Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Noradeth Road, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Didn't stay here in the end as when we arrived loads of the guests had bed bug bites...

I only stayed at Central Backpackers for one night, but because they overbooked the dorms my friend and I were put in a private, so I cant complain. The room and the hostel was clean. The staff was nice and helpful. The only bad thing was that the wifi was non-existent.

Loved it here

Hostel was in a pretty good location, not too far from the night market. But the beds were rock hard and the air con in the room didn't really work at all. Showers/toilets were okay, except one of the lights was broken for two days so it couldn't really be used. Wifi was horrible, was only able to use it if no one else was around, couldn't even connect half the time. There was free breakfast in the morning, which was actually quite good.

The breakfast is amazing. But there are only 2 toiletts for the dorms and one of them was nearly always clogged. The one evening four People with a booking came in but all beds were allready taken. The stuff was not even sorry for the overbooking and send them just away to search another place....

I booked for two nights. When I arrived they said they where fully booked, so I slept on a matress on the floor. The second night they also wanted me to stay on the floor, But I took a bed myself, what wasn't cleaned. The place is very open and our dorm could'nt be locked.

Pretty average hostel. Stayed one night in a 4 bed dorm w/ bathroom which was nice. Stayed another night in the 12 bed dorm w/o bathroom. Not as nice. If recommend doing the 4 bed if you're going to stay here. The location is close enough to the tourist area, no problem with that. But it is across from a mechanic. Not really noisy, just unsightly if you plan on hanging around the hostel, which I did not.

Beds a little hard but still managed a good nights sleep. Showers amongst the best i've had in all of SE Asia. Nice breakfast. Dorm room was unlocked all day as nobody appeared to be given keys, but decent sized lockers underneath the beds. Wifi rarely worked in lobby area and signal doesnt go as far as dorms even when it did. Guy on reception is pretty grumpy and hostel has very little atmosphere to speak of, but nowhere in LP seemed to be lively. Shame cos the hostel has potential.

Good hostel not too far from the center. Breakfast was good and free. WIFI didnt work in many ocations.

I stayed in a private bedroom. The other facilities seemed quite toned down and lacking. Breakfast at the hostel was really worthwhile and helped make my trip in Laos better. Hostel otherwise wasn't terrible. Just get a private suite, as I heard complaints throughout for the dorms. The staff double booked our rooms - we asked to extend and the guy nodded, but did nothing about it until they asked us to check out. We had to argue that we extended our room and it was approved already.

The private rooms were great, very comfy bed. Only problem we really had here was getting the bus when we were leaving. We signed up the night before for the 930 bus but the front desk guy didn't tell us it actually came at 830. So we missed that bus and then went to the station where the bus company said the hotel didn't book enough tickets even though we all paid for a ticket and then our bus was overbooked. Oh well.

The vibe of this place is great, plus awesome artwork! The guy on reception wasn't very friendly though and seemed to find everything too much of a task, although both women were really lovely. The room was decent, clean and comfortable although the locker under my bed didn't lock properly as the attachment on the doors didn't fit. The food was nice, even when I was a little late for breakfast they still offered it to me. Movie room is lovely and comfortable! More toilets and showers needed.

We highly recommend this place. Atmosphere was really great, Friendly Staff and convinient location.

Good value backpackers, there are plenty of budget hotels and guesthouses to pick from.

We stayed in a private room. Room was great, lockers provided downstairs and staff were friendly. We are staying here again when we go back to Luang Prabang.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful in any matters. Thank you big time!!

Not much of an atmosphere or place to hang out. The beds and showers were great though.

The breakfast included in the price was okay. The double room was nice but there were some small bugs in the toilet.

nice and friendly Place to stay for litle Money. Break fast included is a good one. Free bananas, tea and coffie all tje time. Nice guests. Fine value för Money.

For what you pay this hostel is totally fine. The staff are lovely and free breakfast was delicious. However the beds are like rocks and our bathroom was broken (light and toilet) and informed the staff and it wasnt fixed. The location is pretty good (10 min walk from night market area).

View all Luang Prabang Hostels