Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

16 Ly Quoc Su st., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

The hotel is full of people and not very clean in the bathroom.

good location, only few blocks from the Hoan Kiem lake. They have tour package with good price. average simply breakfast for 5$ a day wasn't really bad.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

My stay at the hostel was a very mixed experience. The hostel is cheap and has a good location. However, I booked tours to Sapa and Halong Bay through the reception and it was a mess. The breakfast is just a dry baguette with butter and jam..

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

The staff is super friendly!! They helped me a lot! The atmosphere is great, they organize good activities and you can have free beer at the bar! I highly recommend this hostel

I'd like to recommend Central Backpackers Hostel to everyone for the best location, value of money and very helpful staff! Thanks you and will be back again!:))

Good location in the centre of the old quarter. Staff were very friendly and helpful - booked a tour to Halong bay which was good but a little overpriced. Breakfast wasn't great - just a hollow baguette but it was free! Rooms were good but bathrooms weren't great - toilet leaked so smelt like urine. Overall good value for money and great atmosphere with free beer and lots of people to meet.

We stayed in a double room. It was very simple. Towels did not look very clean. Bathroom was not very clean either. We thought for just sleeping in the hostel would be ok. Breakfast was just a bread with a small jam. It did not look and taste good. When I saw a big rat walking down from the wall, we made the check-out and left the hostel.

• 17th Feb 2014

we just would like to explain to your review complain: we could guarantee that all of the towels we gave to our guest are clean and we are not as silly as we gave them the dirty towels?for the bathroom we did clean the room so i don't think the cleaner skip the bathroom?For Breakfast, its included in the price and we do offer Bread, jam, butter, and banana, and tea or coffee so what are they said itsn't true.For the rat why you can complain cause the rat just runing outside hostel?

We arrived in the evening and were excited by the atmosphere in the hostel as it was time for free beer! However, we were first given keys to a dorm room although we'd booked a private, and were then told we were staying in their 'other' hostel down the road. Here, the bed was the MOST uncomfortable we have ever slept in - all over the world! It was also so cold, but when requesting additional blankets, all they could offer was a staff members own duvet! Breakfast very average and no atmosphere.

Great dorms, hot showers! Happy hour where its easy to meet people. Happy with our stay here :)

The location is very good because it is near the Saint Joseph Cathedral and there are good cafes and restaurants nearby. All the staff were very kind and the one-day tour to Halong bay which they offered was great. But the facilities of the hostel are a little old and the dormitory room was stuffy with 8 beds in a small room and the clear sound from the bathroom was a little annoying. Anyway it is a good hostel when thinking of the cheap price.

Good location, nice room, great people.enjoyed staying there.The staff was very friendly and helpful, the owner asked for my feedback and offered me a free drink while I was waiting for a transaction.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Slovakia

We had the opportunity to stay in both Central and Central II. The 8-bed dorm was a typical dorm. Had nice bathroom with great shower. Free beer tastes horrible but it's free for an hour. Great common area, nice that they offer a free breakfast. Central II was quieter, our room was gorgeous, dark,

The hostel is well located in the old town of hanoi. We stayed there for 2 nights and then switched to the other central backpackers hostel which was nicer. Problem was that they send the people from both hostels to the bar here for the free beer thing - which turns out to a noisey place to stay in with loud drunken people all night long... Not that nice when you actually wanna go to sleep. Staff were not so helpful and a bit rude at times. Rooms are nice and clean.

Good place indeed. I enjoyed the breakfast though the coffee was terrible! The rooms are clean and internet works perfect...The guys in reception were very helpful, but I encourage you all to go to the Simi Cafe's around to get day trips and bus tickets. I paid 83USD for a one-night two-day trip to Halong Bay (they told me it was the good one, and it was quite good) only to later find out half the people on the boat had bought it at Simi Cafe and paid an average 50USD.

Great atmosphere and very friendly and helpful staff. The free beer was a great help in getting to meet other travelers in the hostel. An area for improvement would be to clean the mould from the walls and ceilings of room 5.

Great hostel to stay at! Amazing showers, early check in and nice simple breakfast.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Bathroom was a bit dirty and toilet flush wasn't working one day. Overall a good hostel in an amazing area. Offered a good halong bay tour!

• 7th Jan 2014

Bathrooms are disgusting in the rooms. The smell is unreal!!! They have two hostels and the new one has no good social area for beers. They arrange an amazing Ha Long Bay trip, I would recommend!

Hi David, We are so sorry for any problem you may have at our hostel. For the bathroom smell we have no idea why its smell cause you stayed in the private room, but anyway we will check and for sure will clean it and never be like that again. For the social area at our 2nd one?Yes, we did mention that we don't have bar there so that why everyone will join in the happy hour and free beer at our original one cross the street 100m.Thanks so much for your recommend our Halong trip!

Central Backpackers is a well-located hostel with wonderful staff. The dorms all face the street and have balconies, the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms nice. At $5 per night, including free beers during happy hour, this is the best hostel deal in town.

The shower is the best thing about staying in this hostel, the best shower I have used my whole trip! Very useful lift as well. Good atmosphere in the dorms and in the bar especially with the free beer hour. Slightly further out than most of the hostels but still an easy walk to the main strip, also easier to sleep as its quieter. Would reccommend.