Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

I have stayed at this hostel for only one night! Anyway, as I just needed a bed to sleep in and somewhere to leave my stuff during the next day while I was exploring London, I am overall satisfied. The location is brilliant! The rooms seem okay, at least the one I was in. The staff was friendly although a bit hesitant to talk to me and my friend when we arrived. I loved that if you leave your luggage after check out, it will be locked away. Beds are okay, same as bathroom.

• 19th Feb 2014

The sheets were dirty and when asked for clean ones they gave us ones even diertier! The wifi only works on the ground floor and we were on the 3rd and only worked on the first night! Wifi really comes in handy when you travel, you know? There were some fridge or something in the room that was really loud and the door was really loud when you opened (waking up other people in the room). Location is really good! Excellent zone and near city attractions and the underground subway.

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Plugs in room unsafe - didn't work.

For the price it is a really good hostel, but the only thing i didnt like it was the lady at reception,i think she was italian and rude, i think if u want to work un a hostel you have to be in a proper attitude. On the other hand the man who is cleaning it is really nice and funny and he keep all the things reaaaally clean. And thhe rooms are comfortable.

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Spain

There's not much bathrooms, and they're not clean.

The hostel seemed a little strange to me, the rooms were kind of spacious but no lockers were provided. I didn't use the kitchen at all, but it didn't seem clean and there was an issue with the fridge. I only stayed one night and could not see myself staying there any longer. Worst of all, there were BEDBUGS.

Please make some general repairs and improvement in the common kitchen. Thank you!

The best thing about this hostel is its price and location. Everything else... I slept on the 10 mix dorm room, the bed was lumpy, gave me some trouble with my back and although the sheets seemed clean i have been, and I did counted, bitten 23 times (face!!, neck and legs) by some bugs (bed bug?). There are no locker as describe but there is a luggage storage. Bring your own international adaptor, they don't provide it.

This is the worst hostel ive ever been, everything is dirty, it looks like they havnt cleaned it in years, the staff hate their job, theres a lot of old people living there, only 4 showers for 15 rooms (mine was for 6 pp) so imagine hows the shower, btw one shower its for 3 ppl and theres no hot water or place to put the stuff, to be honest expend a little more or get another hostel because London its an amazing city, so dont even think about staying here...

Reception in the basement without no notice on the front door that it's there. How are people supposed to know that? There's no mentioning that there's 5 pound deposit for the key on the hostel's profile. Overall poor service on the part of the staff.

FULL COMMENTS on my mail sent to you yesterday, doesn't fit in here cose its a long commentary. title of the email: FEEDBACK Centralhostel LONDON ! from : benoitdutherage@yahoo.fr sent to : customerservice@hostelworld.com

• 24th Jan 2014

Unclean, bed bugs

The staff was acually really nice but the room was dirty as well as the bathroom. We didn't stay there for the night and I wouldn't recommend staying there. I think you can expect more even in a cheap hostel.

Good hostel which is very close to the centre of London. Anyway, security was really bad and somebody stole my money from our room ! Be careful when you´re going there.

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Czech Republic

We stayed 3 nights to visit London, the location is quite good for the prices but the wifi connection doesn't work and it was very dirty, the beds were noisy and there wasn't the light in the bathroom. I wouldn't suggest it.

At arrival the staff woman in the reception was in a bad mood, which made us feel non-welcome. The room was very good, clean and cheap. Very nice!

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Denmark

Poor and not included breakfast Did the girl who "welcomed" us was actually working here? Was it a punishment for her to work at the reception? No lockers One of the beds was broken

The biggest problem was in attendance, staffs very rudes and poorly educated treating you without respect. They didn't like to attend and provide information about the city and anything else, beyond it's far from the main attractions. Definitely, I hated it.

Horrible bathroons. Only one private bathroom with shower, at the first floor. The others are like a group shower. At night sometimes dont have hot water. My friend forgot his phone in the kitchen for a few minutes, when he came back the phone was wet and doesnt works anymore. somebody found and made this. i will never come back to this hostel

Very agreable and helpful receptionist, thank you for everything!

• 17th Dec 2013