Central Lodge Reviews

4th Floor, No 27, Jln Tun Sambathan 4, Brickfiel, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

First of all the location cant be better than that... KL sentral is next door and they have metro and buses that goes everywhere in the city included airport! You can walk easily to chinatown and little india lots of restaurants around ans shopping centre! The owner of the place is a really nice guy we had a little bit of time to speak together and samething for the staff... The only small thing i didnt like was that my room was way too hot even with the fan but they gave rooms with AC

Good Location, friendly staffs, clean bathrooms and value for money. Breakfast, Drinking Water and Wi-Fi included.

Great location, near the central station and in the middle of the Little India district. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The hostel itself isn't high class or modern, but given the costs it is definitely worth it. I would stay there again. Also there is a great rooftop area that could be developed so easily into something amazing with a few tables and chairs, plants and a pagoda

We stayed at the standard double private room with air conditioner. The room facility is so basic. The blanket is so thin and the room's so small, soon it got too chilly for us. They don't provide the air-conditioner's remote in the room, so we have to call the staff to adjust the temperature. But the location is really near from kl sentral.

The room was not clean, leaking toilet en no toilet paper. Had to leave shoes in the hall but ghe carpet was to durty to walk on. Very noizy as well, bed sheets had stains. Overall not clean at all!

The breakfast was really poor

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Hi, its a free breakfast and you dont pay anything for it . tq

There is not anything special about the place. The location is good, the price per night is cheap, the air-conditioning was fine, however don't expect it to be very clean. At least that was our experience.

Nice staff, good location. Not so clean rooms or toilet facilities.

I will never go back to his lodge. The room is smelly. The bed is not comfy as you can hear and feel the springs. The pillow has stains (omg!) and smelly. The carpet inside the lodge and inside the room is untidy. And you are required to barefoot. There are only 3 toilets (I guess) and it does need some renovation. The flush is broken. Inside the room, you can hear the conversations in the adjacent room.

hi, i know you are a problem creator. when this guy arrived he start arguing that he need a aircon room. he booked a single bed fan. its all started there and he was unhappy. very childish. tq

Easily the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Filthy sheets, rooms that smell musty and resemble cells, and a manager who made me feel very uncomfortable (sleazy!!!). I hated every second in this place.

• 18th Dec 2014

hi amelia, you smile a lot when u wanted a private rrom when you booked a dorm, now you say nothing good. very cheap of you....

waited 10mins before they decided which room to let me stay. Promised me earlier breakfast but never did it'

sorry about the waiting. its bcoz of confusion of your country. you booked as malaysian but when you register you wrote as australian. so that was the confusion. breakfast is from 730am to 1030am. you check out at 6am. we cant serve you breakfast at 6am. sorry about that.

The staff were nice and friendly, gave us directions and helped us in every way they could. Will definitely go back!!

Nice hostel.. I would love to come again

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi Alvin. tq very much and wish to see you again.

Manager Robert was very kind & helpful! I appreciated getting an upgraded room after they temporarily lost my reservation (thanks again!) Location is convenient near main train station. As a non-smoker, I had a problem with guests smoking in the hostel's only doorway - in front of guests' rooms. For Western females who are accustomed to sitting on the toilet, the consistently wet toilet from others' use of the geyser and not cleaning up after themselves was annoying. Good value for price though!

Cleanliness can definitely be improved. Not atmosphere at all. Nice staff working there. Good for a stay-over when in KL just for one-day flight connection as it's a few minutes walk from KL Sentral.

Great hostel, can't beat the location - right on the centre and 10 ringgit from the Airport. Friendliest and most helpful staff I've met so far! definitely recommend this hostel and will be back!

Hi Rose, good to know you like our place well. hope to see you again.

Great location 5 minutes walk to KL sentral station- staff were extremely friendly and helpfull. I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Kuala Lumpur.

hi Lucy good to know you enjoyed your stay. hope to see you again.

Real basic but ok..

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Belgium

The owner of Central Lodge (Robert) is an amazing person, he goes above and beyond to ensure his guests have the best possible stay. Right beside the KL Sentral station so easy to get anywhere in the city and outside. Great value is you are a budget traveller.

Location was not easy to find, yet location was central. When you get to Sentral, ask for Brickfields, that's the side of the Sentral Station you need to find. Room was clean and tidy, a good view from my room. Room very hot inside with fan, I recommend one of the air conditioned rooms in hot Malay weather. The owner spoke good English and was very helpful. He gave good advice on tourist spots in the city. Overall, very good value for money. You get what you pay for ...

thanks ,,,the location is very easy if you follow our guide. YMCA is the landmark

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels