Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Noradeth Road, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Wonderful hostel for backpackers A good hostel with helpful staffs, the beds were clean and comfortable, toilets were also clean, specially they served us with tea and coffee all day. Highly recommend.

• 10th Sep 2014

This place is great! Very, very clean. Great location. Highly recommend it!

Really loved this hostel. Had trouble finding it as our cab driver dropped us off nowhere near it but once we did find it we were pleasantly suprised. Welcoming staff. Great breakfast. Clean rooms and just an all around great vibe!!

Staff are nice. Toilet and room are quite clean. The 4-bed dorm is nice, not the best but I'm satisfied. The hostel offers good atmosphere to meet fellow travelers. Only problem is the wifi as often times it's hard to connect. not sure if it's because of too many people connected at the same time, hope it can be improved. but generally, i had a pleasant 4 night stay.

I would love to leave a positive review but unfortunately my kindle was stolen from my bed shortly after the room being serviced. Communicating the problem was hard as the two men spoke 0 English. After numerous emails I've still had no response no apology nothing! Dorm one has a major leak problem so when you clean your teeth/use the loo you get constantly dripped on and its smells. Really unpleasant. Location too far away from main town. Also v. Noisey. Overall disappointed and upset!

Spent 6 nights at this place and i liked my stay loads because of the people. Was one of the most social guesthouses during my trip and i met many people. Spent my first 2 nights at a 4 bed dorm which was alright. I canged the rooms because i needed a bit silence. There were many guests coming in the mid of the night from partying and were very loud. I had some cockroaches in my bed and the staff was friendly but not very helpful as they just gave me antimoskito spray. Breakfast was brilliant

Yes the beds are hard as rocks but seriously for $5 a day with a nice made to order breakfast, you can't be too picky. Good atmosphere for solo travelers and close enough to town. Good place to stay for a few days.

At the end of the day you are travelling through SE Asia so the price you pay to have a roof over your head is fine. My room was incredibly dark and the bathroom roof was leaking so wverything was constantly wet. Before I had even slept in my bed the sheets had hair all over them which certainly was not mine. The breakfast was Amazing though and the hostels in close proximity to the night markets. I met some awesome people in the lobby who too were trying to access the wifi.

I stayed in this hostel for over a week while I was recovering from a moped accident. I was booked into a private room with the comfiest bed I've slept in in 3 months. The lady on reception could not have been better she was kind and friendly and always going out of her way to help me. The breakfast was good and if I was late she would still make me some. The communal atmosphere is good and I met some great people. Location could be better but it's an easy walk or cheap tuk tuk to the centre.

we stayed in the 4 bed dorm with an ensuite bathroom, pretty basic. the beds are your typical hard mattresses, and they were exceedingly loud; every slight movement was echoed throughout the room. the breakfast included was quite nice, had a variety of options. free (instant) coffee and tea all day was a nice touch. the staff weren't overly helpful, but the one younger guy was very friendly!

I was in the 4 bed dorm behind reception so wifi worked well in that room. Everyone else had to go to the lobby. Free breakfast was baguette bread and eggs. My room had aircon. The toilet did not have a toilet seat. Basic hostel. Fairly easy to meet people in the lobby, esp. As eveyone is looking for ppl to go to the waterfall with them (150 baht). Only 2 of the staff really know english to be able to help you out with questions.

A lovely family runs this hostel. It's basic but cosy and social. Great breakfast and super close to the main street!

We had booked in advance and when we arrived they had no room, they put us in a hotel near by. The next day we stay in there place we didn't like this. Breakfast is good

Best hostel we have stayed at so far on our SE Asia trip, bit pricier than the others we stopped at but for what you pay the facilities and standard are great. Staff friendly and helpful, wifi, air con and showers all worked perfectly. Would recommend.

Very happy with the atmosphere, location, and the room I got!

The 12 bed dorm room was really smelly and a bit dirty. The showers and toilet were much the same. The staff weren't very helpful. The breakfast was good though. Lots of people stayed here so it was good for meeting people.

Breakfast is great. Dorm only has one room with shower AND sink AND toilet. Owners aren't particularly helpful. Water is cheaper across the road. Location is near the night market. Private rooms are very clean and ever bed has a big locker (BYO padlock)

The area was good, and it was clean even though it was basic and the aircond was good. However, the guy at the desk was rude and surly throughout the stay. It's ok if he didn't understand English very well but he was really rude

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Macedonia

Wifi was broken while I was there and there are no locks on the doors of the dorms. Met nice people but not lot to do in hostel just like the whole town.

The hostel is a little farther from the main area than I was expecting, but still a pretty short walk. The bathrooms were pretty awful though-they were dirty all the time, the toilet paper felt like crepe paper, and there was only one sink/mirror for everyone staying downstairs. The staff also didn't seem very organized-we checked in really late and they said they had no record of our reservation. We argued and wound up sleeping in the hall :/

« first « Prev 1 2 3