8.5
Fabulous 2,305 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 2,305 Total Reviews
Central Backpackers Located at 13 Park End Street, , Oxford.
England
Oxford Oxfordshire OX1 1HH 13 Park End Street
85% 2305
51.7528541 -1.2657447
    Rooms available

• Saudi Arabia, Male, 25-30
22nd Jun 2016

One of the best hostels for atmosphere I think. They have a chill out terrace with very reasonably priced beers/ciders. Fully equipped kitchen. beds are very comfortable and clean. Staff are very warm and friendly. Really had a good time here.

• England, Male, 41+
19th Jun 2016

This is a great facility at a very affordable price. It is clean and well managed with helpful staff.

17th Jun 2016

Great vibes! Small hostel with wonderful people and atmosphere. The owners and staff were having beers with us at the bar and watching euro cup, super nice people. Met some friends at the hostel and went clubbing afterward, the hostel is in the club district so a great place to stay for young travelers looking for lively atmosphere in oxford

• lbarnes97
17th Jun 2016

Was pleasantly surprised by this hostel. Dorms were clean, was secure, really great facilities - nice common room and large kitchen. Found some staff to be quite unhelpful - I had a small item of little value besides sentimental stolen during my stay and had no help whatsoever from staff besides a quick going through of lost property. Not sure what they could do, but certainly soured my visit. Also, is located on a street with many loud clubs which'll go till late. Bring earplugs.

7.7

no locks were provided for the lockers, which was a bummer, but worst of all was the smoke -- smoking is only allowed on the 'rooftop' terrace, but that terrace is on the same floor as the rooms, kitchen, common area, etc. so everything ends up smelling smoky and gross. other than that, a great facility - towels and breakfast are provided, lots of books and movies in the common room, cute details like Mary Poppins wall decorations in the dorms, and so on. a great value for what you pay!

Hi! Thank you for your review. We do have a limited number of padlocks which we are more than happy to lend out to guests - unfortunately there is not a lot we can do when we run out. We are however planning to start selling padlocks on site in the very near future - watch this space! There is a smoking area on the roof terrace; we limit the impact of this on non-smoking residents by closing it at 11pm. I'm glad your overall experience was enjoyable!

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
17th Jun 2016

Thanks to the staff members for your warm welcome. I had a nice time with y'all. Cheers from Belgium Marie

Hi Marie, we're glad you had a good time here at Central Backpackers. Hope to see you back in Oxford soon!

13th Jun 2016
7.7

Habitaciónes muy cómodo y espacio! La cocina y sala y terraza muy bien! el hostal necesita más baños pero todo bien experiencia

9th Jun 2016
6.9

My room was directly above several bars, and techno music blasted until 2 am. Windows don't close fully so no way to make the noise go away. Impossible to get to sleep before bars closed. Staff was pretty nice and helpful. Bathroom situation is a little odd. Showers, sinks, and toilets spread randomly throughout hostel. Showers are nice and clean though. Hot with good water pressure. Common areas not very good. Kinda weird vibe here. Wouldn't recommend, especially for meeting people.

Hi, thank you for your review! While our vibrant central location is great for sight seeing and night life, the area can be a little noisy. However, we provide free earplugs to all guests, which is normally enough to combat the noise levels. The windows are currently all functioning properly and do all close fully. Our common areas have been refurbished just last week and are now even more welcoming than they were before! I'm sorry to hear that you feel Central Backpackers is less than ideal for meeting people - backpackers tend to be an inherently friendly species, and we run regular social events such as barbecues and pub crawls to make meeting people that little bit easier. We hope to see you back in Oxford soon!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
9th Jun 2016

Great hostel, friendly staff and clean facilities. Having security lockers in the room, big enough to store a backpack, would have given this hostel a 10/10 review from me. Other than that, amazing place. Highly recommend.

3rd Jun 2016
5.7

I found check in appalling, at first I was told that this was not the correct hostel for my booking and I was then directed to a different hostel which then told me the same thing. After I returned and showed my booking to the man at reception he conceded without an apology that I was correct and he then assigned me a bed and quickely told me where things were in the hostel before disappearing to watch TV.