Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

1937 Total Reviews

Nice place. Reasonable price.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Thanks for the great feedback! We hope to see you back here in Oxford again soon!

Nice youth hostel with a friendly staff :)

• 15th Feb 2015

Hi! We do have a great team here. Happy you enjoyed your stay ! Hope to welcome you back in the future :)!

Male dorm of 12 is very loud at night from noise from nearby bars.

Hi! We are in a lively street here in Oxford so are impacted by noise from the local nightlife. We do provide complimentary earplugs to all guests to try to tackle this. Thanks for your feedback!

My room was upgraded for free because of a mistake in the booking process. The room was ok, I'd say overcrowded even for a hostel standard, but I didn't mind. The only thing i object to is that the room was very noisy, day and night. Overall very good. definitely appreciated the free breakfast too :)

We're glad you had a nice stay! We are located on a really lively street so we are impacted by the noise. I hope you still managed to get a good nights sleep, and that you will be back to Oxford soon :-)

The staff, the experience and the hostel in tolat gave me a thoroughly pleasant stay at Central Backpackers. I am sure to return should I ever go to see Oxford again. Axel

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for the awesome comments! We would love to welcome you back to CB's again in the future :-)

The stay was really nice and helping. The sanitaries were clean. On the negative side if you taller than 5,8 feets you might consider bringing your own blankets during the winter. The blankets are really small and the heat system is bad so I was extremely cold. The night I slept there they threw up a party until 3 in the morning, they provided ear plugs, but its not ideal if you want to have a good rest.

Hi! Thanks for your great feedback! Our duvets are the standard size that shops UK wide sell. We are more than happy to provide an extra blanket if our guests need them :-) Being an old building, the heating can be temperamental and take a while to heat up. During this cold winter we are trying to keep it as warm as possible! We do normally limit our parties and I apologise that your sleeping was impacted - I have made note of your feedback in order to improve our services. Thank you!

I stayed here for one week and this place felt like home since the first day. The staff and management were always kind, efficient and fun to be around, and it's one of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed at. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is coming to Oxford and wants to meet new friends in town. This hostel is amazing!!

• 25th Jan 2015

Thank you for your great comments! We really enjoyed you staying here at CBs. You are welcome back anytime and we look forward to meeting you again!

It was ok for the price. It wasn't very friendly. Staying in a dorm for five nights, people were generally respectful of others need for sleep. Bed was very comfortable. There is a kitchen, but I didn't feel that out was big enough to cope with the demands of so many people. Also, the lounge and common room were a bit small. It felt crowded. But for £15 a night, not too bad.

• 5th Jan 2015

Hi, thanks for your feedback! I have made a note of your comments in order to improve our services. As we are in an old building with limited space, we have tried our best to maximize the space we do have in order to provide a comfortable environment for our guests. Thanks again :-)

The shower only produced very cold water or scotching hot water. I tried following the instructions but it didn't seem to help. Perhaps a tap for cold water and a tap for hot water would suffice.

• 5th Jan 2015

Thanks for your feedback! We do have signs for our showers which explain how to get the best use. They usually work very well so I can only apologise for your bad experience. I will monitor this to make sure they are not problematic in future. We hope to welcome you back to Oxford again in the future!

I have to say that I am a bit shocked about the state of the facilities, especially the WC's and bathrooms. There was no visible evidence of building maintenance or appropriate cleaning. The sink was blocked, the dustbin was rusty, the walls and skirting boards were dirty. Everything looked like a 'badly done' DIY project and not even close to a professional commission that I would expect to see in a building that main purpose is to accommodate guests on a daily basis. - Sorry.

• 5th Jan 2015

Thanks for your feedback. We have a team of staff who clean all facilities multiple times a day. Our building is old and has natural wear and tear - we believe this adds to the character and stops us being a sterile, bland property. Whilst I agree this may not be to everyone's taste, the majority of our guests have a great time here and appreciate we are a hostel rather than a hotel, which is reflected in the prices we charge. We maintain great cleaning standards and will continue to do so.

It was a wonderful stay with great staff :) Unfotunately i stayed only one night and didnt get a chance to talk to much with them.. but very nice :)

Thank you for your lovely comments! Hopefully we will meet you back in Oxford again soon :-)

Nice hostel, very easy for my night there! A bigger locker in the room would be great.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Thanks for your feedback. Due to space restrictions in the room, lockers much bigger would take up quite a bit of space. Any larger items can always be stored in our locked reception. See you again!

have stayed here before and would stay here again. clean, relatively quiet. Like the outside bar/smoking area. Lost my ID before arriving which wasn't a problem.

Hi! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here!

This was my first hostel experience and I really enjoyed it. I had nothing to compare it to so I thought it was fantastic. I loved the tight,close atmosphere that the hostel had. It was very easy to meet new people in the dining area and the TV room. The showers and bathrooms were placed oddly around the hostel, but they were good enough. The staff didn't really seem to take there job seriously and we're not super friendly or helpful. Nonetheless,I think central backpackers is a quality hostel.

• 13th Dec 2014

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you had a good stay and enjoyed your first hostel experience. We have a great team of staff here at Central Backpackers so I am sorry you did not experience this, I have taken note. Cheers! :-)

Nice laied back environment, a little grungy in some areas, simple breakfast and enough, good area to cook, beds were comfortable but the pillow was very, very flat, great location close to the bus and train station and places to eat out, I enjoyed my stay!

We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay here! I have taken your feedback about the pillows on board in order to improve our services.

room 4 lights switch is difficult to locate by a newcomer

Feedback noted - we will make sure guests are made aware of the switch when checking in, thank you! :-)

Good place

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Kenya

Thanks man! :-)

Absolutely Perfect! Not only that, there's a roof garden space to relax in. Best hostel I ever stayed in with fantastic management too!

Hi! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel! And thanks for leaving such a nice review! Greatly appreciated! Hope to have you back here in the future! :)

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Great staff and atmosphere. Good all around - no complaints.

Happy you enjoyed your stay here! See you next time in Oxford! :)

Excellent staff. Highly reccommended

Thank you! Come back soon :-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3