Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Noradeth Road, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Average hostel; free breakfast is good. Beds are really hard!

Really good hostel, free breakfast which is great. Perfectly located but the bed was hard as a rock, the floor probably would of been more comfortable.

Nice place we got a free upgrade so very pleased with that!!

Had such a great stay here. Met some really lovely people who I stayed with for some of my travels. I booked the party cruise through them and had such a fun time! All round social vibe but also a place to chill out too. Only complaint is the bed - so so hard, had to cocoon myself in the duvet :)

Great little hostel we paid for a dorm but ended up in a private room! Breakfast was yum! Wifi very temperamental if you could connect! Not far from main markets!

Just the average hostel. It seemed clean enough. However the beds were very uncomfortable. Close to the night market.

Wifi works, common area is pretty clean, good breakfast, water pressure for the shower is not bad.

Was decent little hostel! Meet a lot of people in the common area, would definitely go back there.

staff barely spoke English, didn't give any information when arrived at hostel. never cleaned room and there was no toilet paper, luckily I brought my own. no lock on the door so people could just come in when they pleased and the staff didn't mind at all. I think it would have been more comfortable to sleep on the floor than the beds, room only had one light so was really dark. they turn the aircon off every morning regardless of if your in the room and you have to ask them at night.

nice place with a very international atmosphere as people from all over the world are living there. Easy but clean rooms, good breakfast.

Not particularly clean, our room was dark and no windows and they promised to fix one of the broken lights which didn't happen. No atmosphere in the 'social' area. My highlight was handing in for the laundry service...only for the hostel to LOSE all my clothes. The compensation was free accommodation which didn't cover probably a pair of underwear.

Poor hostel with really uncomfortable beds, poor cleaning facilities and to top it off the staff managed to loose a whole bag of my friends laundry! I also received mine half wet... The breakfast wasn't too bad but there was no atmosphere at all unfortunately

I met some really cool people here, so personally had a great stay. The good bits are that the complimentary breakfast is good, unlimited tea and coffee, and it's not a bad place to meet people at all. The bad would be that there's only a couple of bathrooms to be shared for a 10 bed dorm, and it's a bit off the main street (not too long though, just 5-10 mins walking). Would stay here again if I'm ever in Luang Prabang again.

The staff was pretty friendly and accommodating. Aside the the free breakfast, the facilities are a little lacking, but you get what you pay for.

Very friendly sland helpfull staff.

Very good atmosphere and breakfast. Hostel is not too big so easy to meet people. Location is a 5-10 min walk from nightmarket. Looks like staff doesn't write down anything if you want to stay longer or want to book a bus, but in the end didn't have any problems with it.

Good standard hostel. No complaints. Staff was helpful with planning excursions.

BED BUGS! I told the reception of the problem, they moved me to other bed ( with bugs as well) and immediately gave this bed to the new customer.

Breakfast was good, and the room we had was nice. I would recommend to others

• 14th Jul 2015

Rude staff. Booked a bed for two nights but when I arrived they gave my bed away. Ants in my bed. Basic showers. Not very clean. Good breakfast. Had lockers and basic wifi.

View all Luang Prabang Hostels