Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

16 Ly Quoc Su st., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Though the staff is friendly and the location of the hostel is good, the hostel is far from clean. The breakfast that is served leaves you hungry when you eat it. Also the shower in our room wasn't working. I wouldn't go back there a second time.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • svenjaraatjes

The staff was awesome! Super friendly and helpful. The free beer was a nice bonus, but they seemed to run out pretty early everynight.

Hi Arielle, Thank you very much for your lovely review of your stay with us! We also really sorry if some time the beer are run out but our guys they always offer the free BUCKET to sever everyone. is it right? you might forgot it after you drunk too much :). Best wish to you mate!

Great stay at this hostel. Love the free beer from 7:30-8:30 and easy to meet people during this time. Not the best breakfast, but for $5 a night, can't complain. Would definitely recommend.

Hi Tori, Thank you sooo much for your lovely review to our hostel and we will trying everyday to make sure the hostel getting better and better ..xx

Great hostel for $5 a night. People complaining here are nuts you get what you pay for. The rooms are clean and the air-con works.

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for your stayed with us and leaving your review about our hostel! We are so appreciate for your understanding bout us and about the real value of $5 hostel with free beer, free breakfast, wifi.. friendly and help full staff and happy to sort out all of your problem and answer any your question! Again, thanks so much Chris and hope to see you one day in the future at CBH!

Pretty standard hostel, in a good location. Big party scene and the rooms were a little cramped and dirty. WIFI didn't work that well in the rooms but the computers downstairs are pretty reliable.

Hi Natalie, thank you very much for for your stayed and leaving your review! Yep, we are 5 buck standard hostel if it not standard hostel i bet you will pay at least 2, 3 time more! You know the room getting cramped cause you and everyone in the dorm never let us open the window in 24h/day and sure it have to be dirty cause people in the dorm just through their all rubbish on the floor, even we have bin inside the room. We are so sorry for the wifi problem but we guarantee its really well now :)

Nice place, very typical for any backpackers hostel. Good vibe, free beer during happy hour and lot's of other travellers to meet! And they'll help you with any tour or travel plans you might have. They helped me out with a trip to Halong Bay and then to Sa Pa, of which the latter in particular was brilliant.

Nice staff, room clean, and free beer from 7 to 8 every night!!

Been living here for 5 weeks so I've gotten to know the place pretty well, The highlights have to be: 1. The excellent location (great restaurants nearby) (1 minute walk to St. Joseph's Cathedral) (5 mins to Hoan Kiem lake) 2. The super friendly staff (including the night guy who lets me in every night with a smile, even though I'm waking him up at 3 in the morning) 3. The other travellers; nothing brings people together quite like free beer

• 10th May 2014

Toi and his staff were awesome. They spoke English very well and got me set up with a taxi to take me to the airport. The happy hour with free beer was perfect to go and have a drink and meet other travelers before heading out for a night out in Hanoi. Highly recommend the hostel since it's in the middle of the Old Town where all the action happens.

• 21st Apr 2014

This place was pretty great. Lovely staff. I was worried that the free beer thing meant it was going to be a rowdy place, but actually it just provided the prefect environment to meet other backpackers. I got some of my best travelling tips from people I met here!

Couldn't fault this hostel! Great staff. Great location. Free beer for an hour every night. Decent travel agency prices and were helpful!! Sorted out my bus for hue and answered ALL my many questions!

The hotel is full of people and not very clean in the bathroom.

Dear Anh Nguyen, We are so sorry but our hostel almost fully book everyday and also so i think everyone looking to stay in the hostel just cause they want to meeting and make friend so hostel busy thats good sound and much easier for our guest to having more fun. I think cause you are Vietnamese so you might just don't hows the hostel should be? And we are really sorry for the batroom things as well and for sure we will imform to our cleaner to make nicer! Thanks for leaving your review!!

good location, only few blocks from the Hoan Kiem lake. They have tour package with good price. average simply breakfast for 5$ a day wasn't really bad.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

My stay at the hostel was a very mixed experience. The hostel is cheap and has a good location. However, I booked tours to Sapa and Halong Bay through the reception and it was a mess. The breakfast is just a dry baguette with butter and jam..

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

The staff is super friendly!! They helped me a lot! The atmosphere is great, they organize good activities and you can have free beer at the bar! I highly recommend this hostel

I'd like to recommend Central Backpackers Hostel to everyone for the best location, value of money and very helpful staff! Thanks you and will be back again!:))

Good location in the centre of the old quarter. Staff were very friendly and helpful - booked a tour to Halong bay which was good but a little overpriced. Breakfast wasn't great - just a hollow baguette but it was free! Rooms were good but bathrooms weren't great - toilet leaked so smelt like urine. Overall good value for money and great atmosphere with free beer and lots of people to meet.

We stayed in a double room. It was very simple. Towels did not look very clean. Bathroom was not very clean either. We thought for just sleeping in the hostel would be ok. Breakfast was just a bread with a small jam. It did not look and taste good. When I saw a big rat walking down from the wall, we made the check-out and left the hostel.

• 17th Feb 2014

we just would like to explain to your review complain: we could guarantee that all of the towels we gave to our guest are clean and we are not as silly as we gave them the dirty towels?for the bathroom we did clean the room so i don't think the cleaner skip the bathroom?For Breakfast, its included in the price and we do offer Bread, jam, butter, and banana, and tea or coffee so what are they said itsn't true.For the rat why you can complain cause the rat just runing outside hostel?

We arrived in the evening and were excited by the atmosphere in the hostel as it was time for free beer! However, we were first given keys to a dorm room although we'd booked a private, and were then told we were staying in their 'other' hostel down the road. Here, the bed was the MOST uncomfortable we have ever slept in - all over the world! It was also so cold, but when requesting additional blankets, all they could offer was a staff members own duvet! Breakfast very average and no atmosphere.

Great dorms, hot showers! Happy hour where its easy to meet people. Happy with our stay here :)