Central Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Noradeth Road, Ban Thatluang, Luang Prabang, Laos

I had a very bad experience, and this hostel shouldn't be in hostelworld.com! I made a reservation there, because I knew I was going in the busiest time of year and everyone warned me that I should book somewhere, so I did. T my surprise, when I arrived there, after 10 hours road trip, they said they were overbooked! Than I asked my deposit back and ok they gave it back and suggested me another hostel nearby that possibly had vacancy (btw a very bad hostel called SpicyLao).

Only five to ten minute walk to main area. The main guy behind the counter is very helpful and will organise all tours and onward travel if needed.

Despite booking through hostel world - turned up after a 30 hour bus from Hanoi to be told they where full. They wernt fussed I'd paid a reservation and it was 11pm so I had to find another hostel. Fun! Spicey loas was good though for a basic hostel

• 1st Apr 2014

Decent hostel, near the main strip. I got really Ill one night and I made zero effort to make it to the toilet and just emptied my bowels in the corner of the room so maybe avoid dorm 3

We booked two dorm beds in advance and since they were overbooked we got a private room for the same prize instead. That room was very nice, big extremely comfortable bed and a very nice strong shower. The price includes a great breakfast and the staff is always very helpful. Definitely a good place to stay in Luang Prabang!

This place is an actual hostel, a bit rare around these parts, so if that is your thing this place may suit... Staff were nice and helpful. Onward travel & tours organised here. AC didn't work in room. Room had window but was quite dark. Was clean enough & shower was great. Breakfast is the usual Laos bread & egg combination choices. Location an easy walk to night market etc - but there are a lot of other guesthouses in a better location (closer to shops/river/market) that charge less for more.

Really really bad matress. overprice and bad laundry Service.

Pros: Good lockers, nice common area, laundry for 12'000 Kip per kg - but they don't round up (e.g. 1.5kg is 18'000, not 24'000) Cons: No keys for dorms - in fact they can be locked from the outside (trapping you inside!), the wifi is patchy and slow, some of the beds had bedbugs.

Great value for money - most oft he staff doesn't speak good English but they do the best to help you. Breakfast was great - you could chose from few options and coffee was unlimited!

Stayed here for four nights, got 'upgraded' to 4 bed dorm. Staff was really helpful with my queries. Laundry was also done fast. Location a little far from the centre - about 10 to 15 minutes walk. Wifi in the dorm I stayed in was poor. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. Will recommend to others.

Very much enjoyed the stay here. Good value for money, staff are helpful and the hostel is about a 10 minute walk to the night markets and the old town.

Staff were so friendly. Dorm was clean... No lock on the door but lockers provided for all guests. Great breakfast! Can hire a bike for 20, 000 kip a day. Highly recommended!

Amazing pancakes. Great TV room with loads of new movies to choose from. Great place to chill out in the aircon. Really decent wifi (FINALLY!) Rooms are ok, bathrooms are ok.

My stay was really good. I lost there my Camera. If anyone has the contactmail of this Hostel please Write me: jonas.lehmann9@t-online.de Thanks

Very friendly staff, great breakfast, good storage, enjoyed stay

The hostel was good, exactly what we expected. The breakfast was really tasty! As others have said, the wifi was a bit dodgy but the staff were keen to be of service if you did need wifi.

• 9th Feb 2014

Short walk to all the main sites, and the staff are very friendly and helpful, although only one has a good grasp of English, the others grab him if he's not around tho so never had any problems. Only really downside is the internet was pretty much non-existent so had to use a connection from down the road. Otherwise clean with typical Laos (hard) beds and reasonable (for a hostel) breakfast included.

The location is hard to find, cuz it is not near the main sites. But it is not that bad since the whole city is very small, so you won't get lost. The place is quiet for rest which is good. The only annoying thing is that wifi is barely working, and I hope it could be fixed soon. The owners are really nice and helpful.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • China

Overall the hostel was good, but the location is about a 15 minute walk from the main attractions in Luang Prabang. My dorm room was just off the main common area so it was quite noisy at night.

Loved this place enough to stay 2 days extra. Mostly because of the staff who were friendly and helpfull. Great breakfasts and tea, coffee available all day long.

« first « Prev 1 2 3