Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Noradeth Road, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Not a great hostel, but it was ok. Dorms are not very clean, wonder if they clean them. Staff looked uninterested, the tv and computer were more interesting to them. Security is not great, but there are lockers. Wifi is poor .

Good hostel, wifi working in the communal area. Great location, stayed in a shared room, bed was really comfortable, good AC. Great value for money.

Stayed in the 4 bed dorm. Bit noisy from the common area next door. Reasonable size room. Bathroom average. Nice friendly staff, free tea and coffee all day and good wifi and breakfast.

The hostel is pretty basic. The room was okay (a bit smelly, but probably because I was in the big dorm). The common area is not great: old huge furniture and not enough seats for everybody. As others said, the toilets are filthy and one of them didn't work for the whole of my stay (7 days). The staff though is very helpful, the breakfast (included) really good and there's free tea and coffee all day long! Good value for money and 5m walk to the night market/center

everything excellent!

We initially only booked to stay here for two nights as we'd read a few negative reviews however we liked our room and the fact that breakfast was included so stayed for five nights in total. One evening was noisy as people stayed in the communal area chatting until 5am, however being upstairs and using earplugs meant it didn't affect us too much. Overall a good stay.

In terms of facilities, the hostel is decent. You get free water, free breakfast, free banana, free tea, free coffee. The locker is decent. They also have a minivan for a trip to Kuang Si Falls. The downside is the cleanliness. They don't clean the toilets very frequently - by night, the toilet gets really filthy. Between three toilets, there are only two showers, two sinks, and two toilet bowls. It's also quite a walk from all attractions - 15 min to Royal Palace, 30 min to Wat Xieng Thong.

My dorm room underbed locker didn't have a lock which was unfortunate but otherwise great stay. Breakfast took alittle long to come out but wasn't a problem because I was never in a hurry.

• 25th Dec 2015

Not the best hostel in town really, is a little bit far compare to others but still ok, bathrooms are occasionally clean but not really dirty. Staff is very nice but their lack of English kinda makes everything hard, also they room management is a mess, I was "relocated" during my 2nd night cause they simply sold my bed to another traveler. I found a cockroach in my bag so avoid leaving your staff in the lockers down the beds.

The hostel is a bit hard to find. There is basically no security. the dorm room doors are never locked. Many of the lockers provided dont open/close or lock. That being said, the wifi is fast, the staff is friendly and the banana pancakes were great! Good atmosphere to meet people. About a 10 minute walk to the night markets. Mind your shoes, some peoples got stolen from outside.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! booked a 4 bed, ended up in 12 bed because overbooked as per other reviews! this happend to nearly every person who came. Terrible wifi that doesn't work. Staff are extremely rude. Broken unsecure lockers. Rooms don't have locked doors. One toilet and shower for whole floor. Lobby is dirty with hard wooden chairs (not a place to meet people). I'd rather sleep on the streets next time. Absolute joke and rip off. Staff tried to take my deposit and argued against it.

Great free breakfast. Staff organized any transport you need to the waterfalls or to other Lao cities. Wifi was good in lobby, none in rooms however. I think in general travelers need to relax when coming to southeast asia. This isn't North America or Europe and everything's not always going to be perfect. Just go with it and enjoy your time here.

Bathroom was nasty. Beds were okay. Breakfast was nothing great. I guess for a cheap hostel it's what you expect but the staff never got off their phones or stopped watching tv. Alright location. Wouldn't stay here again though.

A good hostel. I stayed in a private room as all dorms had booked out and it was nicer than some hotel rooms I've been in. Very clean with a modern bathroom. Breakfast was good, the usual hostel fare.

THE SHOWER IS AMAZING! Treated ourselves to a private room; was lovely. Didn't get the twin beds as asked but we didn't mind sharing a king. Breakfast was pretty good, the guy that runs it is pretty nice. Bizarre water prices; the lady charges 15k but the man charges 5k.... also the random laoswegians sleeping in the reception - bit odd but I'm guessing it's for security?

Would have really enjoyed this hostel, good location, good breakfast, good wifi. If it wasn't for the fact that when we arrived after getting off a 28 hour bus they said they'd overbooked and walked us to another hostel for night. Told us to come back at 7am but then we couldn't check in until 11:30am. They also didn't take deposit off when we paid so look out for that

Great hostel to stay in, not far from the night market and food places. They let us stay a few days longer without a problem which was good. Staff are lovely. Only problem no locks for the bedroom door although there are lockers. Wifi doesn't stretch to the rooms

Average hostel; free breakfast is good. Beds are really hard!

Stayed in the 6 bed dorm and it was nice! Free breakfast a bonus! I've stayed at better hostels but it seems that the standard of hostels in Laos is pretty average anyway. I put my clothes in the laundry and couldn't stress enough that I wanted my whites washed separately...but they still came back ruined and stained! I managed to get my money back though but would have still liked my clothes to be clean more!

Was a great place to stay to meet other travellers the cleanliness was good. The only problem I found that my locker key opened up every security box which was worrying. Hope you fix this problem soon.

View all Luang Prabang Hostels