Central Square Hostel Reviews

5 Rynok Square, Lviv, Ukraine

You have to say that this hostel is just awesome for numerous reasons Location: Situated in the market square Staff: Very friendly and helpful. One of the staff members graciously helped me arrange a blablacar ride even after interrupting her skype call Atmosphere: Very cozy. You feel as if you're more at someone's home than at a hostel. Value for Money: Only 5$ per night?? You can't find a lower price for such conditions. I actually felt bad having to pay so little.

• 3rd Jan 2016

The lady from the staff that took care of us was very kind and helpfull.

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Poland

I liked my stay at the Central Square Hostel. It's nice hostel located in the very central square of Lviv, but it's surprisingly quiet despite this. Maybe as far as the structure itself is concerned, it's not one of those extra-fashionable hostels you may find elsewhere in town, but it makes up with the great staff and the funny atmosphere. My thanks go especially to Alla and Alice, who literally saved my life. Considering the prices, it's fantastic value for money.

Good Hostel, nice staff especially Rostik and the lady on reception

• 24th Nov 2015

Great location,very practical for visiting centre.Nice as always.Thank you.

Pros: +Location +Really great to be on a balcony over the central square at the morning +Half of the stuff are kind and helpful Cons: -Half of the stuff are not treat their job correctly : One of them hung laundry at 3AM, while I trying to sleep, other start cleaning room after that night at 10AM, while I still trying to sleep! -No sound insulation at all, you approximately hear all that happens in hostel -Very sensitive and squeaky floor, squeaky doors, door bell is heard loudly -Bad matress

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Ukraine

A much improved hostel. Good location. Good wi-fi. Lviv is a friendly town.

The hotel was very nice, especially because of the location. Service very friendly and helpful. In addition, low price and good facilities. I would recommend!

The hostel is located on Rynok Square and by this reason there is so much noise from the street. And there is no sockets for each bed that makes no convenient to charge and use your device simultaneously.

SECURITY??!! As there were not enough lockers for everyone, I was sharing a locker with my travel mate. Last day we found stuff of two other people in the SAME locker! That had been the staff solution as "there was only little things in that locker". WTF??!! We had our passports, credit cards etc there, of course! And THE STAFF gives it for two other unknown people to use with an extra key. UNBELIEVABLE. Still don't know who was staff who not, but they were rude + loud having their own club.

Location is excellent, but that's all. No common area, staff is not exactly what you'd call friendly. Lock from the bathroom was broken, nobody fixed it. Bathroom is close to the kitchen. So in the morning you can have your breakfast in an awful smell. If you know what I mean. All hostels I stayed at in Ukraine were a bit weird. Staff doesn't understand backpacking culture and you don't feel like a traveler, but more like a paying customer. Would not recommend.

Great location, good value and better the 8 dorm rather than the 6. Staff can be more friendly, if you don't ask, no help.