Central Backpackers Reviews

1910 Total Reviews

the staff is the best

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Spain

Thanks for your comments! We do have a very lovely team at the hostel!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in - fantastic atmosphere and excellent facilities

Thank you, thank you, thank you! What wonderful feedback! We really appreciate it :-)

The staff were friendly, I've enjoyed my stay.

Thank you for your feedback! We hope to welcome you again soon.

Hostel staff was great! Would've like a bit more warning about the nightlife outside my window. Seemed dingy but fine for the two nights I was there.

We're glad you had a good experience here with us. Unfortunately the noise from the local nightlife can impact us, so we make sure our complimentary ear plugs are always topped up and available for the guests. Being situated inside an old, English building, we believe it is charming and full of character!

Really great hostel, beds fairly comfortable and the bathroom facilities were clean and good. Really like the common areas, tv room is comfy, plenty of room for dining and the bar area had a great atmosphere.

It's brilliant to hear such good comments! We are really glad to know you had a great stay, which is the most important thing to us here. Hopefully we shall meet again!

Very clean. Very helpful staff and great atmosphere.

Good Hostel overall. Not easy to find for the first time though as the street numbers on that street make no sense at all!

Thanks for your feedback, we are glad you managed to find us! We have tried to make it easier for guests by painting the door yellow, however the road can be confusing. We are more than happy to come and find our guests if you are lost near by, just give us a call :-)

Loved my stay! Really enjoyed this hostel. Great location close bus and train stations as well as the high street. The hostel was clean and the staff were friendly. Thankfully the noise wasn't as bad as I'd expected from previous reviews but there are free ear plugs supplied If you need them which I didn't. Free hot drinks and breakfast were also a great touch and I'd definitely stay again next time I'm in Oxford!

Hi! We're glad that the noise didn't affect your sleep - we want to make sure you get a good rest! Thank you for your great comments, we enjoyed welcoming you here with us.

Very funny visitors and staff, I'll came back next week. lol

• 9th Oct 2014

We look forward to your return!

Great location, close to everything. Helpful staff, and really friendly atmosphere. Would definitely stay again!

We must say, we love being in such a central location. Good food, the city centre, history, the train and bus station all on our doorstep - we are spoilt! We're really glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Central Backpackers, hopefully we will meet again!

I was there for three nights and it was my first hostel experience so I was not sure what to expect. I enjoyed every moment there and it felt a little like home. The staff was great, always smiling and helpful. Everything was clean and the guest civilized. If I ever find myself in need of accommodation while in Oxford...that's the place I'll go to :)

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Romania

We are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful first experience of a hostel with us! We like to think of Central Backpackers as our home and will always welcome our guests with our arms wide open! We hope to meet you again one day here in the beautiful city of Oxford!

Very nice hostel located not too far from the city centre. Good value for money, will definitely use again in the future.

• 28th Sep 2014

Great hostel

Had a great stay, the staff were friendly and helpful with great recommendations for places to eat and everything. The wifi worked well and the bathrooms were alright, although there weren't many showers.. Was a bit loud at night but the hostel had free earplugs so noise wasn't a problem!

Your comfort is so important to us so it is great to hear you had a good nights sleep! We always encourage guests to help themselves to ear plugs - being in such a central location things can get lively here in Oxford!

Well, I wouldn't say this is the best hostel I've stayed in the UK but it is probably the best one in Oxford. Very close to the rail station, making it easy to unload my luggage before touring around the city. And restaurants and shops are just two blocks from the hostel. The only shortcoming perhaps is there are not very many basins but this is not uncommon for hostel. The good thing is that they have plenty of toilet and shower rooms. Quite nice for the overall experience.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Thank you for your feedback! Our location is something we pride ourselves on, Oxford is a great city. With regards to the basins, we have taken your comments on board so that we can move forward towards improving the hostel.

Weekends can get a little loud at night due to other pubs / bars / clubs nearby. Not fault of hostel.

Hi, we are glad you enjoyed staying with us here at Central Backpackers. Oxford can be quite a happening place come the weekends, so we always make sure our complimentary ear plugs are topped up for all our guests to use. A good nights sleep is a must for all :-)

Great time spent! Staff are friendly and the atmosphere is awesome!

Located in a first floor without elevator, so you must go up and down with your lugagge along steep and narrow stairs. The staff seems to be people living there, not very willing to assist guest unless absolutely necessary. Not enough bathrooms and showers for all guests. Rooms with lockers.

There should be more sinks outside the room if there isn't any in the room.

Thank you for your feedback. We have taken your comments on board in order to improve our hostel.

It is a nice hostel. Very clean and near the centre. You can cook in the kitchen and there is a free breakfast (Bread, butter, milk, coffee, tea, nutella).