Central Lodge Reviews

4th Floor, No 27, Jln Tun Sambathan 4, Brickfiel, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

There was no atmosphere. It was like a library. Wasn't sure who was in charge but the staff didn't seem to know wha was going on. Both mornings we woke to find people asleep on the floor in the living area who were supposed to be setting up the free breakfast and both times we had to wait 15/20 mins for this. There was an odd smell that lingered about. Good location though and it had key card and key entry so felt safe.

Yes the location is good. I'd booked Single: a room with a bunk, with only the lower bunk has a pillow. I'm OK with no window room but this room has no proper ventilation with malfunction air conditioner, makes the room stuffy & hot. Fan won't do justice. The gate was padlocked in the middle of the night. Not really 24 hour reception coz no receptionist around 6am ( i need to go at 6:30am). No breakfast was served as I waited till 9:30am last day. You might want to consider nearby accommodation.

Hi. We serve breakfast from 730 to 1030am. Single room comes with fan . Not air conditioner. We have staff 24 hrs. We lock the gate around 2am and Wil open around 630 am. But you can always refer to the reception if u going out or coming back. Hope you understand. Tq

Great hostle for the money. Nice staff, good facilities and located close to the subway stops for all the city wandering. Additional accommodations are available for a bit extra like fresh towl for 3rm and a/c for 5rm. Highly recommend to get A/C.

Perfect location, room OK, wifi and breakfast. Good for a night or two.

Hi. Have a good day. Hope to see u again. Tq

At arrival our sheets were not clean. There was several black pubic and head hairs. Bathrooms were dirty, lacking toilet paper. There were men sitting on the couch in only towels in the evening, which is very disturbing, who would stare as I would pass to the bathroom, which is really uncomfortable. The bed fell down twice per night since the bottom was home made. The floor was nasty with big spots. The smell was a mix of sweat and cigarettes. Clerk was smoking inside. Curtains not closing.

Very sorry about it. I have my email in every room. If you have any problem to email me and I would handle it appropriately for your stay. We always keep our place clean. If you have any problem you should inform the reception. Sorry again.tq

Breakfast included but poor quality, toaster faulty - cannot be used - staff unable to fix it, hence I had no breakfast. Very basic room, a bed in square box room. Basic kitchen, no cooking facility, no fridge. Excellent location, opposite major train station, plenty local bus transport too, plenty of nearby food shops -- you won't go hungry even if you didn't get the chance to have proper breakfast in the hostel. There is big modern shopping centre across the road too.

Hi. The toaster was faulty on that particular day only. U stayed 1 night. Sorry about that. Have a nice day. Tq

No windows, so dark inside but otherwise there is hot water, nice staff (even if i have forgotten my towel and i wrote them an email for them to keep it because i will come back in one month but they did not reply me), the location is close to the central station which was very convenient for me, they give a city map, the breakfast is just a few toast but it is better than nothing !

hi, i have replied that we will check on the towel. hope you have enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again,,...

Perfect location close to central station and Robert the owner is very nice and helpful . Thanks Robert for our little chats, see you soon!

Hi. C u soon.

This hostel was in good location, 3 min walk to the central train station. The whole place had a horrible smell. The showers were freezing cold. The bathrooms could have done with a very good scrub. We were actually very lucky to have a window in our room as it was the only room that had one. We were provided a key for our room and locked our room when we went out, however the staff entered our room whilst we were out as we had left Windows opened but on return they were closed.

Hi. We have to close the window due to the rain. U left it open. The smell is bcoz of the carpet was wet due to rain. Tqvm

A great location, really handy if you havd to catch an early shuttle to airport, I had no problems at all & would stay here again ;)

tqvm for staying in our place. hope to see you again.cheers

Make sure to book air con as otherwise you will roast. The location is great, a minute or so from KL Sentral and as we were only there as a stopover it worked perfectly. The breakfast is toast, we had no complaints. Its simple but does the job. There isn't a lock on the shower which should be fixed as could make people feel uncomfortable. Other than that we can't grumble, but we are really not hard to please backpackers.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels