Central Hostel Riga Reviews

E. Birznieka-Upisa iela 20, Riga, Latvia

I'd recommend this hostel. The staff were great and the free breakfast is basic but good. The rooms are a good size and the beds are comfy. I mucked up my booking too and arrived a day later than what I had booked and they didn't make me pay for the first night,which was very nice of them.

small and cosy place with very friendly staff. Only foodsteps to central staton and center of town. shops and bakery around the corner. We wll book again :-)

• 27th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I was at the Hostel for 6 nights. The first four days charges were correct, but when I came back for the last 2 days I was overcharged double. I WASNT HAPPY BUT was stuck.

Really colourful hostel. The room was huge and really close to the toilets. Room and toilets were really clean. The hostel is located around 15min walk to the city centre and more or less the same from Train/Bus station. Quiet place during nights (at least the night we spent there). The kitchen and common areas are not really big, but ok size. They have iron and hair dryer available (really nice! Never seen this before in other hostels I've been).

Only thing I'd conplain - creaky floors. Make noise with every step you take. :D

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Latvia

One of the best hostels I've stayed in and I am happy to give a 100% review! Everything was great, including my roommates :): Wifi connection, common places, breakfast, rest rooms. Staff extremely helpful and enjoyable. Will return here whenever back in Riga!

Spacious, very clean and quite close to everything in Riga (7 minutes to the old town). Spacious and very well equipped kitchen. Breakfast is basic, but free. Good price/value.

Central, yes- to main city Riga. Not old town, where you presumably want to visit as a tourist. Old Town is still only 15 mins walking, but just to point out that the name is misleading. The services and facilities are excellent for the price, and I was satisfied with my stay. Definitely not a party place because of the slightly older clientele. Good for a nice, quiet, cheap trip if you don't mind walking a bit more than you'd have to otherwise.

Cheap, central, a great breakfast. I have stayed in the same hostel last year amd chose it again. Looks nothing like on the pictures, but good value for money. Nobody swipes under the bed though.

I had a single room. It was ok for the price, but not excellent. The sheets and pillows were old and stained, almost gross. The hostel should really invest in new sheets and pillows. The location is a bit far from old town, but still in a walking distance.

Friendly staff, quiet at night, and good breakfast!

My favourite place in the world!

Good hostel in walking distance to old town, bus and train station. Free breakfast is okay, private room was okay but the bathroom wasn't cleaned that often.

Very friendly and helpful staff! Thank you a lot for the safe place you provided for our bikes and the excellent tipp concerning restaurants. The hostel and the staff contibuted a lot to the fact that Riga was one of the highlights of our biketour through six countries and over more than 3000 Kilometers.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Felt like home. Lockers were poor, anyone could have opened them.

Great hostel, great rooms with even a extra hammock. Great breakfast, great and helpful staff

The hostel is located well. It's in walking distance from everything and quiet at night. The rooms are clean and really nice renovated! Breakfast is basic, but ok. The staff is really friendly and helpful! Great deal! Thanks a lot!

• 29th May 2015
  • Switzerland

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. It's very popular,so the kitchen can get overcrowded, but you can eat in the sitting room as well as the kitchen. Very handy to the station.

staffs with a smile, what you need more!!!

• 23rd May 2015

such a cozy hostel, is really well located! loved it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4