Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

2033 Total Reviews

Very good location and close to all the attractions. The only thing I don't like about is too noisy at night because there is a bar downstairs. I can't go to sleep even with the earplug.

Really friendly vibe and lovely atmosphere. Loud, because of the clubs, but you should expect that. I actually slept quite well here with ear plugs because the mattresses were pretty comfortable for a hostel. Breakfast is basic but typical for a hostel.

I met some of my best mates on my trip in this hostel, and I have to say the homey atmosphere and facilities did encourage very enriching exchanges among residents. Rooftop bar and common areas were superb. The hostel also recommends an awesome food place where the few of us new friends tried and was really worth a go. Excellent experience in this hostel. 10min walk from the station is a great bonus.

Really friendly staff :)

Very nice hostel, quiet, clean and located at the right place ! The staff is really nice and polite. I can only recommend it !

• 13th Jun 2015

We were just staying for one night, and it was an excellent place for that. Close to the train station and other fun places to visit in Oxford.

It's a cool party hostel. There's a fun rooftop garden area where music booms late into the night and you can drink and socialize. However, the place was not very clean, and when trying to check out, we had to search the place for an employee to give us our key deposit back. Not the best stay, but it was okay.

Breakfast set out more than 1/2 hour late, no one on staff available anywhere in the morning. We had notified them we had an early train & were concerned about out key deposit; staff assured us someone would be around by 7. We waited 1/2 an hour and gave up. Showers vacillated between freezing and scalding every 30-40 seconds as well.

Hello! We are so sorry for the incovinience this has caused you! The staff member in question has been dealt with. We hope we can assure you a better stay next time!

Everything is alright, but I had an issue with staff missing in the morning. They didn't open the kitchen, therefore, no breakfast was provided, and people could not check out. The guy came at about 9:15. Noisy outside in the night.

Staff not available to help, not even there for check out. Cramped rooms with sticky floors (and it stayed that way for the whole trip, proving the floors are not cleaned often). Staff assigned the wrong beds 3 times in the 2 days we were there. Not near enough space to put luggage.

• 6th Jun 2015

Great place, nice atmosphere and good facilities. Very centre location, clean and felt like home place. Not to mentioned decent breakfast included.

OK hostel, but depends on your personal experience. There is a nice staff, but the hostel does not approach the guests to provide information regarding the city or to make the guests enjoy Oxford's nightlife. The low points for me were atmosphere & lack of structure in the room (no individual lamps in each bed and depending on yr bed there is no plug nearby, and despite this issue the hostel has no extensions to solve that). So, has no super structure nor try to create a wonderful experience.

All the basic needs are fulfilled and the place has a cosy feeling which made me feel at home. Although at night there are some noises outside the hostel which will affect one who is very sensitive to noises. Problem can be solved with earplugs. The shower room has a bench like sitting area which you can put all your bags which is good if you want to bring your stuff with you. There are common rooms which you can relax and a kitchen to cooking or store something in the fridge.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

The bedding was not comfortable and the noise level kept waking me, but the hostel provides ear plugs so it could still be ok to spend the night. A few members of staff were not really quite friendly.

An enjoyable one night stay in Oxford during a beautiful Spring week. My only complaint was the noise coming from the street the whole night (not a big issue as this is all part and parcel of staying in hostels) - just if you do want a quiet night, ask for a room at the back of the hostel. Otherwise a great stay:)

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • South Africa

I loved it here! Staff so sweet and always helpful! They clean all through the day so the hostel is spotless! Teraze is awesome to socialise with fellow travelers!

Really good stay. No problems with staff or fellow residents. Only problem was being opposite Lave Ignite so a bit noisy (thanks for the ear plugs though).

• 30th May 2015

The free breakfast was good. The loud club across the street was not. Even with the windows shut I could hear and feel the bass while I was in the shower on the clear other side of the building. Noise didn't die down until around 3am, and you could hear it through your earplugs. The staff weren't very helpful, but seemed somewhat nice. We were not kept informed about door code changes. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms very well if at all. But Oxford was worth the trouble, it's an amazing city!

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. As soon as we changed the door code (for extra security) a sign was immediately put up on the stairs so that all guests will see when leaving the building. Alongside this, we make sure everyone has the new door code before finishing - regardless of the time. As for the noise, we try our best to provide a comfortable night sleep by providing ear plugs and upgrading the windows in recent years. Staff are always happy to help if you are to ask :-)

Free towels, hair dryer and locks, which was great, but too few sinks

• 26th May 2015

Thanks for your comments! I'm glad you had a good stay and made the most of our facilities. We have tried to make the most of the space we have however we will always be limited by the nature of the building.

good hostel, clean and kindness.

• 25th May 2015