Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

Much more a long term stay place than a travelling hostel. Depends what you wish.

The staff were miserable bordering on outright rude. The website will advertises a free shuttle bus from Victoria that doesn't exist. The sheets had little holes in them and the top sheet was a really hideous brown, the room smelt a bit stale but most of all it was the lack of atmosphere and the staff that let it down. Location is fantastic but I still can't bring myself to recommend this place it just couldn't make up for the bad bits.

• 3rd May 2014

The building is nice enough, but the description was misleading. The hostel says it has a pick up service from the bus station, but we called and it was unavailable, so we had to figure out how to get there via the Underground. The building itself is also unmarked. You have to look closely just to be sure that you're at the right place. But if you can plan to make your own way there and know where you're going, the inside is acceptable and not too far by Tube from the main attractions in London.

The staff, nice. The room was horrible. Humid and dark. Cold at night since the window was broken and it was impossible to close. The pipes were exposed on the room so everytime people went to the toilet was possible to hear them flushing. Terrible.

Staff: Mostly really rude and grumpy, not with a helping attitude at all. Only one decent worker in staff that we encountered. I also got shouted at by the cleaning person while at this hostel. Hostel itself: Really dirty, sheets full of hair and blood stains, kitchen area/bathrooms really disgusting. The worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Two good things: the location and the price. Still - DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOSTEL!! The location and price just isn't worth it.

The hostel was cramped and dirty, whilst I realize that the hostel is extremely cheap I have stayed in far better conditions for the same amount of money. I would not recommend this hostel to others.

Great location in a quiet and nice part of London. Reasonably priced and staff are helpful in general. 24 reception is a big plus, especially if you're mainly travelling and looking for a place to bunk for the night. Staff are helpful in general.

I was really surprised how bad and unclear were toilettes and bathrooms. There was also lack of safe deposit boxes, the solituion of leaving things on the reception, was unacceptable. Another unpleasant experience was the fact, that they wanted 1 pound for luggage storage (even though it was for couple of hours). and when I asked for some sale, the answer of the staff was rude. Same with sheets - my sheets smelled, and when I asked if it is possible to change them, staff was very rude

Perfectly located by Hyde Park. The underground only on a few minutes walk away (Bayswater, Queensway and Nothing Hill), restaurants and shops are just around the corner! The beds are comfy, and the rooms are good enough. Facilities are a bit poor and outdated, but a cleaner cleans them every day. But still it isn't the cleanest hostel I ever stayed in. As a guest you can use free Wifi, only by the reception area. And you're able to use their small but practical kitchen. I really enjoyed my stay

• 23rd Apr 2014

I would signpost the basement area better from outside as the front door is not used for reception.

It's a good place to stay. Best Location ever!

Thanks to Henry and Anita,my 3rd time in Central was very amazing,they were really attentive,funny,involved. The only bad point was Marianna: i've charged a friend to book and pay one of my night from the hostel,she refused and opened the booking online. We went to another hostel and moved all of our stuff for one night just because of her.Next morning she mocked us in Italian. If you read this Marianna,profites de ton petit pouvoir de réceptionniste,l'équilibre des choses te rattrapera un jour.

• 16th Apr 2014

Our experience from tha hostel is awful. When we reached hostel we' re been shocked of the small and crowded rooms. However, I have to say that the rooms, the kitchen and the bathrooms were clean enough and that the bathroom facilities were no old at all. We were not contented at all of tha reception girls. Marianna was always in a bad mood, outlandish and unavailable. When we checked out, we had to waiting to finish her chating on facebook!!!Only Henry was helpful & jovial to give infos.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Greece

The staff are lovely and freindly very helpful. The guests are freindly their is certainly a homely safe atmosphere in the communial area.

Good:The hostel is really close to the next subway and the staff is there 24h. Bad:But the kitchen wasn't that good and also there was no possible to book a locker. To safe your important stuff, you can leave the things with the Staff. Not that cool. In the bathroom and the LITTLE dining room next to the kitchen was mould!

The hostel is in a great location but i think the facilities are very poor !!!! cleaniness inside the rooms was very poor!!!! On the other hand this is low-cost sollution and its ideal if you only want to have a cheap bed in London ....

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Greece

Superb low-price range hostel

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Staff are nice and friendly, great location, near loads of restaurants, pubs, cafes, little Tesco and little Sainsbury's, 2 mins walk to tube and good bus route. Only stayed there for one night so cant really comment much, only bad thing was there was no side panel on the bunk beds at the top bunk, so go careful you don't fall off, also there no ladder to get up on them. apart from that its a nice place.

Facilities were acceptable. Bedrooms were clean but a bit smelly. The staff were not really friendly and helpful. They seemed not really focus on their job, apart from the cleaning staff, who was doing his job correctly and helped when required.

Dirty, a lote of people living there, the wi-fi doesn't work properly. A nightmare. I'll never be back.

• 3rd Apr 2014