Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

Guests were very loud having fun at night (between 1 and 3.30 am) under the window of the female dorm.

Is it good (because of location and price) if you are going to stay just a couple of days.

Great staff, quite location, good distance to access city centre.

Had disappointed on the payment type, reached at midnight and they ask me to pay cash while had booking online and additional 5 GBP, for key deposit, Midnight they also didn’t had any cash machine or allowed to pay by card, I need to go again back to station by walking for 10min to ATM and 10min back to hostel, Now my question is if the person will not have any cash facility with him what he will do at midnight, If it will be informed at the time of confirming booking as well no one will mind

• 5th Sep 2015
  • India

I think the hostel could have a way of booking the stay at the hostel beyond simply booking online. The first night I arrived I asked for 1 night at the hostel they told me to book it online. But since I was there, and I was asking for the room, I don't get why I've to do it online. I think they could be more flexibly with the costumer’s attendance. Plus I think is unfair due to a mishap charge me for one night that I not even used. I think is important to see also the side of the costumer.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Portugal

Stayed here twice...it's not the best hosts, but the relaxed nature and atmosphere makes it a home away from home stay. The guests and staff ale you feel welcome. Had a great time on my last stay. ... I'll be going back for more

This has to be the worst hostel in England. I booked a 6 bed female room and was put in a 4 bed room with the hostel staff and a homeless woman. The room was small, untidy and stink....shoes, clothes, and rubbish everywhere. I complained to the manager and her response was, take it or get your full refund and don't come back. Charming! I only stayed one night. Avoid this hostel at all cost. This hostel is a dump, and I have no idea how they are allowed to operate.

great value for money if u come alone or with friends just for a few nights to sleep. but if u come with a family or u want to get some comfortable places to rest, u should spend more money at other hostels. this place not really suitable for people who wants to find comfortable places to stay. but if u dont really and just looking for a place to stay for a night. this place would be great as it provides great value for money

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I have no idea how they can take people's money. The rooms are untidy. During my stay the cleaner came in and didn't change the sheets, he made the bed using the same sheets. Nasty and unhealthy. It might be cheap, but you are risking your health and safety staying at this poor hostel.

Rude and unprofessional manager who speaks to the guest as she wishes. All the walls have graffiti and it's very disturbing and scary. Untidy rooms and bathrooms, and the toilets don't flush. Don't let the cheap prices fool you. It is not a nice and welcoming place to stay while visiting London. Stay clear.

Feels Home.

too few bathrooms, insanely noisy (like, people partying in their dorm at 3-4 am) (no idea what kind of group it was? a stag party?)

noisy parties, too few bathrooms, toilets often blocked

The Hostel is quite central and close to tube stations. Staff members couldn't care less of being there. It is extremely dirty and looks last time they did some maintenance was 10 years ago. The atmosphere is far from happy and friendly. It has a very cheap price, but I still would say it is bad value for the money. Never again.

• 11th Aug 2015

The hostel is fine to stay a couple of nights. It's very central and you can walk everywhere. Cleaniless of bathroom and bedroom not so great.

hi its been a pleasure staying in princess hostel.The staff are amazing really nice people from mariana the manager i say thank you islam who work there at night great guy there an italian dont know his name nice guy as well and lastly the italian girl who work there as well really quite and very helpful .I recommand anyone to try this hostel its very central the atmosphere is nice this lovely lady florence really nice people who stay there was really cool.The toilets and the rooms are clean.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Senegal

Older crowd of customers. Lights were broken and the room was very loud even at 5am due to rude and not friendly people staying there. Staff was missing when we were scheduled to check in for an hour. No towels, dirty floors, and wifi doesn't really work. Cheap, and we found out why.

• 31st Jul 2015

always recommend

This was the nasiest place i have ever stayed in. I walked in and the atmosphere was similar to that of a prison or psych ward. The facilities were unclean and extremely outdated, the beds were basically cots with lumpy matresses, the staff was unfriendly and rude not nting to help with anything, and the whole day we were there, we avoided the bathrooms and showers because they were so gross. This place should have been about 1£ per night and thats a stretch. This place ruined london for us.

• 25th Jul 2015

Looks better than on the pictures. Staff is helpful but not necessary nice. Awesome location, circle, district and central lines are 5 mins away, a tesco express too. Cleanliness was ok, the kitchen fascilities almost below what I'd say acceptable. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• 24th Jul 2015