Central Park West Hostel

Good 49 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
6th Jun 2017
6.0

When I arrived the hostel had no knowledge of my booking. Thankfully I had my details printed so that I could tell them otherwise. The staff are helpful generally. The facilities aren't the best. There is no luggage lockers in your rooms. Furthermore I saw a couple of cockroaches in my room and the bathrooms. It's okay if the basic needs are all your looking for and it is in a good location to get the 1 subway into Lower Manhatten. However i'm sure there are better hostels in NYC.

• France, Female, 18-24
21st Jan 2017

Very nice place

Hello, Thank you for choosing our hostel, we are please to know that you enjoyed your stay. Merci, Souley S. General Manager

• charlieblnt2373
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
1st Jan 2017
2.0

Avoid this place! The staff were very unhelful. There was no key card avaialable for the room so I had to get the staff to give me access to the room There was a man staying in the room And it appeared he was homeless so I was concerned leaving my things unattended. The toilets on my floor were out of order or else the door didn't lock properly. I was on edge the entire stay due to the above reasons. It really put a bad end to my stay in New York.

Hello, Thank you for your review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. Unfortunately we had an ongoing renovation which cause us to put some of the bathrooms for repair. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience. Sincerely, Souley S. General Manager

• Australia, Female, 18-24
28th Dec 2016
2.6

Overall a pretty horrific experience. My friend and i were on the 4th floor and listened to a woman screaming every night in one of the neighbouring rooms. This is hardly a hostel. It is filled with residents and not an atmosphere where one can readily meet people. The bathrooms were filthy and our whole floor smelled like urine. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else!