Central Globetrotter Hostel Reviews

Kurt-Schumacher Strasse 41, Leipzig, Germany

It's a quite nice experience to stay at this hostel! It only cost 2 mins to walk to the main station and of course close to some famous point. The room and shower room are clean and the bed is very soft and comfortable. I slept very well. And the staffs are very friendly and always with smile:) They fixed the warmer as soon as we told them it doesn't work. The room I stayed is beside the street so can hear the sound of streetcars but it doesn't really noisy to me. Recommend!

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Can't complain too much overall. :) You get what you pay for I guess. A few annoying things though... The showers were pretty dodgy with plastic shower curtains separating the cubicles, and there were no hooks right by the shower so you either risk getting your clothes wet or walking out naked infront of people. The wifi dropped in and out constantly which was pretty damn annoying when I was trying to find places to go. Location is very central, but noisy by the tram line.

thank you for your comment! we will have a look if it is possible to have hooks direct at the shower! and we are very sorry that the WiFi was not working well - it usually works very good :/ next time just use the free guest computer at reception if WiFi makes problems. happy travels!

There was nothing to complain about. Very good price. Very nice staff.

• 27th Oct 2014

This hostel is amazing! There is friendly staff, good location and a good atmosphere! The only thing that was not excellent was the lack of knives in the kitchen. But everything was excellent ! If I went back to Leipzig then I would go back for sure!

thank you for that nice comment! pls let us know about the knives the next times, we always have enough left in our kitchen and probably forgot to fill up in the guest kitchen :/ hasta la proxima, alex & the Cg team

Pretty great hostel, very close to the hauptbanhof. Trams go right past at night so earplugs are a must. Super comfy beds! Wifi doesn't reach the third level, and they charge for sheets (pretty normal in our experience of German hostels) but that's all manageable. The only real downside is the zero privacy showers. Legitimately the WORST showers we've encountered.

Perfect location; easy to reach everything as Leipzig is such a small city. Very clean and spacious in the rooms. Kitchen facilities are amazing. Only issue was with the bathrooms. The showers have no privacy and you have to continuously press a button to get water. Otherwise had an excellent time, very chill, nice place to stay for a few days.

It's very near hauptbahnhof, which is very convenience. However the shower room for man on first floor is quite "open". And do hope they have fixed the pipes in the kitchen.

When I asked them somthing, they always answered me kindly. It was very good to stay here. I want to stay again.

• 18th Aug 2014