Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOSTEL. Would not recommend it to my worst enemy. The staff are INCREDIBLY rude and unhelpful, and create an extremely uncomfortable atmosphere. Checkin is not until after 2.30pm, and when requesting to leave luggage there the staff act as if you are making them do something they shouldn't have to. Beds were unmade and covered in blood, room was DIRTY - entire hostel was dirty. This hostel SUCKS. We also has visible bed bugs on our beds. Worst hostel I have ever stayed in.

Door was a bit flimsy, felt like I could've got it open with a bit of a whack, wasn't a massive problem though, we just kept all valuables on our person. Facilities were basic but clean in main part, which is all we were after really. The carpet in our room was torn and a little dirty, as was the chair, they could both do with being replaced. All in all, for the price we paid, it was great, would definitely stay there again if there was similar event in Hyde Park or nearby.

• 5th Jul 2014

The hostel was dirty. Stuff was rude. Cleaning Guy was so scary and mad all the time. Good location but change all the crew, idiots. Sorry!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Central Hostel is decent. Stayed a few nights while it was booked full. Bedding looked old and dirty. The mattresses were extremely uncomfortable and had very noisy bunks. There's a single toilet and shower on each floor which resulted in long waits to use the restroom or shower.It was also pretty grimy and dirty despite being cleaned daily (as indicated). No lockers available but there's a shared luggage closet in a shed outside of the building in the stairwell. For the price I expected more.

Even though the hostel is not super modern and new it is kept as clean as possible. It was a plus that we had a dresser in the room and enough shelves, as we stayed there for 3 nights, so it was useful to have somewhere to put our things. I loved all the art on the walls in the corridors. I didn't really like it that we had to pay 1£ for each bag that we left in the storage space for a couple of hours after our check-out.

It's an excellent place only to sleep, the price is really good, the location and service, too.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great, safe location. Important to know, you have to pay cash and a 5 GBP deposit for your room key. Storage lockers coat 1 GBP for the day.

Luggage storage costs 1 pound per piece after check-out. Wi-fi not stable. Lack of space in the hostel. Good location though!

The wifi only worked in the reception. The staff where bored. The room was dirty and had no air in it. I dont think it was worth the money.

I've been to this hostel many times. The location is very good and the neighbourhood very lively. The facilities are OK, nothing fancym just good. Staff is helpful.... good relation value-money. Will go againn...

One of the people working there was completely rude to me and a friend for no reason! I had to really focus on not telling him to f*** off. Also, my friend left her jacket in the communal area for a few minutes (which has someone 24h) and when she was back the jacket wasn't there and no one knew where it was. Terrible experience at this hostel unfortunately, and it was my friend's first experience at one, now she doesn't want to stay in any other.

• 27th Jun 2014

Kitchen and the room next to it is really scarry. For the business you do it should be fairly easy to get it painted and declutered. It does make a difference in overal experience which is rather good. P.S. Don't charge breakfast fee for something what is just bread and butter. Better not to do it than do it wrong. I have sent last four months in london hostels so this is nothing personal.. Thanks for hospitality. Great value for money.

My friend and I are backpacking across Europe and were able to find last minute accommodations at Central. Easy to get to via Tube (clear directions) and near interesting shoppes. The hostel has a very interesting, vibrant atmosphere and the rooms themselves are very plain, clean and warm. Great value and stay!

I stayed for 4 nights but i didn't spent much time at the hostel. The location is quite good but it's a bit dirty. The staff was ok and i didn't have any problem with my stuffs or in my room, anyway take care because they don't have lockers. The kitchen is really small, i didn't try but is difficult to make your meal there. The common room looks unwelcoming and the entrance is really hidden.

I stay in hostels often, no matter what people say, they are what they are, a cheap place to stay,with a compromise in security,cleanliness and facilities quality,a great value for money if you are asking me that i'm not used to live like a king at all times. All hostels are the same with one exception, the quality of their Customer Service (that depends on the staff attitude). And at this hostel I found it really low,so that I wouldn't recommend to anyone to stay there nor would I, again. Sorry

Staff is not helpful at all. 30 mins by bus to city center

I stayed here for just one night, and woke up in the morning covered in bed bug bites, a total of 20 I seem to remember. I was flying out to the USA the following day, and on the flight over there were still two on me that kept biting for a further 24 hours resulting in the bites getting infected and costing me nearly £100 in medical bills as the infection started to spread at an alarming rate. I had to throw away the clothes I was wearing just to make sure there were no further bugs on them.

• 18th Jun 2014

Close to tubes, busses, shops and lots of places to eat. Staff are friendly, There was a great atmosphere in the reception/lounge area everyone was really friendly and the world cup was on telly. Free tea and coffee is a great bonus. Only problem was the only plugs in my room were covered by peoples beds so couldn't use either of them when people were sleeping, however there are a few plugs in the lounge and kitchen. Also some of the bunk beds don't have side panels on the top so be careful.

The hostel hard to find ... The staff ( female ) at reception are not helpfull n very arrogant ... The hostels no sign at all ... The hostels are too dark n scary a bit .. Yes it is a back packers hostels but yet They can do something about the facilities rather than money money money and put aside Customers comfort ... But the location is ok . Safety ??? Not at all !! You have to take care of Your own safety ...

I hope the the staff need to friendly,don't bring ur culture in london n always smile like British people n if customer ask smile n help

• 14th Jun 2014