Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. Co. Reviews

150 East 105th Street, New York, USA

We stayed for one week. The hostel it is in a great location, near subway and stop bus. There's plenty of eating places and small markets in the area. Santos the manager is a nice guy. The building is an old building, the mattress uncomfortable. I guess if you are a smoker, is not a big deal the cigarette smell inside the building, specially on evenings.

• 12th May 2015

Two things good: privacity and localization.

I chose this place just because it was cheap. I've learnt my lesson. the facts: The pillow was hard and plastic, the matress was hard and you can feel the springs pressing against your back and shoulders. I was so sore. you can hear any noise from the neighboring rooms very easily and loudly. I hardly slept. The rooms and building is extremely old and you can tell, I was scared the stairs were going to collapse underneath me. But it's cheap, and if that's what you want the go for it.

• 2nd Apr 2015

This is a very good deal for money, yes It is not the Ritz, but it if you are traveling on a budget and need a decent affordable place to stay in NYC you should give them try. Hostel is in East Harlem It's relatively safe at night and during the day. It is in a diverse neighborhood . I was there for 7 days and crew cleaned the hallways & bathroom regularly. Bed sheet & pillow had some stains on them so I use my own. Few people around the place although they were full. yes, I recommend

• 23rd Mar 2015

Perfect location, near from the subway and the private room is awesome, with tv and a fridge! The owner is a very nice man and very helpful. I wil definitely stay there again the next time I go to NY.

This is in a good location and easy to find. Staff were helpful upon my arrival and gave me extra towels when I requested new ones. The area was safe and lots of places to eat and supermarket nearby. A key was given to lock up the room. The room was a good size and included a fridge and old night stand. The restroom was cleaned daily and the shower a bit small but not bad. On the second floor there was a microwave but no kitchen. This place was the cheapest and best deal near time squar

Easy access to the subway , central park, Grand Central Station ... very good!

• 12th Mar 2015

My stay at Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave Co. was probably one of the best hotel/hostel experiences I've ever had. The room was clean and spacious, management was amazing, there really isn't much to complain about.

• 7th Mar 2015

A simple to the point hostel i will only stay here from now on when in nyc.

• 27th Feb 2015

Linnen and towels are clean. The rest is very dirty. Staff is seldom around. Heater is noisy. Saw only one other guest. And a cockroach. It is like having your own appartment in East Harlem

The only two negative things I would say about the hostel are that the tv in my room didn't have a signal. I tried re-tuning a few times, but no signal was found. Also, my single room needs new window blinds. The apartment from across the street could see into my room.

The room was dirty, the matres were awful, I was not able to sleep because of the bad quality of the bed. The staff was very attentive, they changed my room but the second bed was less uncomfortable than the first, nevertheless I ended sleeping on the floor. Linda was always grate, but she couldn't do anything about the old and squicki bed.

Location near both a supermarked and Subway.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Female Group, 41+

I didn't expect much but a certain cleanliness for sure. The restroom and bathroom were clean but my room was dirty and I had roaches. Even though someone came to spray the room they were still there. It's close to central park and the subway stations. Wouldn't go back though.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

Great staff: Santos, the owner, is a very nice guy and so is Linda, the maid. Sabrina, Santos's daughter, was very helpful when we needed her to get us a shuttle to the airport. The cons: the box curtain in the suite bathroon needs to be changed. It is filthy and full of funghi. We have found some hair on the bed in our first day that was not ours. And we have seen tiny roaches walking around our room too. Good location, only 2 blocks from the subway. Things to eat nearby.

It's a pretty good location, close to the subway and Central Park so it's easy to get around. Very basic value for your money, we didn't ever see the owners so it felt like our own place which was kinda cool. But yeah very basic value for your money.

This is not a hostel but a really poor apartment (no common area, kitchen etc) in what seems an unsafe area of East Harlem. The room, kitchenette area in the room and the bathroom were very very dirty. The bed mattress was terribly old and uncomfortable and the conditioning unit made the room very humid. We spend 7 nights there and were so tired after the stay there. I will never return there. Do not book this place unless you really really have no other choice.

Fantastiskt bra läge nära Central Park och Museum Mile och ett otroligt pris för singelrum i New York. Spartanskt förstås. Bättre kommunikationer än vad som anges. Absolut inget ställe om man har svårt för höga trappsteg. Kylskåp på rummet, mikro i pentryt gjorde även mathållningen billig. Bra matbutik nära: Emporium med allt.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Cheapest hostel I could find on Manhattan which had good availability. The owners are a bit mad and disorganized, but they're also very nice and get around to everything eventually. The location is fine and has a very handy subway on 103rd street which is 2 blocks away. The room was clean and had A/C. Small kitchen with cooker and sink. Shared bathroom which was always spotless. We were also allowed to check out late which was no hassle. I'd happily stay again.

• 16th Aug 2014

The owner was vey kind and too a very good care of all my requests. I definitely recommend the Hostel for anyone who wants to pay a fair price for a hotel in NYC. Thank you, Sabrina and to all the Staff.

• 1st Jul 2014