Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

16 Ly Quoc Su st., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Great atmosphere!

Common area a bit small and dark compared to others. Matresses were like a rock; I have found those on other hostels on my trip. The staff was super nice. I think with a little improvement in matress and renovation could look very cool. Actually there is a newer and nicer Backpackers Hostel II that I had the chance to visit and I would absolutely recommend over its older brother ;)

This hostel was great to stay at. Made some friends straight away at the free be drinks. Overall I was a pretty difficult customer due to constantly changing my mind, but the staff were brilliant. They were very patient and always took the time to answer my questions and help me get a good outcome. Highly recommended. Thanks to everyone at the hostel. Matt

Great Place. Nice Staff. Lockers not safe at all.

We had an awesome time here. Rooms and dorms are clean and free beer was awesome. Just didn't have hot water, but wasn't really a problem for us. The stuff was super friendly and helpful so all in all we were really happy for 5US$ per night! Going there again in a couple of days

Great stay! really friendly staff - An, phuong, and everyone else.

Great hostel overall, very friendly staff and a great atmosphere. However, the breakfast could include some vegetables (maybe cucumber or tomatoes etc...) and the beds were very hard

Very good quality for the price, but not the best hostel in Hanoi. If you want something cheap, this is a solid place to stay (and the free beer hour makes meeting people very easy). However, there is not a lot of common space.

There was no hot water on the fifth floor and the toilet didn't work on the fourth floor. The shower room smelled. It's a five dollar hostel so keep your standards low. They are quick to apologize, but the facility as a whole needs work. Free beer each night was nice and you can have a bread and coffee for free. Wouldn't stay again.

Great hostel. Clean, safe, friendly staff and close to the old quarter that is easily accessible by foot. Great stay here for Christmas. The staff knew how to make everyone feel like the hostel was a home away from home over the holiday period.

we had no water on the bathrooms for two out of three days of our stay. the common area is a dungeon, it looks always dirty as well as the rooms but you only are paying 5 dollars : / the staff is really friendly you may be draw by the free beer but you can get that in other hostels with other perks. good for party and in dirtiness

Hi Julio, Thank so much for take time to review our hostel! The water problem we did imform everyone that its not just our hostel and there are no water for all of the area but it only for 2,3hour for that few day and its problem of the city and our goverment so only thing we could do is wish itsn't happend again:). we hope you and everyone will understand for us! for cleaning we do daily so i have no idea whats standard of your clean? we will you will enjoy your next trip. Regards!

Stayed there a whole week, loved the one hour of free beer every night!

This place has 2 buildings about 100 meters from each other. The bunk beds are small but plenty of room in the dorm with lockers. My friend had his own room which was roomy, had its own bathroom. The staff are very helpful with booking tours and other information about the city. Lots of people hanging out, easy to meet fellow travelers. They have free beer for 1 hour every night, usually gets the party going. Recommended for backpackers, people looking to mingle and someone cost continues.

The hostel was very well located with lots of places to grab food and buy stuff nearby. The room was small but pretty clean and everyone had his own locker. They offered free beer for one hour in the evening, breaky was included (nothing special, but still...), staff was helpful for both tours and transfer to and from the airport: it's hard to ask for more for 5$!

This hostel is great to meet other people. The only thing I didn't like was that it was aloud to smoke inside the bar. The location is great and the rooms are okay. The beds are really hard... The staff is friendly and willing to help you.

Nice, clean, great bathrooms! Friendly staff 😄

Ideal location in the old quarter, helpful and knowledgeable staff, best boss in the business. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

A great place to stay in Hanoi, near to tourist attractions. Good social areas and helpful staff. The rooms were very comfy although our door didn't lock but a locker was provided with a key from the hostel.

Very important thing -staff speak English!!! It was very nice to stay there. Place has very nice location. Walking distance to all important places. Rooms were clean and had balcony :) Breakfast was ok, regular one - eggs or jam!

Rooms were cleaned daily, hot showers, friendly staff and of course free beer (no one said it had to be nice beer) Not a noisey place as bar shuts at 11pm, so you can still get an early night if needed. I booked Ha Long bay through the hostel and it was worth it. Prices are competitive with those out in the street. I'd recommend this to anyone.