Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

The only problem I have with this hostel, and it is a small one, is there are two common areas, each of which, by itself, is too small. One is smoking and one is nonsmoking. I cannot stand to be around cigarette smoke, and so could not use the smoking common area. There is insufficient space in the nonsmoking common area for the number of people. For me, a much better arrangement would be to ban smoking throughout the hostel so that both common areas can be used by all.

Very friendly place to stay

• 26th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Thanks a lot for your attention! The staff is very heartwarming...

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Spain

The room kind of smelt musty

was my first experience in an hostel. Central Backpackers is a perfect hostel . i raccomand it . close to the centre of oxford, with a lots of pubs for the night . staff , frindly atmosfere and security are very good.

• 14th Jan 2016

Great and friendly staffs. People are really nice over there, but just to remember to say 'please' all the time. The rooms are clean and warm. The shower pressure is a little bit weak thou, but I had seen worse from other hostels. Awesome hostel overall.

An excellent place to unwind after a busy day at the conference.

• 5th Jan 2016

Very well-equipped hostel in a brilliant location (close to bus / rail and to city centre). Would be useful to have secure storage for larger rucksacks.

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Wales

Cosiest and friendliest hostel I've stayed in! Mick and the rest of the staff are so welcoming and make the place feel like home. The location and facilities are brilliant too. Every bed has its own plug so you don't need to worry about leaving your electronics about the room, and there are plenty of showers and toilets. Fab little breakfast too, and a cool rooftop terrace. Plenty of bars and clubs next door if that's your scene, and a short walk to the town centre. I'll definitely be back!

We stayed in the hostel with a group of friends over christmas and we could have not chosen a better one. Good location, fully equiped kitchen to make christmas dinner, enough place to hang out and a comfy TV room. The roof terrace with the bar is awesome, although we didn't stay there a lot...And the best is the really relaxed staff there, everyone was nice and helpful. Would definetly recommend this hostel and I would go back in a second :) Thanks guys!

Comfortable stay with friendly staff! Thank you!!!

Very good service. However there's quite strong cigarette smell.

I really enjoyed there. The lady introduced in this hostel kindly when I arrive there. I can use towels as I want. They are very friendly, they talked to me in Japanese to know I'm Japanese. And there some shower room, toilet and a hair dryer so I use them without too mind other people. I felt so comfortable. It was fun that talk with them about when they come to Japan. Love Oxford, so I wanna go to there again!

Excellent hostel, incredibly friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities and large open spaces. I had a great stay.

I really liked this hostel and have already recommended it to a friend. It's really close to the train station and to town. There's even a really nice pub just up the road. The bar area on the roof was cool, and it was cozy with the heater on. The staff are nice and interesting to talk to. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast OK (had toast&coffee). I wouldn't say it's a party hostel, but it was easy to meet people in the bar. Would stay again!

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, great atmosphere!

I thought this was good value for money, but PLEASE get locks for the lockers. Asking people that are just staying 2-3 nights to try find a shop to buy a lock is really annoying :) just get some locks and have people leave you 1-2 Pounds for security. I would have been happy to rent one for a few cents a night as well...

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Austria

I thought the girl who checked me in was rather unfriendly but I was softened when I appreciated the facilities available at the hostel - I would have happily stayed for 2 days but for the 2 nites I spent in Oxford.

• 10th Nov 2015

Had a good time thanks, staff helped me out when i asked anything only thing is i couldn't find anything to give the shower floor a quick mop after i had had a shower so i had to use a towel so it might be an idea to have a small mop outside to wipe the floor possible

• 6th Nov 2015

Great place - ;loved it, staff are really friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hostel to any traveller who wants to spend a few days in this beautiful idyllic city - Oxford. This hostel has a very comfortable movie lounge and a selection of great films.

• 1st Nov 2015