Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

1951 Total Reviews

Very noisy music in the bar of the hostel until 2 am. It is difficult to sleep. The hostel SHOULD mention this on their website.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Japan

Hi there, we close our small deck area at 11pm every evening, so the noise must have been coming from the local pubs and clubs. Being in such a central location of a busy student town means that unfortunately we can be affected by noise. We do offer complimentary ear plugs for all guests to help make their sleep more comfortable.

the staff is the best

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Spain

Thanks for your comments! We do have a very lovely team at the hostel!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in - fantastic atmosphere and excellent facilities

Thank you, thank you, thank you! What wonderful feedback! We really appreciate it :-)

The staff were friendly, I've enjoyed my stay.

Thank you for your feedback! We hope to welcome you again soon.

Hostel staff was great! Would've like a bit more warning about the nightlife outside my window. Seemed dingy but fine for the two nights I was there.

We're glad you had a good experience here with us. Unfortunately the noise from the local nightlife can impact us, so we make sure our complimentary ear plugs are always topped up and available for the guests. Being situated inside an old, English building, we believe it is charming and full of character!

Really great hostel, beds fairly comfortable and the bathroom facilities were clean and good. Really like the common areas, tv room is comfy, plenty of room for dining and the bar area had a great atmosphere.

It's brilliant to hear such good comments! We are really glad to know you had a great stay, which is the most important thing to us here. Hopefully we shall meet again!

Very clean. Very helpful staff and great atmosphere.

Good Hostel overall. Not easy to find for the first time though as the street numbers on that street make no sense at all!

Thanks for your feedback, we are glad you managed to find us! We have tried to make it easier for guests by painting the door yellow, however the road can be confusing. We are more than happy to come and find our guests if you are lost near by, just give us a call :-)

Loved my stay! Really enjoyed this hostel. Great location close bus and train stations as well as the high street. The hostel was clean and the staff were friendly. Thankfully the noise wasn't as bad as I'd expected from previous reviews but there are free ear plugs supplied If you need them which I didn't. Free hot drinks and breakfast were also a great touch and I'd definitely stay again next time I'm in Oxford!

Hi! We're glad that the noise didn't affect your sleep - we want to make sure you get a good rest! Thank you for your great comments, we enjoyed welcoming you here with us.

Very funny visitors and staff, I'll came back next week. lol

• 9th Oct 2014

We look forward to your return!

Great location, close to everything. Helpful staff, and really friendly atmosphere. Would definitely stay again!

We must say, we love being in such a central location. Good food, the city centre, history, the train and bus station all on our doorstep - we are spoilt! We're really glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Central Backpackers, hopefully we will meet again!

I was there for three nights and it was my first hostel experience so I was not sure what to expect. I enjoyed every moment there and it felt a little like home. The staff was great, always smiling and helpful. Everything was clean and the guest civilized. If I ever find myself in need of accommodation while in Oxford...that's the place I'll go to :)

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Romania

We are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful first experience of a hostel with us! We like to think of Central Backpackers as our home and will always welcome our guests with our arms wide open! We hope to meet you again one day here in the beautiful city of Oxford!

1 2 3 Next » last »