Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Noradeth Road, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Yes the beds are hard as rocks but seriously for $5 a day with a nice made to order breakfast, you can't be too picky. Good atmosphere for solo travelers and close enough to town. Good place to stay for a few days.

At the end of the day you are travelling through SE Asia so the price you pay to have a roof over your head is fine. My room was incredibly dark and the bathroom roof was leaking so wverything was constantly wet. Before I had even slept in my bed the sheets had hair all over them which certainly was not mine. The breakfast was Amazing though and the hostels in close proximity to the night markets. I met some awesome people in the lobby who too were trying to access the wifi.

we stayed in the 4 bed dorm with an ensuite bathroom, pretty basic. the beds are your typical hard mattresses, and they were exceedingly loud; every slight movement was echoed throughout the room. the breakfast included was quite nice, had a variety of options. free (instant) coffee and tea all day was a nice touch. the staff weren't overly helpful, but the one younger guy was very friendly!

I was in the 4 bed dorm behind reception so wifi worked well in that room. Everyone else had to go to the lobby. Free breakfast was baguette bread and eggs. My room had aircon. The toilet did not have a toilet seat. Basic hostel. Fairly easy to meet people in the lobby, esp. As eveyone is looking for ppl to go to the waterfall with them (150 baht). Only 2 of the staff really know english to be able to help you out with questions.

A lovely family runs this hostel. It's basic but cosy and social. Great breakfast and super close to the main street!

We had booked in advance and when we arrived they had no room, they put us in a hotel near by. The next day we stay in there place we didn't like this. Breakfast is good

Best hostel we have stayed at so far on our SE Asia trip, bit pricier than the others we stopped at but for what you pay the facilities and standard are great. Staff friendly and helpful, wifi, air con and showers all worked perfectly. Would recommend.

Very happy with the atmosphere, location, and the room I got!

The 12 bed dorm room was really smelly and a bit dirty. The showers and toilet were much the same. The staff weren't very helpful. The breakfast was good though. Lots of people stayed here so it was good for meeting people.

Breakfast is great. Dorm only has one room with shower AND sink AND toilet. Owners aren't particularly helpful. Water is cheaper across the road. Location is near the night market. Private rooms are very clean and ever bed has a big locker (BYO padlock)

The area was good, and it was clean even though it was basic and the aircond was good. However, the guy at the desk was rude and surly throughout the stay. It's ok if he didn't understand English very well but he was really rude

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Macedonia

Wifi was broken while I was there and there are no locks on the doors of the dorms. Met nice people but not lot to do in hostel just like the whole town.

The hostel is a little farther from the main area than I was expecting, but still a pretty short walk. The bathrooms were pretty awful though-they were dirty all the time, the toilet paper felt like crepe paper, and there was only one sink/mirror for everyone staying downstairs. The staff also didn't seem very organized-we checked in really late and they said they had no record of our reservation. We argued and wound up sleeping in the hall :/

A good hostel, with fast wifi, working aircon and free breakfast. You might find better prices somewhere else if you haggle, but this place is a good combination of average prices and decent rooms.

Very standard hostel, short walk to town, clean and safe. Would recommend.

Located not so far from the city centre, CBH is a really nice strutture with a great personality. You are in the middle of the city but looks like you are in a countryside. The staff is gentle and ready to be useful in an informal way.

pretty cool place, no real locker for the dorms

A good hostel. The wifi is fast, the aircon is cold, the beds are clean and the breakfast is free! (that last bit saves you K10-15k per day)

This is a very nice place. AC in the rooms, believe me you need it, and a very helpful staff. Minutes from night market. Bike and Scooter rentals on site. It faces the afternoon sun so it get very hot if you are outside on the porch. Aa fan would help.

I stayed in a beautiful private room at a great price. The bed was huge and comfortable. The room included a toilet and shower, an air-conditioner, window that opened (sadly no screen so I left it shut). The hostel is in a great location, not a far walk at all to the night market and Main Street or the fun street with Utopia and the bookshop/ free movie place :) Also, I was taking off before free breakfast, but the staff was nice enough to bring me some bread in a to-go box. Very sweet!

« first « Prev 1 2 3