Central Hongdae Pencil Hostel- Zzzip Reviews

396-41, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Amazing location, extremely chilled out staff and atmosphere, would definitely recommend this place and stay here again. A great place to stay for partying in Hongdae - very close to the bars but far enough for a good night's sleep

This is an amazing hostel that feels like you are staying at a friend's apartment, and Jina and her team are super helpful and friendly. The location is top notch in an area by the Hapjeong subway station is awesome because there are tons to do and to eat, around Hongik University area. The building is well maintained, and located tucked in a small street so peace and quiet can be attain in the middle of all the activities. Will definitely stay here again!

Good hostel. My only disappointment is that after telling the staff the night before we needed to leave at 8am and she told us she would be around - she wasn't and a friend of who happened to be around for some reason (but wasn't manning the counter or anything) hesitantly gave me 10,000 WON from her purse! I felt like a theif! Twas only 10,000 WON but not exactly the point!! Aside from that - the location is great and they were very friendly staff and owners who welcomed us.

I had an extremely nice stay here this past weekend. Jina and Brian were very accommodating, friendly, and hospitable. They were very flexible in my arrival timeframe and provided clear check-in and check-out instructions. The hostel was extremely clean and comfortable. The location couldn't have been any better. There are numerous restaurants, bars, cafes, and convenience stores all within walking distance. I would absolutely stay here again and highly recommend this hostel.

• 21st Sep 2014

Really enjoyed my night there, as well as my friends who stayed longer than me did. It is a human hostel, held by a lovely young couple with 2 young boys. Mister speaks English and can help you with the neighbourhood (right in Hongdae), lots of sightseeing info in the main hall as well. Korean styled showers (meaning without delimitation in the room) so get used to it ^^ I felt very secured with the coding system, and the air conditioning in hot weather! :) a super nice hostel in general !

• 26th Aug 2014

Jina is the best!! I've rarely met such a helpful, going-out-of-her-way person that brings a real smile to this amazing gem of a hostel! Perfectly located in Hongdae, in the middle of bars, restaurants & clubs, just minutes walking from the next subway station, this must surely be one of the best hostels in Seoul! The 4-bed dorm is small, but big enough for large backpacks, and the beds are narrow, but comfy. In general the hostel is quite clean, but the shower is not separated from the toilet.

terrific place, will stay there again! Staff are very helpful, everything is very clean and nice.

Lovely place with very nice people. If you need something or are looking for informations (train, subway, restaurants,...) they will do their best to help you!!! They really are a great help and are always cheerful.

Excellent place to stay. It is in a great location in Hongdae with an excellent variety of shops, cafes and places to eat around it. It is very clean and comfortable with a definite atmosphere to it. The owners are incredible friendly, welcoming and kind, always willing to help and offer as advice or just sit and chat. They always had time to talk ! They made me feel comfortable and welcome and went out of their way to help me with my trip. I was a solo traveller and this was exactly the kin

• 4th Aug 2014

Good location near to the centre of Hongdae, with very helpful and friendly staff. Room was fine, with comfortable beds and much-needed AC for the hot summer. Will definitely visit again :)