Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

2097 Total Reviews

An enjoyable one night stay in Oxford during a beautiful Spring week. My only complaint was the noise coming from the street the whole night (not a big issue as this is all part and parcel of staying in hostels) - just if you do want a quiet night, ask for a room at the back of the hostel. Otherwise a great stay:)

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • South Africa

I loved it here! Staff so sweet and always helpful! They clean all through the day so the hostel is spotless! Teraze is awesome to socialise with fellow travelers!

Really good stay. No problems with staff or fellow residents. Only problem was being opposite Lave Ignite so a bit noisy (thanks for the ear plugs though).

• 30th May 2015

The free breakfast was good. The loud club across the street was not. Even with the windows shut I could hear and feel the bass while I was in the shower on the clear other side of the building. Noise didn't die down until around 3am, and you could hear it through your earplugs. The staff weren't very helpful, but seemed somewhat nice. We were not kept informed about door code changes. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms very well if at all. But Oxford was worth the trouble, it's an amazing city!

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. As soon as we changed the door code (for extra security) a sign was immediately put up on the stairs so that all guests will see when leaving the building. Alongside this, we make sure everyone has the new door code before finishing - regardless of the time. As for the noise, we try our best to provide a comfortable night sleep by providing ear plugs and upgrading the windows in recent years. Staff are always happy to help if you are to ask :-)

Free towels, hair dryer and locks, which was great, but too few sinks

• 26th May 2015

Thanks for your comments! I'm glad you had a good stay and made the most of our facilities. We have tried to make the most of the space we have however we will always be limited by the nature of the building.

good hostel, clean and kindness.

• 25th May 2015
  • South Korea

Wish there were more options of where to stay in Oxford, because I definitely would Not stay here again!

Excellent atmosphere, nice communal areas (especially the terrace), and perfect location. VERY helpful and friendly staff. The hostel feels safe and the bathrooms, dorms, and communal space are clean. If I look for a hostel in Oxford again, I know where to go!

• 23rd May 2015

Street side room was very noisy with people partying all night long. They provide ear plugs but they only reduced the noise level. Two windows didn't shut completely. Hostel itself is average although it's great that they provide milk for the tea. The staff leaves much to be desired though. My 11:30 arrival seemed To have awoken the young man that greeted me. No city map to give me. Breakfast was to start at 7:00 but by 7:45 no staff member to be found and kitchen locked. Room lockers too small

Thank you for your feedback. Our reception closes at 11pm as advertised on all our booking websites, so it was a kind gesture of a staff member to wait. I have taken note of the dates you stayed and will speak with the relevant staff member about the kitchen. The lockers are there for small items such as laptops etc. Any bigger, they would take too much space. With regards to noise, unfortunately we will be impacted due to having such a good location in a student city. Thanks again

This place could really do with some proper investment in its facilities. Located right in front of a busy niteclub, the all-night noise could be a hassle for some people - although at least the hostel does provide free earplugs by way of acknowledgement. Otherwise, it is nicely located close to the city centre and main transport hubs. Given the facilities and poor cleanliness, I didn't find it good value for money.

Great staff.

Thanks! The team here are wonderful and all loved having you to stay! Come back soon :-)

Nice, clean and helpful staff. Would recommend.

Thanks so much :-) I'm glad you enjoyed our lovely hostel!

Very impressed with this place. Great kitchen area which we could use and very clean dorms. Super nice staff who gave us a wonderful tour of the hostel when we arrived! The location was pretty good as well just a short walk from the city centre :)

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you had a great stay here at Central Backpackers. The staff are a wonderful asset to the hostel and it's great to read brilliant feedback about them and the brilliant job they are doing :-) Come back soon!

I loved this place. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend for a stay in oxford.

Thanks very much for your lovely comments! We will miss you!

Overall it was a very good experience! First time staying in a hostel with friends, and it gave us a good first impression! The staff were really friendly, and everything was really clean! Lots of facilities, including free wifi, towels, movies, kitchen facilities etc so we really had everything we needed :)

• 16th May 2015
  • Singapore

I'm glad to hear you had such a great time here at Central Backpackers and enjoyed your first hostel experience. Hopefully we will welcome you back again in the future :-)

Very good. But not excellent. I'd still recommend the hostel. Pity about the snorer in room 4 who ruined it for lots of people from about 04:00 and managed to drive at least one person out by 04:20. (Please provide electric cattle prod to deal with such antisocial snoring people!) I was tired all day! Otherwise great. Nice hot shower too.

• 14th May 2015

Thanks for your comments! Unfortunately that is a risk with staying in hostels - the infamous snorer! Feedback noted ;-)

It was goodto stay there, everyone was friendly and I very much liked the fact that they even had a blowdryer!

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. We're glad the hairdryer was useful!

You really feel home here and the staff is very welcoming! I loved my time here! The rooftop is also amazing! Would definitely come back :)

Thanks for your feedback! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and had fun with our great team of staff! Safe Travels :-)

One of the best hostels we ever stayed in. Super friendly welcoming staff, a cosy and friendly atmosphere, great living room and rooftop bar, cosy beds, breakfast included. Couldn't have wished for more! :)

• 3rd May 2015

Thank you so much! Come and visit again soon :-)

Nice place. The staff were a bit hard to find sometimes and not hugely welcoming. The door that makes a massive bang every time you close it really sucks and kept me awake at night!! Also more shelving or hooks in the rooms would be great!!

• 1st May 2015

Thanks for your feedback! I've noted your comments and we are using them to improve the service we offer. The door is being fixed as we speak :-) Come back soon!