Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

Location is good, but staff weren't very friendly and wifi doesn't work in the rooms, only in reception.

• 25th Jun 2015

Although the location was excellent and there was a wash basin in the room, the general outlook of the place was something that was just tolerable. To enter you had to shuffle off the street down to the basement area squeezing bags and all past guests sitting and smoking on the already narrow steps. The small reception doubles as the lounge and the kitchen resembled Harry Potters room under the stairs. Only one shower/toilet for my floor was a bit rough. Beds ok but squeaky, loud street noise

Dirty stinky creaky broken difficult to access toilets (not even on the floor!) with common showers (unacceptable that women and men must meet naked!) insufficient sockets (2 per room of 6 persons who had to recharge phones tablets shavers brushes etc) with small dirty "kitchen" (cannot show the picture of the heap of rubbish!) we did not use also consiering that 50 pp cannot eat in same 8 seats of reception-lunch&livingroom IF WE KNEW WE'D NEVER CHOSEN!

Just awful. The staff wes extremely unhelpful. The booking system is very user UNfriendly, and the staff did nothing to help this situation. Further, the hostel felt highly unsafe, my sister and I are two young females traveling alone and we felt uncomfortable around many of the 'long term' hostel residents. The hostel was also very unclean, cramped, and stuffy. The kitchen was practically unusable and the fridge was stuffed with plastic bags full of rotting food. DON'T STAY HERE.

The hostel was fine. Good things: no curfew, near metro stations. Bad: unfriendly staff, smelly kitchen, wifi only available in lounge.

Great location by Hyde Park and tube lines. Everything else terrible. More drifter vibe than backpacking

Good place for the money. At £12-14 a night it doesn't get any better for the price in central London. No lockers, wifi doesn't reach past first floor but other than that a good stay for a few days.

The hostel is very clean, but the kitchen is small and they just have one fridge foe everybody

• 7th Jun 2015

The room I stayed in was dirty. Stains on the walls and ceilings and there was a lounge chair that was completely disgusting. The room was always hot. The wifi only worked on the ground floor.

• 5th Jun 2015

On the first night we stayed, there was no hot water. The kitchen facilities are quite small and smell a little funny. The internet was spotty, but the people we met there were cool.

Overall good but some points to consider: Put a ladder to the top bunk. Put a side on the top bunk. Make the outdoor area non smoking

Firstly, the location of the hostel was awful and extremely difficult to find. I walked in and was horrified at the place. It was extremely dirty, unwelcoming and had a horrible smell. There was no atmosphere at all and the staff were very unwelcoming. The toilets were disgusting and didn't even have any soap in them. The room was even worse, I would not let a farmyard animal sleep in one of the rooms. The worst place I have ever come across by far! I walked out and didn't even stay the night!

This was far the worst accomodation where I have ever been. There are NO lockers in the rooms, there is NO power socket in the rooms for every bed, the receptionists are outstandingly rude and apathetic and change the options at the arrival. They don't help or assist in any matter and not even bother to say hello or goodbye to you as if they would make favour to you that you can pay a FORTUNE for the lowest service and accomodation. Our money, phones were stolen and it's very dirty.

• 28th May 2015
  • Hungary

The basic essentials of clean beds and showers etc were there, but the hostel had a distinctly run-down and scruffy feel to it. Very pleasant and helpful staff, comfortable beds and the location rescue it though and judging it purelyi as a place to grab a shower and bed down in after a long day sightseeing, this hostel does the job perfectly well. Bit like an old family pet this one, past its prime and looking a bit haggered, but still with a very good heart and soul!!

• 24th May 2015

was pleasantly surprised. dubious after reading other reviews I was glad I saw for myself. the staff were friendly and helpful. the showers were fine with plenty of hot water. the common room was cozy. the location excellent. you walk through the park to the shopping areas or some terrific museums. I will certainly return there anytime I am going to London.

The staff would not allow a lady with mild learning difficulties to access the hostel accommodation despite a phone call to check availability and a booking made online. Refund was provided , however the way the staff dealt with the lady was appalling. This was an unbelievable breech of Equality Legislation that left us speechless.

• 18th May 2015

good and cheap hostel - friendly atmosphere - good rooms

You can only use it for one night!

I was booked in for only two nights, but almost as soon as I checked in that felt like too long. The place was extremely dirty and had an odd smell to it. It might just be because I was travelling on my own, but I just didn't feel comfortable here at all. The bathrooms were not clean at all. The wifi is almost nonexistent, I went to the nearest Starbucks instead. I can't put my finger on it, but the whole place had a weird vibe and I would not recommend it.

My girlfriend and I were scheduled to stay for four nights, but we didn't feel comfortable enough to stay for one. The staff was very rude to us before we even checked in. We did not want to store our luggage there as their storage area is a shed outside of the building. When we finally did check in, the room looked nothing like the pictures on the website and was very dirty. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• 13th May 2015