Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

2053 Total Reviews

The beds and linen are a bit worn out. It's time to re-new.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Thailand

A great hostel! Surrounded by night clubs but they give you complimentary ear plugs and I had no trouble with the noise. Beds are comfy and a sense of privacy is felt with the barriers around the beds. I would definitely recommend it!

the manager of the hostel was super friendly and accommodating. I had forgot to book an extra night and she put me up in the staff room because the rest of the place was booked. I also appreciated the free breakfast!

• 8th Jul 2015

I really loved staying at Central Backpackers! It was like joining a family. The bed was super comfy and clean. Everyone was very friendly but not bothersome.

• 7th Jul 2015

The staff was in general very nice and helpful. I just was unlucky to get a moody guy three times. He wasn't helpful especially when there wasn't bread anymore at 8.15 in the morning. I would have liked better and cleaner facilities for brushing teeth etc. And I would not recommend shared rooms...

This hostel was really hard to find. No lift, so be warned if you are carrying heavy suitcases. Rooms were clean enough but the bathrooms were a bit dirty, plus there weren't enough of them for everyone staying at the hostel. The atmosphere was quite rowdy, which I wasn't a fan of. I'm not sure why the kitchen was locked until after 7am, but it was kind of annoying. Otherwise, a decent price for what you get. Secure. No major complaints, but probably would not stay here again.

This hostel is awesome. Clean rooms, confy beds, amaizing terrace with barbacue, very good breakfast but the nicest thing was the staff. I just stayed one day, but I really felt like at home. The french receptionist guy and the manager were really kind and helpful. I highly recommend this hostel. Thanks guys and hello from Bristol!! Elena

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Spain

When I wanted to go to kitchen one day morning it was not open when it was supposed to be opened.

• 26th Jun 2015

Very good location and close to all the attractions. The only thing I don't like about is too noisy at night because there is a bar downstairs. I can't go to sleep even with the earplug.

Thanks for your comments! Unfortunately being in the centre of Oxford means we are impacted by noise. As you saw we do have free ear plugs available for all guests to actively try to make everyone's night more comfortable.

The best place I have stayed so far! Such good guys an so much fun. They really make you feel at home and help you out with things to do. Do it!!

Really friendly vibe and lovely atmosphere. Loud, because of the clubs, but you should expect that. I actually slept quite well here with ear plugs because the mattresses were pretty comfortable for a hostel. Breakfast is basic but typical for a hostel.

Thank you! We are really glad to hear you had a good time here and had a good sleep. Come back soon :-)

I met some of my best mates on my trip in this hostel, and I have to say the homey atmosphere and facilities did encourage very enriching exchanges among residents. Rooftop bar and common areas were superb. The hostel also recommends an awesome food place where the few of us new friends tried and was really worth a go. Excellent experience in this hostel. 10min walk from the station is a great bonus.

Thanks so much! It's great to read your lovely comments. There are so many nice places to get some food on our doorstep, I'm glad you were able to enjoy this too! Safe travels :-)

Really friendly staff :)

Thank you! We have a super team here! :-)

Very nice hostel, quiet, clean and located at the right place ! The staff is really nice and polite. I can only recommend it !

• 13th Jun 2015

We really appreciate your kind comments, thanks very much! It's brilliant to read you had a great stay, and we hope we can welcome you back to CB's soon!

We were just staying for one night, and it was an excellent place for that. Close to the train station and other fun places to visit in Oxford.

Thanks very much for your review :-)

It's a cool party hostel. There's a fun rooftop garden area where music booms late into the night and you can drink and socialize. However, the place was not very clean, and when trying to check out, we had to search the place for an employee to give us our key deposit back. Not the best stay, but it was okay.

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. During the morning check-out shift, our staff are often all over the hostel cleaning, carrying out tasks and so on - I have taken your feedback regarding this on board to see where we can improve. We usually close our rooftop bar at 11 pm, so as not to distract our guests who prefer to have a quiet night. With regards to cleaning, we have a deep clean carried out daily alongside regular cleanliness checks throughout the day. Thanks again for your comments :-)

Breakfast set out more than 1/2 hour late, no one on staff available anywhere in the morning. We had notified them we had an early train & were concerned about out key deposit; staff assured us someone would be around by 7. We waited 1/2 an hour and gave up. Showers vacillated between freezing and scalding every 30-40 seconds as well.

Hello! We are so sorry for the incovinience this has caused you! The staff member in question has been dealt with. We hope we can assure you a better stay next time!

Everything is alright, but I had an issue with staff missing in the morning. They didn't open the kitchen, therefore, no breakfast was provided, and people could not check out. The guy came at about 9:15. Noisy outside in the night.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately we had a small hiccup on the morning of your check out, and the staff member working has been made aware and we are actively working together to ensure a consistently great hostel :-)

Staff not available to help, not even there for check out. Cramped rooms with sticky floors (and it stayed that way for the whole trip, proving the floors are not cleaned often). Staff assigned the wrong beds 3 times in the 2 days we were there. Not near enough space to put luggage.

• 6th Jun 2015

Great place, nice atmosphere and good facilities. Very centre location, clean and felt like home place. Not to mentioned decent breakfast included.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4