Fabulous 585 Total Reviews
Fabulous 585 Total Reviews
Central Backpackers Dunedin Located at 243 Moray Place, , Dunedin.
New Zealand
Dunedin Otago 9016 243 Moray Place
86% 585
-45.8725758 170.5041432
    Rooms available

2nd Dec 2016
6.9

My stay at central backpackers was nice. It is located right in the center of town which is really convient. Dunedin is an awesome city. I stayed in the 10 person dorm, which was quite large. The bed were okay. My biggest problem with the hostal was the lack of space to hang out. There was a sitting area right next to recpition with a couch, but that's all. The kitchen locks at 1030 so that seating isn't available either. No alcohol allowed in the hostal.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
1st Dec 2016

Great hostel! Absolutely no complaints! great staff, kitchen, wifi, lockers, cat, etc. Had a great time!

28th Nov 2016
8.0

Good place that has a tc with tons of movies, centrally located and a decent kitchen. The breakfast is include in the price cereal and bread. Downfalls no alcohol allowed and no bar not the most social hostel fairly quit. Overall a good stay.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
25th Nov 2016

Great hostel, I really enjoyed my stay and wish I had more time there. Having Gizmo the hostel cat, was amazing! Only the bathrooms could be a bit more spacious.

• henryjames94
  • England, Male, 18-24
22nd Nov 2016

Stayed here 3 nights, could not be in a better location. Great facilities (free breakfast, storage lockers, TV, PS4 etc) make it the best value for money of any hostel I have stayed in in Dunedin. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful, great atmosphere around the place! Bathrooms could be modernised a bit but we're extremely clean, which was the main thing! Would definitely recommend to anyone going to Dunedin!

• New Zealand, Couple, 18-24
19th Nov 2016
8.0

Cheap and cheerful. Pretty basic and a little rough around the edges but if you're just looking for a comfortable, clean, friendly, decent place to crash cheaply that is central, this is ideal.

• England, Female, 31-40
13th Nov 2016

I absolutely loved it here! The TV room is so cosy and clean! The staff couldn't help me enough especially the lady with dark hair and the cool dress (I feel so bad for not learning her name) when I had bus troubles she looked alternatives up for me, she pencilled down ideas on a map for things to do, nothing was ever an issue! I was a little uneasy about no locks on the doors, but the main Door was locked at night. Stay here!

• rachaelja
  • England, Female, 18-24
28th Oct 2016

Had a great stay at this hostel, I met some amazing and friendly people staying there - nicest atmosphere I've experienced so far. Free breakfast, wifi and its in a good location. I missed the bus to my next destination due to a taxi not arriving and the staff were fantastic in helping me out which I really appreciated. Couldn't have asked for a nicer stay, thank you. Gizmo the cat is also the smartest cat I've met!

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Oct 2016

Free breakfast. Great wifi. Right in the centre. REALLY helpful staff. Clean showers and toilets. Great kitchen / entertainment facilities. Can't recommend this place enough!

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Oct 2016

A sweet little pad in the heart of the city, owners and staff were super friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was a great bonus and the showers were by far the best / most powerful showers I have used in New Zealand. If your a cat lover Gizmo the hostel cat is super cool and friendly and just adds to the chilled friendly vibe.