Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

16 Ly Quoc Su st., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Staff great Dorms good

Fantastic location. Staffed 24hrs, great friendly service, free beer from 7-8pm! Helped us with getting transportation to other destinations and great pick up service from the airport!

• 20th Jun 2015

Really appreciated that the airport pick up driver waited for us even though we were delayed coming in and thy lost our bags (took a while to file the report). We will be back when we have to pass through Hanoi again :)

• 4th Jun 2015

The hostel was great. Friendly staff, awesome guests, cheap bar and a good breakfast. The AC needs to be properly working, though. I've stayed in two different rooms and one had a malfunctioning AC, which led to a rough night. Still, I've had a great stay.

Showers dirty

The staff here is so amazing they are the most helpful and always steer you in the right direction! only bad thing was wifi is spotty, which I personally don't mind being unconnected, and the water was not working all the time I was there which was annoying. never lasted more than a day tho, in the end I would stay there again for sure!

Great hostel to stay in, very very very friendly and staff :) comfortable beds and nice bathrooms. The free beer tastes a bit to much like vinegar for my liking but hey its free so who cares.

almost It was worthy to pay for a dorm, except that I found a cockroach on a floor. you'd better keep the room cleaner.

Just perfect for your last days in bangkok, because you are so close to the bts skytrain. So it's easy to get to the chatuchak market or the mbk and also to the airport raillink;) which is perfect for spending the days with shopping for very little money ;) the hostel itself is nice and there is a lot of nice streetfood, a supermarket and a 7eleven just around the corner. Plus, the hostel offers you fresh towels, which is nice for travellers too;)

Amazing! Did Sapa, Halong Bay, and Mai Chau tours through the hostel. All were awesome. The staff is great and so helpful. Eat from the Bahn Mi from lady in the alley with the graffiti. It will change your life.

Nice place, great location and sweet staff. Quite all right place.

My favorite hostel so far. The stuff is very nice and helpful. It is rather a small or medium sized hostel so it is easy to get to know other travellers. Especially, between 7 and 8 pm when everyone gathers in the Bar for the free beer.

Nice hostel overall. The movie room is great! Very comfortable and roomy (although many of the dvd's didn't work because they were scratched). Staff was very helpful and friendly.

Excellent front desk service, but it did not extend to the airport transfer car (I waited an hour for it to arrive, even if I communicated my flight details clearly). The elevator in the hostel smelled like a wet dog, my room smelled like a wet dog, and the floor was already clearly water damaged. The lockers were filthy, the sheets were unwashed, beds felt like entire blocks of wood covered with a sheet. Reserved for four nights, stayed only for one.

Really good value for money. Clean rooms and a nice bathroom. The elevator is nice plus. Good WiFi and a good English speaking and helpful staff. The beds are bit hard, but not as bad as some comments might suggest if you ask me. It can be much worse : )

Nice hostel. Though they have one hour free beers this is not a partyhostel. Beds were ok, shower smells. Not really a common area. Computers were really nice and the staff very friendly and helpfull.

Really nice clean hostel but the atmosphere is nowhere as good as in other hostels in the area, however free beer between 7 and 8 is great! The staff weren't the friendliest, but I liked the hostel overall.

Beds are a little hard, but the shower is amazing! (And hot!)

Was an okay hostel. Beds were rock hard. Bathroom smelt, but they kept it clean. Breakfast was mediocre. Wifi was bad, kept cutting out. Free beer. Big lockers. I preferred this area to the old part, a lot more quieter but only takes 5 minutes to get to the lake. The staff were great, especially Huong (?). Remembered everyone's names and what they were up to. It's what you pay for.

The staff are awesome and so helpful! Great atmosphere at night. Breakfast was really basic and the bathrooms smelled horrible of mold... But other than that, the location and hostel itself are fantastic!