Central Hostel Reviews

26 Princes Square, London, England

The basic essentials of clean beds and showers etc were there, but the hostel had a distinctly run-down and scruffy feel to it. Very pleasant and helpful staff, comfortable beds and the location rescue it though and judging it purelyi as a place to grab a shower and bed down in after a long day sightseeing, this hostel does the job perfectly well. Bit like an old family pet this one, past its prime and looking a bit haggered, but still with a very good heart and soul!!

• 24th May 2015

- sehr schlechte Luft in der Lounge - dreckige Badematte vor der Dusche - Boden im Zimmer dreckig + WIFI + sehr günstig

good and cheap hostel - friendly atmosphere - good rooms

Condizioni igieniche ai limiti della legalità

• 15th May 2015

Bien situé mais répugnant, chambre comme sanitaires, on hésite à aller se doucher... Malgré une ambiance sympathique dans la salle commune.

• 14th May 2015

I was booked in for only two nights, but almost as soon as I checked in that felt like too long. The place was extremely dirty and had an odd smell to it. It might just be because I was travelling on my own, but I just didn't feel comfortable here at all. The bathrooms were not clean at all. The wifi is almost nonexistent, I went to the nearest Starbucks instead. I can't put my finger on it, but the whole place had a weird vibe and I would not recommend it.

My girlfriend and I were scheduled to stay for four nights, but we didn't feel comfortable enough to stay for one. The staff was very rude to us before we even checked in. We did not want to store our luggage there as their storage area is a shed outside of the building. When we finally did check in, the room looked nothing like the pictures on the website and was very dirty. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• 13th May 2015

Gross is a good word. The room they put me in, looked like it hadn't been dusted in about 16 years, the curtain wouldn't open, it smelled horrid and the room looked nothing like the pictures online. The carpet was torn up in places and the beds are premade, who knows if they've been cleaned or not. There was popcorn on every single bed there and even on the few sitting chairs in the room. The bathroom was two floors below, and the door wouldn't close all the way. The kitchen smelled putrid.

• 11th May 2015

L'accueil n'était pas bon, personnel très peu aimable. La Décoration et la propreté des sanitaire etait bonne. Par contre nettoyage sommaire des chambres (housse de couette pas nettoyées entre deux clients!!!!!!)

• 10th May 2015

El pago es en efectivo y lo tienes que pagar desde el momento que llegas por que sino, no te dejan hacer el check in. No hay lockers!!! En caso de tener cosas de valor las dejas bajo tu responsabilidad en la recepciôn. Al momento de hacer el check out, te cobran 1.5 Pounds por dejarla (no importa la talla). Hay transporte a 10 minutos, y puedes llegar, hay bus de 24h cerca.

in need of renovation especially downstairs, but rooms and toilets clean, staff helpful.

A bit disappointing, the beds were actually terrible. I hardly slept a wink because they were so creeky! Every move I made or anyone else made work me up. Cleanliness was fine although the bathrooms were a bit gross. For security- there wasn't really any. Anyone could walk in the front door and yes you need a key for your room but nothing was locked up until then. there was a very small common room to hang out in so atmosphere was lacking.

Consider more on cleanliness and facilities. Value for money is very poor

We had a 8 bed dorm and the hostel made a mistake and had 9 people in there. We told the guy working there and he said the clothes of that person were just left there and that he had checked out. Only for him to arrive back early in the morning making two of us have to share a bed. Thought this was poor as if you pay for a bed you should not need to share it.

• 1st May 2015

Yo comparti habitacion y no me gusto... pienso que capaz si llenas la habitacion con tus amigos estaria bueno. La ubicacion es genial y la atencion tambien! Pienso que es un poco viejo y sucio.. yo solo pase 3 noches, y mas de eso me parece que no hubiese podido

It was a good holiday. I met interesting people and I enjoyed. Moreover the place is near Hyde Park and it is easy to go everywhere. The tube station is just five minutes walking

• 30th Apr 2015

It was an okay stay. The toilets were broken and the shower didn't have a lock. Also, it Saïd on the internet that there were lockers. That was the main reason for me to pick this hostel. But there were no lockers. Also the personal was nice but didn't explain anything about the neighbourhood, about the internet, and they didn't gave a map or told where the bathrooms were. It wasnt the best experience with a hostel.

• 28th Apr 2015

Be aware that the hostel entrance is not by the main door-you have to use the stairs to go to the basement door which are just by. They're not that easy to notice especially if you're arriving when it's already dark. :D They have a lovely small kitchen with all the necessary facilities, the rooms are clean, but the beds are super soft. The atmosphere is lively, there's lots of longterm people that love to hang out with anyone. Staff is nice and helpful, able to speak different languages :).

The place is basically the epitome of scarcity, misery and squalor but to be truthful, I didn't expect that much. They do have a great staff and the atmosphere was so good that apart from the things they don't have (towels, hands soap), which sometimes are necesary, I decided to stay a bit longer. The spanish bloke who works in the evening and the Aussie one working in the morning were really cool, attentive and helpful with any requests. The rest were okay too.

Wish they had bathrooms on each floor at least if not in every room!

• 25th Apr 2015