Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

16 Ly Quoc Su st., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Hostel is ok location next to old quarter. Room were ok..bed were like sleeping on rocks! Free beer is like a shot with a massive head on it..but free is free I suppose! Saw two rats in the bar area running over the area where the prepare the breakfast..guy at reception asked are u sure? He didn't really seem surprised! But really it he staff let this place down! Lazy and rude! Apart from one man at reception! Would write more but it doesn't allow me! Don't stay here!

A very nice place to stay. Has lift. Lots of simple eating places close by.

If you're going to Hanoi and you want to meet people, go out partying (or chilled nights can get private rooms) book amazing trip tours to Halong Bay and Sapa then this is the place! The staff were INCREDIBLE, helped with everything you asked them too. The 8th floor bar is always buzzing come happy hour and the pub crawl is brilliant. Spent a lot of time here couldn't say a bad word except wifi doesn't always work in room... Have to sit in the corridor!

Very friendly staff,they even remembered my name. Staff were very helpful and always willing to help without being pushy!thank you 😊

Loved my stay! Staff are amazing and so helpful and friendly and atmosphere is great!

• 21st Aug 2015

Best place in town.Best is the hotel travel agent.Name is Hien.Good contact and a lot informations.Good Job!!!

• 15th Aug 2015

I've slept on softer concrete. The balconys are a death trap. The 'free beer' between 7pm & 8pm is served in half-filled plastic glasses that have more of a head on them than a Stella Artois ad & have never seen a hot dishwasher in their lives. Bad wifi. The dormitory bathrooms are okay though. (Probably why the staff and their children come into your dorm to use them. Didn't enjoy my stay here at all. Shop around. Stay elsewhere.

I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone, unless you like: pillows that feel like bricks, sleeping on something they call a matress but is more like cardboard (i actually had bruises on my hips...) bloodstains on your sheets, cleaning ladies sleeping in your bed, cleaning ladies entering your room at 8:30 (2,5 hours before check out!) walking in screaming and actually taking your personal stuff, irresponsible staff that is too drunk/hungover/ high on laughing gass to help you out. No, just no.

Great location, staff very helpful and good English, basic breakfast but free nonetheless, great social side with the free beer and bar crawl every night. Beds were hard but I think they are everywhere in Vietnam, it wasn't damp in the dorms when I was there but there was evidence of water damage. Very good for organising Halong Bay and Sapa tours. I would stay again but I would have preferred to stay in Central backpackers 3 as it is newer.

Liked it here, the Halong Bay tour was absolutely awesome! The staff were really lovely. The free beer was a bit hot so the head was huge, but who I am to complain, it was free after all.

Basic but friendly! Good staff, good location!

great place to meet people and helpful staff

Enjoyed my time here, staff were really friendly and welcoming! Free beer and bar crawl in the evenings was a good way to meet people! Bathroom was cleaned everyday and location was good! Only issue was our door didn't lock and neither did our bathroom door. But other than that, good hostel.

It's what you would expect did $5 a night. The bar was great and they are really helpful with organising tours and transport and stuff. Some of the doors to the dorms don't really close, so anyone could get in and I did see a mouse.

Good hostel, not in the main area where all the later night bars and clubs are but good location for sight seeing. Good clean rooms with nice bathrooms. Organised bar crawls from hostel to other bars and hostels, good place to stay for the night.

I enjoyed staying at this hostel. The location, in particular was really good. Also the staff was very friendly. There was also a lot of opportunities to make a lot of new friends.

Staff great Dorms good

Fantastic location. Staffed 24hrs, great friendly service, free beer from 7-8pm! Helped us with getting transportation to other destinations and great pick up service from the airport!

• 20th Jun 2015

Really helpful staff great for booking trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Great location.

Really appreciated that the airport pick up driver waited for us even though we were delayed coming in and thy lost our bags (took a while to file the report). We will be back when we have to pass through Hanoi again :)

• 4th Jun 2015