Central Backpack King Reviews

Oktober 6. utca 15., 1st floor, 5th district, Budapest, Hungary

I couldn't say enough positive about this hostel. Awesome, awesome experience. Located just a two minute walk from St. Stephen's basilica and a ten minute walk to the popular shopping street (and beginning of the free walking tour - highly recommended!), you really are in the center of everything. The staff... Oh my gosh the staff. Some of the friendliest and warmest and most accommodating people I've ever met, they were all so helpful with all my questions about getting around and to do, etc.

Showers were not very good but staff were very nice and people in hostel were nice

the hostel is just amazing...kindly and helpful staff, clean room and the location is perfect

• 9th Jun 2015

We absolutely loved this hostel. Great atmosphere and incredibly helpful staff, will definitely be back! :)

I can't express my love for this hostel enough. The staff are so awarm and helpful, the atmosphere is incredible, and the rooms a make you feel at home. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• 5th Jun 2015

Had so much fun at this hostel. The staff is truely amazing, helps you with everything and recommends you where to go, and the manager is such a lovely person. Location is great, a 10 min walk to most city attractions. Can't recommend this place enough!

Awesome staff, always there to help you and very friendly! They help making the stay incredible and suggested a lot of great things to do! Definitely recommend this place and I'll come back for sure

I booked the apartment and actually it is not in the same location as the hostel. But it was not a problem, it's very close and the guy at the reception was very helpful. The apartment was neat and cozy, with a large bathroom. The location is absolutely perfect and close to everything - attractions, pubs and restaurants.

• 5th Jun 2015

Very friendly staff, wonderful environment in a perfect location central to everything

• 1st Jun 2015

Really great place to meet people because of a great atmosphere. I had the room to myself for 2 nights. Great place to go out to bars and still be able to sleep!

Excellent, friendly staff. Secure front door. Lots of discounts for day and night trips/ events. Everyone else who stayed in the hostel was also very friendly; highly reccomend!!

• 30th May 2015

It was such a great time, the staff was so friendly and helpful with every question I had. When I come back to Budapest, l'll definately go to Central Backpack King again

Best hostel!! Really friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere especially for solo travellers to meet people! Lots to do and go out with fellow hostellers and then a quiet place to have a good sleep. Would absolutely stay here again and I am recommending it to anyone who might be going to Budapest!

In general good stay in terms of room and facilities, there was bad smell due to humidity though. The atmosphere was nice and location couldn't be better. The staff was willing to help but without much success. There were different persons each day: some didn't care a lot, some were caring but were very slow in actions and others were helping and suggesting different activities but without providing full picture, which ended up in confusion and problems. The boss was great though, when there!

I stayed for three nights here in Budapest. Location is excellent and in walking distance to all sights and a 5minute walk from the chain bridge - connecting you to Buda. Staff were so helpful on arrival showing me all hot spots on the map. The rooms are quirky and very clean. The bathrooms also clean but could do with a little modernisation (but that's being very picky!) can't wait to come back - thank you Central Backpack King!!!

Very good hostel with very friendly staff willing to go out of their way to help, great atmosphere and clean place, what more do you need

One of our favorite hostels in Europe. Amazing staff!! They organize nightly pub-crawls with some of their sister hostels, as well as group dinners and pre drinks in the common room. Small hostel so you really get to know the other ppl staying there. Location could not be more central, steps away from everything you need. This place definitely made our time at split. Rained for 4 days straight yet still some of the best days of our entire Europe trip! Stay here for amazing nights and location!

The staff was extremely amazing and fun! Its definitely the highlight of the hostel. The location is fantastic as well. Just a small suggestion: They should mention that at the checkout you can not pay with Credit Card but cash only. I was not informed about this but I was lucky that my bank in the US allowed me to get more money (there is a daily quota that you can withdraw for your account) and was able to pay.

We stayed in their apartment (away from the main hostel) for one week. It was comfortable and quiet and in an amazing location, couldn't have been closer to everything. I would definitely stay there again.

• 9th May 2015

The people at the front were extremely helpful. Never been to budapest bfore and had no idea what to expect. The lady immediatley pulled out a map and mapped out everything and everywhere we had to visit and see which was great. Our room was amazing we ended staying at the 3 people apartment. Fantastic location and a gorgeous room. I really recommend staying at this hostel.

• 6th May 2015