Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

Mainly in the bathroom, the cleanliness is rather poor. Anywhere else it is quite good :-)

• 16th Dec 2013

It was an alright hostel. I visited in winter though so maybe that why there were mainly only long-termers staying there

I only stayed here for a night, but from what I can tell the place was safe and relatively clean. The staff were also incredibly friendly and helpful, and it made for a very nice atmosphere.

Excellent

• 1st Dec 2013

Very friendly staff, nice accommodations, everything was great! My only comment would be that the bathrooms left a little to be desired (water temperature in the shower constantly fluctuated and the toilets were hard to flush.)

• 16th Nov 2013

Everything is good, But, the shower is not hot enough, even a little cold. Except this, Central Backpackers is a good accommodation where I would like to stay in again.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

it is not quite clean and especially noisy at night. the kitchen is quite smelly and the bathroom is small and the water is cold. On the floor there is a lot of hair in the bathroom. we can't have a shower.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • China

It took me some time to find the hostel. The reception is tiny, but the staff is nice. The person showed me around and I got a free towel. The bed was the best hostel bed I have slept in. Very comfortable and the duvet was nice too, with union jack sheets. I could lock the shower and was by myself, with a little bench to put my clothes on. In the morning there was a free breakfast with Marmite/peanut butter/jam/Nutella for the toast and cereals, Milk, tea, coffee. I enjoyed staying there!

very nice

Another friendly but grubby English hostel. Pretty noisy but bearable. It was nice to have breakfast provided, even though its just toast etc. The only truly uncool thing was the cleaning staff propping open our bedroom door - each day I'd come back to find the door wide open with my stuff just waiting to be pilfered. Close the door cleaners so people's stuff doesn't get stolen by random guests!

• 24th Oct 2013

The beds are good and most of the showers are very good. the lack of electric plugs was a little uncomfortable.

1 2 Next » last »