Central Hongdae Pencil Hostel- Zzzip Reviews

396-41, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Really enjoyed my night there, as well as my friends who stayed longer than me did. It is a human hostel, held by a lovely young couple with 2 young boys. Mister speaks English and can help you with the neighbourhood (right in Hongdae), lots of sightseeing info in the main hall as well. Korean styled showers (meaning without delimitation in the room) so get used to it ^^ I felt very secured with the coding system, and the air conditioning in hot weather! :) a super nice hostel in general !

• 26th Aug 2014

Jina is the best!! I've rarely met such a helpful, going-out-of-her-way person that brings a real smile to this amazing gem of a hostel! Perfectly located in Hongdae, in the middle of bars, restaurants & clubs, just minutes walking from the next subway station, this must surely be one of the best hostels in Seoul! The 4-bed dorm is small, but big enough for large backpacks, and the beds are narrow, but comfy. In general the hostel is quite clean, but the shower is not separated from the toilet.

terrific place, will stay there again! Staff are very helpful, everything is very clean and nice.

Lovely place with very nice people. If you need something or are looking for informations (train, subway, restaurants,...) they will do their best to help you!!! They really are a great help and are always cheerful.

Excellent place to stay. It is in a great location in Hongdae with an excellent variety of shops, cafes and places to eat around it. It is very clean and comfortable with a definite atmosphere to it. The owners are incredible friendly, welcoming and kind, always willing to help and offer as advice or just sit and chat. They always had time to talk ! They made me feel comfortable and welcome and went out of their way to help me with my trip. I was a solo traveller and this was exactly the kin

• 4th Aug 2014

Good location near to the centre of Hongdae, with very helpful and friendly staff. Room was fine, with comfortable beds and much-needed AC for the hot summer. Will definitely visit again :)

My stay at this hostel was amazing! It had a great location, great facilities and the owners Brian and Jina were amazing! They really made sure that you felt at home and helped me out in every way possible. If I ever go back, there's no other choice than this one. The location, Hongdae, was also one of the best locations in Seoul! Thanks a lot for a great experience guys!

I had an AMAZING stay at Central Hongdae Pencil Hostel- Zzzip!!! I highly recommend this Guesthouse! It was in the ideal location and I felt extremely safe. Additionally, the husband and wife who own the Guesthouse were fantastic. They were nice and extremely helpful, pointing out all the spots I needed to see! You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay here!!!!!

• 24th Jul 2014

I love to travel, especially to Korea! I have been in many hostels in Seoul, but i liked Zzzip the most! The hostel has the perfect location, very close to Hongdae, but still in a area where it's not too crowded. The hostel is very clean, the owners take this very serious! The owners, Bryan and Jina are incredibly friendly. I really enjoyed to talk with them about everything, either tips for restaurants, sightseeing or just about Korean culture! I enjoyed my stay at this hostel a lot!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Very nice and helpful couple, awesome location. Would definitely stay here again.

• 8th Jul 2014

The hostel is located in the heart of the very nice disctrict Hongdae, full of bars, clubs and with great atmosphere. Mr. Kim and his family are very friendly people, who do everything to make your stay pleasant. There is a bathroom in the room and the one in the corridor. Everything is clean, no problem with taking a shower.

Fantastic hostel. Staff were so friendly. Booked for 2 nights and ended up staying 5. Would definitely recommend :)

Really nice place. Good location which is near to metro and many restaurants and cafes. Nice hosts where they talk to you and tell you about where to go and what to eat nearby, and even write down menu for me, like foreigners who didn't know korean. Very nice and I will be there again if theres a chance for me to go to seoul. Highly recommended.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great, friendly staff. The hostel is a short walk (5 minutes) from Hapjeon station, which puts you on the 2 or 6 line.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, atmosphere was very relaxed and comfortable and owners were awesome! I really felt like home there. Room was really nice and comfortable and common space was beautiful and it was a good place to meet other travelers. Free breakfast was really nice surprise! Also location was excellent, area was full of cafes, shops and bars but still the hostel felt peaceful. It was very easy to get from the hostel to all around Seoul. Really had an amazing stay, thanks!!

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Finland

The family running the hostel are super sweet and easy to get along. I had a little trouble with the trains when I got to Seoul at 23:00 but luckily, they were kind enough to pick me up from one of the main train stations downtown.