Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

2061 Total Reviews

Very good stay: friendly guests and staff, of the four hostels I stayed in in southern England yours was the only place that provided computers for the guests to use for free--a very big THANK YOU!

The staff was friend and they had a lovely garden. Tea and coffee are free and breakfast was good. There were a few funny characters around though... didn't enjoy the presence of a particular person that didn't seem to have had the chance to have a shower in some time - maybe someone kindly suggest it to him? There're also washing machines that you/he can use as well

Thank you for your feedback! One of the quirks about staying in a hostel is that you never know who you might come across!

Fantastic staff, facilities, and location. The communal showers are a little difficult to deal with if there's a couple of people who decide to take 30-45 minute showers at the same time.

Very cool hostel. We really enjoyed the good atmosphere, the friendly and helpful staff and the roof top hang out area. Better than the hostel that's next door!

Thanks for your comments! Glad you had a good time, and recognise we are the best hostel in Oxford ;-D

The beds and linen are a bit worn out. It's time to re-new.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Thailand

I have taken your comments on board. The linen is all quite new however with such high use it can suffer - we try to keep on top of this and update when necessary :-)

This hostel was awesome, in the middle of the city and very easy to find! We really enjoy our stay there! Lockers are available in the room to put you're valuable thing and they can keep your luggage during the day for free! The breakfast was ok, it had everything you need. Over all it was a very nice stay and I would definitely recommend it!

A great hostel! Surrounded by night clubs but they give you complimentary ear plugs and I had no trouble with the noise. Beds are comfy and a sense of privacy is felt with the barriers around the beds. I would definitely recommend it!

I'm glad to hear you had a good night sleep and made the most of the complimentary ear plugs! We hope to welcome you back again soon :-)

the manager of the hostel was super friendly and accommodating. I had forgot to book an extra night and she put me up in the staff room because the rest of the place was booked. I also appreciated the free breakfast!

• 8th Jul 2015

Thanks so much for the great comments! We were really happy to have you stay. We wish you safe travels!

I really loved staying at Central Backpackers! It was like joining a family. The bed was super comfy and clean. Everyone was very friendly but not bothersome.

• 7th Jul 2015

Thank you very much for your feedback! You were a lovely addition to the large family we have here at CBs!

The staff was in general very nice and helpful. I just was unlucky to get a moody guy three times. He wasn't helpful especially when there wasn't bread anymore at 8.15 in the morning. I would have liked better and cleaner facilities for brushing teeth etc. And I would not recommend shared rooms...

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. I have looked into your stay and spoken directly with the member of staff in question. In general, we have a wonderful team here who love to help. Being a hostel, we only offer shared rooms, which is the norm. Thanks again :-)

This hostel was really hard to find. No lift, so be warned if you are carrying heavy suitcases. Rooms were clean enough but the bathrooms were a bit dirty, plus there weren't enough of them for everyone staying at the hostel. The atmosphere was quite rowdy, which I wasn't a fan of. I'm not sure why the kitchen was locked until after 7am, but it was kind of annoying. Otherwise, a decent price for what you get. Secure. No major complaints, but probably would not stay here again.

Hi! We don't have a lift as we are situated in an old English building, and we do not have adequate space to install a lift. There is just one (and a half!) flights of stairs so most people have no trouble. The kitchen gets locked until 7 am to prepare for breakfast, and for health and safety reasons - no one wants a fire alarm at 4 am due to burnt toast! Thanks again for your feedback.

This hostel is awesome. Clean rooms, confy beds, amaizing terrace with barbacue, very good breakfast but the nicest thing was the staff. I just stayed one day, but I really felt like at home. The french receptionist guy and the manager were really kind and helpful. I highly recommend this hostel. Thanks guys and hello from Bristol!! Elena

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Thanks for your lovely comments! Sending love to Bristol :-)

When I wanted to go to kitchen one day morning it was not open when it was supposed to be opened.

• 26th Jun 2015

Hi! The managers of the hostel ensure that the kitchen is open at 7 am each morning - I'm sorry that the kitchen was late on your morning.

Very good location and close to all the attractions. The only thing I don't like about is too noisy at night because there is a bar downstairs. I can't go to sleep even with the earplug.

Thanks for your comments! Unfortunately being in the centre of Oxford means we are impacted by noise. As you saw we do have free ear plugs available for all guests to actively try to make everyone's night more comfortable.

The best place I have stayed so far! Such good guys an so much fun. They really make you feel at home and help you out with things to do. Do it!!

Really friendly vibe and lovely atmosphere. Loud, because of the clubs, but you should expect that. I actually slept quite well here with ear plugs because the mattresses were pretty comfortable for a hostel. Breakfast is basic but typical for a hostel.

Thank you! We are really glad to hear you had a good time here and had a good sleep. Come back soon :-)

I met some of my best mates on my trip in this hostel, and I have to say the homey atmosphere and facilities did encourage very enriching exchanges among residents. Rooftop bar and common areas were superb. The hostel also recommends an awesome food place where the few of us new friends tried and was really worth a go. Excellent experience in this hostel. 10min walk from the station is a great bonus.

Thanks so much! It's great to read your lovely comments. There are so many nice places to get some food on our doorstep, I'm glad you were able to enjoy this too! Safe travels :-)

Really friendly staff :)

Thank you! We have a super team here! :-)

Very nice hostel, quiet, clean and located at the right place ! The staff is really nice and polite. I can only recommend it !

• 13th Jun 2015

We really appreciate your kind comments, thanks very much! It's brilliant to read you had a great stay, and we hope we can welcome you back to CB's soon!

We were just staying for one night, and it was an excellent place for that. Close to the train station and other fun places to visit in Oxford.

Thanks very much for your review :-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4