Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

Friendly staff, close to thr centre of town. More power points would be very handy.

Central Oxford Backpackers was one of the best inns I have stayed at in my many travels. Great people, great atmosphere and amenities! I will certainly stay with them again. A+!

Central Backpackers Oxford is a friendly, clean & well located hostel in Oxford. There is a great kitchen where you can cook your own meals, a decent sized dining room & also a nice little lounge with a huge TV & lots of books & movies for rainy days. My only complaint would be that on Friday & Saturday nights it's incredibly noisy - one of the noisiest hostels I've ever stayed in - as there are 2 or 3 night clubs directly across the road. You won't get much sleep over the weekend!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

A fine range of visitors. Some VG points some more disappointing. 12 bed dorm needs a rethink (re things I pointed out to which the manager responded as best she could: it needsair vents to corridor. Folk by windows shut them &/or pull blackout curtains but as tiered-beds block access for others, lowish ceiling plus thickish quilts and closed door mean the room got short of air & too warm. I more often needed a shower: that must raise fuel bills. Faded quilt covers still look tired.

• 17th Sep 2015

Lovely hostel, friendly atmosphere, friendly staff.

The beds are amazingly comfortable and they have an awesome upstairs patio.

This place had some awsome things like the full kitcen and that the rooms were not that crowded. I enjoyed my stay i just did not like haveing to pay 4 pounds to get my laundry done but it was alright, their was a full kitcthen to use so that made up for it.

If you want to be welcoming, don't make laughing comment with your friend, looking at me.

Great place!

Wahsrooms not so clean, staff not very friendly

Bad: Check out at 10.30am and check in at 3pm!!! For a group of 10 (2 rooms) check in was a nightmare, not very friendly staff. Noisy at night, it's just above a zone of bars/pubs - they give you earplugs when you check in :S Just a couple of toilets/showers for the floor. Poor breakfast. Normally breakfast in hostels is not a great variety of options but this was very poor, not even something wholemeal, or fruit. Good: they do your bed, have towels to borrow, can leave your bag in recepcti

Pretty awesome hostel! The breakfast and kitchen facilities were great, good location, really nice common areas, and very clean overall. Definitely recommended!

Relaxed atmosphere, very friendly helpful staff. Open minded guests and clean facilities. also an excellent rooftop bar. Cheers to oxford backpackers

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are really glad to read you had a wonderful stay!

Staff very welcoming and friendly, nice terrace

• 23rd Aug 2015

Cheers! Come back soon!

Staff wasn't very friendly or helpful and the internet didn't work in the rooms. Only a couple outlets in each room and not enough bathrooms/showers for the amount of guests. Average hostel at best. Very loud at night thanks to the club/bar nearby. You could hear its music. They do have free earplugs though. Close to bus station and city center.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a wonderful experience here! I can assure you that it must have been a one-off as we have a fantastic team here from all over the world. We have made the most of the space we have to offer spacious shower areas. Being in the city center, of course we are impacted by noise. We offer free earplugs and have upgraded our windows in recent years in order to tackle this.

Beds were good, good windows so no noise from the street. Good kitchen, common room and wifi.

Great place! Great people! Great opportunity to meet and converse with others from all over the world.

• 15th Aug 2015

Thanks so much for your great comments! Come back soon!

Nice hostel, which makes you feel at home right away. Really nice staff, and clean kitchen, where they provide breakfast in the morning. They have a rooftop terrace, which is really nice. It's about a 5 minute walk into the city centre, so fairly central.

Great location in Oxford with a smooth check in & good security. Great communication with the staff. Facilities such as the toilets could do with some improvements.

Kind of dirty and felt really crammed

Hi, thanks for your feedback! The hostel is cleaned daily. Being in an old building offers a rustic feeling. We have made the most of the space we have to provide guests with nice areas to relax, eat, cook, clean and sleep!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5