Central Perk Backpackers Reviews

611 George Street, Sydney, Australia

The staffs wasn't that easy going, actually they were a bit bad humor.

In the bathrooms the flush buttons on the toilets were missing as were tiles, mould growing and broken mirrors. The dorm was average overall, my bed in particular had used tissues underneath the pillow as well as food smudged into my sheet which I was supposed to sleep on. Staff were unhelpful when I asked for a new one (which I didn't get!) Free breakfast was toast with no spread and the wifi didn't work. Overpriced for what is is, the only good thing was the location which was fantastic.

The location was great and the Free WiFi was helpful! The beds were not the most comfortable and was pretty cold at night.

Booked the hostel for the location in the city and it served it's purpose. The staff, although nice, weren't engaging, and the entire hostel seemed run down and perpetually dirty. I would still stay here again for the value though, the beds were clean and comfortable and it wasn't too noisy.

• 18th Jul 2015

Perfect location, right in middle of Sydney City. Close to almost everywhere. Helpful and friendly staff.

• 31st May 2015
  • plm426426
  • Taiwan

it was a worthwhile stay in Sydney ^_^. Very convenient location and close to main street and darling habour. i asked directions to the places and the staff are very willing to help. breakfast was provided and saved me some money to travel.

• 27th May 2015

It is a great place for backpackers. Good location between town hall and central, nice and handsome receptionists and quiet indoor environment make me satisfied :).

• 17th May 2015
  • China

I stayed there one night. Best location, absolutely in the central of city, close to everywhere. Free WIFI, Free breakfast. Free buses which just stop just downstairs at George St. I arrived at 11 Am, didn't expect that I was able to check in but the cool guy named Jay at the reception offered me a free upgrade. He’s quite friendly and helpful, gave me a free city map and also lots of useful tips. My room is clean, and so as the toilets, I heard the cleaner started to work at 6am every morning

• 16th May 2015
  • China

Very seedy place and if I hadn't been with my male friend I would've felt very unsafe. Organisation was also very poor as we ended up having to share the same bed as they were overbooked.

DO NOT STAY HERE. CLICK OFF NOW WHILE YOU CAN. Where to start. Homeless people sleeping in the porch. The super secure luggage storage just on the floor in front of reception. Or the vile kitchen that when I grabbed an oven MIT dozens of fly's which had made a nest in it flew out. The common area has about 4 seats which are all broken and worn down. Its ran by an Asian family that speak poor English. The long term stayers are all really rude and treat short term stayers awfully just smoke weed.

good location, clean hostel, good facilities but pretty noisy...