Central Station Hostel Reviews

Steenhouwerssteeg 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

There are too many steep stairs which is kind of hard to climb, there is no breakfast or place to seat or gather out of room. I just spent one night there and for 50 euro I think it should have been much better than that. But I have to say staff are nice and they even helped me with cariying luggage!

Good but a little bit expensive

The staff was so nice in every moment; The room was completely clean and the furniture was new; The hostel is really near from the center However, the environment is totally quiet inside, it's quite good isolated. I would suggest this hostel to everyone.

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Very nice people, very nice place!

• 8th Mar 2015

I liked the hostel location, the staff was great very helpful. The dislikes of the place is there is no common room and no kitchen or laundry room. Likely the people in my room were great to hang out. Bottom line its a great location reasonable price except weekends but everything is expensive on weekends in amstersam, lack of facilitates, excellent staff. Overall its a good stay.

I liked the st. christophers it was good walking day tours there they were close to the metro which was easy getting around , people at reception were very helpful, no kitchen but nice bar but open to the public as well. It was good for partying vibe but everything closes early in Paris but amazing scenery. Showers are limited but apparently someone ruined the bathrooms on 1,2,3 floor in the same area, but other than that, I would stay here met awesome group of people during the day tour.

I went to Amsterdam with a friend. Arrived early to hostel and were given a room and went out to get to know the city. The day receptionist was really nice and helpful. We arrived back at 3 a.m. to find someone sleeping in our bed. We had to wake up the person in charge and they told us 'just take another bed' who found us a bed in different rooms. When we told the day receptionist he was really sorry. It's really nice located and it's worth every penny.

a very narrow hallway and steep dutch stairs leads from the entrance, otherwise a clean place with great location walking distance from nearly everything

First it was very difficult to find the hostel. We asked a bartender and he unlocked a gate for us into an alley. When we opened the door the stairs were completely vertical, difficult when you have luggage with you. Luckily the reception helped. The room was cramped and sharing 1 bathroom with 7 people wasn't fun. There's no lobby, just stairs and rooms. The guy at the desk asked personal questions and told me "good luck finding another hostel" in a rude way upon checkout. Wouldn't recommend.

It worths the money, the only problem was this bunch of junkies, sharing' the rooms wirh us. They were simply disrespectful!! The staff was pleasant and the location perfect for sightseeing.

• 21st Feb 2015

Pretty nice stay. A random drunk girl stumbled into our room one night at around 7 am, and was meant to be staying in another room. Also, the clerk charged me an extra 15% because I was paying with a credit card, which I felt was a little absurd. Great location, between the park and Red Light District.

• 13th Feb 2015

Very much enjoyed this hostel. A great place just to sleep in a very good location, close to centraal station. No problems with security or cleanliness, and helpful staff as well.

The stairs is very high , generally everything is good you can stay there

We had a great stay there! Lots of space in the room, a nice bathroom and great room mates. What we loved most was the location, it's located perfectly in the centre.

This hostel has got a very very good location. Only 1 minte from the Dam. Staff were polite and gave us good the information we needed. There was no common room in this hostel, so the atmosphere wasn't that good. The room was clean and the shower was very good! The only negative thing was that the topbeds of the bunkbeds had no rail. I felt lucky that i didn't fell out of my bed :)

Very basic, just rooms with shower rooms attaattached.No common area or kitchen or TV room.But good for what it is, clean and secure.REALLY steep stairs in.nice staff.

The hostel is very small and there are not basic facilities such as a kitchen, a laundry room and a common room. The stairs - oh the stairs - I'd read comments on them and assumed I could go around that. But they are really inconvenient in many aspects. I would not recommend this hostel.

Staff is really helpful.They can give you spots of the city according to your interest if you ask them.Rooms are good.Hostel is very close to red light district and dam square.There are lots of restaurants next to hostel.If you follow instructions you can easly find the hostel.I recommend this hostel for your experience in Amsterdam

lovely room but unfortunately no communal areas to meet other travellers or hang out so you only had your room to chill out in. staff were lovely.

Very good directions to find the hostel and great location. There is no common room or kitchen so it makes it hard to meet people, other than those in your dorm. Ensuite and linen was clean. If you need to check out before 10am I would recommend you check out the night before - staff were still sleeping under the reception counter when I wanted to check out.

« first « Prev 1 2 3