Central Lodge Reviews

4th Floor, No 27, Jln Tun Sambathan 4, Brickfiel, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Make sure to book air con as otherwise you will roast. The location is great, a minute or so from KL Sentral and as we were only there as a stopover it worked perfectly. The breakfast is toast, we had no complaints. Its simple but does the job. There isn't a lock on the shower which should be fixed as could make people feel uncomfortable. Other than that we can't grumble, but we are really not hard to please backpackers.

The best thing about the hostel it's the location (near Kl sentral), but as the staff member said: "You can find other place near by". The hide the breads (breakfast it's icluded) for people don't eat. The staff member was impolite.

She is a nuisance. She walked in without anybooking and demand for hostelworld. she argue and then she book on hostelworld for the next day. Total she stayed for 4 days and booked online for 2 days.About breakfast we never hide anything but this creature eat like a buffalo. She can eat 12 slice of bread.. We have to keep the bread for other guest also. She is so unfriendly. She even questions us when we put other guest in the dorm like she pay for private room.

You won´t find a hostel which is located more convinient than "Central Lodge". Like it says already in the name its near the central station. Little India is close by and the streetfood right next to the hostel is amazing. Well now more about the hostel itself The rooms are clean and the double beds are comfortable. The a/c is working very well in the rooms but its turned off most likely in the floor. The staff is friendly and the owner very welcoming and nice. I had a good time! Thanks! -Robin

• 8th Jul 2015

I arrived at the Hostel on 22 May evening. I booked with Hostelworld and made an online deposit. However, the Central Lodge charged me at FULL PRICE of RM 23 . Although I reminded the staff that I booked and made online deposit, he insisted me that he did exclude my deposit from bill. Then when I came home, I checked the booking and realized that Amount Due On Arrival should be RM 19.55 only. I feel like I'm cheated!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Vietnam

Hi. We never mean to cheat u. We don't sell dorm to Asian but you still booked. We still give u a dorm room bcoz u have booked. The rm23 was our mistake. I wrote the amount wrong. Not the staff mi stake. My apology for that. Tq

Unfortunately we didn't have the greatest stay due to feeling a bit unwelcome. Granted we did arrive in the early hours with confusion at the direction to leave KL Sentral (leave the station from the underpass where the KLIA buses leave from). If you want a quiet stay where you are left totally unbothered by staff and fellow guests then this is it. Basic rooms are very basic, don't expect anything more than a bed and ceiling fan. Toast and jam breakfast. Showers are decent. Good location, cheap.

• 27th Apr 2015

The floor is an old carpet and you are told to take shoes off. The bathroom facilities are infested w tiny incects and the staff isn't pleasant at all. Not even worth a night stay. And that's all I was there for. The area is central but it's in little India not a very fun area to be in. Do yourself a favour and get a better place to stay.

We just spent 2 nights in the hostel, the owner was great and all the staff was nice! The rooms are simple, but comfy! Spent a little more for the AC, it's worth it!! The area is perfect, you can take the train from the airport and than walk there!! Monorail station is just around the corner!! A lot of restaurants are all around!! There is free water and coffee and tee in the morning! All around perfect place for a few nights!!!

• 2nd Apr 2015

The location is very good. Very near to KL sentral. I arrived at 02.00am from the airport and the staff still awake. Lots of food around hostel.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels