Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. Co. Reviews

150 East 105th Street, New York, USA

The owner was vey kind and too a very good care of all my requests. I definitely recommend the Hostel for anyone who wants to pay a fair price for a hotel in NYC. Thank you, Sabrina and to all the Staff.

• 1st Jul 2014

I liked the location- close to station. The private room was very basic, it was OK- not super clean, but acceptable. The shower area, toilet and "kitchen" have no ventilation or windows, so it was extremely hot there. I would have liked if there was a kettle anywhere in the hotel, so I could make my own coffee instead of going to buy it every morning. The only thing they had was a microwave, which I couldn't use as there were no plates, cutlery. Staff was not friendly, not welcoming either

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Latvia

Room, common areas and shower were perpetually dirty.

• 8th Jun 2014

Good place to stay if you are going to New York to enjoy the city and spend little time there. The location is perfect! Near the subway (green line) on 103rd street. The fridge in the bedroom is a great idea! The owner was waiting for me and gave tips as soon as I arrived there. Besides that, the price was really good.

• 4th Jun 2014

Great location - away from the hustle and bustle of central New York, but just three blocks from Central Park. Some great cafes and restaurants in the neighbourhood. The room wasn't very clean, but had a good range of facilities (microwave, fridge, cutlery etc). You get what you pay for, basically, great for doing New York 'on the cheap'.

I thought the photo that was shown on the website would be the type of fitted bedroom would have. But ok no problem.

• 9th May 2014
  • Portugal

The lock on my door wasn't very good. The water in the shower wasn't very warm but you can't expect too much for the price.

Please avoid the suite. Is in a basement. Really not good. The location is descent, 2 block from the subway. Not very safe at night. There's no way I'll stay there again.

The area is ugly, we passed many rats, appears to be dangerous, and is far away, the night costs a lot to get to the subway. (look google maps street view). The staff opened the room door twice without even knocking. Hostelworld was saying that we had to pay to get 693, but we paid 850 a very high% of tax. We asked the staff if we could pay half to check the difference, but the 2nd day (Sunday 12am) came to yelling and hitting the windows nonstop. We scared a lot until we understood the claim

Very basic, rooms not cleaned and ants were present on the third floor bathroom, show worked sometimes, only saw staff twice and had to call and wait for arrival even though I had booked arrival time, no staff about when leaving. Parts of the building were falling apart, could not open a window.

• 14th Apr 2014

I felt very welcome at the place and they were always very helpful with me

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Argentina

place was okay , meet my expectations

everything ok.see you.ciao

• 27th Oct 2013

The term "bang for your buck" takes on a whole new meaning here. they're re located right next to the 6 Subway system, there are security cameras covering every door, and there are two keys that you are given: one for the front door, and one for your room. The staff is incredibly helpful, and the rooms are comfortable. There are mini fridges in the rooms, and a discount market a short walk away. My stay with them was a memorable one, and for those who wish to explore new York, it's perfect.

• 23rd Oct 2013

I stayed for one week and the cleanliness was defintely very poor, the blankets are very dirty, the common area doesnt have water to wash your dishes the shower takes a while to get hot the staff only received you one day, after that you need to call the person in charge if you need something, they are not there permanently.

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Bolivia

i was in a last room in upstair , problems no Hot water sometimes, floor not clean, bed bad cause spring of bed is bad and noisy were you sit or sleep , and heating very noisy like a steamer valve very very noisy you cannot sleep !! there no dustbin in some rooms TV few spanish and u.s channels Fridge or freezer smell bad!! kitchen some tools missing like knife,big pan, strainer

• 19th Oct 2013

The wifi wasn't working at all from the room. Really hard to talk to some of the staff members.

It's a good deal for this kind of money in New York. The hostel was very close to Central Park and 15 minutes by metro to the city centre. It's not anything special but enough to sleep for a couple of nights. There was a fridge in my room but it didn't work and the owner didn't fix it although I told him about it. The windows didn't lock which bothered me a bit. But the staff was very nice and helpful with arranging my transport to the airport. Generally this hostel was ok.

This Hostel was wonderful in every sense. Private rooms, clean bathrooms, very very friendly staff and awesome location. Linda Sullivan was very helpful and offered much wonderful advice. She is a wonderful person and is always around to help out. The other hostelers were very friendly and educated people. I will definitely go to Lexington next time I'm in town. Thanks for the friendliness and for taking your time to help me out and for genuinely caring. Special thanks to Linda and fam.

• 5th Oct 2013

VERY VERY DIRTY, Horrible mattress, shower ridiculously small, very dirty, rust, water which flows everywhere into the corridor, no nail to hang on its clothes, the promised TV doesn't work

• 26th Sep 2013