Central Backpack King Reviews

Oktober 6. utca 15., 1st floor, 5th district, Budapest, Hungary

the location was amazing! a 1 minute walk to st stephens basilica! you can pretty much walk to all the main attractions from here! the staff were really helpful! the hostel feels more like a flat which is nice, you can meet people really easily and it doesn't get crazy at night which means u can have a good nights sleep! its also really close to the trains and trams!

Lovely dorm room and common room. Great location right next to the basilica. The staff were wonderful and friendly, they helped me organised a massage at the spa and gave us free cherries and beer in the common room. A really great hostel, I would recommend :)

Just amazing staff really friendly and willing to help. Location is great too, close to clubs/pubs and close enough to walk to attractions Some of the facilities were a bit old but don't let this put you off. The atmosphere is very homely makes it easy to meet fellow backpackers

The place is huge -- it has an entire 5 floor apartment building packed with rooms. It's too big to actually meet people and start conversations... More like a hotel.

Amazing staff! Seriously,so helpful and just great for a chat. Location is good, not amazing but still fairly close to the centre. I can see how this place would have an amazing atmosphere, but unfortunately we didn't love the group of guests we were staying with so kept mainly to ourselves even though it was the weekend and we would have loved to go out with them. The pizza place two doors over has AMAZING food also!

It was amazing to stay there... The location is perfect and the hostal is super nice, but I think that the best is the people that works there.. They are super friendly and helpful. I totally recommend Central Backpack KIng in Budapest.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Very nice chilled hostel. Staff always ready to help, wifi strong everywhere, large rooms. Only issues I had were that the tv was playing "top hits" all day which got soooo repetative, and that because all the rooms are so close it's not really private. We had a "private" room but could hear everything going on everywhere.

We stayed in an apartment outside of the hostel and we were driven there by the other, it was in a great area. Good central location and so clean! Will stay again!

• 9th Jun 2014

Very rustic and not as modern as other hostels I've stayed in, but unbelievable location and great staff.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Fantastic atmosphere and value for price. Would book there again without hesitation.

• 7th Jun 2014

Lovely staff always happy to help you out! Really nice vibe at this hostel.

The hostel is very well located you don't need any transport unless you go outside of the centre. About the staff i can only say great things. The were always friendly and very helpful. keep doing that excellent work. You have a good atmosphere and the hostel is very clean. Definitely i recommend this hostel. and if i ever come back i will stay here again.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The staff were very helpful, and there was a very sociable, friendly atmosphere in the hostel. Met some great people here, would definitely recommend it!

The hostel staff were very helpful, they made the stay very pleasant.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Everything was perfect! Amazing stay!

• 30th May 2014

The staff were the highlight of my experience at Central Backpack King. They were kind and generous and fostered a fun environment. I rarely go out when I am traveling alone, but I went out with two of the guys from my room and had a blast. We got a bunch of great suggestions and drink tickets from the front desk. Best hostel experience thus far. Facilities were fine and clean enough but the people made it great.

While the accommodations were enough to make my stay at central backpack a great one, what really set this hostel apart from any other I've stayed at was the extremely friendly, helpful, and passionate staff. In addition, the layout and environment of central backpack was great for meeting new people and finding people to hang out. Great place whether you're traveling alone or in a group. My favorite hostel I've stayed at yet and coincidentally one of the least expensive too!

• 27th May 2014

Great central location, close to major metro stop making it easy to get to any train station you need. Helpful staff, big clean rooms, great atmosphere. Definitely recommend.

This hostel is definitely a great value! It's in the center right by the Basilica and a lot of the ruin bars. Great restaurants nearby too. My friends booked before me in a 16 person mixed dorm, but when I booked later that option was no longer available on here. When we checked in, we were all upgraded to a 4 person room so that we could be together, which was so great! My only recommendation is to have a separate luggage room instead of leaving it in the lounge after checking out.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were very friendly and the location was amazing. Highly recommend!