Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. Co. Reviews

150 East 105th Street, New York, USA

It's a nice place to stay it, near to line 6 where you can go throughout the city. Linda ( Staff ), is a funny person, very helpul and friendly , she told us everything we needed to meet NYC , also gave us some tips to pay less visiting some tourist attractions.. If I came back to New York, I'd stay in this place again :)

The location is very good, near by 103rd and 110th subway station, Central Park is just four blocks away. The private room has too many facilities, including a backyard. Linda was so helpful and so funny. The neighborhood seems to be a little insecure but it's ok. You can't always find the staff in the office so you have to call them if you need something. The experience was very good in general. We will come back.

very good location i don't regret...if you don't have much money to stay in NY...it s the best place..

• 10th Nov 2015

Very run down, and not very clean.. Rusty razors left in the shower.. and the roof falling through. The bed was very uncomfortable with springs sticking me and stains on the sheets. Just not very comforting. A step up from a jail cell. But I guess when you pay $45 a night? I'm not sure what you're supposed to expect?

DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY - Trash on the floor of people before - Kitchen never cleaned - BEATLES EVERYWHERE - Brown and filtro matress - Shared restroom: NEVER CLEANED - To communicate with the "reception" you have to buy a chip for $50 to Call the if you haven't got an american numero because they almost never are in the office - We asked for a chair more 'cause there was just one and a minimal table and they neither answer to our e-mail... we had to eat on the bed...

• 28th Oct 2015

Nice place to stay. What you pay is what you get. Nice people in the studio's and safe place to stay and very near the subway and Central Park

• 23rd Oct 2015

Not a social place to stay but i expected that when i booked so no problem there. Great location for grocery shopping as shops were around the corner. 3 Blocks away from Central which was a massive plus for me as i spent nearly every day there. 1 Block away from a train station which was just what I needed to get around the city. The area was good as well, never seen any trouble there. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

Molto comodo, economico e caratteristico..

• 28th Sep 2015

They did not include the initial booking fee ($195) on the total fee I paid for the whole month. I had a booking print in my hand indicating "AMOUNT DUE ON ARRIVAL AT CENTRAL PARK STUDIOS: USD$1109.25". But the owner asked for $1385.32. I had no other choice than to pay what was requested, because I reached late night and did not know anywhere close to book. Apart from $270 extra charge, he was a nice and helpful guy, but according to his say, hostelworld has nothing to do with his business!!!

• 31st Aug 2015

Helpful, friendly owners, clean rooms

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Hungary

I stayed one night only because i have to stay this night at any place to book another place ..the room omages on site have no relation with the reality.in fact the room too small and no one can stay on it even one person and the shared bathroom soooooooo small and not clean of course..it was the worst night i have ever see in my life and i had to book another place.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Egypt

I really liked this hostel and the person managing it was very caring and a great go to person for advice. Would definitely go back again!

• 31st Jul 2015

What I like about this stay was that for about US$63, you get to have a room with fridge and there is window. But what I didn't like about my stay is that the apartment is way too far to get to the town or any tourist sights especially the subway on 103th street only work if you are coming back from the town. Things to improve - there is only weekly clean, so often I walked into the toilets not a pleasant sign and there is only a share kitchen on the 2nd floor of the 3 floor apartments.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Great short term stay and good value for the money but actually not a hostel, rather a guesthouse. No facilities or amenities for socializing with fellow travelers.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Austria

The worst place ever omg

• 14th Jun 2015

The hostel has a great location in terms of sightseeing and its only minutes away from a subway station, and a cople of blocks away form central park. Althogh the the neiborhood is not very pretty I never felt insecure. The staff is great, very kind people that tryto make your stay as comfortable as posible. The rooms and bathroom are ok, but the "kitchen" area is not as clean as you would expect. Its a great value in terms od money, I would definitely stay at Central Park Studios again.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Linda, santo and Sabrina the best people in NY. Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. If you want to live the real NY and save money, thats the place. See you my dear friends...... Mauricio and catalina

The best place you feel like you are in your own home

• 28th May 2015

We stayed for one week. The hostel it is in a great location, near subway and stop bus. There's plenty of eating places and small markets in the area. Santos the manager is a nice guy. The building is an old building, the mattress uncomfortable. I guess if you are a smoker, is not a big deal the cigarette smell inside the building, specially on evenings.

• 12th May 2015

Cleanliness is okay in the common areas but your room won't be touched unless you ask for it. Not sure it was touched before I arrived. Roach traps are everywhere. Security is an issue, as there is no deadbolt on your door. The lock on the shower door on my floor didn't work. My window on the first floor did not lock. Sound issues: someone walking in their room sounded like they were in my room. Unpleasant experience, but the price seemed right.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7