Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

A nice hostel with very pleasant staff ..... and one cleaner who did an excellent job every day ....

The big downside to this place is not having enough space in the showers to be able to undress/undress. If they just had a bit more space with some hooks it would make it so much better. We stayed in a dorm room which was OK for London. the hostel is about 5 min walk from the tube bayswater station but when I emailed staff 2 days before asking for specific direction we got no reply. we also notice staff also had some disagreement at the reception desk which is both awkward and unprofessional.

This is the worst Hostel I've ever stayed at. I booked a room for four nights but on the fourth night they moved me out of my room and into another room. When asked why they stated "a group booked that room so we will move you to another room." I asked but why do I have to move? The guy said he was new there and couldn't tell me. Poor!!!

The staff is firndly, good location and very good value for money

It was value for money, great location, a little warn but clean. Only there for one night and so did not witness a great atmosphere.

• 12th Jul 2014

Upon arrival (1 AM in morning) they informed us they don't accept any card payments (should tell you on website) and made us walk 20 mins to find an ATM (3 younger girls, a man chased us from the ATM). The building smelt strongly of body odour, and the staff were quiet rude. One went so far to ask us if we were idiots. The showers were disgusting. I would not recommend this hostel. The beds were comfortable and thats about the only positive thing I could say about it.

Dingy, smelly, and dirty. Staying here was a pretty depressing experience. The atmosphere was very unwelcoming, the staff were disinterested and unhelpful. The kitchen smelled foul and was unhygenic to say the least, the bed linen is not changed between guests. The bathrooms are not kept well cleaned. On one occasion a toilet became blocked and overflowed into the hall carpet. Would not recommend.

A map from Bayswater Station would have helped as there seemed to be at least 10 parts to Princes' Square. Or just state it's at the side of St. Sofia Church. I would stay there again, but ask for a ground floor room as the 4th. floor was a step too far. A great visit. Jo-Anna Young.

Only stay at this hostel as a last resort. The atmosphere is gloomy and depressing, decorated with bad taste graffiti. Wifi does not work in rooms, and the showers are a joke. They accept cash only, which is sketchy. Also, the staff lacks any sort of motivation or good service practices. There is dust all over the place and no one seems to care. This place SERIOUSLY needs a facelift because the CRT TV, the 20 year old kitchen appliances and the squeaky stairs just aren't good. I left ASAP.

I found the radiator was on in my room , was about 20 degrees outside the same day , the last thing I wanted on was a radiator , when I asked the guy at reception was he able to turn it off he said he couldn't , and that the maintenance guy was gone so the radiator couldn't be turned off , he went up to the room the check the problem and confirmed that there was a problem with it , which he went on to say he had the same problem in his room , I received a refund after some negotiation .

Great location and cheap, could do with a link of paint and new carpets but it's not the worst!

• 5th Jul 2014

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOSTEL. Would not recommend it to my worst enemy. The staff are INCREDIBLY rude and unhelpful, and create an extremely uncomfortable atmosphere. Checkin is not until after 2.30pm, and when requesting to leave luggage there the staff act as if you are making them do something they shouldn't have to. Beds were unmade and covered in blood, room was DIRTY - entire hostel was dirty. This hostel SUCKS. We also has visible bed bugs on our beds. Worst hostel I have ever stayed in.

Door was a bit flimsy, felt like I could've got it open with a bit of a whack, wasn't a massive problem though, we just kept all valuables on our person. Facilities were basic but clean in main part, which is all we were after really. The carpet in our room was torn and a little dirty, as was the chair, they could both do with being replaced. All in all, for the price we paid, it was great, would definitely stay there again if there was similar event in Hyde Park or nearby.

• 5th Jul 2014

The hostel was dirty. Stuff was rude. Cleaning Guy was so scary and mad all the time. Good location but change all the crew, idiots. Sorry!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Central Hostel is decent. Stayed a few nights while it was booked full. Bedding looked old and dirty. The mattresses were extremely uncomfortable and had very noisy bunks. There's a single toilet and shower on each floor which resulted in long waits to use the restroom or shower.It was also pretty grimy and dirty despite being cleaned daily (as indicated). No lockers available but there's a shared luggage closet in a shed outside of the building in the stairwell. For the price I expected more.

Even though the hostel is not super modern and new it is kept as clean as possible. It was a plus that we had a dresser in the room and enough shelves, as we stayed there for 3 nights, so it was useful to have somewhere to put our things. I loved all the art on the walls in the corridors. I didn't really like it that we had to pay 1£ for each bag that we left in the storage space for a couple of hours after our check-out.

It's an excellent place only to sleep, the price is really good, the location and service, too.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great, safe location. Important to know, you have to pay cash and a 5 GBP deposit for your room key. Storage lockers coat 1 GBP for the day.

Luggage storage costs 1 pound per piece after check-out. Wi-fi not stable. Lack of space in the hostel. Good location though!

The wifi only worked in the reception. The staff where bored. The room was dirty and had no air in it. I dont think it was worth the money.