Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. Co. Reviews

150 East 105th Street, New York, New York, USA

place was okay , meet my expectations

everything ok.see you.ciao

• 27th Oct 2013

The term "bang for your buck" takes on a whole new meaning here. they're re located right next to the 6 Subway system, there are security cameras covering every door, and there are two keys that you are given: one for the front door, and one for your room. The staff is incredibly helpful, and the rooms are comfortable. There are mini fridges in the rooms, and a discount market a short walk away. My stay with them was a memorable one, and for those who wish to explore new York, it's perfect.

• 23rd Oct 2013

I stayed for one week and the cleanliness was defintely very poor, the blankets are very dirty, the common area doesnt have water to wash your dishes the shower takes a while to get hot the staff only received you one day, after that you need to call the person in charge if you need something, they are not there permanently.

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Bolivia

i was in a last room in upstair , problems no Hot water sometimes, floor not clean, bed bad cause spring of bed is bad and noisy were you sit or sleep , and heating very noisy like a steamer valve very very noisy you cannot sleep !! there no dustbin in some rooms TV few spanish and u.s channels Fridge or freezer smell bad!! kitchen some tools missing like knife,big pan, strainer

• 19th Oct 2013

The wifi wasn't working at all from the room. Really hard to talk to some of the staff members.

It's a good deal for this kind of money in New York. The hostel was very close to Central Park and 15 minutes by metro to the city centre. It's not anything special but enough to sleep for a couple of nights. There was a fridge in my room but it didn't work and the owner didn't fix it although I told him about it. The windows didn't lock which bothered me a bit. But the staff was very nice and helpful with arranging my transport to the airport. Generally this hostel was ok.

This Hostel was wonderful in every sense. Private rooms, clean bathrooms, very very friendly staff and awesome location. Linda Sullivan was very helpful and offered much wonderful advice. She is a wonderful person and is always around to help out. The other hostelers were very friendly and educated people. I will definitely go to Lexington next time I'm in town. Thanks for the friendliness and for taking your time to help me out and for genuinely caring. Special thanks to Linda and fam.

• 5th Oct 2013

VERY VERY DIRTY, Horrible mattress, shower ridiculously small, very dirty, rust, water which flows everywhere into the corridor, no nail to hang on its clothes, the promised TV doesn't work

• 26th Sep 2013

We found the first room with cockroaches, food from the previous tenants.... The second room with a dead mouse, and more cockroaches around him to go to his buried. Oil in the walls... We had this issue at arrive and they solved it partially. Our upstairs neighbor didn't let us sleep the 6 nights, hitting the floor with some machine while she was out the whole night. The shared toilet was clean. The owner is nice guy. helpful, but hard to find him there. Nice location really close to subway st,

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Spain

I really enjoyed my stay here. I come to NY on a regular basis but also on a budget and these guys offer great rates and a fantastic location The 6 Subway is just two shorts blocks away and there are some great little cafes and restaurants in the area offering a variety of dining/take out options. Also there are many discount stores and pharmacies nearby. I also enjoyed talking to Santos the owner and his family. He is an outstanding member of the local business community.

We received a very wam welcome and excellent service from this facility. It would have been good to know beforehand that our movements would be limited after dark, what kinds of things we should have bought along in tems of soaps, dish & body and what cleaning supplies are needed for the week :D it would also be good to know that there are no lauundry facilities onsite, but the laundromat recommended one up the road did an excellent job. Overall, 7/10...the staff were amazing!

THANK YOU SO MUCH ! .. it was an amazing stay. Wish you nothing but the best :)

• 25th Aug 2013
  • Lebanon

We should get told how much money we will spend for real. They ask us for way more money as we arrive and say that is taxes. We should get told about the stairs. I got the lady, apparently named Sabrina, to carry my bags upon arrival, but I had to carry myself when I left and the stairs are disgraceful. There are no lifts. The door was not locking in the shower room and nobody bothered fixing it when I was there. There are no trash bins around. There should be a tap in the kitchen. Others.

• 17th Aug 2013

The place has excelent location, and staff was extremely nice and welcoming. they were helpful at times of need. Premises need to be better taken care of. Some locks didn't work (got locked in & out twice), blinds torn, Tv didn't work, etc. During a whole week, the shared bathrooms were cleaned just once, and trash just piled up and out of the bins. Price and location compensate if you are not going to be spending the day inside your room. If place were better kept, it would be awesome.

• 9th Aug 2013
  • Colombia

A great price for a great location in NY. Very close to public transport, a quick, easy train ride downtown into the heart of Manhattan. Room was very basic and not the cleanest, do not stay here if you want comfort and not to have mice in your room at night. If you're not spending much time at the hostel and just need something affordable and accessible, would recommend!

• 9th Aug 2013

Still a little bit expensive for a very small room and the bathroom that lacks cleanliness and the bed could have been more comfortable! I'm sure that a prison cell wouldn't be worse! But may do if staying only 1 night if a person has no other choise. Not far from city bus stop, Subway station and a few stores.

• 6th Aug 2013

It was a great *value* for what I paid. $50 for a single room is an incredible deal for the borough of Manhattan. It's not a traditional backpackers' hostel - there's not really a common area and the only place where I saw other guests was on the front steps - so it might be better for Americans traveling on business. I can see how white people without much NYC experience might see the neighborhood as sketchy, but trust me, it gets a lot worse... Building is very secure. And Linda is great!

This isn't a hostel for socializing and making friends, it's a couple of small rooms, no curfew. It was clean enough for NYC, I saw a mouse once, the bathroom was ok, the shower curtain was mildewed. The subway with the local 6 is two streets away, central park is around the corner. I had a minifridge, and there's a new grocer, and pharmacy a block away. It's in East Harlem, but as a single, female non-local traveler, I never felt unsafe. I'd recommend BYO towel and flipflops for the shower.

Reception; Friendly & helpfull! Room a little small no desk or kettel which I would have liked!

• 20th Jul 2013