Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

It is a good hostel to stay in if you are in London for a couple days. You get what you pay for.

Information on the website was incorrect as the times were invalid. The showers is poor (Small and the pipes were leaking). The breakfast had a very low quantity of meals, I couldn't spend my money with that. They had only four plugs in a room for 8 people and the internet doesn't work in the rooms, only at the reception area. To sum up, VERY DISORGANIZED staff members. Upon arrival, my friends and I booked as a group but we were separated on the second night because the room was booked already.

• 18th Aug 2014

It was the grossest hostel I've ever been the workers are unfriendly and there are really weird people around the hostel. The showers and toilets are really dirty and it is really loud.

• 16th Aug 2014

It's value for money but people don't talk to each other that much so if you are friendly and want to make friends in hostel choose something with more common areas.

The staff work very hard to serve a large number of people in tiny facilities that need improvements.

I have previously stayed at Central Hostel a few times, but for every time I think the standard of the place drops. The staff seem more or less indifferent and the cleaning is becoming lackluster. There are still okay kitchen facilities but the bathroom/toilets are getting eaten up by mould. I still like the area but unfortunately I think I will have to look for a new place to stay when I go to London in the future, unless the place gets a bit of an overhaul.

The hostel was really good and the location was great, only a couple of blocks from the subway station and from Hyde park. the guy in the reception wasn't the nicest but the girls were great. the room was ok, but during my last night there was an old guy sleeping and snoring quite loudly... i guess you can have that everywhere else as well. All in all it was a really good experience and would definitely go back

I think for this hostel than towel will be free, other door for customs no only downstairs and the staff will be nice with customs

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

Nice staff.......A very good man clean every day, and do a very good jobb......Good location, walk to everything you want....Next time l will stay at this hostel

decent place

• 31st Jul 2014

Actually we liked the hostel because it is cheap. But nothing more. The Location is okay, if you go on foot it takes you half an hour to Marble Arch Station, but there is a metro as well. The rooms are a bit dirty and it kind of smells bad on the entrance ;) but if you are uncomplicated and just search for a bed, it's fine.

I liked to be there, abaolutely worth for the money

Hostel- well , good value for money. Nice room- only to sleep in, small bathroom- you dont need much if you short stay . Breakfast 1 pound 50, however free coffee and tea which is good. In lounge dodgy tv but wi fi and sofas/ table to sit and chat with others. I would stay there again.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Good atmosphere, quiet location, 24h kitchen is also additional advantage

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Small hostel in a great location, with supermarkets, shops, restaurants and public transport closeby. Unfortunately no lockers in the rooms and the kitchen is way to small and dirty to be used for more than a quick pot of pasta. Perfectly fine for one or two nights.

A nice hostel with very pleasant staff ..... and one cleaner who did an excellent job every day ....

The big downside to this place is not having enough space in the showers to be able to undress/undress. If they just had a bit more space with some hooks it would make it so much better. We stayed in a dorm room which was OK for London. the hostel is about 5 min walk from the tube bayswater station but when I emailed staff 2 days before asking for specific direction we got no reply. we also notice staff also had some disagreement at the reception desk which is both awkward and unprofessional.

This is the worst Hostel I've ever stayed at. I booked a room for four nights but on the fourth night they moved me out of my room and into another room. When asked why they stated "a group booked that room so we will move you to another room." I asked but why do I have to move? The guy said he was new there and couldn't tell me. Poor!!!

It was value for money, great location, a little warn but clean. Only there for one night and so did not witness a great atmosphere.

• 12th Jul 2014

Upon arrival (1 AM in morning) they informed us they don't accept any card payments (should tell you on website) and made us walk 20 mins to find an ATM (3 younger girls, a man chased us from the ATM). The building smelt strongly of body odour, and the staff were quiet rude. One went so far to ask us if we were idiots. The showers were disgusting. I would not recommend this hostel. The beds were comfortable and thats about the only positive thing I could say about it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5