8.7
Fabulous 2,241 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 2,241 Total Reviews
Central Backpackers Located at 13 Park End Street, , Oxford.
England

• maartenvanbeek
  • Netherlands, Male, 31-40
26th Apr 2016
8.0

Decent hostel quite close to the city center. Little bit cramped, not very modern, but it has most of the necessary facilities. There's a nice roof terrace and a small dining room with a movie room annex. I was there only for a night and I was meeting other people in a pub, but I think it would be a place where you could meet other travellers.

• Italy, Male, 31-40
24th Apr 2016

Great place with lovely common area and friendly staff. Bonus for gender neutral toilets and showers :)

• USA, Female, 41+
18th Apr 2016

Great location near train station and pleasant walk to main Oxford sights. Arrived early and staff was there so we could store luggage until check in and same when checking out; very convenient. Bathrooms kept clean. Other guests considerate. Probably would not stay at a hostel by myself at age 63 but was with my 25 yr old daughter and it was great.

• England, Female, 25-30
17th Apr 2016
8.0

Great location, comfy beds and brilliant facilities. Some of the staff were super friendly and helpful, but a few were quite unwelcoming and rude. However I would definitely stay here again.

Hey! Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback during your recent stay with us! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and I'm sorry about your bad experience with some of our staff members, we're doing our best to improve! Hope you can stay with us again soon!

16th Apr 2016

I have been to hostels with way better cleanness, they do not give you clean sheets when you arrive, the dover is already in your bed. They do not give receipts. I also have had better breakfasts in other hotels. (all of them included in the price) Besides that, (I have only been to 3 hostels and all of them in the UK) This has been the best hostel I have gone to, on an overall point of view. Security, ambient and the actual place is absolutely outstanding. The Hostel is quite ok.

Hey ! Thank you for the kind words about our hostel. We are glad to hear you liked our property, and enjoyed your visit with us. We always double check the beds before guests arrival, we change the sheets after every guest's departure and make the bed so that you don't have to do it yourself ;) You can always ask us for the receipt, even after your departure! Hope that you will join us again next time you are in Oxford,

• Malaysia, Male, 31-40
13th Apr 2016
7.1

The hostel is OK. The location is OK. All of the staff are helpful and friendly, well, except for the short, blonde hair, with holes in her earlobes are just rude (assistant manager?) when I was checking in. She needs personality check or something. And they have overbooking problem. I would opt for the Oxford Backpacker hostel (other hostel) next time. I just don't appreciate people talking rude to paying customers.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
1st Apr 2016
7.1

Fairly good. Does the job. Really good location. Close to bus and train station.

Thank you for your comments, we are happy to enjoy your stay!

21st Mar 2016

Pretty good location and staff were wonderful. Kitchen, lounge with tv and DVDs, dining area, smoker's lounge/bar, this hostel has it all. But bathrooms weren't the cleanest and the shower was either boiling hot or freezing. Also when a drunk, naked guy kept pounding on our room door at 3am, the hostel's emergency phone number didn't work...but I'm sure that was a one-time thing. Staff were very apologetic about the incident and reimbursed us for the night, which was very fair.

We are very sorry about your experience, we had some problems with the phones but it's all solved now! We are very pleased you found the staff to be friendly and welcoming and that you liked our facilities. Let us know if you decide to visit Oxford again!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
19th Mar 2016
8.0

Great location as it is right near central Oxford. Staff was friendly, available, and also helpful. Rooms were nice and clean, but it would've been nicer to have more sinks and such. Great kitchen facilities- offered free breakfast and offered tea at other times. Overall good visit

We are really glad that you had a nice experience here and that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again next time you come to Oxford!

• France, Female, 25-30
11th Mar 2016

Very clean, very nice staff, very good location (you're close to everything). Although I don't recommend to take a shared room if you have to make a presentation at a conference during the week-end (people go to sleep late). I really recommend Central Backpackers !

We are really glad that you have enjoyed your stay here with us, hope your presentation went well! See you next time you come to Oxford.