Central Backpackers Dunedin Reviews

243 Moray Place, Dunedin, New Zealand

The hostel is clean and the location is perfect. There was only one thing that really supriesed me. The hostel has got a cat...! The cat is able to go where ever it wants to. Even the kitchen. But it's still clean everywhere and dosen't smell at all. Still a good hostel. I would go there again.

• 23rd Jun 2014

I really enjoyed this hostel, the only bad thing is the no alcohol policy :/ I love having wine with my meal ot wine with some cheese and is really bad that we cant drink in the hostel. Also I didnt like the location of bathroom one need to walk infront where all the people is watching tv or playing videogames everytime one need to go to toilet or to take shower :(

There is not free parking at the hostel, there is free parking streets away from it that is nothing to do with the hostel. After 6 and before 8am there is free street parking outside but otherwise you are feeding a meter.

The Hostel is located in the centre of Dunedin. It is not to big and has a nice atmosphere as it isn´t to busy. I would definetly recommend to stay there. All things you need are provided.

• 14th May 2014

Hostel is nice if you want a quite night, but if you wanna go out be aware of this: There is a NO ALCOHOL in the hostel... The rest was just fine!

it was overall an average hostel. The bathroom was very awkwardly located and you had to cross the whole common room and pass in front of the busy tv area to get to it often interrupting peoples movie watching. also the kitchen was a complete disaster every time we went to cook. there was no counter space and it was very very dirty. we didnt want to cook in it

A little bit noisy at night if your rooms on the main street. But an absolute great place to stay!

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Severe lack of power points in dorms. 2 powerpoints in a 9 bed dorm will always cause problems. The man that was working on the desk when I arrived was unfriendly and not very helpful. Location is good though, 5 min work to isite and most attractions.

The full time staff where lovely and very helpful, however the woofing staff they had in where rude and unpleasant which really ruined my stay. I found it extremely odd and never have I stayed or however worked anywhere were the woofing staff share a room with paying guests, this was awful. I found the atmosphere here really unpleasant and would certainly not recommend staying here to anyone. It spoilt my whole experience if Dunedin, as the city itself is lovely .