Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

A map from Bayswater Station would have helped as there seemed to be at least 10 parts to Princes' Square. Or just state it's at the side of St. Sofia Church. I would stay there again, but ask for a ground floor room as the 4th. floor was a step too far. A great visit. Jo-Anna Young.

Only stay at this hostel as a last resort. The atmosphere is gloomy and depressing, decorated with bad taste graffiti. Wifi does not work in rooms, and the showers are a joke. They accept cash only, which is sketchy. Also, the staff lacks any sort of motivation or good service practices. There is dust all over the place and no one seems to care. This place SERIOUSLY needs a facelift because the CRT TV, the 20 year old kitchen appliances and the squeaky stairs just aren't good. I left ASAP.

I found the radiator was on in my room , was about 20 degrees outside the same day , the last thing I wanted on was a radiator , when I asked the guy at reception was he able to turn it off he said he couldn't , and that the maintenance guy was gone so the radiator couldn't be turned off , he went up to the room the check the problem and confirmed that there was a problem with it , which he went on to say he had the same problem in his room , I received a refund after some negotiation .

Great location and cheap, could do with a link of paint and new carpets but it's not the worst!

• 5th Jul 2014

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOSTEL. Would not recommend it to my worst enemy. The staff are INCREDIBLY rude and unhelpful, and create an extremely uncomfortable atmosphere. Checkin is not until after 2.30pm, and when requesting to leave luggage there the staff act as if you are making them do something they shouldn't have to. Beds were unmade and covered in blood, room was DIRTY - entire hostel was dirty. This hostel SUCKS. We also has visible bed bugs on our beds. Worst hostel I have ever stayed in.

Door was a bit flimsy, felt like I could've got it open with a bit of a whack, wasn't a massive problem though, we just kept all valuables on our person. Facilities were basic but clean in main part, which is all we were after really. The carpet in our room was torn and a little dirty, as was the chair, they could both do with being replaced. All in all, for the price we paid, it was great, would definitely stay there again if there was similar event in Hyde Park or nearby.

• 5th Jul 2014

The hostel was dirty. Stuff was rude. Cleaning Guy was so scary and mad all the time. Good location but change all the crew, idiots. Sorry!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Central Hostel is decent. Stayed a few nights while it was booked full. Bedding looked old and dirty. The mattresses were extremely uncomfortable and had very noisy bunks. There's a single toilet and shower on each floor which resulted in long waits to use the restroom or shower.It was also pretty grimy and dirty despite being cleaned daily (as indicated). No lockers available but there's a shared luggage closet in a shed outside of the building in the stairwell. For the price I expected more.

Even though the hostel is not super modern and new it is kept as clean as possible. It was a plus that we had a dresser in the room and enough shelves, as we stayed there for 3 nights, so it was useful to have somewhere to put our things. I loved all the art on the walls in the corridors. I didn't really like it that we had to pay 1£ for each bag that we left in the storage space for a couple of hours after our check-out.

It's an excellent place only to sleep, the price is really good, the location and service, too.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great, safe location. Important to know, you have to pay cash and a 5 GBP deposit for your room key. Storage lockers coat 1 GBP for the day.

Luggage storage costs 1 pound per piece after check-out. Wi-fi not stable. Lack of space in the hostel. Good location though!

The wifi only worked in the reception. The staff where bored. The room was dirty and had no air in it. I dont think it was worth the money.

I've been to this hostel many times. The location is very good and the neighbourhood very lively. The facilities are OK, nothing fancym just good. Staff is helpful.... good relation value-money. Will go againn...

One of the people working there was completely rude to me and a friend for no reason! I had to really focus on not telling him to f*** off. Also, my friend left her jacket in the communal area for a few minutes (which has someone 24h) and when she was back the jacket wasn't there and no one knew where it was. Terrible experience at this hostel unfortunately, and it was my friend's first experience at one, now she doesn't want to stay in any other.

• 27th Jun 2014

I spent a few days in this hostel in June 2014 in the all female dorm. The top beds were difficult to climb to as there was no ladder and the mattress was curved in the middle. Other than that, i am very pleased with my stay. The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned enough. There were enough showers and toilets and i personally never waited for my turn.The location is perfect, just a short walk to Bayswater station. I am happy with the value for money and would consider staying there again.

Kitchen and the room next to it is really scarry. For the business you do it should be fairly easy to get it painted and declutered. It does make a difference in overal experience which is rather good. P.S. Don't charge breakfast fee for something what is just bread and butter. Better not to do it than do it wrong. I have sent last four months in london hostels so this is nothing personal.. Thanks for hospitality. Great value for money.

My friend and I are backpacking across Europe and were able to find last minute accommodations at Central. Easy to get to via Tube (clear directions) and near interesting shoppes. The hostel has a very interesting, vibrant atmosphere and the rooms themselves are very plain, clean and warm. Great value and stay!

I stayed for 4 nights but i didn't spent much time at the hostel. The location is quite good but it's a bit dirty. The staff was ok and i didn't have any problem with my stuffs or in my room, anyway take care because they don't have lockers. The kitchen is really small, i didn't try but is difficult to make your meal there. The common room looks unwelcoming and the entrance is really hidden.

I stay in hostels often, no matter what people say, they are what they are, a cheap place to stay,with a compromise in security,cleanliness and facilities quality,a great value for money if you are asking me that i'm not used to live like a king at all times. All hostels are the same with one exception, the quality of their Customer Service (that depends on the staff attitude). And at this hostel I found it really low,so that I wouldn't recommend to anyone to stay there nor would I, again. Sorry