Central Backpack King Reviews

Oktober 6. utca 15., 1st floor, 5th district, Budapest, Hungary

Fantastic Staff and Brilliant Location! The atmosphere of the hostel is what made the stay in Budapest extra special. P.s. sorry about the singing :)

• 25th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great place! And the staff is incredible! The BEST!!! Totally recomend this place!!!

We liked this place a lot! Cool people and very good atmosphere

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Israel

I loved this hostel, my only problem was some staff members being less helpful than others!

Staff were fantastic, helpful, and a great asset to understanding Budapest. It was a pleasure to arrive and have a smiling face greet us and provide helpful tips and insights. We stayed in a 5 bedroom private with 5 of us, and the space was good, the security was excellent and I had no worries about anything.

• 9th Sep 2014

We stayed here as a group, and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, offering good tips and advice about the city. The location really couldn't be better, right at the heart of budapest and close to metro. It was so good I've already been back since! Thanks for two great stays!

I liked the hostel and city so much I stayed for a whole week. Staff is absolutely helpful and friendly! This is NOT a party hostel, it is quieter than that, feels more intimate and allows for meeting other travelers in the evenings before going out partying. Location is very central, the Basilica is just around the corner. I was disappointed by them NOT offering all the activities that were advertised (like sky diving), yet the flexibility and help the staff showed to overcome this was great.

My friends and I were really impressed by this hostel the staff were incredibly friendly and the hostel itself was lovely, can't fault it! I will definitely be looking into staying again

• 15th Aug 2014

This place is pretty good. The staff are very nice and knowledgeable about the city.

Hostel is in a great location! It is walking distance from everything and just near the river. It´s a smaller hostel so it´s really easy to meet people, but it´s older and could use some renovations. My only complaints are that the bed sheets and pillows are very old and feel dirty.

LOVE LOVE LOVE CBK you simply have to stay here in Budapest. It isn't one of the outrageous party hostels but you will have such a good time. It's so easy to meet like-minded travellers and we made friends for life here. The whole place feels like home and the staff are so friendly and can organise tickets for, what seemed like, almost everything which enabled us to jump the queues at the baths! Prime location near all the ruin bars and eateries, I can't wait to stay here again!

We were in a private 2 bed apartment about a 5 minutes walk from the hostel but still in the city centre. It was lovely. The apartment was clean and spacious it was secure and we loved having our own space. It also meant we could do what we wanted as and when. For the price we paid it was more than we expected. Staff were really friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. I would stay there again.

Really central hostel. Small enough for a cozy environment where everyone hangs out together. Really great for a solo backpacker. Would definitely stay there again. They don't take credit cards even though it says so on their hostelworld site

It might be just me, as i was staying in a two-bed apartment, but I'm pretty sure that i got allergic reactions from some insects who were nesting in my bed. Or anywhere else in the apartment. After the stay i had small bites all over my body which then turned to red dots and itched very heavily.

Good atmosphere helpful staff good location! Bit noisy with thin walls but expected in a fun vibrant hostel!

If you are a group of two or a couple, dont choose this hostel. The double-bed room in this hostel has no light to come in, if you close the door and the lamp, the room is as dim as night. Also the double-bed room is between the bath-room and the toilets, there are so much noise during the night. We stayed there for 3 nights. One night at 3am, a group of 7 were having party in the living room and we cant sleep until 5am, because there were no one in the reception as they told to solve it!!

They were just great!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

It's a really good location! And I really enjoyed my time there!

Right in the heart of the city at a great price. Small place but very clean and nice. Would definitely stay there again!

Very nice hostel and felt like you are at home! Staff are very helpful and nice! Perfect location and nice atmosphere! No complaints

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4