Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

The staff would not allow a lady with mild learning difficulties to access the hostel accommodation despite a phone call to check availability and a booking made online. Refund was provided , however the way the staff dealt with the lady was appalling. This was an unbelievable breech of Equality Legislation that left us speechless.

• 18th May 2015

good and cheap hostel - friendly atmosphere - good rooms

You can only use it for one night!

I was booked in for only two nights, but almost as soon as I checked in that felt like too long. The place was extremely dirty and had an odd smell to it. It might just be because I was travelling on my own, but I just didn't feel comfortable here at all. The bathrooms were not clean at all. The wifi is almost nonexistent, I went to the nearest Starbucks instead. I can't put my finger on it, but the whole place had a weird vibe and I would not recommend it.

My girlfriend and I were scheduled to stay for four nights, but we didn't feel comfortable enough to stay for one. The staff was very rude to us before we even checked in. We did not want to store our luggage there as their storage area is a shed outside of the building. When we finally did check in, the room looked nothing like the pictures on the website and was very dirty. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• 13th May 2015

be nicer if the female dorm was higher up, or in back f building it was noticeably quieter up there. As it's located above the access stairwell people congregate there chatting till all hours, making it too noisy.

• 11th May 2015

Gross is a good word. The room they put me in, looked like it hadn't been dusted in about 16 years, the curtain wouldn't open, it smelled horrid and the room looked nothing like the pictures online. The carpet was torn up in places and the beds are premade, who knows if they've been cleaned or not. There was popcorn on every single bed there and even on the few sitting chairs in the room. The bathroom was two floors below, and the door wouldn't close all the way. The kitchen smelled putrid.

• 11th May 2015

in need of renovation especially downstairs, but rooms and toilets clean, staff helpful.

A bit disappointing, the beds were actually terrible. I hardly slept a wink because they were so creeky! Every move I made or anyone else made work me up. Cleanliness was fine although the bathrooms were a bit gross. For security- there wasn't really any. Anyone could walk in the front door and yes you need a key for your room but nothing was locked up until then. there was a very small common room to hang out in so atmosphere was lacking.

Consider more on cleanliness and facilities. Value for money is very poor

We had a 8 bed dorm and the hostel made a mistake and had 9 people in there. We told the guy working there and he said the clothes of that person were just left there and that he had checked out. Only for him to arrive back early in the morning making two of us have to share a bed. Thought this was poor as if you pay for a bed you should not need to share it.

• 1st May 2015

It was a good holiday. I met interesting people and I enjoyed. Moreover the place is near Hyde Park and it is easy to go everywhere. The tube station is just five minutes walking

• 30th Apr 2015

It was an okay stay. The toilets were broken and the shower didn't have a lock. Also, it Saïd on the internet that there were lockers. That was the main reason for me to pick this hostel. But there were no lockers. Also the personal was nice but didn't explain anything about the neighbourhood, about the internet, and they didn't gave a map or told where the bathrooms were. It wasnt the best experience with a hostel.

• 28th Apr 2015

Be aware that the hostel entrance is not by the main door-you have to use the stairs to go to the basement door which are just by. They're not that easy to notice especially if you're arriving when it's already dark. :D They have a lovely small kitchen with all the necessary facilities, the rooms are clean, but the beds are super soft. The atmosphere is lively, there's lots of longterm people that love to hang out with anyone. Staff is nice and helpful, able to speak different languages :).

The place is basically the epitome of scarcity, misery and squalor but to be truthful, I didn't expect that much. They do have a great staff and the atmosphere was so good that apart from the things they don't have (towels, hands soap), which sometimes are necesary, I decided to stay a bit longer. The spanish bloke who works in the evening and the Aussie one working in the morning were really cool, attentive and helpful with any requests. The rest were okay too.

Wish they had bathrooms on each floor at least if not in every room!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • India

This hostel is cheap, the cheapest one we could find but since London is expensive you can not expect much. The hostel is clean but the facilities are pretty old and they need some renovation, which from what I understand they are doing right now. The kitchen is fine, it has a stove but no oven. Unfortunately, the common area is quite small and no internet in the rooms. This is a very basic hostel but I would say one of the cheapest one in central London.

The place was dirty really really dirty but for the location and the prices in comparisson with other hostels in London it pays it. Besides the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. There was a bloke from France, who could simultaneaously speak nearly every language perfectly alright and helped me when I needed anything. I really appreciated that and decided to stay a bit longer.

The staff are lovely and the lady put my in a 6 person room when I paid for 8!! The hallway smelt a little bit funky and it made my nose wrinkle the ambulance were also called to a boy having panic attacks

• 22nd Apr 2015

Can honestly say my friends and I had the best night ever at Central hostel. Instead of going out clubbing we decided to take the party back to the hostel with us. I have never met a nicer bunch of people. It's amazing socialising with such a diverse selection. Would recommend 100% will be back for the carnival!

• 21st Apr 2015