Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

2062 Total Reviews

Rough and Ready. Too many London Intinerants hanging about.

No internet in hostel, but online it's advertised as there is internet. Nice female room and staff very nice.

Need to have inernet and wifi connection and wifi as all places have now except this hostel.

Really liked the creative and interesting wall paintings. Location was great; less than 5 min walk from Bayswater underground station. Clean bed and room. Staff was quite helpful. I've stayed in many hostels in London and this is the one of the cheapest. Decent place, would stay here again.

It is a very good hostel, very well located but there was NO internet! No wifi connection in whole hostel (even in the reception area)

Very basic. Only good thing is the location - next to Bayswater tube. To get to the rooms, you need to climb very steep narrow steps. Beds have no ladders and are frankly falling apart and creaky which makes it hard to sleep if the other person on the bunk moves. Cleanliness is barely acceptable. The whole place had a musty odour. Staff member working the morning shift was very rude to my brother - who contacted the hostel to see if I had checked in and was told - "Im not his secretary".

The rooms are very dirty. The receptionist, especially the german, are very unpolite and rude. The atmosphere is bad, because there not much traveller, most people staying there looking for a Job... all of them are unhappy. I was in lot of hostels in China and Vietnam, all of them were better!

• 30th Sep 2013

It is very close to Bayswater underground station so transportation is Ok. We spent 5 days in Central Hostel. I recommend it because for last two days we changed our hostel because of occupancy. When i compare with other hostel, central hostel is so better than it:-)

They do not accept cards and they did not say so, in the site before I go. Staff not really helpful.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Greece

Just meh... place to crash thats it. lame!

Cheap and well located. The staff was quite friendly to me and the showers were decently clean. The hostel does not have a lot of common areas and rooms might feel a bit cramped. That will not be a problem if, like me, you are intending to spend your day outdoors. However, there is an IMPORTANT issue worth mentioning: BED BUGS. Please be aware of what this little creatures can do to you and learn how to avoid them sneaking into your luggage. You really don't want to take them home with you...

I would suggest a better bed and a comfortable bathroom. Otherwise, everything was ok.

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Czech Republic

The staff were friendly and caring and just really helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and it was great value for money.

• 10th Sep 2013

Good hostel, but you couldn't even buy internet acces because it didn't work. I was staying at the hostel for over a week and they didn't fix it so had to go to Mc Donald's every day. There's no age limit which means that some of the people are over 40. If you don't talk with the staff they don't talk with you but once you do they are very friendly. People most of the time watch television so it's hard to get a conversation if that's what you want.

• 8th Sep 2013
  • Denmark

Decent value for money. Location was excellent and I felt safe the entire time. One of the members of staff's behaviour with clients was somewhat questionable but personally I experienced no issues.

• 7th Sep 2013

our room wasn´t good, the window had broken and we couldn´t close it, but the worst thing of the hostel were the other people who sleept with us, very strange people. In this hostel you can find young people and old people. the staff were very kind with us, we didn´t have any problem and the kitchen was clean.

Better price for bed in the London centre? I do not think so...and summer picnics in Hyde Park = the best times! For visitors who spending time outside and than need to easy rest for new day.

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

Worst hostel ever. There were bugs in my room and all my stuffs were removed and I was asked to check out. Following the logic that the bugs were found near my bed only I was asked to check out, while other visitors were granted alternative rooms. Staff and especially the cleaner were super rude and they did not have any evidence or prove that bugs were coming from my luggage as they clearly weren't. Even worse after emergency 5 days early check out staff tried to charge me extra for storage.

The Central Hostel was great! It offered a familiar atmosphere in the centre of London and gave us a great starting point for all our activities. We highly recommend this hostel - especially because of its really nice and kindly staff! Thank you!

It's good, but don't have wi-fi.