Central Backpackers Quepos Reviews

Playa Manuel Antonio road in front of the INVU, Quepos, Costa Rica

Mauricio was an excellent host! He was very kind to explain everything, give information about the town, transportation, etc. He was there to offer any assistance needed. A free breakfast (eggs, bread, fresh fruit and coffee) came with the price of your night's stay, and he made it when you were ready for it. I was very comfortable in the dorm beds, and they are very reasonably priced. The location is an easy walk to town. This is not a party hostel. Overall, a very good experience.

Simply an awesome hostel! About a 10 minute walk from the bus station and about a 20 minute bus ride from Manuel Antonio. The upstairs hostel is small and quaint. I had a very clean private room with bathroom, with a comfy bed. The included breakfast is made by to order and great! The bus to Manuel Antonio stops about 20 meters from the hostel and runs every 20 minutes. The owner is amazing! He helped me plan my 2 days and was very friendly (he's bilingual too). Overall an excellent hostel!

Property is directly on main road therefore very noisy especially at night. The open sewage is not a welcoming smell to return. The bfast is included but it is a simple scramble egg with 2 toasts and a slice of pineapple with a weak coffee. The manager of the establishment is not the most knowledgable as for activities nor the most proactive when asking/responding to questions. Pictures are outdated and things have change since. I would not return or recommend this hostel.

• 5th Mar 2015

Note: on our GPS, this hostel was listed as "Central Hostel". Our host was exceptional! He is very kind, speaks excellent English

• 27th Feb 2015

Located right on the Manuel Antonio route but a fair walk from downtown Quepos. Staff was very nice and the free breakfast was fantastic. Since it is right on the road the traffic is quite loud. Pretty basic accommodations but great value for the price.

We absolutely loved this hostel. Amazing location, awesome building, knowledgeable and kind staff. Delicious free breakfast. Excellent all around.

• 5th Jan 2015

We stayed for two nights in Central Backpackers while we were backpacking in Costa Rica. It is a good option if you are looking for a cheap place with clean, basic facilities. The location is good, the bus station (not the main station of Quepos!) is right in front of the hostel. Wifi worked well. The only drawback was that it was right next to the main street so it was a little noisy (earplugs help).The owner was a super nice guy which makes wonderful fresh-cooked breakfast even at 6 am!

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

The guy running the place was really nice and helpful; but unfortunately the hostel itself was very run down and shabby! Building site next door didn't help much either! I think I was vastly over charged for the quality of accommodation; effectively a box room with 3 beds squeezed in, no proper external window, no bed sheets or towels etc etc. I paid $45 for a double room! I think it was not worth more than $20! ...... This is a budget hostel and nothing more, and I expected more for my money!

Loved it, very cheap and clean. and staff is so nice.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Poland

The owner oh the place was really nice. he explained and suggested all the places to visit. He helped out to book the bus ticket and even went to buy it for me! I really enjoyed my stay there!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Latvia

The hostel still needs more work but Mauricio is an authentic Rico and excellent person that can be very helpful

Owner is a great person, doing his best to make you feel like home! It is close to main bus station and bus for Manuel Antonio Park stops next to the hostel.

I enjoyed WMF tremendously. The staff was super helpful and kind, the breakfasts were great, and I made some lasting friendships in my dorm! I can't wIt to go back! Shiloh Los Angeles CA. USA

• 14th Apr 2014

The owner was very friendly and kind. The dinner he made was only 4 dollars and was excellent. There was no AC, just fans, but for the price and one night, it was worth it. The location was very convienient with a 5-10 minute walk into town and a bus stop close by to get to Manuel Antonio.

there are photos of beaches. no beaches for miles. on an isolated road away from any restaurants or wifi. 8 beds in a small room with no window or ventilation. cheap. yes. worth it. no.

• 30th Dec 2013

Incredibly friendly management.

• 19th Dec 2013

Hot breakfast included! The facilites are a normal dormatory and rooms, not a tent as stated in the hostelworld description. The owner couldn't be nicer or more accomodating. I will return on my next trip through.

This place is pretty much a dump, which would be okay except that it's kind of expensive for a dump. The hotel is in shabby condition: the bed was uncomfortable, no hot water, room was dingy and dark and smelled of mildew. Breakfast was included, and it was a decent basic breakfast. Can't really think of anything else positive to say.

• 19th Jan 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff,

The hostel was nice but i when there was a mistake with my reservation and the manager give me another room and i had to to pay more, but the manager was nice and we made a deal with the price. it looks like it was a mistake from hostelwold, no from the hostel, after that all was fine, it was clean, good staff, and close to the airport.

• 11th Feb 2012