Central Backpackers Quepos Reviews

Playa Manuel Antonio road in front of the INVU, Quepos, Costa Rica

Located right on the Manuel Antonio route but a fair walk from downtown Quepos. Staff was very nice and the free breakfast was fantastic. Since it is right on the road the traffic is quite loud. Pretty basic accommodations but great value for the price.

We absolutely loved this hostel. Amazing location, awesome building, knowledgeable and kind staff. Delicious free breakfast. Excellent all around.

• 5th Jan 2015

We stayed for two nights in Central Backpackers while we were backpacking in Costa Rica. It is a good option if you are looking for a cheap place with clean, basic facilities. The location is good, the bus station (not the main station of Quepos!) is right in front of the hostel. Wifi worked well. The only drawback was that it was right next to the main street so it was a little noisy (earplugs help).The owner was a super nice guy which makes wonderful fresh-cooked breakfast even at 6 am!

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

The guy running the place was really nice and helpful; but unfortunately the hostel itself was very run down and shabby! Building site next door didn't help much either! I think I was vastly over charged for the quality of accommodation; effectively a box room with 3 beds squeezed in, no proper external window, no bed sheets or towels etc etc. I paid $45 for a double room! I think it was not worth more than $20! ...... This is a budget hostel and nothing more, and I expected more for my money!

Loved it, very cheap and clean. and staff is so nice.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Poland

The owner oh the place was really nice. he explained and suggested all the places to visit. He helped out to book the bus ticket and even went to buy it for me! I really enjoyed my stay there!

• 22nd Aug 2014