Central Backpack King Reviews

Oktober 6. utca 15., 1st floor, 5th district, Budapest, Hungary

We stayed there for 4 nights, the staff is amazing, great location. but if u need to sleep, this is not the right place, so noicy. and the staff wont tell other guests to keep their voices down in 5 in the morning. we had to get up and tell the drunk people in the hall to keep quiet.

This hostel is amazing. I travel around a lot and never have I met a friendlier staff. The staff here helped me with everything I needed and they always had a smile. The location is perfect too, it's around the corner from St. Stephens and two blocks from the river. I would say perfect location! If you can stay here, do it!

Overall the vibe of the place was not so great and we kind of had to make our own fun. Saying that, Janet on the hostel staff brought really great energy into the place and did a fantastic job at bringing different people and groups together. She gave the place a much better atmosphere! The hostel is clean enough and the staff is more than willing to go out of their way to help. We had a fun time!

very nice staffs!!!! all of them was really really cool and kind... helped me with everything that I needed!!!

WOW! Loved this hostel! Would definitely recommend staying at Backpack King to anyone traveling to Budapest. We stayed in a three person room which ended up being an apartment owned by the hostel that was just a five minute walk away. Very clean and homey. Location was very convenient, just around the corner from St. Stephen's Basilica. The staff were absolutely amazing, very friendly and helpful with a lot of information about sightseeing, places to eat, and nightlife.

This hostel was fantastic! David greeted us when we arrived an gave us a "welcome" shot of the traditional Hungarian drink. Anna was great about answering our questions, giving us recommendations for places to go and eat and she booked our massages for us at the bathhouse. The beds were comfy and the bathrooms were very clean! The location is amazing because it's right in the center close to everything. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 27th Feb 2015

I Think the showers and the towels could be better, but overall the room is really nice, the stuff is friendly, you have your key to get in and get out, it was an amazing experience. I would really recommend this hostel!

Wonderful staff. Super friendly. Great location. Very comfortable.

Great experience!! The staff really made the diffence, not only did she help with with any questions we had regarding the city, transports and etc but thanks to her we enjoyed typical food and drinks from Budapest. The atmosphere is really nice and the location could not be better, as soon as you turn around the corner, you arrive at Andrassy Street.

Hostel was really really good, great facilities, everything we needed for the weekend. The staff were particularly helpful with gave loads of good advice and suggestions for where to go and things to do. Not the hostels fault but I'd avoid the magic thermal baths pool party unless you're a group of ten 18 year old lads. Head to the ruin bars instead, they were a unique Budapest experience and the atmosphere was a lot more enjoyable.

• 31st Jan 2015

Such a nice hostel in the best location possible. Staff couldn't have been nicer and it was sooooo cheap! Highly recommend it.

• 30th Jan 2015