Central Backpackers Hostel II Reviews

11 Hang Manh Street, Hanoi, Vietnam

The room is next to a very loud street. The noise is unbearable until almost 2am. The beds are ok, but there is only 1 bathroom per floor and it is not quite clean, or well kept. For the money there are other hostels much better. The main door gets locked at night, and you can't really leave until 7:30am when they re-open it.

I stayed with Central 2 for about a week in and out between trips and really enjoyed my time. The staff are great and Thu is a great person to know in the city. I arranged both the Sapa and Halong Bay trip through them and had no issues. They give a simple (delicious) breakfast every morning of bread, egg, banana and unlimited coffee! It's in the perfect location as you're footsteps away from the main parts. There's also an amazing Bun cha restaurant just a few doors down on the corner!

• 1st Aug 2015

nice hostel, great location..breakfast was great.. i would recommend

Good Hostel, Not as good as hostel one or three. But Hostel one is just down the road for all the free beer you can drink for an hour!.

Great little hostel. Such good value for money. Helpful, attentive staff & clean dorm rooms. Good all round atmosphere with the other hostel (Backpacker 1) supplying free drinks between 7/8 & a really good bar crawl! Location is good, close to the cathedral & some nice little shops & places to eat nearby. The only thing to really criticise is that the dorm rooms are slightly dated - if you want a more modern feel, try backpacker 1 as the bathrooms have rainforest showers!

Needs a lift there are 5 floors.

Rather specious rooms with personal plug ins by each bed, clean big ensuite toilets and ok breakfast. The staff was very helpful too. The night shift guy recommended a great pho ga place nearby. They have many tours that seem very popular, but I didn't use them myself.

i was moved to Central Backpackers 1. Overall a good stay, but could be cleaner. The old town location is a more happening place, but this place is good if you just want a quiet place to sleep.

If there were something to improve I would say cleaning could be more frequent and the computers next to the front desks should be fixed, two of them are not functioning fine. But other than that I would say this hostel is excellent!

The location is great and near all the shops and attractions. I love staying there as it is my second time. Loved it and great staff help.

• 15th May 2015

Had a private room. The room was a little rundown and dusty. Bathroom where clean. It was very loud from the street. Free coffee all day long and a nice atmosphere. Check that your deposit from hostelworld is correctly substracted from your bill.

It is quite a nice hostel, the staff are really helpful. The free breakfast is basic. When we arrived they had booked our dorm beds out so upgraded us to a premier double for the same price which was nice!

When we checked in there was no electric meaning we couldn't shower, cool down with aircon or charge our devices after 14 hours on the night bus. We were not told this upon check in. We asked to me moved to Central 1 ans the staff were very very helpful in assisting with this.

Good value for money. Nice bathrooms. Rooms are a bit small and there is no elevator for the 6 floors. Good staff and located in a nice street with a lit of coffee and diner places. If you want to party, then I suggest you choose another hostel.

Amazing staff! They are so helpful and kind. Really go out of their way to help you. The whole place is so organised and clean. The wifi is great. They just really know what they are doing and how to make people feel relaxed and happy. The location is great because it's in the middle of everything. This is definitely the more chilled, unparty hostel of the 3 which is fine though because you are near so many bars and restaurants. Highly recommend!