Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

2069 Total Reviews

It's good, but don't have wi-fi.

I was there for a layover, so I wasn't really in town for the sites; despite that being the case, the staff was very cool. I talked to Henry, the guy that was at the front desk when I came in, who was really chill and we had a decent conversation. I love the fact that this Hostel had a smoking area for those of us that like to destroy our lungs. Extremely well situated in a nice area, very friendly and informative staff, close to the tube station, and really close to FOOD! Pretty dope place.

• 20th Aug 2013

your staff Henry has been very unfriendly and unhelpful. he looks frustrated all the time.

The hostel is in a good location, only 5 mins walk to the nearest underground. This is the only thing that deserves a mention. There is no wifi!!! The doors and walls are full of paintings. Some skeleton paintings on the door are scaring. The bed is unstable. Really difficult to fall asleep as the bed shakes. Not recommended, especially girls.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • China

This place was okay. It's got a great location, but everything is just kind of okay.

it is verry old, you need to do a few reparations. the smel of the old carpet is really not inviting. and your tags, even if they are funny, do not cover the age of the last works done in the house.

The price is far too high - The Hostel is located exelent, but wornout - not only paint would help there. We asked for a cab to drive us to Victoria Coachstation at 3.45 the 9. of august - and were very surprised to be collected by a person in a Toyota Prius (didn't see the number) - at the right time - and the driver drove us to Victoria Station - and asked for 18 pound. Good service, but NOT A CAB.

Amazing place. Was very happy with the price but mates sunglasses got stolen. Other than that it was really good and pretty comfortable. Would stay again!

• 6th Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Unfriendly, cold atmoshpere. Rude staff (especially the cleaner). Old hostel, poor farilities, no WiFi. Not recommended for sure.

the location of the hostel is good, easy to find and close to the city centre. however, the staff was very rude and unhelpful most of the time and did not seem to know much what they had to do. Also, the day I arrived, there was a problem with a group booking and they relocated around 20 people to another hostel without contacting them, I found this very disrespectful. I was with 2 other friends who had to go to another hostel while I stayed, which backtracked our plans.

A better reactivity to answer to the email could be useful as well as bag lock in the chamber to have securities.

• 2nd Aug 2013

If you are aware that you are booking accomodation at A HOSTEL not HILTON you should be 100% SATISFIED. People who work in a hostel don't need to be super nice to you, because you don't pay for that, but they should be helpful and at Central Hostel they are. There are rooms with clean sheets, clean bathrooms/toilets and always available and a perfectly clean kitchen very well supplied! CENTRAL HOSTEL HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

You get, what you pay for. Nothing special, but it's clean and the location is great. We slept in an 8-bed-dorm and the the only problems were that we had to share one bathroom with 16 people and that there were no lockers.

Good place, everything clean, and it seemed to be quite safe. The only problem was that they had said on the internet they had wifi but they don't.

10 pounds/night..it's ok for what you paid!

I would only recommend this hostel to those who were on their last pennies or who were planning on spending most of their time out of the hostel. I can't really comment on the facilities because I don't know exactly what is available. Note: THERE IS NO WIFI. I would recommend to the owners that their staff as a hospitable gesture, take the guests to their room and give a small tour of the place. Good customer service is lacking.

This is by far the worst hostel I've stayed at in London (maybe in Europe). Even though its fairly cheap you will not be happy here! The staff are rude and make you feel like you're interrupting their day by checking in (or asking questions like, where is my room?). The rooms/bathrooms are filthy (bed bugs?)! There's no lockers,

After I've stayed more than 3 weeks(2nd and 3rd paid 100 pounds/week cash directly to reception) they extorted me 15pounds extra (while I had to pay, without any previous advice) becouse "I booked on line while staying there": this condition is no mentioned anywhere (in Hostelworld site): at the reception, they shown me, after I complained a notice, between other 10, in which is written that "it's not allowed", but they didn't tell me anything 10 days before, when I told them about the booking.

I stayed in room 6. There was a whole on the floor by the sink that looked quite scary, 'cause it was big enough for bugs and cockroaches to come out of there! Also the room wasn't very clean, the linens didn't fell that they were just washed and I the towels, which I had to paid for, weren't that fresh either! The best thing was really the location.

• 21st Jul 2013
  • Portugal

The staff was friendly, but I was disappointed to learn that there was no internet access in the hostel or in the area. When I arrived and climbed upstairs to get to my room, the first person I ran into was a middle aged man in his underwear walking out of the bathroom. Later that night, I tried to use the women's bathroom and knocked on the door to get in. A man responded, saying "come in". This was my personal experience but this place came off as creepy to me. No lockers in rooms either :(