Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

Reception staff helpful and friendly; cleaner surly and rude. Love the neighbourhood. WIFI the poorest I have encountered in a hostel. Something in the bed bit me for over a week.

Was pretty much perfect aside from the fact that I had a mentally ill woman in my room that made it difficult to sleep. I would also say that its a great place to stay if you are in London to party or for tourism, but its a little noisy at night when you're working and desperate for sleep. The beds were very comfy, the showers were great (they even provide shampoo etc) and there were mirrors everywhere so I could get ready in the corridor instead of waking my room-mates at 6am. Would stay again.

No lockers available, to tiny all the corridors.

• 15th Sep 2014

Good staffs we are like family they make you feel at home Every where is clean.

I do not travel much. The only hostel I've been in UK before Central hostel is a Hostel in Edinburgh. The price is the same but the facility is distinctive. Central hostel is not clean. The bath room facilitie did not work properly. Some thing went wrong with the However, i acknowledge that It is London and every thing is so expensive that i feel very satisfied about the Central hostel in term of cost relatively to location (Zone 1). If you just need a place to sleep, you can choose this Hostel.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

I booked this hostel a week in advance. 2 hours before check in (8PM), I was told I was unable to stay here because of a negative review I left the last time I stayed. Every other hostel was booked up due to it being a Friday night, and I was forced to sleep outside with all my luggage. I have NEVER seen such horrible hostel management in all my life. DO NOT stay here. If not for it being a stinky hell hole, take a morale stand against this HORRIBLE organization. Stay ANYWHERE else.

Think we may have got bed bugs here because I'm home now and still getting fresh bites, we don't get mosquitos this time of year

DO NOT stay here. Stayed for three nights and left completely covered in bed bugs. Told reception and they didn't even care.

It was OK, if you just need a bed for the night it was fine. If you're staying longer probably it's not the best. Internet was not good but overall it was fine.

Do yourself a favour and don't stay here unless you like ignorant people, filthy facilities, a gloomy atmosphere, horrible beds, and a very unapproachable and useless staff.

• 8th Sep 2014

The room was at 4th floor without lift, the smell was disgusting and the last night we were sleeping in 7 in a tiny room of 6 beds.... ORRIBLE!

• 8th Sep 2014

The location of this hostel is absolutely perfect. The area felt safe even late at night which is unusual for London and the hostel is very close to the tube station, two small supermarkets, and also to Kensington Gardens - a lovely large park. The hostel was lovely and clean and the beds were comfortable, if not a little squeaky. My only criticism is that there were no lockers to keep your valuables in.

• 5th Sep 2014

Very dirty with a gloomy atmosphere. If you want the absolute cheapest bed in central London, it's here. However, if you want a better experience, chose another hostel. There are others for a couple pounds more in the same area which are less depressing.

Bathrooms and toilets need repair but excellent showers .

No bad experience, I left my camera at the reception, it was there safe until the evening when I picked it up. The room was totally ok, I got what I expected from a hostel.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Not very clean at all, old military beds in the rooms. That being said the location was great for both the city center and the carnival and it was excellent value for money. Based on the cost alone I would stay here again, however only for a night or two. For longer periods I'd pay a little more money for better facilities and atmosphere.

• 22nd Aug 2014

It is a good hostel to stay in if you are in London for a couple days. You get what you pay for.

Information on the website was incorrect as the times were invalid. The showers is poor (Small and the pipes were leaking). The breakfast had a very low quantity of meals, I couldn't spend my money with that. They had only four plugs in a room for 8 people and the internet doesn't work in the rooms, only at the reception area. To sum up, VERY DISORGANIZED staff members. Upon arrival, my friends and I booked as a group but we were separated on the second night because the room was booked already.

• 18th Aug 2014

It was the grossest hostel I've ever been the workers are unfriendly and there are really weird people around the hostel. The showers and toilets are really dirty and it is really loud.

• 16th Aug 2014

Friendly Staff and clean bedding with comfy beds. There are plugs but in quite awkward places. Decent showers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6