Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

Friendly Staff and clean bedding with comfy beds. There are plugs but in quite awkward places. Decent showers.

It's value for money but people don't talk to each other that much so if you are friendly and want to make friends in hostel choose something with more common areas.

The staff work very hard to serve a large number of people in tiny facilities that need improvements.

*rudest reception and cleaning staff I have ever experienced. * hole in the ceiling= leaking roof * no working wifi *shuttle bus service is not an actual thing * dirty * fire hazards at every turn *excellent location is the slow saving grace.

noisy and not clean...

I have previously stayed at Central Hostel a few times, but for every time I think the standard of the place drops. The staff seem more or less indifferent and the cleaning is becoming lackluster. There are still okay kitchen facilities but the bathroom/toilets are getting eaten up by mould. I still like the area but unfortunately I think I will have to look for a new place to stay when I go to London in the future, unless the place gets a bit of an overhaul.

The hostel was really good and the location was great, only a couple of blocks from the subway station and from Hyde park. the guy in the reception wasn't the nicest but the girls were great. the room was ok, but during my last night there was an old guy sleeping and snoring quite loudly... i guess you can have that everywhere else as well. All in all it was a really good experience and would definitely go back

I think for this hostel than towel will be free, other door for customs no only downstairs and the staff will be nice with customs

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

Nice staff.......A very good man clean every day, and do a very good jobb......Good location, walk to everything you want....Next time l will stay at this hostel

decent place

• 31st Jul 2014

Actually we liked the hostel because it is cheap. But nothing more. The Location is okay, if you go on foot it takes you half an hour to Marble Arch Station, but there is a metro as well. The rooms are a bit dirty and it kind of smells bad on the entrance ;) but if you are uncomplicated and just search for a bed, it's fine.

I liked to be there, abaolutely worth for the money

Hostel- well , good value for money. Nice room- only to sleep in, small bathroom- you dont need much if you short stay . Breakfast 1 pound 50, however free coffee and tea which is good. In lounge dodgy tv but wi fi and sofas/ table to sit and chat with others. I would stay there again.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Good atmosphere, quiet location, 24h kitchen is also additional advantage

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Small hostel in a great location, with supermarkets, shops, restaurants and public transport closeby. Unfortunately no lockers in the rooms and the kitchen is way to small and dirty to be used for more than a quick pot of pasta. Perfectly fine for one or two nights.

A nice hostel with very pleasant staff ..... and one cleaner who did an excellent job every day ....

not bad for price but stuffs should be more helpful, and polite to guests.

The big downside to this place is not having enough space in the showers to be able to undress/undress. If they just had a bit more space with some hooks it would make it so much better. We stayed in a dorm room which was OK for London. the hostel is about 5 min walk from the tube bayswater station but when I emailed staff 2 days before asking for specific direction we got no reply. we also notice staff also had some disagreement at the reception desk which is both awkward and unprofessional.

This is the worst Hostel I've ever stayed at. I booked a room for four nights but on the fourth night they moved me out of my room and into another room. When asked why they stated "a group booked that room so we will move you to another room." I asked but why do I have to move? The guy said he was new there and couldn't tell me. Poor!!!

The staff is firndly, good location and very good value for money