Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

Great staff and a very friendly environment. Clean sheets and rooms , toilets and showers. Highly recommended for budget travellers who want to spend time in london. The hostel is in a fantastic central location

• 20th Nov 2014

Staff were friendly, facilities and location are poor . Hostel need renovation and more space.

Very nice hostel, though maybe they should offer breakfast service.

Staff excellent, good location, metro very close to go to the city center, nice hostel for few days in London

• 13th Nov 2014

great for a short stay

No lockers as said on the profile, no card machine, no money refund, very old beds, unpleasant staff

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Spain

One particular staff member extremely rude and very unhelpful. Simple questions where made to seem inconvenient and disturbing for her. Cant even make a another booking at the hostel when your literally standing there offering them money for another night - has to be done through the website ( I went somewhere else!)

Yikes! Check this place out before you bookt. The creepy spraypainted murals on the wall might look good in a club environment, not so sure that this is what I want to look at walking up the steps to go to bed. Also VERY IMPORTANT. They do NOT accept credit or debit cards.

I was disappointed to know the room I've booked for 6 beds actually has 7 beds. And the room is not so clean. There's too many heavy doors and small steps on stairs. The reception is downstairs, so you'll have to climb extra stairs to get to your room.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Great location, near supermarkets, the tube and restaurants. It was a little bit difficult to find it, so make sure to get the correct address. Clean toilets and bathrooms (with hot water!). Poor internet conection, what might be very bad for some people. Kinda weird kitchen, but with all you need to cook your food. Besides the cons, it was a great value for money and we enjoyed our time at Central Hostel.

You get what you pay for. I stayed here b4 cause I´d rather spend my money on delicious food and shopping. if you want lux go to a hotel or pay double some other hostel. And have 3 story bunks. Your choice. It´s a place to sleep, you can cook, walk to many places or take bus, subway, lots of shops and eateries in the area. I used to live on Moscow Rd, so I know and love the area.

No soap in bathroom, greasy surfaces, no stairs for the top-bunks, internet working 50% of the time.

Didn't like the hostel very much. The location is nice. But the rooms and the staff is bad. Staff is unfriendly and wanted us to pay more money then Hostelworld said. When I showed her the Email confirmation, she acted like she made a mistake by accident. The bunkbeds are ok, but there is a lot of mold in the entire hostel. It smells really bad. Wouldn't recommend it. But if you are looking for a cheap place to stay, it is ok.

Not the best place i stayed in at least 3 different rooms over the week or so i was there. Had to leave luggage in the shed outside as without a lift going up 4 floors is too much with heavy bags. Some staff seem ok but they only really interact with the people that are staying there long term and theres a few of those. The beds arent the greatest in any of the rooms but not too bad. The showers were good and hot water always and good pressure. Wifi non existant beyond reception but didnt use.

its my favourite hostel,but there's always a problem for booking on weekend,(like in all London),expecialy for the 8 bed room,and actually it's too late for to find another hostel and i think i'm gonna sleep rough,and left luggage there.unfortunally is back from holyday a receptionist that don't allow me to to take my soap for shower even if i've booked from tomorrow to Thursday.The next weekend'll be fully booked too,and unfortunately it will be the reasons why i'm probabily changing address.

• 30th Sep 2014

If i didnt have to stay here i wouldnt of but didnt have a choice. Cheap for a few nights

Reception staff helpful and friendly; cleaner surly and rude. Love the neighbourhood. WIFI the poorest I have encountered in a hostel. Something in the bed bit me for over a week.

Reception staff friendly and helpful; cleaner surly and unfriendly. WIFI the worst I have encountered in a hostel, constantly cutting out. Great neighbourhood. Love the area. Got fleas from the bed and carried them away with me, five days later in another country still being bitten and had to get flea shampoo and wash everything I own. Clean dishtowels in kitchen would help with cleanup.

Was pretty much perfect aside from the fact that I had a mentally ill woman in my room that made it difficult to sleep. I would also say that its a great place to stay if you are in London to party or for tourism, but its a little noisy at night when you're working and desperate for sleep. The beds were very comfy, the showers were great (they even provide shampoo etc) and there were mirrors everywhere so I could get ready in the corridor instead of waking my room-mates at 6am. Would stay again.

No lockers available, to tiny all the corridors.

• 15th Sep 2014