Central Hostel Riga Reviews

E. Birznieka-Upisa iela 20, Riga, Latvia

The hostel doesnt look like on the pictures, it is more basic and simple, but it is ok. It took me a long time to find the hostel from the train station, but other than that everything was nice. There are lockers in the rooms, everything is clean. Good price-value. There is even a little breakfast! Hair dryers are available. The cleaning lady was a little bit rude - she rushed into the room with the repair guy while I was changing my clothes, and they just came in an kept the door open.

The best. Staff was friendly, helpful and cheerful. Breakfast was great! The common rooms were comfortable and there were lots of books to read.

We had a perfect stay at Central Hostel Riga. The staff was nice, the rooms perfect and a great atmosphere. Was great to have a breakfast! The location is excellent to disdover Riga, near to the bus station and the main station and just a 15min walk to the city center. Would recomment it and defenitley come back on my next visit in Riga.

• 14th Sep 2014

Central Hostel is great - the street it's on seems a bit dodgy at first, but has everything you need (pharmacy, food shops, little corner stores). The hostel itself is friendly and welcoming and the staff was quite helpful. Only minus points: Our mattress was very old and definitely needed replacing. Additionally, the walls are thin, so we could hear everything that happened in the neighboring rooms and in the hallway.

Good service, nice location, friendly staff and effortless stay. Would recommend for others too particularly when the price of accommodation was so reasonable.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Finland

Very good - as usual.

Very good hostel, good location, nice staffs. Recomended!

The best!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • India

I booked a 3 Bed Private Shared Bathroom and we actually had a double bed an extra bed. Not happy with that.

PRO: Very nice and cozy. The best hostel for the ratio quality and price. The kitchen is well furnished and clean. CONS: A bit far from the center (10-15min). Staff not very friendly and not usefull for suggestions of what to see, what to do and where to eat and party. Despite the CONS, i sure reccomend this hostel and i sure reccomend a visit to the city.

I spend just one night there but it has been perfect. Very kind staff and the place is very good.

I loved this hostel! Big open rooms, some single beds, ie not bunk beds, clean, lovely common areas, good wifi, great free breakfast, I ate loads, toast, cheeses, salad. Location was pretty good, short walk to the main city. Loved it here! Thanks guys, will highly recommend!!

Nicely located cheap hostel with all required commodities. Can recommend.

Hostel is fine by our standards. However, if you want to meet people, don't go here.

Cheap and good hostel, near the train and bus station. Just an only problem, the rooms are next to the common room and the noise during the night is annoying because some people do not respect the quiet hours.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far! Lovely staff, has everything you'll need: laundry, free breakfast (get there early, there's lots of people to feed and not so many chairs), free coffee/tea, comfy beds and plenty of recommendations for exploring Riga!

The staff is super nice and helpful. Coffee and tea are always available plus a simple but filling free breakfast every morning from 9 to 11. Plus storage room where we could keep our luggage for few hours after checking out. We definitely would stay there again! Thank you :)

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Really good hostel, Staff was nice and always available. Just 15 minutes by walking to the old town. If i will return to Riga i will surely come back at central hostel :)

Small breakfast included.

I enjoyed my stay there very much. It's very cozy and clean. The staff is super friendly. They smiled at me and greeted me every single time they saw me. I love the fact that even though the bathrooms are shared, they are normal ones with proper doors and privacy, not like other hostels which have multiple showers in a big bathroom and you can hear everyone else taking a shower right next to you.

• 7th Aug 2014