Central Backpackers Hostel II Reviews

11 Hang Manh Street, Hanoi, Vietnam

Friendly staff, beds are tiny in dorm but private room is nice!

Basic hostel. This number 2 is the quiet one, but no problem: if you want morele people just go for happy hour to no 1. 1 is very close :) Breakfast is nice but I did saw 2 rats on the stairs...

Lovely hostel that I stayed here twice, before sapa and after. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the location is perfect. They helped me find the embassy and let me Print for free. They also let me leave my bag when I went away to halong bay. Wifi in dorm didn't work but would definitely use again!

술처먹고 새벽 3시에 들어온 칭기즈칸 자손들아! 이상한 짓거리랑 니네집에가서 해라!

• 19th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Rats! Too many problems with this hostel, better budget accommodations available. One night we saw rats near the kitchen area, the next morning no running water. Electrical problems as well, power was off in the lobby for an hour. No point in booking here when other options are available. Staff was fairly nice though.

Hi Aaron, we are so sorry for any problem you may have during your stay at our hostel and thanks so much for nice work to our staff. You know there only a little mice some where at the kitchen and we tried everyday to get it out of our hostel and also its just a nomal problem when you travelling in SEA but we will get it out for sure. for the power and water, there are the same everywhere in town and we can't do anything and we did imform you before and say sorry as well! again we are so sorry!

Hostel was pretty clean, beds were quite hard but have no complaints. Staff were brilliant and very friendly which makes the hostel well worth staying in.

• 18th Sep 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. Staff are very helpful with tours, buses etc. and not too pushy at all. Breakfast is okay. Free beer every night is a great bonus. Our tour to Halong was cancelled due to weather - no issue getting full refund.

Loved my stay here. the staff are so helpful and just want to help you have a good time. they organise anything for you and the free beer is a major plus and you can't beat it for value of money. would definately recommend!

• 13th Aug 2014

Fantastic staff! I left my camera in the lockers and only realised at the airport but they were super amazing and brought it to me! So kind and I really appreciated it. Beds were really comfy and shower great. Everything very clean. Location absolutely ideal. Only downside is there's rats in the kitchen but I guess everywhere in Hanoi does. Still, perhaps emptying the bins regularly to deter them would be a start. Overall a great stay, would recommend.

Best hostel in SEA

Rats (at least three) in the kitchen. Informed the reception and thier response was "There is nothing we can do about it". Internet didn't work and beds as hard as rocks.

Hi Mary, Thanks so much for leaving your review to our hostel. About the rat problem in the kitchen we all sort it out now and we do guarantee there are no more rats. for the internet broken down during the time you want to use it we can't handle it cause its the problem for all the city, but its only for 2 hour so do you think thats our problem? For the bed we are $5 hostel with free breakfast, free beer, free wifi, internet, towels..so we can't provide you the luxury bed like your home..

Decent hostel, but amenities are a bit tired and the bathroom could have been cleaner. Was only here for one night, but good value for money and would stay again. Don't stay here if you're avoiding gap year kids shagging in dorms!!

Great hostel, the free beer hour is a great way to meet people and go out together. The rooms were not special but you get good value for your money! I will def recommend this hostel to other backpackers!

really great hostel! great location, good breakfast, very social- would definitely recommend.

Laundry came back dirty but they did give us a full refund. Mice in the kitchen but the rooms were clean. Staff helpful and nice :)