Central Backpack King Reviews

Oktober 6. utca 15., 1st floor, 5th district, Budapest, Hungary

We were in a private 2 bed apartment about a 5 minutes walk from the hostel but still in the city centre. It was lovely. The apartment was clean and spacious it was secure and we loved having our own space. It also meant we could do what we wanted as and when. For the price we paid it was more than we expected. Staff were really friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. I would stay there again.

Really central hostel. Small enough for a cozy environment where everyone hangs out together. Really great for a solo backpacker. Would definitely stay there again. They don't take credit cards even though it says so on their hostelworld site

It might be just me, as i was staying in a two-bed apartment, but I'm pretty sure that i got allergic reactions from some insects who were nesting in my bed. Or anywhere else in the apartment. After the stay i had small bites all over my body which then turned to red dots and itched very heavily.

Good atmosphere helpful staff good location! Bit noisy with thin walls but expected in a fun vibrant hostel!

If you are a group of two or a couple, dont choose this hostel. The double-bed room in this hostel has no light to come in, if you close the door and the lamp, the room is as dim as night. Also the double-bed room is between the bath-room and the toilets, there are so much noise during the night. We stayed there for 3 nights. One night at 3am, a group of 7 were having party in the living room and we cant sleep until 5am, because there were no one in the reception as they told to solve it!!

They were just great!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

It's a really good location! And I really enjoyed my time there!

Right in the heart of the city at a great price. Small place but very clean and nice. Would definitely stay there again!

Very nice hostel and felt like you are at home! Staff are very helpful and nice! Perfect location and nice atmosphere! No complaints

Great, friendly, homey, helpful staff. Really nice showers and toilets. Great lockers in rooms! They are cozy, but not bunkbeds so you're in for a great sleep. Hostel common room is like a home living room and very comfortable. Great kitchen, great location. Close to everything including the main metro station and located next to dozens of great and affordable restaurants. I switched hostels to come here and I am glad I did!

Great hostel! We booked a 9 bed dorm and got a free upgrade to a 2 bed apartment. The staff was really great and met some nice people

Such a nice place amazing location right by everything(shops restraunts squares bars river and sights) such lovely staff great little kitchen with free coffee and tea and good lounging area with a very relaxed atmosphere- perfect place to stay on low budget looking for friendly place to stay in charming hostel in the center!

Terrific staff, great location, just a but too noisy for us in a weekend was all.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • bigluke

The staff were brilliant! so happy and helpful, they really made us feel welcome. I think the room itself could have had a fan or air conditioning as it was really hot at night and opening the window did not really help that much. Wifi is available but you can only get a good signal if you're in the common room where the router is. We shared the common room and kitchen with a few more groups and we had a good chat with them so it's a nice environment to get to know other people.

The hostel was well located and the room I stayed in only had 4 beds so was quite spacious. There are only 2 bathrooms with showers so there was queuing in the morning but the lounge area is easy to meet other travellers. The staff are really friendly too. The beds are a little small and thin and the door creaked massively when opening so it wasn't so quiet. Also my towel went missing from the drying rack within the room which was annoying and the staff couldn't locate it. Overall was ok/good

Amazing hostel great for meeting people, chilling out and booking activities. Staff will answer any question with genuine interest which makes a change. Do not miss this hostel out it made Budapest (an already amazing city) the perfect place!

• 30th Jun 2014

This hostel was one of my favorites. The staff genuinely tries to make you feel at home and the lady who owns the hostel is a wonderful woman. We booked the two person suite and it was everything we could ask for. The only thing that could have possibly been better is giving us two keys to the room, rather than one. Other than that though I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a, safe, quite, and pleasant trip.

Really happy. Staff where amazing! So helpful!!

Hands down the best hostel i have stayed at. It is a small hostel with a very homely atmosphere. The rooms and beds are comfy and cleaned thoroughly every day as well as the common room. Very nice and helpful staff especially the manager. There is a perfect common area where you can meet other travelers, and the hostel promotes meeting everyone staying there and having a good time! I recommend this hostel to everyone!

Brilliant hostel v accommodating and friendly staff. Would defo recommend. Great atmosphere without being a party hostel