Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

Great location, near supermarkets, the tube and restaurants. It was a little bit difficult to find it, so make sure to get the correct address. Clean toilets and bathrooms (with hot water!). Poor internet conection, what might be very bad for some people. Kinda weird kitchen, but with all you need to cook your food. Besides the cons, it was a great value for money and we enjoyed our time at Central Hostel.

You get what you pay for. I stayed here b4 cause I´d rather spend my money on delicious food and shopping. if you want lux go to a hotel or pay double some other hostel. And have 3 story bunks. Your choice. It´s a place to sleep, you can cook, walk to many places or take bus, subway, lots of shops and eateries in the area. I used to live on Moscow Rd, so I know and love the area.

No soap in bathroom, greasy surfaces, no stairs for the top-bunks, internet working 50% of the time.

Didn't like the hostel very much. The location is nice. But the rooms and the staff is bad. Staff is unfriendly and wanted us to pay more money then Hostelworld said. When I showed her the Email confirmation, she acted like she made a mistake by accident. The bunkbeds are ok, but there is a lot of mold in the entire hostel. It smells really bad. Wouldn't recommend it. But if you are looking for a cheap place to stay, it is ok.

Not the best place i stayed in at least 3 different rooms over the week or so i was there. Had to leave luggage in the shed outside as without a lift going up 4 floors is too much with heavy bags. Some staff seem ok but they only really interact with the people that are staying there long term and theres a few of those. The beds arent the greatest in any of the rooms but not too bad. The showers were good and hot water always and good pressure. Wifi non existant beyond reception but didnt use.

its my favourite hostel,but there's always a problem for booking on weekend,(like in all London),expecialy for the 8 bed room,and actually it's too late for to find another hostel and i think i'm gonna sleep rough,and left luggage there.unfortunally is back from holyday a receptionist that don't allow me to to take my soap for shower even if i've booked from tomorrow to Thursday.The next weekend'll be fully booked too,and unfortunately it will be the reasons why i'm probabily changing address.

• 30th Sep 2014

If i didnt have to stay here i wouldnt of but didnt have a choice. Cheap for a few nights

Reception staff helpful and friendly; cleaner surly and rude. Love the neighbourhood. WIFI the poorest I have encountered in a hostel. Something in the bed bit me for over a week.

Reception staff friendly and helpful; cleaner surly and unfriendly. WIFI the worst I have encountered in a hostel, constantly cutting out. Great neighbourhood. Love the area. Got fleas from the bed and carried them away with me, five days later in another country still being bitten and had to get flea shampoo and wash everything I own. Clean dishtowels in kitchen would help with cleanup.

Was pretty much perfect aside from the fact that I had a mentally ill woman in my room that made it difficult to sleep. I would also say that its a great place to stay if you are in London to party or for tourism, but its a little noisy at night when you're working and desperate for sleep. The beds were very comfy, the showers were great (they even provide shampoo etc) and there were mirrors everywhere so I could get ready in the corridor instead of waking my room-mates at 6am. Would stay again.

No lockers available, to tiny all the corridors.

• 15th Sep 2014

Good staffs we are like family they make you feel at home Every where is clean.

I do not travel much. The only hostel I've been in UK before Central hostel is a Hostel in Edinburgh. The price is the same but the facility is distinctive. Central hostel is not clean. The bath room facilitie did not work properly. Some thing went wrong with the However, i acknowledge that It is London and every thing is so expensive that i feel very satisfied about the Central hostel in term of cost relatively to location (Zone 1). If you just need a place to sleep, you can choose this Hostel.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

I booked this hostel a week in advance. 2 hours before check in (8PM), I was told I was unable to stay here because of a negative review I left the last time I stayed. Every other hostel was booked up due to it being a Friday night, and I was forced to sleep outside with all my luggage. I have NEVER seen such horrible hostel management in all my life. DO NOT stay here. If not for it being a stinky hell hole, take a morale stand against this HORRIBLE organization. Stay ANYWHERE else.

Price was okay for London, location is pretty nice too. Everything advertised inside the hostel was very touristy though, which is fine, but staff did not seem to have many tips on what culture to go out and see, except the obvious stuff just a google away. Would be nice to be more informed by the stuff of different cultural scenes in London. Also, some rooms are quite high up and there is no lift. This needs to be sorted.

Think we may have got bed bugs here because I'm home now and still getting fresh bites, we don't get mosquitos this time of year

DO NOT stay here. Stayed for three nights and left completely covered in bed bugs. Told reception and they didn't even care.

It was OK, if you just need a bed for the night it was fine. If you're staying longer probably it's not the best. Internet was not good but overall it was fine.

Do yourself a favour and don't stay here unless you like ignorant people, filthy facilities, a gloomy atmosphere, horrible beds, and a very unapproachable and useless staff.

• 8th Sep 2014

The room was at 4th floor without lift, the smell was disgusting and the last night we were sleeping in 7 in a tiny room of 6 beds.... ORRIBLE!

• 8th Sep 2014