Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

1988 Total Reviews

I have to say that I am a bit shocked about the state of the facilities, especially the WC's and bathrooms. There was no visible evidence of building maintenance or appropriate cleaning. The sink was blocked, the dustbin was rusty, the walls and skirting boards were dirty. Everything looked like a 'badly done' DIY project and not even close to a professional commission that I would expect to see in a building that main purpose is to accommodate guests on a daily basis. - Sorry.

• 5th Jan 2015

Thanks for your feedback. We have a team of staff who clean all facilities multiple times a day. Our building is old and has natural wear and tear - we believe this adds to the character and stops us being a sterile, bland property. Whilst I agree this may not be to everyone's taste, the majority of our guests have a great time here and appreciate we are a hostel rather than a hotel, which is reflected in the prices we charge. We maintain great cleaning standards and will continue to do so.

It was a wonderful stay with great staff :) Unfotunately i stayed only one night and didnt get a chance to talk to much with them.. but very nice :)

Thank you for your lovely comments! Hopefully we will meet you back in Oxford again soon :-)

Nice hostel, very easy for my night there! A bigger locker in the room would be great.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Thanks for your feedback. Due to space restrictions in the room, lockers much bigger would take up quite a bit of space. Any larger items can always be stored in our locked reception. See you again!

have stayed here before and would stay here again. clean, relatively quiet. Like the outside bar/smoking area. Lost my ID before arriving which wasn't a problem.

Hi! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here!

This was my first hostel experience and I really enjoyed it. I had nothing to compare it to so I thought it was fantastic. I loved the tight,close atmosphere that the hostel had. It was very easy to meet new people in the dining area and the TV room. The showers and bathrooms were placed oddly around the hostel, but they were good enough. The staff didn't really seem to take there job seriously and we're not super friendly or helpful. Nonetheless,I think central backpackers is a quality hostel.

• 13th Dec 2014

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you had a good stay and enjoyed your first hostel experience. We have a great team of staff here at Central Backpackers so I am sorry you did not experience this, I have taken note. Cheers! :-)

Nice laied back environment, a little grungy in some areas, simple breakfast and enough, good area to cook, beds were comfortable but the pillow was very, very flat, great location close to the bus and train station and places to eat out, I enjoyed my stay!

We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay here! I have taken your feedback about the pillows on board in order to improve our services.

room 4 lights switch is difficult to locate by a newcomer

Feedback noted - we will make sure guests are made aware of the switch when checking in, thank you! :-)

Good place

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Kenya

Thanks man! :-)

Absolutely Perfect! Not only that, there's a roof garden space to relax in. Best hostel I ever stayed in with fantastic management too!

Hi! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel! And thanks for leaving such a nice review! Greatly appreciated! Hope to have you back here in the future! :)

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Great staff and atmosphere. Good all around - no complaints.

Happy you enjoyed your stay here! See you next time in Oxford! :)

Excellent staff. Highly reccommended

Thank you! Come back soon :-)

1 2 3 Next » last »