Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Noradeth Road, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Good standard hostel. No complaints. Staff was helpful with planning excursions.

BED BUGS! I told the reception of the problem, they moved me to other bed ( with bugs as well) and immediately gave this bed to the new customer.

Breakfast was good, and the room we had was nice. I would recommend to others

• 14th Jul 2015

Standard backpacking hostel. We took the private room which was a good bit more expensive to the nearby guesthouses. Security wasn't great as anyone could walk in when the receptionist was sleeping. But on the other hand we were able to check in at 3 am. Everyone congregates at the lobby for breakfast and throughout the day, so it's very sociable.

One of the more average hostels I've stayed at on my travels. By no means the worst, but everything was pretty standard. Comfy bed, with A/C. And one of the showers is the best I've had in South East Asia. However, door was always unlocked and could be a bit of a worry in terms of security. Nice enough for a standard backpacker hostel.

Excellent Breakfast and very helpfull staff,Nice location esy to walk to nice Market and river,HI RECOMEND THIS PLACE..

The breakfast was good for paying $4/night. The front desk staff seemed pretty incompetent and unorganized when it came to payments and booking buses.

The free breakfast is nice especially for this price. Lots of backpackers in the main wifi area ;-)

Grotty. Do not understand how the place received good ratings. Do your self a favour and pay a teeny tiny bit extra to stay somewhere else. Do not advise staying there. Only positive is the other travellers so it had a decent vibe. But the staff could not give a sh*t.

We stay in the four beds dorn. Pretty nice and valued the money spent. A little hard to find when u reach Luang Prabang at first coz TukTuk will let you out at the market. You have to look at the map and walk about 10 minute. Hostel is across from Luang Prabang Legend Hotel. A little local shop around the corner was pretty cheap for snack. And we love the fact that we could help ourself with tea anytime. :) And checkout MuKrata (buffe grilled) 'Zin-Dat' by the river.

• 26th May 2015
  • Thailand

This place is the main backpacker spot in Luang Prabang thus make sure to book in advance if you want to stay there. Apart from that the hostel is pretty much average but definitely best value.

As everybody has mentioned the wifi is pretty terrible (welcome to Laos), but at least this means that a lot of people come to the common area to try and connect to it and it becomes a nice social area. No key is given for the dorm room and as far as I could see the front door wasn't locked at night. Accommodation is basic, you get what you pay the cheap prices for, it's great how cold the rooms are at night although the mattresses are very hard. Not bad at all for the low cost.

I personally loved it here. Rooms were surprisingly okay considering the cheap price. Location was central and staff helped book buses and trains to different places. The 'help yourself' free tea and coffee at any time of the day was a godsend! And the breakfast in the morning was nice and filling and really good again considering the price of the hostel!

Unlike other reviews the wifi was good for us. Really good breakfast. Got over booked so we were put in a private room which was really nice!

Comfortable bed, fairly good location. The bed had clearly been slept in before we had arrived and not changed, and the owner seemed pretty pissed off he had guests.

Cancelled booking

Very basic hostel, not particularly clean, when we first arrived our bathroom was full of Mosquitos and there was also a huge cockroach running about in our room however we got some insect repellant from the staff which seem to do the job and the owner was more than happy to take care of the cockroach! The bathroom also had an ants nest but they were no bother. Breakfast was great which made the stay worthwhile, location was good, near to many bars and restaurants and also the night market.

Wet. I thought they were decent aircon and that

Didn't stay here in the end as when we arrived loads of the guests had bed bug bites...

I only stayed at Central Backpackers for one night, but because they overbooked the dorms my friend and I were put in a private, so I cant complain. The room and the hostel was clean. The staff was nice and helpful. The only bad thing was that the wifi was non-existent.

View all Luang Prabang Hostels