Central Square Hostel Reviews

5 Rynok Square, Lviv, Ukraine

Great location,very practical for visiting centre.Nice as always.Thank you.

Pros: +Location +Really great to be on a balcony over the central square at the morning +Half of the stuff are kind and helpful Cons: -Half of the stuff are not treat their job correctly : One of them hung laundry at 3AM, while I trying to sleep, other start cleaning room after that night at 10AM, while I still trying to sleep! -No sound insulation at all, you approximately hear all that happens in hostel -Very sensitive and squeaky floor, squeaky doors, door bell is heard loudly -Bad matress

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Ukraine

A much improved hostel. Good location. Good wi-fi. Lviv is a friendly town.

The hotel was very nice, especially because of the location. Service very friendly and helpful. In addition, low price and good facilities. I would recommend!

The hostel is located on Rynok Square and by this reason there is so much noise from the street. And there is no sockets for each bed that makes no convenient to charge and use your device simultaneously.

SECURITY??!! As there were not enough lockers for everyone, I was sharing a locker with my travel mate. Last day we found stuff of two other people in the SAME locker! That had been the staff solution as "there was only little things in that locker". WTF??!! We had our passports, credit cards etc there, of course! And THE STAFF gives it for two other unknown people to use with an extra key. UNBELIEVABLE. Still don't know who was staff who not, but they were rude + loud having their own club.

Location is excellent, but that's all. No common area, staff is not exactly what you'd call friendly. Lock from the bathroom was broken, nobody fixed it. Bathroom is close to the kitchen. So in the morning you can have your breakfast in an awful smell. If you know what I mean. All hostels I stayed at in Ukraine were a bit weird. Staff doesn't understand backpacking culture and you don't feel like a traveler, but more like a paying customer. Would not recommend.

Great location, good value and better the 8 dorm rather than the 6. Staff can be more friendly, if you don't ask, no help.

Great location and the beds are comfortable, but that's about all the positives. The setup is not welcoming at all; there's no common area, the staff is not very cheery and facilities are sparesome. The 6 bed dorm is in a different apartment in the same building, and there's only one key. There are no lockers and the windows of 6 bed dorm are wide open 24/7 with locals smoking right outside looking in. Wifi speed is 3 in reception and 1 in 6 bed dorm. I would not recommend this hostel.

A fair value for money dealm but not exactly the type of palces I am going to stay one more time..

I just stayed overnight, so I couldnt experience much, but very good impression. Location couldnt be better, it is just in the very center. There was kettle and coffee in the room, what was the best thing you can find in the morning. Seems like good hostel to stay in and explore Lviv.

Lovely and helpful staff, amazing location and spacious room!

The hostel is in an amazing location, at the central square (the 8 bed dorm's balcony is literally overlooking the square), and if you have earplugs it's really nice sleeps. The atmosphere and staff could improve - staff members do not really go out of their way to help, answer questions, it's more like you ask - they answer, that's all. I'm satisfied with my stay though, but if I go next time, I'll be with friends, for better atmosphere.

Good bathroom ensuite, but no working wi-fi. Facilities are OK, but there is no special atmosphere. Only good because of the location.

I could not have asked for better people, a better location, or a better atmosphere. This hostel was run by the highest caliber of people, and the overall atmosphere they created with so little effort, made social experience positive. They were also admirably clean, and this along with the secure nature of the building made me feel very comfortable stepping out into the city with no anxiety over my belonging. My only wish is that they had an oven, but this is trivial given the overall experience

friendly staff, great location steps to everything in rynok square. could use additional shower and toilet.

I was in Central Square Hostel for three nights. All the staff was very helpfuf and nice (in particular one girl at the reception :) ). The location of the hostel is in the main square of the city, so you can reach all the main attractions of the city by walking.

Our experience while living in this hostel was definitely a positive one.The staffs are very helpful and moreover very nondescript :) You will find your needs and necessities taken care of without seeing them being done :) You will find things when and where you might need them.Also, given the amazing location, going around the city and dropping of stuffs when you are a bit overloaded made it so much more convenient.There was no shortage of the basic utilities with very accommodating neighbours.

When I first arrived without a reservation, they said the hostel was full. Then I made a reservation via this website and *suddenly* there was a free bed for me (in reality they had no guests at all at that time). Furthermore was the staff shouting to each other, the bathroom had a horrible smell, the shower is horrible and the building is quite noisy. I am very, very disappointed in this hostel since it seemed to be so nice according to the reviews. I'd advise people to choose other hostels.

Small hostel, but the staff was really pleasant. It felt that I was at home, highly recommend it! And the location is perfect, right in the city centre, close to every major attraction in Lviv

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5