Central Globetrotter Hostel Reviews

Kurt-Schumacher Strasse 41, Leipzig, Germany

Can't complain too much overall. :) You get what you pay for I guess. A few annoying things though... The showers were pretty dodgy with plastic shower curtains separating the cubicles, and there were no hooks right by the shower so you either risk getting your clothes wet or walking out naked infront of people. The wifi dropped in and out constantly which was pretty damn annoying when I was trying to find places to go. Location is very central, but noisy by the tram line.

thank you for your comment! we will have a look if it is possible to have hooks direct at the shower! and we are very sorry that the WiFi was not working well - it usually works very good :/ next time just use the free guest computer at reception if WiFi makes problems. happy travels!

There was nothing to complain about. Very good price. Very nice staff.

• 27th Oct 2014

This hostel is amazing! There is friendly staff, good location and a good atmosphere! The only thing that was not excellent was the lack of knives in the kitchen. But everything was excellent ! If I went back to Leipzig then I would go back for sure!

thank you for that nice comment! pls let us know about the knives the next times, we always have enough left in our kitchen and probably forgot to fill up in the guest kitchen :/ hasta la proxima, alex & the Cg team

Pretty great hostel, very close to the hauptbanhof. Trams go right past at night so earplugs are a must. Super comfy beds! Wifi doesn't reach the third level, and they charge for sheets (pretty normal in our experience of German hostels) but that's all manageable. The only real downside is the zero privacy showers. Legitimately the WORST showers we've encountered.

Perfect location; easy to reach everything as Leipzig is such a small city. Very clean and spacious in the rooms. Kitchen facilities are amazing. Only issue was with the bathrooms. The showers have no privacy and you have to continuously press a button to get water. Otherwise had an excellent time, very chill, nice place to stay for a few days.

It's very near hauptbahnhof, which is very convenience. However the shower room for man on first floor is quite "open". And do hope they have fixed the pipes in the kitchen.

When I asked them somthing, they always answered me kindly. It was very good to stay here. I want to stay again.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Japan

everything smooth!

We just stayed for an evening. It was a nice and clean hostel. And they allowed for payment with my Visa card which is always a plus. They could have better pillows . . . That is our biggest complaint. Otherwise, the wifi was fast, and the room was a welcome respite from our tiresome traveling.

Only stayed there for a night so can't say much but the situation is definitely great, next to the train station / bus terminal and the city center. Dorm, bathroom, kitchen, public area were good! It turned out you can bring your own bed sheets in case anyone wants to save those 2,50 € to lend theirs. Everything was okay!

Pro:The warm and homey atmosphere, very-friendly staff, and welcoming common areas on ground floor. The dorm room (6 bed for me) was clean and the mattress average/acceptable. Con: No in-room lockers big enough for packs and the gang-style, single-sex showers were OK but needed a cleaning (my floor's WC/shower was not cleaned for the 48 hrs I was there - prob for longer). The location was good but for the trains crossing in front - they kept me awake, but I'm a light sleeper - just be aware.

Thank you for your review! It is absolutely impossible that a shower was not cleaned for 48 hours - those are cleaned daily. Sometimes it might look different: we are cleaning from 11 -after check out- but staying people take a shower just after that so it looks "used" again - but we can assure that there is never 1 day without cleaning ;)

Very nice hostel, extremely central, clean and cozy, frindly and helpful staff. Some people wrote that it is loud: yes there is a tram - but in the middle of the city one should not expect silence...i recommend.

• 29th Jun 2014

+ Good value for the money. Everything was O.K. for one-night's crash out. Centrally located, clean, nice guest kitchen, a spacious room. Hot showers with good pressure. - In the 10-bed room, there were sockets only by the door. Bedside lights would also help in such a big room: at night everybody who comes or goes switches on/off the main light. No shelves, very few chairs: mostly, you have to put your stuff on the floor.

Too loud, next time only without a fair.

you gave us one of the worst ratings we ever received - complaining that it was to loud and that there was a fair? ratings on such platforms should be "objective" of course also with complaints - but this is just sad. we wrote a mail to you to aks what made your stay so horrible - no reply. just very poor :((