Central Perk Backpackers Reviews

611 George Street, Sydney, Australia

Das Hostel ist zwar relativ zentral gelegen, aber das ist auch das einzig positive. Die Betten sind so durchgelegen, dass man auf einem Lattenrost besser schlafen kann und die Küche ist alles andere als sauber. Man muss sich alles im Tausch gegen den Schlüssel ausleihen, was sehr nervig ist. Im gemeinschaftsraum steht ein Fernsehtisch, der komplett dreckig, unordentlich und schmuddelig aussieht.. Ich würde hier definitiv nicht mehr buchen.

Security at this hostel was nonexistent. I stayed in a large mixed dorm room, so I expected it to be a bit of a mess, but the door was left propped open all night and when I woke up in the morning there were at least three extra people in the room, including a boy sleeping on the floor next to my bunk and a mostly naked couple in the next bunk over. I can understand the facilities being less than ideal, but there were not enough bathrooms for the number of guests and they were all filthy.

The hostel was quite dirty and other residents left their belongings in the hallway and on the stairs. The location was really good though!

Bathroom was not always clean and sometimes you had the smell of cigarettes.

Absolutely disgusting. So dirty it is hard to imagine. "hospital grade cleanliness", well it must be a post zombie apocalypse hospital that they are comparing it to. The rooms have mountains of clothes/ junk from long termers who have been there 9+ months (they are all very rude to real travelers). There is staff living in the dorms who get drunk and threaten you if you want to shut a window due to the street noise. Oh yeah, it is so loud, like sleeping next to a freeway. Rude staff. AVOID!!

Toilets need to be cleaned daily and the stairways as cigarette buts everywhere.

• 28th Sep 2015

Finally a hostel with free wifi in every room! Not enough showers/toilets though...

Staff wasn't very helpful, advising they have no taxi numbers, and nobody to refund our key deposit as we were leaving early in the morning. They finally said we should leave our key in the post box and they will refund when the reception opens. I'm pleased to say that they did. Rooms were not very clean. We were in a four bed dorm and when entering the other person in the room had clearly been smoking, using his plate as an ashtray. There are better hostels for just a few dollars more.

The staffs wasn't that easy going, actually they were a bit bad humor.

In the bathrooms the flush buttons on the toilets were missing as were tiles, mould growing and broken mirrors. The dorm was average overall, my bed in particular had used tissues underneath the pillow as well as food smudged into my sheet which I was supposed to sleep on. Staff were unhelpful when I asked for a new one (which I didn't get!) Free breakfast was toast with no spread and the wifi didn't work. Overpriced for what is is, the only good thing was the location which was fantastic.

The location was great and the Free WiFi was helpful! The beds were not the most comfortable and was pretty cold at night.

Booked the hostel for the location in the city and it served it's purpose. The staff, although nice, weren't engaging, and the entire hostel seemed run down and perpetually dirty. I would still stay here again for the value though, the beds were clean and comfortable and it wasn't too noisy.

• 18th Jul 2015

Perfect location, right in middle of Sydney City. Close to almost everywhere. Helpful and friendly staff.

• 31st May 2015