Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Noradeth Road, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos

As everybody has mentioned the wifi is pretty terrible (welcome to Laos), but at least this means that a lot of people come to the common area to try and connect to it and it becomes a nice social area. No key is given for the dorm room and as far as I could see the front door wasn't locked at night. Accommodation is basic, you get what you pay the cheap prices for, it's great how cold the rooms are at night although the mattresses are very hard. Not bad at all for the low cost.

I personally loved it here. Rooms were surprisingly okay considering the cheap price. Location was central and staff helped book buses and trains to different places. The 'help yourself' free tea and coffee at any time of the day was a godsend! And the breakfast in the morning was nice and filling and really good again considering the price of the hostel!

Unlike other reviews the wifi was good for us. Really good breakfast. Got over booked so we were put in a private room which was really nice!

Comfortable bed, fairly good location. The bed had clearly been slept in before we had arrived and not changed, and the owner seemed pretty pissed off he had guests.

Cancelled booking

Very basic hostel, not particularly clean, when we first arrived our bathroom was full of Mosquitos and there was also a huge cockroach running about in our room however we got some insect repellant from the staff which seem to do the job and the owner was more than happy to take care of the cockroach! The bathroom also had an ants nest but they were no bother. Breakfast was great which made the stay worthwhile, location was good, near to many bars and restaurants and also the night market.

Wet. I thought they were decent aircon and that

Didn't stay here in the end as when we arrived loads of the guests had bed bug bites...

I only stayed at Central Backpackers for one night, but because they overbooked the dorms my friend and I were put in a private, so I cant complain. The room and the hostel was clean. The staff was nice and helpful. The only bad thing was that the wifi was non-existent.

Central Backpackers was a great place to stay. There is a good atmosphere here. People are always out drinking beer at night. The breakfast is excellent. The hostel is very clean. I stayed in a four-bed dorm and became close with all of my roommates. The place is very clean. Good location. The only downside is that the staff is relatively unfriendly, and does not like to be bothered by guests when asked questions. However, I still highly recommend.

Loved it here

Horrible WiFi. not a very nice lounge/common area.

Hostel was in a pretty good location, not too far from the night market. But the beds were rock hard and the air con in the room didn't really work at all. Showers/toilets were okay, except one of the lights was broken for two days so it couldn't really be used. Wifi was horrible, was only able to use it if no one else was around, couldn't even connect half the time. There was free breakfast in the morning, which was actually quite good.

The breakfast is amazing. But there are only 2 toiletts for the dorms and one of them was nearly always clogged. The one evening four People with a booking came in but all beds were allready taken. The stuff was not even sorry for the overbooking and send them just away to search another place....

I booked for two nights. When I arrived they said they where fully booked, so I slept on a matress on the floor. The second night they also wanted me to stay on the floor, But I took a bed myself, what wasn't cleaned. The place is very open and our dorm could'nt be locked.

Pretty average hostel. Stayed one night in a 4 bed dorm w/ bathroom which was nice. Stayed another night in the 12 bed dorm w/o bathroom. Not as nice. If recommend doing the 4 bed if you're going to stay here. The location is close enough to the tourist area, no problem with that. But it is across from a mechanic. Not really noisy, just unsightly if you plan on hanging around the hostel, which I did not.

Beds a little hard but still managed a good nights sleep. Showers amongst the best i've had in all of SE Asia. Nice breakfast. Dorm room was unlocked all day as nobody appeared to be given keys, but decent sized lockers underneath the beds. Wifi rarely worked in lobby area and signal doesnt go as far as dorms even when it did. Guy on reception is pretty grumpy and hostel has very little atmosphere to speak of, but nowhere in LP seemed to be lively. Shame cos the hostel has potential.

Good hostel not too far from the center. Breakfast was good and free. WIFI didnt work in many ocations.

I stayed in a private bedroom. The other facilities seemed quite toned down and lacking. Breakfast at the hostel was really worthwhile and helped make my trip in Laos better. Hostel otherwise wasn't terrible. Just get a private suite, as I heard complaints throughout for the dorms. The staff double booked our rooms - we asked to extend and the guy nodded, but did nothing about it until they asked us to check out. We had to argue that we extended our room and it was approved already.

The private rooms were great, very comfy bed. Only problem we really had here was getting the bus when we were leaving. We signed up the night before for the 930 bus but the front desk guy didn't tell us it actually came at 830. So we missed that bus and then went to the station where the bus company said the hotel didn't book enough tickets even though we all paid for a ticket and then our bus was overbooked. Oh well.

View all Luang Prabang Hostels