Central Lodge Reviews

4th Floor, No 27, Jln Tun Sambathan 4, Brickfiel, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

We just spent 2 nights in the hostel, the owner was great and all the staff was nice! The rooms are simple, but comfy! Spent a little more for the AC, it's worth it!! The area is perfect, you can take the train from the airport and than walk there!! Monorail station is just around the corner!! A lot of restaurants are all around!! There is free water and coffee and tee in the morning! All around perfect place for a few nights!!!

• 2nd Apr 2015

The location is very good. Very near to KL sentral. I arrived at 02.00am from the airport and the staff still awake. Lots of food around hostel.

A case of getting what we paid for. We had fan only- fans were inadequate and we sweltered. Double room was actually family, so top bunk prevented air flow, bedding not acceptable by western standards. Pleasant staff. Very steep steps to climb with luggage

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

First of all the location cant be better than that... KL sentral is next door and they have metro and buses that goes everywhere in the city included airport! You can walk easily to chinatown and little india lots of restaurants around ans shopping centre! The owner of the place is a really nice guy we had a little bit of time to speak together and samething for the staff... The only small thing i didnt like was that my room was way too hot even with the fan but they gave rooms with AC

Good Location, friendly staffs, clean bathrooms and value for money. Breakfast, Drinking Water and Wi-Fi included.

Great location, near the central station and in the middle of the Little India district. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The hostel itself isn't high class or modern, but given the costs it is definitely worth it. I would stay there again. Also there is a great rooftop area that could be developed so easily into something amazing with a few tables and chairs, plants and a pagoda

We stayed at the standard double private room with air conditioner. The room facility is so basic. The blanket is so thin and the room's so small, soon it got too chilly for us. They don't provide the air-conditioner's remote in the room, so we have to call the staff to adjust the temperature. But the location is really near from kl sentral.

The room was not clean, leaking toilet en no toilet paper. Had to leave shoes in the hall but ghe carpet was to durty to walk on. Very noizy as well, bed sheets had stains. Overall not clean at all!

The breakfast was really poor

Hi, its a free breakfast and you dont pay anything for it . tq

There is not anything special about the place. The location is good, the price per night is cheap, the air-conditioning was fine, however don't expect it to be very clean. At least that was our experience.

Nice staff, good location. Not so clean rooms or toilet facilities.

I will never go back to his lodge. The room is smelly. The bed is not comfy as you can hear and feel the springs. The pillow has stains (omg!) and smelly. The carpet inside the lodge and inside the room is untidy. And you are required to barefoot. There are only 3 toilets (I guess) and it does need some renovation. The flush is broken. Inside the room, you can hear the conversations in the adjacent room.

hi, i know you are a problem creator. when this guy arrived he start arguing that he need a aircon room. he booked a single bed fan. its all started there and he was unhappy. very childish. tq

Easily the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Filthy sheets, rooms that smell musty and resemble cells, and a manager who made me feel very uncomfortable (sleazy!!!). I hated every second in this place.

• 18th Dec 2014

hi amelia, you smile a lot when u wanted a private rrom when you booked a dorm, now you say nothing good. very cheap of you....

waited 10mins before they decided which room to let me stay. Promised me earlier breakfast but never did it'

sorry about the waiting. its bcoz of confusion of your country. you booked as malaysian but when you register you wrote as australian. so that was the confusion. breakfast is from 730am to 1030am. you check out at 6am. we cant serve you breakfast at 6am. sorry about that.

The staff were nice and friendly, gave us directions and helped us in every way they could. Will definitely go back!!

Nice hostel.. I would love to come again

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi Alvin. tq very much and wish to see you again.

Manager Robert was very kind & helpful! I appreciated getting an upgraded room after they temporarily lost my reservation (thanks again!) Location is convenient near main train station. As a non-smoker, I had a problem with guests smoking in the hostel's only doorway - in front of guests' rooms. For Western females who are accustomed to sitting on the toilet, the consistently wet toilet from others' use of the geyser and not cleaning up after themselves was annoying. Good value for price though!

Cleanliness can definitely be improved. Not atmosphere at all. Nice staff working there. Good for a stay-over when in KL just for one-day flight connection as it's a few minutes walk from KL Sentral.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels