Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Noradeth Road, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Reasonable hotel for the price you pay. All in all good, especially the breakfast.

You get what you pay for - nothing too bad, but nothing too special either. Free water, tea, and coffee all day long. Beds are kind of hard but expected for Laos. Woman in the morning is very helpful and free basic breakfast. Bring warm clothes cause it gets cold!

There were cockroaches in the bedroom, our room wasn't cleaned during our whole stay (4 nights), they didn't even empty the trash bin and restock toilet paper, we had to ask for it. The wifi didn't work most of the time. However, evertyime we asked for something the staff was nice.

We stayed at Kousavan Hostel before and were disappointed with our stay here. The atmosphere is nice but in comparison it wasn't as nice. The floor in the toilets were gross and you go shoeless around the hostel...it was okay

Cheap bed in a good hostel. I stayed in a 4 bed room with private bathroom. Breakfast is good and included. They offer laundry and minivan service. 10 min walk to night market and utopia bar.

The choice of breakfast, the location, 10min walk to city, quiet location, friendly and helpful staffs. Good room, good facilities, nice backpacker, clean and tidy.

• 12th Nov 2014

Nice guesthouse with everything you need at walking distance. Bus and tour service also good. Staff speaks English. Would stay here again.

Noisey backpackers singing late in the night caused the worst nights sleep of our holiday. We moved after 1st night to the hotel we thought we booked owned by the same person. The booking process through HostelWorld was not honest and we will never use them again.

• 4th Nov 2014

Loved the stay, the location could be more central but its a small town and can be done by walking. Excellent value!

The location was quite far out of town. Our bathroom was very damp and there was no toilet seat. The room was damp also.

4 bed dorm was good with ensuite, awesome showers, hot and powerful! Internet pretty poor, free tea and coffee and good breakfast which was included. 10minute walk to town, easy to meet people.

Really good place to stay, travellers were friendly, staff was nice, and overall atmosphere was perfect.

I booked an airport pickup, which did not happen. I requested a female dorm and was put in a male dorm that ended up being someone else's bed because they were so disorganized. She was then moved to a different bed, who also belonged to someone else and ended up having to sleep with her friend. The common room was really close and very noisy late at night. Wifi was hardly working and took over an hour to send a simple email.

• 25th Sep 2014

Wonderful hostel for backpackers A good hostel with helpful staffs, the beds were clean and comfortable, toilets were also clean, specially they served us with tea and coffee all day. Highly recommend.

• 10th Sep 2014

This place is great! Very, very clean. Great location. Highly recommend it!

Really loved this hostel. Had trouble finding it as our cab driver dropped us off nowhere near it but once we did find it we were pleasantly suprised. Welcoming staff. Great breakfast. Clean rooms and just an all around great vibe!!

Staff are nice. Toilet and room are quite clean. The 4-bed dorm is nice, not the best but I'm satisfied. The hostel offers good atmosphere to meet fellow travelers. Only problem is the wifi as often times it's hard to connect. not sure if it's because of too many people connected at the same time, hope it can be improved. but generally, i had a pleasant 4 night stay.

I would love to leave a positive review but unfortunately my kindle was stolen from my bed shortly after the room being serviced. Communicating the problem was hard as the two men spoke 0 English. After numerous emails I've still had no response no apology nothing! Dorm one has a major leak problem so when you clean your teeth/use the loo you get constantly dripped on and its smells. Really unpleasant. Location too far away from main town. Also v. Noisey. Overall disappointed and upset!

Spent 6 nights at this place and i liked my stay loads because of the people. Was one of the most social guesthouses during my trip and i met many people. Spent my first 2 nights at a 4 bed dorm which was alright. I canged the rooms because i needed a bit silence. There were many guests coming in the mid of the night from partying and were very loud. I had some cockroaches in my bed and the staff was friendly but not very helpful as they just gave me antimoskito spray. Breakfast was brilliant

Yes the beds are hard as rocks but seriously for $5 a day with a nice made to order breakfast, you can't be too picky. Good atmosphere for solo travelers and close enough to town. Good place to stay for a few days.

View all Luang Prabang Hostels