Central Melbourne Accommodation

9.3
Superb 110 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
17th Apr 2017

I moved to CMA after previously staying at a hostel in St Kilda and can easily say it was the best decision I made. As previous reviews have mentioned and I'm sure more will in the future, CMA should be treated as a share house rather than a hostel. The vibe is chilled but there are always people keen to go out, with Steve's (the owner) help to suggest places to eat & drink. The only reason I am leaving CMA is to go and do farm work, but when I return to Melbourne I'll be sure to book in again.

13th Apr 2017
8.0

The owner, Stephen, is really great, and he stops by every morning. The rest of the staff are good, and the residents are mostly long-term (multi-month). There is no wifi, which was a bummer for me. The place is pretty run down, as well. The kitchen and bathrooms are moldy, and cleaning is pretty haphazard. Stay here for the people, not the facilities!

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2017

CMA made my experience in Melbourne more than I could have wished for. From the word go, the owner Steve was helpful and compliant to my needs; from assisting myself and others with job hunting to taking room mates to hospital appointments. CMA should be treated as a share house rather than a hostel. Steve makes sure that rooms are never at capacity, so you always have your own space. I consider myself to have life long friends from CMA and will miss them dearly as I move on with my adventures.

×