Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

16 Ly Quoc Su st., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone, unless you like: pillows that feel like bricks, sleeping on something they call a matress but is more like cardboard (i actually had bruises on my hips...) bloodstains on your sheets, cleaning ladies sleeping in your bed, cleaning ladies entering your room at 8:30 (2,5 hours before check out!) walking in screaming and actually taking your personal stuff, irresponsible staff that is too drunk/hungover/ high on laughing gass to help you out. No, just no.

Great location, staff very helpful and good English, basic breakfast but free nonetheless, great social side with the free beer and bar crawl every night. Beds were hard but I think they are everywhere in Vietnam, it wasn't damp in the dorms when I was there but there was evidence of water damage. Very good for organising Halong Bay and Sapa tours. I would stay again but I would have preferred to stay in Central backpackers 3 as it is newer.

Liked it here, the Halong Bay tour was absolutely awesome! The staff were really lovely. The free beer was a bit hot so the head was huge, but who I am to complain, it was free after all.

great place to meet people and helpful staff

It's what you would expect did $5 a night. The bar was great and they are really helpful with organising tours and transport and stuff. Some of the doors to the dorms don't really close, so anyone could get in and I did see a mouse.

Good hostel, not in the main area where all the later night bars and clubs are but good location for sight seeing. Good clean rooms with nice bathrooms. Organised bar crawls from hostel to other bars and hostels, good place to stay for the night.

I enjoyed staying at this hostel. The location, in particular was really good. Also the staff was very friendly. There was also a lot of opportunities to make a lot of new friends.

Breakfast average, location good, the women that worked in the staff were extremely rude. The gentleman that ran the front was good and tried to help as much as possible. The cleaning ladies are very rude and will sleep in guests' beds when they are not present. I watched cleaning ladies sleep in beds of people when they were out of the room. I had headphones stolen off of my bed and only left the room for 15 minutes that whole day. Toilets took about five minutes to flush after every use.

Staff great Dorms good

Fantastic location. Staffed 24hrs, great friendly service, free beer from 7-8pm! Helped us with getting transportation to other destinations and great pick up service from the airport!

• 20th Jun 2015

Really helpful staff great for booking trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Great location.

Really appreciated that the airport pick up driver waited for us even though we were delayed coming in and thy lost our bags (took a while to file the report). We will be back when we have to pass through Hanoi again :)

• 4th Jun 2015

The hostel was great. Friendly staff, awesome guests, cheap bar and a good breakfast. The AC needs to be properly working, though. I've stayed in two different rooms and one had a malfunctioning AC, which led to a rough night. Still, I've had a great stay.

Showers dirty

The staff here is so amazing they are the most helpful and always steer you in the right direction! only bad thing was wifi is spotty, which I personally don't mind being unconnected, and the water was not working all the time I was there which was annoying. never lasted more than a day tho, in the end I would stay there again for sure!

Great hostel to stay in, very very very friendly and staff :) comfortable beds and nice bathrooms. The free beer tastes a bit to much like vinegar for my liking but hey its free so who cares.

almost It was worthy to pay for a dorm, except that I found a cockroach on a floor. you'd better keep the room cleaner.

Just perfect for your last days in bangkok, because you are so close to the bts skytrain. So it's easy to get to the chatuchak market or the mbk and also to the airport raillink;) which is perfect for spending the days with shopping for very little money ;) the hostel itself is nice and there is a lot of nice streetfood, a supermarket and a 7eleven just around the corner. Plus, the hostel offers you fresh towels, which is nice for travellers too;)

Amazing! Did Sapa, Halong Bay, and Mai Chau tours through the hostel. All were awesome. The staff is great and so helpful. Eat from the Bahn Mi from lady in the alley with the graffiti. It will change your life.

Nice place, great location and sweet staff. Quite all right place.