Central Lodge Reviews

4th Floor, No 27, Jln Tun Sambathan 4, Brickfiel, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The best thing about the hostel it's the location (near Kl sentral), but as the staff member said: "You can find other place near by". The hide the breads (breakfast it's icluded) for people don't eat. The staff member was impolite.

• 30th Jul 2015

You won´t find a hostel which is located more convinient than "Central Lodge". Like it says already in the name its near the central station. Little India is close by and the streetfood right next to the hostel is amazing. Well now more about the hostel itself The rooms are clean and the double beds are comfortable. The a/c is working very well in the rooms but its turned off most likely in the floor. The staff is friendly and the owner very welcoming and nice. I had a good time! Thanks! -Robin

• 8th Jul 2015

I arrived at the Hostel on 22 May evening. I booked with Hostelworld and made an online deposit. However, the Central Lodge charged me at FULL PRICE of RM 23 . Although I reminded the staff that I booked and made online deposit, he insisted me that he did exclude my deposit from bill. Then when I came home, I checked the booking and realized that Amount Due On Arrival should be RM 19.55 only. I feel like I'm cheated!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Vietnam

Hi. We never mean to cheat u. We don't sell dorm to Asian but you still booked. We still give u a dorm room bcoz u have booked. The rm23 was our mistake. I wrote the amount wrong. Not the staff mi stake. My apology for that. Tq

Unfortunately we didn't have the greatest stay due to feeling a bit unwelcome. Granted we did arrive in the early hours with confusion at the direction to leave KL Sentral (leave the station from the underpass where the KLIA buses leave from). If you want a quiet stay where you are left totally unbothered by staff and fellow guests then this is it. Basic rooms are very basic, don't expect anything more than a bed and ceiling fan. Toast and jam breakfast. Showers are decent. Good location, cheap.

• 27th Apr 2015

The floor is an old carpet and you are told to take shoes off. The bathroom facilities are infested w tiny incects and the staff isn't pleasant at all. Not even worth a night stay. And that's all I was there for. The area is central but it's in little India not a very fun area to be in. Do yourself a favour and get a better place to stay.

We just spent 2 nights in the hostel, the owner was great and all the staff was nice! The rooms are simple, but comfy! Spent a little more for the AC, it's worth it!! The area is perfect, you can take the train from the airport and than walk there!! Monorail station is just around the corner!! A lot of restaurants are all around!! There is free water and coffee and tee in the morning! All around perfect place for a few nights!!!

• 2nd Apr 2015

The location is very good. Very near to KL sentral. I arrived at 02.00am from the airport and the staff still awake. Lots of food around hostel.

A case of getting what we paid for. We had fan only- fans were inadequate and we sweltered. Double room was actually family, so top bunk prevented air flow, bedding not acceptable by western standards. Pleasant staff. Very steep steps to climb with luggage

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

First of all the location cant be better than that... KL sentral is next door and they have metro and buses that goes everywhere in the city included airport! You can walk easily to chinatown and little india lots of restaurants around ans shopping centre! The owner of the place is a really nice guy we had a little bit of time to speak together and samething for the staff... The only small thing i didnt like was that my room was way too hot even with the fan but they gave rooms with AC

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels