Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

Think we may have got bed bugs here because I'm home now and still getting fresh bites, we don't get mosquitos this time of year

DO NOT stay here. Stayed for three nights and left completely covered in bed bugs. Told reception and they didn't even care.

It was OK, if you just need a bed for the night it was fine. If you're staying longer probably it's not the best. Internet was not good but overall it was fine.

Do yourself a favour and don't stay here unless you like ignorant people, filthy facilities, a gloomy atmosphere, horrible beds, and a very unapproachable and useless staff.

• 8th Sep 2014

The room was at 4th floor without lift, the smell was disgusting and the last night we were sleeping in 7 in a tiny room of 6 beds.... ORRIBLE!

• 8th Sep 2014

The location of this hostel is absolutely perfect. The area felt safe even late at night which is unusual for London and the hostel is very close to the tube station, two small supermarkets, and also to Kensington Gardens - a lovely large park. The hostel was lovely and clean and the beds were comfortable, if not a little squeaky. My only criticism is that there were no lockers to keep your valuables in.

• 5th Sep 2014

Very dirty with a gloomy atmosphere. If you want the absolute cheapest bed in central London, it's here. However, if you want a better experience, chose another hostel. There are others for a couple pounds more in the same area which are less depressing.

Bathrooms and toilets need repair but excellent showers .

No bad experience, I left my camera at the reception, it was there safe until the evening when I picked it up. The room was totally ok, I got what I expected from a hostel.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Not very clean at all, old military beds in the rooms. That being said the location was great for both the city center and the carnival and it was excellent value for money. Based on the cost alone I would stay here again, however only for a night or two. For longer periods I'd pay a little more money for better facilities and atmosphere.

• 22nd Aug 2014

It is a good hostel to stay in if you are in London for a couple days. You get what you pay for.

Information on the website was incorrect as the times were invalid. The showers is poor (Small and the pipes were leaking). The breakfast had a very low quantity of meals, I couldn't spend my money with that. They had only four plugs in a room for 8 people and the internet doesn't work in the rooms, only at the reception area. To sum up, VERY DISORGANIZED staff members. Upon arrival, my friends and I booked as a group but we were separated on the second night because the room was booked already.

• 18th Aug 2014

It was the grossest hostel I've ever been the workers are unfriendly and there are really weird people around the hostel. The showers and toilets are really dirty and it is really loud.

• 16th Aug 2014

Friendly Staff and clean bedding with comfy beds. There are plugs but in quite awkward places. Decent showers.

It's value for money but people don't talk to each other that much so if you are friendly and want to make friends in hostel choose something with more common areas.

The staff work very hard to serve a large number of people in tiny facilities that need improvements.

noisy and not clean...

I have previously stayed at Central Hostel a few times, but for every time I think the standard of the place drops. The staff seem more or less indifferent and the cleaning is becoming lackluster. There are still okay kitchen facilities but the bathroom/toilets are getting eaten up by mould. I still like the area but unfortunately I think I will have to look for a new place to stay when I go to London in the future, unless the place gets a bit of an overhaul.

The hostel was really good and the location was great, only a couple of blocks from the subway station and from Hyde park. the guy in the reception wasn't the nicest but the girls were great. the room was ok, but during my last night there was an old guy sleeping and snoring quite loudly... i guess you can have that everywhere else as well. All in all it was a really good experience and would definitely go back

I think for this hostel than towel will be free, other door for customs no only downstairs and the staff will be nice with customs

• 2nd Aug 2014