Central Backpackers Reviews

13 Park End Street, Oxford, England

1927 Total Reviews

Well, I wouldn't say this is the best hostel I've stayed in the UK but it is probably the best one in Oxford. Very close to the rail station, making it easy to unload my luggage before touring around the city. And restaurants and shops are just two blocks from the hostel. The only shortcoming perhaps is there are not very many basins but this is not uncommon for hostel. The good thing is that they have plenty of toilet and shower rooms. Quite nice for the overall experience.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Thank you for your feedback! Our location is something we pride ourselves on, Oxford is a great city. With regards to the basins, we have taken your comments on board so that we can move forward towards improving the hostel.

Weekends can get a little loud at night due to other pubs / bars / clubs nearby. Not fault of hostel.

Hi, we are glad you enjoyed staying with us here at Central Backpackers. Oxford can be quite a happening place come the weekends, so we always make sure our complimentary ear plugs are topped up for all our guests to use. A good nights sleep is a must for all :-)

Great time spent! Staff are friendly and the atmosphere is awesome!

Located in a first floor without elevator, so you must go up and down with your lugagge along steep and narrow stairs. The staff seems to be people living there, not very willing to assist guest unless absolutely necessary. Not enough bathrooms and showers for all guests. Rooms with lockers.

There should be more sinks outside the room if there isn't any in the room.

Thank you for your feedback. We have taken your comments on board in order to improve our hostel.

It is a nice hostel. Very clean and near the centre. You can cook in the kitchen and there is a free breakfast (Bread, butter, milk, coffee, tea, nutella).

Hostel was pretty average. The deck/patio area with the bar was a cool spot to hang out in, but it was a bit difficult to get the staffs attention to order a drink. Beds were comfortable. My main complaint was that the hostel is located VERY close to bars. Which is good to hang out in, but I was unable to sleep between 3am and 5am due to screaming, breaking of bottles, etc. occurring outside the window. And it was LOUD. Not the hostels fault, per say, but still unpleasant.

This place is in a fantastic location in the centre of Oxford, for this reason the cost to stay is a bit steeper, but in my opinion the great kitchen and communal areas more than make up for it. The only thing to note is that this is not a party hostel, quite a few language students from the school nearby are here so the atmosphere is quite quiet at times. In saying that the staff are young and happy to recommend somewhere to spend your time for a great night out.

Everything is good except it is a bit expensive.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • China

Not the nicest but a decent hostel. Hostel rooms and building felt rather small and old. But the price is right, location is great, and the rooftop bar area and TV/movie lounge were awesome places to hang out. Easy to miss on the street, no sign.

• 20th Aug 2014

The staff are helpful, efficient and very friendly. The atmosphere is very relaxed. Security, location, cleanliness and value for money are all good. Another hand basin would be good as they are often busy with people cleaning their teeth etc, whilst people coming out of the toilet want to wash their hands.

• 17th Aug 2014

Thank you so much, it's very nice place to stay! Well done guys :)

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

A friendly hostel with comfortable beds, and nice staff. It was really busy when I stayed (August), and there were definitely not enough bathrooms/showers per number of guests, but I managed ok for a short stay. The bar seemed really nice, but I didn't have time enjoy it myself. The location/proximity to train station is ideal.

very nice location and cleanliness :) and so cheap i had so good time in this hostel!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The rooftop BBQ, was great and a huge thanks to Chris for helping me out during my stay!!!!

The hostel was awesome even though we had a problem with the shower which was definitely too hot, otherwise everthing was really perfect !!

• 4th Aug 2014

The location is perfect and the hostel is very clean and cosy. I will choose it next time I'm in Oxford.

This hostel is sure to be the best hostel I have ever stayed. The staff are very nice and try to help me in every way. Although the place is small, it has a outdoor activity area just like a little garden, you can easily bring along your computer and drinks here to plan your next day's schedule. For the room and bathroom, THEY ARE REALLY GOOD AND CLEAN!!! You don't need to pay deposit for getting a hairdryer. The breakfast is simple but satisfactory.

1 2 3 Next » last »