Central Station Hostel Reviews

Steenhouwerssteeg 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Amazing hostel for a group/not solo traveller. I expected this after reading reviews. Otherwise awesome location and super nice and clean. Rooms had mirrors and plenty of outlets and space. Would stay here again if I wasn't traveling alone! (No common area). Could use a communal Shower because there's only one bathroom in the room but it's a good deal.

Really helpful in letting us check in early and the rooms were cleaned everyday

• 14th Jun 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

It's hard to find which makes its security superior. Staff is somewhat rude. Rooms are hot and ours had a strange noise in the morning. Lockers don't work.

The hostel is very average and i didnvt feel welcomed. Thr night shift staff was very rude (i dont consume alcohol). The shower didny work properly, either you get scaling hot eater ot cold water. The stairs are so steep and if you get a room/bed in the top floor its like going on a trek. I wouldn't stay again.

• 11th Jun 2015

Wifi didn't work until the end of our stay but otherwise everything was perfect! Loved the condition of the toilet and the room seemed very clean! Location was great as well. Taking suitcases up and down those very steep stairs was difficult and a bit dangerous though!

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Sri Lanka

Very cozy not too open

Amazing location right in the centre of things however no common room so hard to meet other travellers. Wouldn't really recommend for single travellers but awesome for groups

• 4th Jun 2015

Staff was not the friendliest I've encountered. The receptionist tried overcharging me by about 15 euro but I caught it. Not sure if it was on purpose or not. The same staff member would barge into our room (room 1) to use the restroom whenever he pleased. I wouldn't have minded this if I was at least given a heads up that this would happen. No common room either. Besides that, the beds, the room, the bathroom were all VERY clean and good. Great place to sleep, but that's about it.

Felt like a money laundering business other than a hostel.

Very hard to find. The bed is not comfortable at all

I had a late arrival booked. I emailed them in advance to inform i would be late and they confirmed it was ok. When I showed up, they said they were overbooked, leaving me stranded in Amsterdam in the middle of the night. I will never give them my business again.

• 24th May 2015

Staff are very friendly, value for money, nearby central station

• 22nd May 2015
  • Malaysia

I just stayed for the night and it was quite fair. The room is big and the bathroom was clean. Bed is very comfortable but it's not made for a tall person. The cons are: scary stairs!!! A 20€ for a key deposit...I don't think this is wrong but it should be written in their description somewhere. I arrived just for the night and didn't have money enough, and they don't accept credit card as well. Last thing, don't stay there if you have an early flight. You just can check out from 07:30...

It was unprofessional by not having open beds as promised. This happened twice, first time was only 3 bed when 5 were reserved and then in the middle of the second night, one bed was taken so we only had 4.

• 20th May 2015

Extremely rude staff, claustrophobic facilities, ridiculous policies about keys, lockers etc.

• 19th May 2015
  • Finland

For the price you pay this hostel is great, the location is great, you walk out and you are 20 seconds away from dam square. However the hostel itself is different to most; it is very difficult to find (down an alley that isn't sign posted) and there is no lounge area, just some very steep stairs to get to the reception. Rooms were very clean and showers were hot. Worth it for the price

Good location. Close to Dam Sq/Red Light. Room was clean but the floor was dirty. Our group consisted of 3 girls aged 30 and we paid extra to secure the whole 4 bed dorm so that the room was private and just ours. However a receptionist/member of staff would frequently let himself into our room without knocking and with a key whilst we were sleeping and use the toilet in our bathroom without our permission. He would leave the bathroom door open and didn't understand the problem when challenged.

• 18th May 2015

Not bad for what i paid. I wish there would have been more option than just cereal for breakfast. But all in all not too shabby

Very clean, very much in the centre but no common area.

ok hostel not the best but worth your money

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4