Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

1927 Total Reviews

It was ok for the price. It wasn't very friendly. Staying in a dorm for five nights, people were generally respectful of others need for sleep. Bed was very comfortable. There is a kitchen, but I didn't feel that out was big enough to cope with the demands of so many people. Also, the lounge and common room were a bit small. It felt crowded. But for £15 a night, not too bad.

• 5th Jan 2015

The shower only produced very cold water or scotching hot water. I tried following the instructions but it didn't seem to help. Perhaps a tap for cold water and a tap for hot water would suffice.

• 5th Jan 2015

I have to say that I am a bit shocked about the state of the facilities, especially the WC's and bathrooms. There was no visible evidence of building maintenance or appropriate cleaning. The sink was blocked, the dustbin was rusty, the walls and skirting boards were dirty. Everything looked like a 'badly done' DIY project and not even close to a professional commission that I would expect to see in a building that main purpose is to accommodate guests on a daily basis. - Sorry.

• 5th Jan 2015

Thanks for your feedback. We have a team of staff who clean all facilities multiple times a day. Our building is old and has natural wear and tear - we believe this adds to the character and stops us being a sterile, bland property. Whilst I agree this may not be to everyone's taste, the majority of our guests have a great time here and appreciate we are a hostel rather than a hotel, which is reflected in the prices we charge. We maintain great cleaning standards and will continue to do so.

It was a wonderful stay with great staff :) Unfotunately i stayed only one night and didnt get a chance to talk to much with them.. but very nice :)

Thank you for your lovely comments! Hopefully we will meet you back in Oxford again soon :-)

Nice hostel, very easy for my night there! A bigger locker in the room would be great.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Thanks for your feedback. Due to space restrictions in the room, lockers much bigger would take up quite a bit of space. Any larger items can always be stored in our locked reception. See you again!

have stayed here before and would stay here again. clean, relatively quiet. Like the outside bar/smoking area. Lost my ID before arriving which wasn't a problem.

Hi! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here!

This was my first hostel experience and I really enjoyed it. I had nothing to compare it to so I thought it was fantastic. I loved the tight,close atmosphere that the hostel had. It was very easy to meet new people in the dining area and the TV room. The showers and bathrooms were placed oddly around the hostel, but they were good enough. The staff didn't really seem to take there job seriously and we're not super friendly or helpful. Nonetheless,I think central backpackers is a quality hostel.

• 13th Dec 2014

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you had a good stay and enjoyed your first hostel experience. We have a great team of staff here at Central Backpackers so I am sorry you did not experience this, I have taken note. Cheers! :-)

Nice laied back environment, a little grungy in some areas, simple breakfast and enough, good area to cook, beds were comfortable but the pillow was very, very flat, great location close to the bus and train station and places to eat out, I enjoyed my stay!

We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay here! I have taken your feedback about the pillows on board in order to improve our services.

room 4 lights switch is difficult to locate by a newcomer

Feedback noted - we will make sure guests are made aware of the switch when checking in, thank you! :-)

Good place

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Kenya

Thanks man! :-)

Absolutely Perfect! Not only that, there's a roof garden space to relax in. Best hostel I ever stayed in with fantastic management too!

Hi! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel! And thanks for leaving such a nice review! Greatly appreciated! Hope to have you back here in the future! :)

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Great staff and atmosphere. Good all around - no complaints.

Happy you enjoyed your stay here! See you next time in Oxford! :)

Excellent staff. Highly reccommended

Thank you! Come back soon :-)

Friendly welcome was particularly nice from the young woman on reception the evening I arrived. But I am nearly 70 and was a little disconcerted to find that I had been allocated a top bunk because the climbing up and down is not as easy as for a 20-year-old. When booking I wasn't told that an upstairs bunk was an option or offered a choice, which I think would be a good idea.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Thank you for your comments. Whilst we do not have the option of selecting either a lower or upper bunk during the booking process, we do welcome requests. I have taken your feedback on board in order to improve our services. We hope to welcome you back to Central Backpackers again soon!

I was very impressed that someone rang me at 10.45 to remind me that I needed to check in by 11. I was in a pub nearby and had lost track of time. The staff members I met were very friendly.

• 21st Nov 2014

We do have a great team of staff here! Hope to see you again in the future! :)

Very good, clean, busy and secure hostel. Generally good facilities. Great having lockers in the room for belongs. Very nice chill-out deck. It was more expensive than most other hostels I've stayed at, but given accommodation generally in Oxford is so expensive, it was worth it.

• 18th Nov 2014

We are glad to hear you had a good time here at CB's! Hopefully we will welcome you back soon :-)

Love you guys. I wish to come to Oxford again in future :)

• 17th Nov 2014
  • India

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel! Clean and tidy all the time. Good facilities . Great party scene aswell and staff allways joins in for a drink! Good place to meet people from all over the world. Would definitly recomend.TOP khedira

Unfortunately noisy on a Saturday night as right by loads of bars, but otherwise really good stay! A bit in need of refurbishment, but warm and cozy.

Thanks for your feedback! We are glad you had a good stay, I hope you made good use of the ear plugs! Our location does mean we are impacted by the local nightlife. We are currently undergoing some refurb work and sprucing up the hostel - I have taken your comments on board :-)

I had a very good experience here, the staff treat you as a really good friend and you feel like living in family

« first « Prev 1 2 3