Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

I've been to this hostel many times. The location is very good and the neighbourhood very lively. The facilities are OK, nothing fancym just good. Staff is helpful.... good relation value-money. Will go againn...

One of the people working there was completely rude to me and a friend for no reason! I had to really focus on not telling him to f*** off. Also, my friend left her jacket in the communal area for a few minutes (which has someone 24h) and when she was back the jacket wasn't there and no one knew where it was. Terrible experience at this hostel unfortunately, and it was my friend's first experience at one, now she doesn't want to stay in any other.

• 27th Jun 2014

I spent a few days in this hostel in June 2014 in the all female dorm. The top beds were difficult to climb to as there was no ladder and the mattress was curved in the middle. Other than that, i am very pleased with my stay. The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned enough. There were enough showers and toilets and i personally never waited for my turn.The location is perfect, just a short walk to Bayswater station. I am happy with the value for money and would consider staying there again.

Kitchen and the room next to it is really scarry. For the business you do it should be fairly easy to get it painted and declutered. It does make a difference in overal experience which is rather good. P.S. Don't charge breakfast fee for something what is just bread and butter. Better not to do it than do it wrong. I have sent last four months in london hostels so this is nothing personal.. Thanks for hospitality. Great value for money.

My friend and I are backpacking across Europe and were able to find last minute accommodations at Central. Easy to get to via Tube (clear directions) and near interesting shoppes. The hostel has a very interesting, vibrant atmosphere and the rooms themselves are very plain, clean and warm. Great value and stay!

I stayed for 4 nights but i didn't spent much time at the hostel. The location is quite good but it's a bit dirty. The staff was ok and i didn't have any problem with my stuffs or in my room, anyway take care because they don't have lockers. The kitchen is really small, i didn't try but is difficult to make your meal there. The common room looks unwelcoming and the entrance is really hidden.

I stay in hostels often, no matter what people say, they are what they are, a cheap place to stay,with a compromise in security,cleanliness and facilities quality,a great value for money if you are asking me that i'm not used to live like a king at all times. All hostels are the same with one exception, the quality of their Customer Service (that depends on the staff attitude). And at this hostel I found it really low,so that I wouldn't recommend to anyone to stay there nor would I, again. Sorry

Staff is not helpful at all. 30 mins by bus to city center

I stayed here for just one night, and woke up in the morning covered in bed bug bites, a total of 20 I seem to remember. I was flying out to the USA the following day, and on the flight over there were still two on me that kept biting for a further 24 hours resulting in the bites getting infected and costing me nearly £100 in medical bills as the infection started to spread at an alarming rate. I had to throw away the clothes I was wearing just to make sure there were no further bugs on them.

• 18th Jun 2014

Close to tubes, busses, shops and lots of places to eat. Staff are friendly, There was a great atmosphere in the reception/lounge area everyone was really friendly and the world cup was on telly. Free tea and coffee is a great bonus. Only problem was the only plugs in my room were covered by peoples beds so couldn't use either of them when people were sleeping, however there are a few plugs in the lounge and kitchen. Also some of the bunk beds don't have side panels on the top so be careful.

The hostel hard to find ... The staff ( female ) at reception are not helpfull n very arrogant ... The hostels no sign at all ... The hostels are too dark n scary a bit .. Yes it is a back packers hostels but yet They can do something about the facilities rather than money money money and put aside Customers comfort ... But the location is ok . Safety ??? Not at all !! You have to take care of Your own safety ...

I hope the the staff need to friendly,don't bring ur culture in london n always smile like British people n if customer ask smile n help

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel don't have locker, the is small for de bed that it have (don't have space for de luggage etc) and it have few bathrooms and showers! I don't recommend

Too many stairs for me

The kitchen is very small, there is no locker, there is no internet connection in the room, it was not so clean in the room, sink in the room didn't work well, and finally someone stole my t-shirt when I was not in the room. I traveled a lot and think that this hostel is below average. Location is good. That is London and London is very expensive, so how much you paid for the hostel that is what you got.

Good: the location is great, close to many store, markets, pubs, underground, exchanges, and to some turistic places yu can just walk to. Bads: the staffs didnt know much about the city (none of them), the rooms are really hot, and the kitchen was dirty and very small!

The bedroom was nice (double bed private room). Toilet was clean. Yet shower room was hot and weird that we needed to get changed where every body in the room could see. Clothes could be seen and gott by anybody when you were shower. Location was good, near to train station and near the streets with lots of restaurants. Anyway got everything we needed. Would stay there again next timr for such a cheap price. Bathroom needs improvement.

Hostel staff were a bit miserable and checkout time was quite early compared to other hostels.

• 7th Jun 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE. The staff is probably the rudest, most unorganized people I have ever encountered. Not only did they make my friends switch rooms multiple times due to lack of organization but they rudely kicked me out ! Bathrooms are always clogged or dirty. There were flies in my room, as well as really long term guests who made the room their home. The hostel tries to cram as many people as they can in one room. I had my panties and phone charger stolen from my bed. Look for a new hostel.

duvet covers aren't changed after each guest! and u aren't told that, so u can bring your own, u only observe it at the end(after sharing feet fungi etc...)! room nr2 is the worst room ever! 8people in a very narrow space, no place for luggage, no air, no sun light. plus hearing each time someone flushes the toilet at the floor above (like a small cascade). this room should cost like 3pounds/night, for those who really only need a roof. other rooms inside aren't as bad. good location,nice staff