Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

Staff were more involved with themselves than making the guests welcome. Sadly nonpersonal for a small hostel.

General grubby ... worn out feel to it all; stains on carpets... dirty toilet areas.

Absolutely loved it!

• 25th Oct 2015
  • India

I think, I had a good stay. However, I did not like the breakfast the food served is cheap food and totally unhealthy. Toast, Sugar juice, sugar cereals, black tea. igitt. For having a bed in a hostel dorm the price is expensive.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Switzerland

Please note that I booked this on behalf of two young Belgian researchers. I ham giving this feedback on their behalf.

• 21st Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I had a realy great time at this hostel! Especially the meetings with the staff were great!

• 18th Oct 2015

Nice hostel, great staff and good location. Oxford is not that big, this hostel is located in the main party zone so it is ok for sightseing and really good for party. They offer free earplugs for those not on party mood, but i will not recommend it if u are not partying ;)

The best place in the world!!!! With great people inside, and in a fantastic location!!!

• 7th Oct 2015

Overall tatty condition (old worn carpet in hallways), bed sheets did not smell fresh, dorm room had a musty smell. Annie was friendly but rest of staff wasn't. Overall not a well kept place compared to YHA down the road.

• 5th Oct 2015

We had a great stay here! It was clean, comfy, and they even supplied towels which was AWESOME.

Friendly staff, close to thr centre of town. More power points would be very handy.

Central Oxford Backpackers was one of the best inns I have stayed at in my many travels. Great people, great atmosphere and amenities! I will certainly stay with them again. A+!

Central Backpackers Oxford is a friendly, clean & well located hostel in Oxford. There is a great kitchen where you can cook your own meals, a decent sized dining room & also a nice little lounge with a huge TV & lots of books & movies for rainy days. My only complaint would be that on Friday & Saturday nights it's incredibly noisy - one of the noisiest hostels I've ever stayed in - as there are 2 or 3 night clubs directly across the road. You won't get much sleep over the weekend!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

A fine range of visitors. Some VG points some more disappointing. 12 bed dorm needs a rethink (re things I pointed out to which the manager responded as best she could: it needsair vents to corridor. Folk by windows shut them &/or pull blackout curtains but as tiered-beds block access for others, lowish ceiling plus thickish quilts and closed door mean the room got short of air & too warm. I more often needed a shower: that must raise fuel bills. Faded quilt covers still look tired.

• 17th Sep 2015

Lovely hostel, friendly atmosphere, friendly staff.

The beds are amazingly comfortable and they have an awesome upstairs patio.

This place had some awsome things like the full kitcen and that the rooms were not that crowded. I enjoyed my stay i just did not like haveing to pay 4 pounds to get my laundry done but it was alright, their was a full kitcthen to use so that made up for it.

If you want to be welcoming, don't make laughing comment with your friend, looking at me.

Great place!

Wahsrooms not so clean, staff not very friendly