Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

A bit disappointing, the beds were actually terrible. I hardly slept a wink because they were so creeky! Every move I made or anyone else made work me up. Cleanliness was fine although the bathrooms were a bit gross. For security- there wasn't really any. Anyone could walk in the front door and yes you need a key for your room but nothing was locked up until then. there was a very small common room to hang out in so atmosphere was lacking.

Consider more on cleanliness and facilities. Value for money is very poor

We had a 8 bed dorm and the hostel made a mistake and had 9 people in there. We told the guy working there and he said the clothes of that person were just left there and that he had checked out. Only for him to arrive back early in the morning making two of us have to share a bed. Thought this was poor as if you pay for a bed you should not need to share it.

• 1st May 2015

It was a good holiday. I met interesting people and I enjoyed. Moreover the place is near Hyde Park and it is easy to go everywhere. The tube station is just five minutes walking

• 30th Apr 2015

It was an okay stay. The toilets were broken and the shower didn't have a lock. Also, it Saïd on the internet that there were lockers. That was the main reason for me to pick this hostel. But there were no lockers. Also the personal was nice but didn't explain anything about the neighbourhood, about the internet, and they didn't gave a map or told where the bathrooms were. It wasnt the best experience with a hostel.

• 28th Apr 2015

Be aware that the hostel entrance is not by the main door-you have to use the stairs to go to the basement door which are just by. They're not that easy to notice especially if you're arriving when it's already dark. :D They have a lovely small kitchen with all the necessary facilities, the rooms are clean, but the beds are super soft. The atmosphere is lively, there's lots of longterm people that love to hang out with anyone. Staff is nice and helpful, able to speak different languages :).

The place is basically the epitome of scarcity, misery and squalor but to be truthful, I didn't expect that much. They do have a great staff and the atmosphere was so good that apart from the things they don't have (towels, hands soap), which sometimes are necesary, I decided to stay a bit longer. The spanish bloke who works in the evening and the Aussie one working in the morning were really cool, attentive and helpful with any requests. The rest were okay too.

Wish they had bathrooms on each floor at least if not in every room!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • India

This hostel is cheap, the cheapest one we could find but since London is expensive you can not expect much. The hostel is clean but the facilities are pretty old and they need some renovation, which from what I understand they are doing right now. The kitchen is fine, it has a stove but no oven. Unfortunately, the common area is quite small and no internet in the rooms. This is a very basic hostel but I would say one of the cheapest one in central London.

The place was dirty really really dirty but for the location and the prices in comparisson with other hostels in London it pays it. Besides the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. There was a bloke from France, who could simultaneaously speak nearly every language perfectly alright and helped me when I needed anything. I really appreciated that and decided to stay a bit longer.

The staff are lovely and the lady put my in a 6 person room when I paid for 8!! The hallway smelt a little bit funky and it made my nose wrinkle the ambulance were also called to a boy having panic attacks

• 22nd Apr 2015

Can honestly say my friends and I had the best night ever at Central hostel. Instead of going out clubbing we decided to take the party back to the hostel with us. I have never met a nicer bunch of people. It's amazing socialising with such a diverse selection. Would recommend 100% will be back for the carnival!

• 21st Apr 2015

- delay in check in about 2 hours, although we declared our arrival time - unfriendly stuff (no welcome, no showing of the room, throw out of the toilets while washing in the morning, etc.) - door was saved by even a small lock, couldn't close the window properly, no safes for personal belongings in the room - animals like ants in the room - furniture old, dirty and uncomfortable, beds very hard - no feeling of safety to to be welcome by anybody

• 17th Apr 2015

Overall, pleasant experience. Sink in room was a nice perk. No lockers and the bathrooms were always out of soap and not the cleanest, but I've also seen way worse. Always had instant hot water in the showers, yay! Kitchen was not the greatest. Very friendly staff. EXCELLENT location - less than five minutes to Bayswater Tube stop, 5-10 minute walk to Kensington & Hyde Park, 15-20 to Buckingham Palace. Not bad for the money. Not the best and not the worst hostel ever.

This hostel has weird atmosphere, a lot of people live there so when you're just a visitor you feel like an intruder. The hostel is dirty, especially the showers and the kitchen. Beds are really soft and uncomfortable, there were no ladders on bunkbeds so we had to use a chair to get to our beds. The price was good and I really liked being close to Hyde Park, we stayed only for one night so it was okay but next time I would prefer to pay a bit more and stay somewhere else.

Strange hostel. Weird vibes throughout the place. Staff are also very unfriendly and rude.

• 13th Apr 2015

The building was very old and dirty. Sheets weren't clean and the bathrooms were disgusting. There is one cleaner who did his best but it was only one. We stayed at the 4th floor and there was no elevator. WiFi connection function only at the reception floor. The personnel was very kind except a young girl who was very impolite. The place was very good near to the underground.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Greece

Be prepared for cold water. The staff is friendly and there is a train station nearby but looking back it was not worth saving a couple pounds. There are people who live in this hostel as their home and many almost homeless people staying there. It was not a fun traveling atmosphere and the showers were always freezing. We took our belongings everywhere because the rooms were not secure.

We checked in the hostel and got a room with 2 guys, as we entered the room the smell was unbearable, as we asked to change to another room the staff said the hostel is fully book. Apparently these two dudes from the room were the source of the smell and it was a familiar problem at the hostel since no guest wanted to stay in a room together with them. We ended up going to another place and the hostel charged us for the first night which is unacceptable but at that point we couldn't do a thing.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

We expected to have a private bathroom and we didn't. The location is good although you have to take the tube to go everywhere. The atmosphere is great, people hang out a lot in the common room. Wifi is only available in the common livingroom. We got a 6-private room although we were five. The bahrooms are normally very clean, but they got blocked almost everyday!! Overall good experience for the money it costs, but we just spend the nights there and very briefly!

• 31st Mar 2015