Central Backpackers Quepos Reviews

Playa Manuel Antonio road in front of the INVU, Quepos, Costa Rica

Great manager who is really accommodating and a great cook. Bus stop just outside the hostel to go to manuel Antonio (310 colones). Not much going on in quepos so best to spend most of your time in manuel Antonio. Facilities are pretty dated and definitely could do with a refurb.

Amazing host and he make great food as well!

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Terrible hostel. I had to catch a 6am bus my last day there. I had told the owner about it the day before, but when I tried to leave in the morning the gate was locked so I couldn't get out. It took 15 minutes of knocking and calling to wake him up and almost 10 more for him to unlock the gate. Obviously, I missed my bus. Otherwise, the dorm was dark and gloomy and there was no common area. The hostel is far from Manuel Antonio and also far from the center of Quepos. Do not stay here.

The person in charge was very nice, but he is the only one attending people. Could be more clean, but is fine.

This was right next to the bus stop that would take you to the beach. Check out was at 12pm which left you plenty of time in the day to go explore. There were a few instances where we were not happy with our stay. The first was the bathroom, it smelled heavily of sewage and we had to keep the door closed. The other item was the cockroach in our room. We tried to keep an open mind about our stay given the climate and the location.

If you are looking to visit the national park on a budget this hostel is a good option. Mauricio is a highly motivated manager who takes great pride in both his work and the quality of your holiday. He is very passionate about the national parks and has valuable insight. The property is old and in need of referb. It is also on a loud & busy street with continuos traffic, but the bus stops outside. If you are looking for a cheap place to rest your head and can deal with noise, you'll be fine :)

The host goes out of his way to help guests. Hes an experienced chef and turns out good meals.

Close to the city center and transportation. Good breakfast and staff, but it's not the best place for a hostel atmosphere where noise and humidity make sleeping very hard.

Nobody was there when I arrived. It looked like nobody had been there for a few days. Had to look for another place to sleep. Why is this listed on Hostelworld?

• 27th Nov 2015

Friendly staff, awesome breakfast, easy walk to bus station, great place I would stay here again!

• 24th Nov 2015