Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

The room I stayed in was dirty. Stains on the walls and ceilings and there was a lounge chair that was completely disgusting. The room was always hot. The wifi only worked on the ground floor.

• 5th Jun 2015

On the first night we stayed, there was no hot water. The kitchen facilities are quite small and smell a little funny. The internet was spotty, but the people we met there were cool.

Overall good but some points to consider: Put a ladder to the top bunk. Put a side on the top bunk. Make the outdoor area non smoking

Firstly, the location of the hostel was awful and extremely difficult to find. I walked in and was horrified at the place. It was extremely dirty, unwelcoming and had a horrible smell. There was no atmosphere at all and the staff were very unwelcoming. The toilets were disgusting and didn't even have any soap in them. The room was even worse, I would not let a farmyard animal sleep in one of the rooms. The worst place I have ever come across by far! I walked out and didn't even stay the night!

This was far the worst accomodation where I have ever been. There are NO lockers in the rooms, there is NO power socket in the rooms for every bed, the receptionists are outstandingly rude and apathetic and change the options at the arrival. They don't help or assist in any matter and not even bother to say hello or goodbye to you as if they would make favour to you that you can pay a FORTUNE for the lowest service and accomodation. Our money, phones were stolen and it's very dirty.

• 28th May 2015
  • Hungary

The basic essentials of clean beds and showers etc were there, but the hostel had a distinctly run-down and scruffy feel to it. Very pleasant and helpful staff, comfortable beds and the location rescue it though and judging it purelyi as a place to grab a shower and bed down in after a long day sightseeing, this hostel does the job perfectly well. Bit like an old family pet this one, past its prime and looking a bit haggered, but still with a very good heart and soul!!

• 24th May 2015

was pleasantly surprised. dubious after reading other reviews I was glad I saw for myself. the staff were friendly and helpful. the showers were fine with plenty of hot water. the common room was cozy. the location excellent. you walk through the park to the shopping areas or some terrific museums. I will certainly return there anytime I am going to London.

The staff would not allow a lady with mild learning difficulties to access the hostel accommodation despite a phone call to check availability and a booking made online. Refund was provided , however the way the staff dealt with the lady was appalling. This was an unbelievable breech of Equality Legislation that left us speechless.

• 18th May 2015

good and cheap hostel - friendly atmosphere - good rooms

You can only use it for one night!

I was booked in for only two nights, but almost as soon as I checked in that felt like too long. The place was extremely dirty and had an odd smell to it. It might just be because I was travelling on my own, but I just didn't feel comfortable here at all. The bathrooms were not clean at all. The wifi is almost nonexistent, I went to the nearest Starbucks instead. I can't put my finger on it, but the whole place had a weird vibe and I would not recommend it.

My girlfriend and I were scheduled to stay for four nights, but we didn't feel comfortable enough to stay for one. The staff was very rude to us before we even checked in. We did not want to store our luggage there as their storage area is a shed outside of the building. When we finally did check in, the room looked nothing like the pictures on the website and was very dirty. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• 13th May 2015

be nicer if the female dorm was higher up, or in back f building it was noticeably quieter up there. As it's located above the access stairwell people congregate there chatting till all hours, making it too noisy.

• 11th May 2015

Gross is a good word. The room they put me in, looked like it hadn't been dusted in about 16 years, the curtain wouldn't open, it smelled horrid and the room looked nothing like the pictures online. The carpet was torn up in places and the beds are premade, who knows if they've been cleaned or not. There was popcorn on every single bed there and even on the few sitting chairs in the room. The bathroom was two floors below, and the door wouldn't close all the way. The kitchen smelled putrid.

• 11th May 2015

in need of renovation especially downstairs, but rooms and toilets clean, staff helpful.

A bit disappointing, the beds were actually terrible. I hardly slept a wink because they were so creeky! Every move I made or anyone else made work me up. Cleanliness was fine although the bathrooms were a bit gross. For security- there wasn't really any. Anyone could walk in the front door and yes you need a key for your room but nothing was locked up until then. there was a very small common room to hang out in so atmosphere was lacking.

Consider more on cleanliness and facilities. Value for money is very poor

We had a 8 bed dorm and the hostel made a mistake and had 9 people in there. We told the guy working there and he said the clothes of that person were just left there and that he had checked out. Only for him to arrive back early in the morning making two of us have to share a bed. Thought this was poor as if you pay for a bed you should not need to share it.

• 1st May 2015

It was a good holiday. I met interesting people and I enjoyed. Moreover the place is near Hyde Park and it is easy to go everywhere. The tube station is just five minutes walking

• 30th Apr 2015

It was an okay stay. The toilets were broken and the shower didn't have a lock. Also, it Saïd on the internet that there were lockers. That was the main reason for me to pick this hostel. But there were no lockers. Also the personal was nice but didn't explain anything about the neighbourhood, about the internet, and they didn't gave a map or told where the bathrooms were. It wasnt the best experience with a hostel.

• 28th Apr 2015