Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

I have to say it is just ok. The bed is not that good and clean.

Nice staff, excellent location, bathroom facilities ok, good kitchen facilities and a lovely living room!

• 20th Mar 2014

Not one complaint. It was my first time staying in hostel and I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, comfy bed, the staff were friendly and the free breakfast was very much appreciated. It is in an ideal location since it is a short walking distance from both the train station and shopping centre. I stayed for work reasons and would stay again. I definitely recommend it. :)

• 10th Mar 2014

Being above a night club is not ideal. Charging £1 as service charge twice, ie first for making the booking and then to pay in the hostel, is excessive. Good cleanliness but description on website not correct (eg. no hairdryers apart from the private ones that the staff is friendly enough to give out)

• 8th Mar 2014

The booking fee is from HW the booking agent not us and the other service charge is from the bank who provide the credit card machine as was explained to you at check in. There are many bank machines close by that you could have gone to and got cash out. As for the hairdryers we have them available for all to use at not cost however we do not leave them lying around, this is why you had to ask a staff member to get one for you. I hope this answers your points and hope to see you in Oxford soon.

I loved it.

i enjoyed my stay. its easily accessible to both couch station and train station. the staff was willing to help. i was staying in a 12 bed room and it was no problem at all.

Very good. Good location and rooms:-)

• 15th Feb 2014

This places feels more like home than a hostel. The staff gives you a tour of the entire place when you check in and tells you everything you need to know about Oxford. The rooms are cozy and the people there are wonderful. Everyone wants to talk to you in this hostel instead of stare at their phones. WIFI and location were great. There are several bathrooms in this hostel and some are not so clean. Go look at all of them and pick the cleanest before you shower. Some were much much cleaner.

1 2 3 Next » last »