Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

Bathroom clean. I liked.

I arrived at night and it was not very easy spot as there wasn't a clear sign apart from the one on the door.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

the staff was very nice, I enjoyed the wee breakfest in the morning. unfortunately the shower rooms, toilets were dirty, maybe because the hostel was fully booked. great location!

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Very easy to stay here. Nice and helpful staff, the cleanliness was surprising! We slept great in the 4 bed dorm, and even got towels. And the breakfast is a really nice touch. All in all: super value for money!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Austria

Stayed only for a night, but felt very comfortable. Location is very central and staff welcoming and helpful.

Great location where near to bus station.

The best hostel in Oxford!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Mexico

The staff does not know the most important events that is going on in Oxford and does not know how to deal in a polite way with the travelers.

Thank you for your comments. Oxford is a major tourist destination and University town with loads of exciting activities daily it would be impossible to know every event. We do have posters and flyers of current events and work closely with the Oxford Tourist Board to keep up to date of the latest happenings. Our staff have won awards for customer service and friendliness and we are very proud of them, We will discuss your comments in our next meeting.

I have to say it is just ok. The bed is not that good and clean.

Nice staff, excellent location, bathroom facilities ok, good kitchen facilities and a lovely living room!

• 20th Mar 2014

Not one complaint. It was my first time staying in hostel and I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, comfy bed, the staff were friendly and the free breakfast was very much appreciated. It is in an ideal location since it is a short walking distance from both the train station and shopping centre. I stayed for work reasons and would stay again. I definitely recommend it. :)

• 10th Mar 2014

Being above a night club is not ideal. Charging £1 as service charge twice, ie first for making the booking and then to pay in the hostel, is excessive. Good cleanliness but description on website not correct (eg. no hairdryers apart from the private ones that the staff is friendly enough to give out)

• 8th Mar 2014

The booking fee is from HW the booking agent not us and the other service charge is from the bank who provide the credit card machine as was explained to you at check in. There are many bank machines close by that you could have gone to and got cash out. As for the hairdryers we have them available for all to use at not cost however we do not leave them lying around, this is why you had to ask a staff member to get one for you. I hope this answers your points and hope to see you in Oxford soon.

1 2 3 Next » last »