Central Station Hostel Reviews

Steenhouwerssteeg 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It's a good hostel.

• 15th Apr 2015

Hostel has great staff to make traveller's excited about the city. Room is relatively clean with reasonable facilities. Housekeeping team should encourage guests to air the room, especially those staying in the dorm rooms. Otherwise, all is well.

Had a very nice stay at Central Station Hostel in Amsterdam. The staff was friendly and the room was great. Very nice bathroom. Our stay was worth the money. Will stay there again next time I visit Amsterdam!!

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Good, functional stay. Great location but slight lack of atmosphere. Small hitch but the receptionist wasn't available at 7.30am for me to check out- had to wake them up- maybe put a sign up saying this has to be done.

• 11th Apr 2015

Super unfriendly staff. I had to chance the bed, because they made a mistake with the booking. Super expensive for what you get. Super narrow....and way to short beds....

• 5th Apr 2015

Great location and the rooms are very clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. There's no common area in the hostel, but we only wanted it as a place to store the bags and sleep anyway! Big lockers and a nice clean modern bathroom. Would definitely stay again.

when I got to hostel they had no bed for me hahaha took 90mins to sort out at 1st they said I had no booking hahah 90 mins later they find it never again thank you

• 3rd Apr 2015

dear guest, thank you for staying with us. you made a booking with us while being above the age of 40. Normaly we cancelled your booking as wrtitten in the "things to note "information, because we are a youth hostel, but we made an exception for you because we did not wanted to send you away. please read the important information next time. staff

Close enough to centraal station that makes it a breeze to get to from the airport. The stairs were difficult to manage so lots of luggage may be a problem.

• 3rd Apr 2015

There's no common room, but it was easy for me to meet people in my dorm room. Great bed, great security (bring a padlock, they have small lockers!), great location. Staff is nice but a couple were a little difficult to communicate with. That's okay. The stairs are crazy (in a cool, old amsterdam way) but be careful! Great place to stay, I recommend it.

I really enjoyed my stay here, the beds are comfortable, the bathroom is clean and the showers are hot! The location was a little tricky to find at first but that's because I forgot the map! It's just off The Dam square so really in the middle of all the important sites! I would definitely go again, however I am owed 20euros for my key deposit as I left early and none of the staff were awake so I will be chasing them up about that. Other than that it was a really great hostel, I would recommend

• 30th Mar 2015

Best location. A bit overpriced.

There are too many steep stairs which is kind of hard to climb, there is no breakfast or place to seat or gather out of room. I just spent one night there and for 50 euro I think it should have been much better than that. But I have to say staff are nice and they even helped me with cariying luggage!

Good but a little bit expensive

The staff was so nice in every moment; The room was completely clean and the furniture was new; The hostel is really near from the center However, the environment is totally quiet inside, it's quite good isolated. I would suggest this hostel to everyone.

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Very nice people, very nice place!

• 8th Mar 2015

I liked the hostel location, the staff was great very helpful. The dislikes of the place is there is no common room and no kitchen or laundry room. Likely the people in my room were great to hang out. Bottom line its a great location reasonable price except weekends but everything is expensive on weekends in amstersam, lack of facilitates, excellent staff. Overall its a good stay.

I liked the st. christophers it was good walking day tours there they were close to the metro which was easy getting around , people at reception were very helpful, no kitchen but nice bar but open to the public as well. It was good for partying vibe but everything closes early in Paris but amazing scenery. Showers are limited but apparently someone ruined the bathrooms on 1,2,3 floor in the same area, but other than that, I would stay here met awesome group of people during the day tour.

I went to Amsterdam with a friend. Arrived early to hostel and were given a room and went out to get to know the city. The day receptionist was really nice and helpful. We arrived back at 3 a.m. to find someone sleeping in our bed. We had to wake up the person in charge and they told us 'just take another bed' who found us a bed in different rooms. When we told the day receptionist he was really sorry. It's really nice located and it's worth every penny.

a very narrow hallway and steep dutch stairs leads from the entrance, otherwise a clean place with great location walking distance from nearly everything

First it was very difficult to find the hostel. We asked a bartender and he unlocked a gate for us into an alley. When we opened the door the stairs were completely vertical, difficult when you have luggage with you. Luckily the reception helped. The room was cramped and sharing 1 bathroom with 7 people wasn't fun. There's no lobby, just stairs and rooms. The guy at the desk asked personal questions and told me "good luck finding another hostel" in a rude way upon checkout. Wouldn't recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3