Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

The only thing this place has going for it is the location. Everything else is utterly terrible – staff is unfriendly, rooms are dated and cramped, and cleanliness is questionable. There are no lockers available to safely store your belongings. To top it off, we were forced to switch rooms during our stay without any advance notice so that they could accommodate more guests. This just speaks to the complete lack of disorganization of this hostel. I would NOT recommend this hostel to anyone.

Don't take notice of the bad comments , you should expect it is not the quality of a 3 stars hotel obviously ... Nice atmosphere , and completely worth the money !

• 2nd Jun 2014

The staff were pretty unwilling to help, they knew nothing about the area or even where the nearest cash point was, cleaner was rude to us because we moved the mirror once, and the room hadn't been cleaned properly in months, but overall worth the money, we were hardly there we were out all day and night

• 2nd Jun 2014

For the price you pay, the location of this hostel is great! The cleanliness could be improved but it was liveable.

• 31st May 2014

This hostel was cheap but inconvienient. The quick access is to Hyde Park and to the Kensington Gardens, anything other than that and the walk is rather long. The staff is cold and unwelcoming. They also place guests in rooms with long stay patrons whom have already made the room their home. This means little access to outlets, building forts from sheets, added dressers and chairs. The price is worth it, but dont expect to enjoy staying in the hostel.

The building is kinda old, but ok. The rooms aren't so big, the beds are ok...

For the price I paid, I believe that this hostel provided average service. I have been to other hostels where I have paid a similar price and service was a million times better. The staff is really cold and unwelcoming which creates a very awkward atmosphere in the one common area. The common area is ill equipped to invite travelers to talk to each other. I suggest giving your staff hospitality training and updating what you have in the common area.

• 23rd May 2014

Hostel is very nice. There is a small kitchen with basic facilities. Bathroom is generally clean but there are just few of them on each floor. Location is great! It's at a walking distance from Bayswater and Queensway station, Hyde park and many shops, supermarket and restaurants.

• 16th May 2014

Awesome location! Short walk to train station. Staff aren't very friendly and the atmosphere isn't great but it's good if all you are wanting to do is sleep there and not socialize. The bathroom wasn't very clean and it was shared amongst 16 people

• 14th May 2014

Good hotels, location is perfect, near hyde park. Nice staff and helpful. I would surely recommend this hostel.

Can't complain with what I paid. Thought it was going to be a dump after reading other reviews but I was rather surprised. There were both private and common restrooms that were always clean. The only issue I had was three bad roommates but that is always up in the air anyway. Great value for the money. Would stay again

The reception, entrance and living area share the same tiny room for all those uses. The kitchen is totally insane and small, under the basement entrance, whose doorway is really narrow and between the "reception" and the kitchen. But the double room we took was quite ok, including a mini fridge quite useful. But in general, I wouldn't recommend it, yet location is good

Much more a long term stay place than a travelling hostel. Depends what you wish.

The staff were miserable bordering on outright rude. The website will advertises a free shuttle bus from Victoria that doesn't exist. The sheets had little holes in them and the top sheet was a really hideous brown, the room smelt a bit stale but most of all it was the lack of atmosphere and the staff that let it down. Location is fantastic but I still can't bring myself to recommend this place it just couldn't make up for the bad bits.

• 3rd May 2014

The building is nice enough, but the description was misleading. The hostel says it has a pick up service from the bus station, but we called and it was unavailable, so we had to figure out how to get there via the Underground. The building itself is also unmarked. You have to look closely just to be sure that you're at the right place. But if you can plan to make your own way there and know where you're going, the inside is acceptable and not too far by Tube from the main attractions in London.

The staff, nice. The room was horrible. Humid and dark. Cold at night since the window was broken and it was impossible to close. The pipes were exposed on the room so everytime people went to the toilet was possible to hear them flushing. Terrible.

Staff: Mostly really rude and grumpy, not with a helping attitude at all. Only one decent worker in staff that we encountered. I also got shouted at by the cleaning person while at this hostel. Hostel itself: Really dirty, sheets full of hair and blood stains, kitchen area/bathrooms really disgusting. The worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Two good things: the location and the price. Still - DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOSTEL!! The location and price just isn't worth it.

The hostel was cramped and dirty, whilst I realize that the hostel is extremely cheap I have stayed in far better conditions for the same amount of money. I would not recommend this hostel to others.

Great location in a quiet and nice part of London. Reasonably priced and staff are helpful in general. 24 reception is a big plus, especially if you're mainly travelling and looking for a place to bunk for the night. Staff are helpful in general.

I was really surprised how bad and unclear were toilettes and bathrooms. There was also lack of safe deposit boxes, the solituion of leaving things on the reception, was unacceptable. Another unpleasant experience was the fact, that they wanted 1 pound for luggage storage (even though it was for couple of hours). and when I asked for some sale, the answer of the staff was rude. Same with sheets - my sheets smelled, and when I asked if it is possible to change them, staff was very rude