8.5
Fabulous 617 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 617 Total Reviews
Central Backpackers Dunedin Located at 243 Moray Place, , Dunedin.
New Zealand
Dunedin Otago 9016 243 Moray Place
85% 617
-45.8725758 170.5041432
    Rooms available

• Malaysia, Mixed Group, 25-30
13th Jan 2017
6.9

Kitchen could be cleaner and having more toilets would be great. The reception ladies were friendly and helpful

8th Jan 2017
5.7

Very gross, dirty & small. A cat Gizmo roams around the place including the kitchen (yuck). We did not cook b/c it was that bad. Entire place smells bad & they only have one washer & dryer for everyone, this is even the one they use... AND they use it most of the time until 6pm daily. AKA: There was a line for it. Very small place to hangout which was the room that smelled the worst. If you want to use the restroom/showers, you have to walk in front of everyone in the living room. Very awkward.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
4th Jan 2017
7.1

Room was comfortable. Bathroom disgusting and needs an update stat! Too scared to touch anything! Cute cat though.

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Jan 2017
4.3

Least favourite hostel I've stayed in whilst in NZ. The layout is bizarre and not accurately represented In photos. The lounge is right next to reception and the washing machine which means you can barely hear the TV from the noise at times. The kitchen was too small and not clean at all. I refused to cook for the 2 nights I was there because nothing looked clean enough. There is also no secure storage for bags to be left after check out. The only positive was the female dorm room was big

2nd Jan 2017

A great little hostel with a warm atmosphere, well-stocked kitchen, speedy internet and clean facilities. I would definitely recommend it! The only negatives I have were that my bed (Room 8, rearmost bed on the right) must have backed onto the same wall as the washing machine - whenever it was on it constantly thudded loudly. I also had one of the staff start tugging and pulling the bed around to change the bunk above, when I'd have happily stood up if they'd asked. It just seemed strange!

30th Dec 2016

The staff are all lovely, as soon as I arrived I felt really welcomed. The hostel is nice and relaxed with a great atmosphere. Everyone I spoke to was lovely - this hostel seemed to have the nicest guests! Bathrooms were nice and well maintained, the kitchen is a good size and the wifi is good! Gizmo the hostel cat was awesome, I miss him and I hope he misses me too

26th Dec 2016

Overall the place was good, but the room doors slam shut and our room was right next to one of the dorms, so it was constantly being used. The showers are great. Cat is cute too.

• England, Female, 25-30
21st Dec 2016

Lovely homely hostel - easy to meet loads of people and great friendly atmosphere :)

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
19th Dec 2016

I could come back for sure, Staff great!! The canadian girl is Amazing!!! Thank you by the way for your reception. ✌🏻️😁 oh, and The cat is so cool!!! I was terrible tired and could sleep well without problems. Thanks guys!! ❤️❤️

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Dec 2016

Breakfast is meant to be served from 8.30am, which is late considering people have to get buses early and generally like to get an early start on the day. The morning we were checking out, there was no one on reception and breakfast still hadn't been put out by 8.50am and we needed to leave. When we returned from our tour the member of staff said she'd been in 10 minutes late but we didn't see how this could have been the case given the time we were there. The rooms are spacious and beds comfy.