central Backpack King! The hostel was very clean, cozy, and bright. My bed was comfortable and the location cannot be beat. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and provided lots of information about the city and activities. Everything was great, though I wish the doors to the bunk rooms had locks! Thanks for a great stay!

Good location. Close to the Jewish quarter but in a quiet place. Staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Thin walls. Weird access. Watch out for the vampires!

The atmosphere of the hostel was really good, and a staff was very friendly so that I could ask anything about Budapest. WiFi only works well in a living room where was a little far from my room to catch WiFi.

Fantastic hostel the people were friendly would definitely go again.

It's a nice, quiet area, but within walking distance of everything in Budapest. The staff were always extremely friendly and helpful. My only issue would be that our 4-bed female dorm shared a wall with the common room - that is, our room was right beside the common area. There was a sign posted that the common room was closed at 11PM, but that was never the case. It was very loud until 3 or 4 AM, which made it difficult to get any sleep. Next time, I'd ask for a room on the 2nd floor.

Centrally located, friendly staff with great all recommendations! I arrived late at night and initially was worried about the dark entrance but all was fine (and the lights turned on automatically as soon as they sensed me). Staff is on 24/7 and they try to keep quiet hours. When the hostel is full it can be loud in the middle of the night though - Budapest is a late night city. The bathroom facilities are limited - plan to use them early or middle of the day. For the price, this place is great!

Its the perfect place to stay in Budapest, if you like to go out at night but want to come back to a quite place! Very helpful and friendly staff!

Central Backpack King was a great stay for my friends and I! The hostel was centrally located to everything and was located on a street with a wide array of restaurant choices. I never felt that there were any problems with cleanliness, but my friends and I suggest bringing your own towel as the ones the hostel provided had a funny smell to them and were very tiny. Would definitely stay here again!

We stayed there for 4 nights, the staff is amazing, great location. but if u need to sleep, this is not the right place, so noicy. and the staff wont tell other guests to keep their voices down in 5 in the morning. we had to get up and tell the drunk people in the hall to keep quiet.

This hostel is amazing. I travel around a lot and never have I met a friendlier staff. The staff here helped me with everything I needed and they always had a smile. The location is perfect too, it's around the corner from St. Stephens and two blocks from the river. I would say perfect location! If you can stay here, do it!

Overall the vibe of the place was not so great and we kind of had to make our own fun. Saying that, Janet on the hostel staff brought really great energy into the place and did a fantastic job at bringing different people and groups together. She gave the place a much better atmosphere! The hostel is clean enough and the staff is more than willing to go out of their way to help. We had a fun time!

very nice staffs!!!! all of them was really really cool and kind... helped me with everything that I needed!!!

WOW! Loved this hostel! Would definitely recommend staying at Backpack King to anyone traveling to Budapest. We stayed in a three person room which ended up being an apartment owned by the hostel that was just a five minute walk away. Very clean and homey. Location was very convenient, just around the corner from St. Stephen's Basilica. The staff were absolutely amazing, very friendly and helpful with a lot of information about sightseeing, places to eat, and nightlife.

This hostel was fantastic! David greeted us when we arrived an gave us a "welcome" shot of the traditional Hungarian drink. Anna was great about answering our questions, giving us recommendations for places to go and eat and she booked our massages for us at the bathhouse. The beds were comfy and the bathrooms were very clean! The location is amazing because it's right in the center close to everything. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 27th Feb 2015

I Think the showers and the towels could be better, but overall the room is really nice, the stuff is friendly, you have your key to get in and get out, it was an amazing experience. I would really recommend this hostel!

Wonderful staff. Super friendly. Great location. Very comfortable.