Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. Co. Reviews

150 East 105th Street, New York, USA

Great short term stay and good value for the money but actually not a hostel, rather a guesthouse. No facilities or amenities for socializing with fellow travelers.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Austria

The worst place ever omg

• 14th Jun 2015

The hostel has a great location in terms of sightseeing and its only minutes away from a subway station, and a cople of blocks away form central park. Althogh the the neiborhood is not very pretty I never felt insecure. The staff is great, very kind people that tryto make your stay as comfortable as posible. The rooms and bathroom are ok, but the "kitchen" area is not as clean as you would expect. Its a great value in terms od money, I would definitely stay at Central Park Studios again.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Linda, santo and Sabrina the best people in NY. Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. If you want to live the real NY and save money, thats the place. See you my dear friends...... Mauricio and catalina

The best place you feel like you are in your own home

• 28th May 2015

We stayed for one week. The hostel it is in a great location, near subway and stop bus. There's plenty of eating places and small markets in the area. Santos the manager is a nice guy. The building is an old building, the mattress uncomfortable. I guess if you are a smoker, is not a big deal the cigarette smell inside the building, specially on evenings.

• 12th May 2015

Cleanliness is okay in the common areas but your room won't be touched unless you ask for it. Not sure it was touched before I arrived. Roach traps are everywhere. Security is an issue, as there is no deadbolt on your door. The lock on the shower door on my floor didn't work. My window on the first floor did not lock. Sound issues: someone walking in their room sounded like they were in my room. Unpleasant experience, but the price seemed right.

Two things good: privacity and localization.

I chose this place just because it was cheap. I've learnt my lesson. the facts: The pillow was hard and plastic, the matress was hard and you can feel the springs pressing against your back and shoulders. I was so sore. you can hear any noise from the neighboring rooms very easily and loudly. I hardly slept. The rooms and building is extremely old and you can tell, I was scared the stairs were going to collapse underneath me. But it's cheap, and if that's what you want the go for it.

• 2nd Apr 2015

This is a very good deal for money, yes It is not the Ritz, but it if you are traveling on a budget and need a decent affordable place to stay in NYC you should give them try. Hostel is in East Harlem It's relatively safe at night and during the day. It is in a diverse neighborhood . I was there for 7 days and crew cleaned the hallways & bathroom regularly. Bed sheet & pillow had some stains on them so I use my own. Few people around the place although they were full. yes, I recommend

• 23rd Mar 2015

Perfect location, near from the subway and the private room is awesome, with tv and a fridge! The owner is a very nice man and very helpful. I wil definitely stay there again the next time I go to NY.

This is in a good location and easy to find. Staff were helpful upon my arrival and gave me extra towels when I requested new ones. The area was safe and lots of places to eat and supermarket nearby. A key was given to lock up the room. The room was a good size and included a fridge and old night stand. The restroom was cleaned daily and the shower a bit small but not bad. On the second floor there was a microwave but no kitchen. This place was the cheapest and best deal near time squar

Easy access to the subway , central park, Grand Central Station ... very good!

• 12th Mar 2015

My stay at Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave Co. was probably one of the best hotel/hostel experiences I've ever had. The room was clean and spacious, management was amazing, there really isn't much to complain about.

• 7th Mar 2015

A simple to the point hostel i will only stay here from now on when in nyc.

• 27th Feb 2015

Linnen and towels are clean. The rest is very dirty. Staff is seldom around. Heater is noisy. Saw only one other guest. And a cockroach. It is like having your own appartment in East Harlem

The only two negative things I would say about the hostel are that the tv in my room didn't have a signal. I tried re-tuning a few times, but no signal was found. Also, my single room needs new window blinds. The apartment from across the street could see into my room.

The room was dirty, the matres were awful, I was not able to sleep because of the bad quality of the bed. The staff was very attentive, they changed my room but the second bed was less uncomfortable than the first, nevertheless I ended sleeping on the floor. Linda was always grate, but she couldn't do anything about the old and squicki bed.

Location near both a supermarked and Subway.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Female Group, 41+

I didn't expect much but a certain cleanliness for sure. The restroom and bathroom were clean but my room was dirty and I had roaches. Even though someone came to spray the room they were still there. It's close to central park and the subway stations. Wouldn't go back though.

• 16th Sep 2014