Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Noradeth Road, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Was decent little hostel! Meet a lot of people in the common area, would definitely go back there.

staff barely spoke English, didn't give any information when arrived at hostel. never cleaned room and there was no toilet paper, luckily I brought my own. no lock on the door so people could just come in when they pleased and the staff didn't mind at all. I think it would have been more comfortable to sleep on the floor than the beds, room only had one light so was really dark. they turn the aircon off every morning regardless of if your in the room and you have to ask them at night.

nice place with a very international atmosphere as people from all over the world are living there. Easy but clean rooms, good breakfast.

Not particularly clean, our room was dark and no windows and they promised to fix one of the broken lights which didn't happen. No atmosphere in the 'social' area. My highlight was handing in for the laundry service...only for the hostel to LOSE all my clothes. The compensation was free accommodation which didn't cover probably a pair of underwear.

Poor hostel with really uncomfortable beds, poor cleaning facilities and to top it off the staff managed to loose a whole bag of my friends laundry! I also received mine half wet... The breakfast wasn't too bad but there was no atmosphere at all unfortunately

I met some really cool people here, so personally had a great stay. The good bits are that the complimentary breakfast is good, unlimited tea and coffee, and it's not a bad place to meet people at all. The bad would be that there's only a couple of bathrooms to be shared for a 10 bed dorm, and it's a bit off the main street (not too long though, just 5-10 mins walking). Would stay here again if I'm ever in Luang Prabang again.

The staff was pretty friendly and accommodating. Aside the the free breakfast, the facilities are a little lacking, but you get what you pay for.

Very friendly sland helpfull staff.

Very good atmosphere and breakfast. Hostel is not too big so easy to meet people. Location is a 5-10 min walk from nightmarket. Looks like staff doesn't write down anything if you want to stay longer or want to book a bus, but in the end didn't have any problems with it.

Good standard hostel. No complaints. Staff was helpful with planning excursions.

BED BUGS! I told the reception of the problem, they moved me to other bed ( with bugs as well) and immediately gave this bed to the new customer.

Breakfast was good, and the room we had was nice. I would recommend to others

• 14th Jul 2015

Rude staff. Booked a bed for two nights but when I arrived they gave my bed away. Ants in my bed. Basic showers. Not very clean. Good breakfast. Had lockers and basic wifi.

Standard backpacking hostel. We took the private room which was a good bit more expensive to the nearby guesthouses. Security wasn't great as anyone could walk in when the receptionist was sleeping. But on the other hand we were able to check in at 3 am. Everyone congregates at the lobby for breakfast and throughout the day, so it's very sociable.

One of the more average hostels I've stayed at on my travels. By no means the worst, but everything was pretty standard. Comfy bed, with A/C. And one of the showers is the best I've had in South East Asia. However, door was always unlocked and could be a bit of a worry in terms of security. Nice enough for a standard backpacker hostel.

Excellent Breakfast and very helpfull staff,Nice location esy to walk to nice Market and river,HI RECOMEND THIS PLACE..

The breakfast was good for paying $4/night. The front desk staff seemed pretty incompetent and unorganized when it came to payments and booking buses.

The free breakfast is nice especially for this price. Lots of backpackers in the main wifi area ;-)

Grotty. Do not understand how the place received good ratings. Do your self a favour and pay a teeny tiny bit extra to stay somewhere else. Do not advise staying there. Only positive is the other travellers so it had a decent vibe. But the staff could not give a sh*t.

We stay in the four beds dorn. Pretty nice and valued the money spent. A little hard to find when u reach Luang Prabang at first coz TukTuk will let you out at the market. You have to look at the map and walk about 10 minute. Hostel is across from Luang Prabang Legend Hotel. A little local shop around the corner was pretty cheap for snack. And we love the fact that we could help ourself with tea anytime. :) And checkout MuKrata (buffe grilled) 'Zin-Dat' by the river.

• 26th May 2015