Fabulous 2,268 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2,268 Total Reviews
Central Backpackers Located at 13 Park End Street, , Oxford.
England
Oxford Oxfordshire OX1 1HH 13 Park End Street
86% 2268
51.7528541 -1.2657447
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
19th May 2016
8.0

The hostel was very easy to find! The staff was nice but hard to find and recognize! The rooms were clean but there were not a lot of bathrooms! Also there were no lockers big enough for luggage in the room and the lockers needed padlock which we didn't have. During the night the bed were comfortable but every time you move the bed makes an awful noise! But overall for one night stay it was fine!

16th May 2016

Amazing hostel, very good location, they had towels and breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

Thanks so much for kind words! We really appreciate it and hope you will stay with us again soon!

• marleighrose
  • USA, Female, 18-24
13th May 2016

I spent about a week at Central Backpackers and overall it was a great time. My bed was very comfortable and I felt safe in the rooms. I would recommend staying here to anyone visiting Oxford for a short while. You're pretty much destined to encounter a snorer in most hostels that you stay in, but Central offers free ear plugs to it's visitors - which also helps to eliminate the sounds of the surrounding clubs. Central is right in Oxford's city center and is a wonderful place to stay.

12th May 2016
6.6

Incredibly friendly staff! Hostel needs some work but they were just starting up when I was there.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th May 2016
6.6

The room itself was clean and nice. The 'bathrooms' were often not, and there really weren't enough for the number of people staying. I only saw 4 toilets, 3 showers and 2 hand basins for the 50 odd people staying. The dorm I was in also backed on to the smoking deck and often reeked of smoke, which I really didn't like.

• maartenvanbeek
  • Netherlands, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
26th Apr 2016
8.0

Decent hostel quite close to the city center. Little bit cramped, not very modern, but it has most of the necessary facilities. There's a nice roof terrace and a small dining room with a movie room annex. I was there only for a night and I was meeting other people in a pub, but I think it would be a place where you could meet other travellers.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2016

For my 1 night stay this hostel worked great! Close to coach and train stations as well as city centre and the bedding is so cozy! Definitely recommend this hostel for anyone who is staying for a quick stop in Oxford :)

Thanks a lot, we're happy you enjoyed your your stay and especially the new bedding!

• Italy, Male, 31-40
24th Apr 2016

Great place with lovely common area and friendly staff. Bonus for gender neutral toilets and showers :)

Thank you very much, hope to see you again!

22nd Apr 2016

So much better than a similarly named/located hostel! Room was large and my bed had multiple outlets nearby so I could charge all my devices while I slept. Seems like a small thing, but it makes a huge difference. Showers were the one downside that the hostel could control (obviously they can't control snoring guests). My shower flip-flopped between scalding hot and ice cold with no warning. Not pleasant. But everything else was great.

Thank you very much for a nice review, really happy you enjoyed your room and the facilities! I'm sorry to hear about your bad shower experience, it's already been taken care of so that you can enjoy it if you come and visit us next time!

• USA, Female, 41+
18th Apr 2016

Great location near train station and pleasant walk to main Oxford sights. Arrived early and staff was there so we could store luggage until check in and same when checking out; very convenient. Bathrooms kept clean. Other guests considerate. Probably would not stay at a hostel by myself at age 63 but was with my 25 yr old daughter and it was great.

Thank you very much for a lovely review, we're really happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you can visit us again soon!