Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

I hope the the staff need to friendly,don't bring ur culture in london n always smile like British people n if customer ask smile n help

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel don't have locker, the is small for de bed that it have (don't have space for de luggage etc) and it have few bathrooms and showers! I don't recommend

Too many stairs for me

The kitchen is very small, there is no locker, there is no internet connection in the room, it was not so clean in the room, sink in the room didn't work well, and finally someone stole my t-shirt when I was not in the room. I traveled a lot and think that this hostel is below average. Location is good. That is London and London is very expensive, so how much you paid for the hostel that is what you got.

Good: the location is great, close to many store, markets, pubs, underground, exchanges, and to some turistic places yu can just walk to. Bads: the staffs didnt know much about the city (none of them), the rooms are really hot, and the kitchen was dirty and very small!

The bedroom was nice (double bed private room). Toilet was clean. Yet shower room was hot and weird that we needed to get changed where every body in the room could see. Clothes could be seen and gott by anybody when you were shower. Location was good, near to train station and near the streets with lots of restaurants. Anyway got everything we needed. Would stay there again next timr for such a cheap price. Bathroom needs improvement.

Hostel staff were a bit miserable and checkout time was quite early compared to other hostels.

• 7th Jun 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE. The staff is probably the rudest, most unorganized people I have ever encountered. Not only did they make my friends switch rooms multiple times due to lack of organization but they rudely kicked me out ! Bathrooms are always clogged or dirty. There were flies in my room, as well as really long term guests who made the room their home. The hostel tries to cram as many people as they can in one room. I had my panties and phone charger stolen from my bed. Look for a new hostel.

duvet covers aren't changed after each guest! and u aren't told that, so u can bring your own, u only observe it at the end(after sharing feet fungi etc...)! room nr2 is the worst room ever! 8people in a very narrow space, no place for luggage, no air, no sun light. plus hearing each time someone flushes the toilet at the floor above (like a small cascade). this room should cost like 3pounds/night, for those who really only need a roof. other rooms inside aren't as bad. good location,nice staff

The only thing this place has going for it is the location. Everything else is utterly terrible – staff is unfriendly, rooms are dated and cramped, and cleanliness is questionable. There are no lockers available to safely store your belongings. To top it off, we were forced to switch rooms during our stay without any advance notice so that they could accommodate more guests. This just speaks to the complete lack of disorganization of this hostel. I would NOT recommend this hostel to anyone.

Don't take notice of the bad comments , you should expect it is not the quality of a 3 stars hotel obviously ... Nice atmosphere , and completely worth the money !

• 2nd Jun 2014

The staff were pretty unwilling to help, they knew nothing about the area or even where the nearest cash point was, cleaner was rude to us because we moved the mirror once, and the room hadn't been cleaned properly in months, but overall worth the money, we were hardly there we were out all day and night

• 2nd Jun 2014

For the price you pay, the location of this hostel is great! The cleanliness could be improved but it was liveable.

• 31st May 2014

This hostel was cheap but inconvienient. The quick access is to Hyde Park and to the Kensington Gardens, anything other than that and the walk is rather long. The staff is cold and unwelcoming. They also place guests in rooms with long stay patrons whom have already made the room their home. This means little access to outlets, building forts from sheets, added dressers and chairs. The price is worth it, but dont expect to enjoy staying in the hostel.

The building is kinda old, but ok. The rooms aren't so big, the beds are ok...

For the price I paid, I believe that this hostel provided average service. I have been to other hostels where I have paid a similar price and service was a million times better. The staff is really cold and unwelcoming which creates a very awkward atmosphere in the one common area. The common area is ill equipped to invite travelers to talk to each other. I suggest giving your staff hospitality training and updating what you have in the common area.

• 23rd May 2014

Hostel is very nice. There is a small kitchen with basic facilities. Bathroom is generally clean but there are just few of them on each floor. Location is great! It's at a walking distance from Bayswater and Queensway station, Hyde park and many shops, supermarket and restaurants.

• 16th May 2014

Awesome location! Short walk to train station. Staff aren't very friendly and the atmosphere isn't great but it's good if all you are wanting to do is sleep there and not socialize. The bathroom wasn't very clean and it was shared amongst 16 people

• 14th May 2014

Good hotels, location is perfect, near hyde park. Nice staff and helpful. I would surely recommend this hostel.

Can't complain with what I paid. Thought it was going to be a dump after reading other reviews but I was rather surprised. There were both private and common restrooms that were always clean. The only issue I had was three bad roommates but that is always up in the air anyway. Great value for the money. Would stay again