Central Park West Hostel

5.9
Rating 43 Total Reviews

3rd Feb 2017
8.0

Very nice location. hot shower, room is warm for cold winter, coffee in the morning. Free map is very helpful Wifi available only in the lobby. Staff are nice, they put me in a 2-bed room, even when I paid for a 4-bed room. My room and sheets is fairly clean. But I do have to chase and kill a roach in the shower room cause it gross me out.

• France, Female, 18-24
21st Jan 2017

Very nice place

• charlieblnt2373
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
1st Jan 2017
2.0

Avoid this place! The staff were very unhelful. There was no key card avaialable for the room so I had to get the staff to give me access to the room There was a man staying in the room And it appeared he was homeless so I was concerned leaving my things unattended. The toilets on my floor were out of order or else the door didn't lock properly. I was on edge the entire stay due to the above reasons. It really put a bad end to my stay in New York.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
28th Dec 2016
2.6

Overall a pretty horrific experience. My friend and i were on the 4th floor and listened to a woman screaming every night in one of the neighbouring rooms. This is hardly a hostel. It is filled with residents and not an atmosphere where one can readily meet people. The bathrooms were filthy and our whole floor smelled like urine. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else!

• France, Female, 25-30
5th Nov 2016
3.7

The only good point about this hostel was the location. The place was dirty, especially the bathroom and the staff not very helpful. .

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
27th Oct 2016
6.3

There were bugs all over. We honestly killed 3 or 4 bugs every night before we went to sleep, even though we hardly spent any time in the room. The kitchen/common space was small and typically full of less than welcoming people. They also played Fox News all day in that room, so it was really hard to sit in there if that's not your thing. Bathrooms were cleaned occasionally but toilets overflowed more than once. It's hard to find a reasonable hostel in New York but this one's somewhat bearable.

14th Oct 2016
6.0

Not clean. Brace yourself!

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
28th Sep 2016
2.0

This place was disgusting I had to leave, the toilets overflowed twice. My room smelt terrible. It was a really bad experience

• Germany, Male, 25-30
19th Sep 2016
7.1

Our stay in the Central West Park Hostel was ok. The room was big enough for four persons and had a few chairs and tables, small lockers and an air condition, but the ground was very dirty. Every floor had three restrooms with a toilet and a shower, but there were also very dirty. The kitchen was very small and had not so good equipment.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
16th Sep 2016
8.0

We only stayed for the one night so was perfect for what we needed, room was spacious and nice and cool with ac, located close to the subway. Bathrooms were left a bit of a mess by other guests but overall it was fine for what we needed, I'd stay there again for a New York visit