Central Station Hostel Reviews

Steenhouwerssteeg 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I did enjoy staying here. the staffs are very helpful. the room is good. the bed is little bit small but not too bad. The location is great, you can walk everywhere.

• 25th Nov 2015
  • Thailand

The location of the hostel, and the rooms are really great. On the downside, the hostel has no common area or something like that to eat for example. We arrived at 7AM just to leave our bags, and there was no one there until 8AM, so the advertised "24 hour reception / checkin" didn't work for us. The hostel says "Credit Cards Accepted", but there is a 5% service fee!!! Why is this? At least you should warn it...

One of the better hostels I've stayed at in Amsterdam especially if you want to be near everything but avoid the chaos of red light. Clean rooms and showers. Good staff. Beware the stairs have proper footwear!

Very comfortable place to sleep and relax after active hanging out around the city. Pros: clean room, shower and toilet (separate for every room! that's cool), hair dryer, rooms are locked. Cons: locker costs 2 euro + deposit.

Hostel is so close to center. Rooms are clean and has a nice bathroom. Reception guys were really kind and helpful . Just one bad thing about hostel is stairs. Stairs are too much vertical. This hostel was awesome part of my awesome trip :))

• 8th Nov 2015
  • Turkey

Good location, rooms are spacious and ensuite is nice. The stairs are like ladders though, difficult to get up and the atmosphere is lacking (no common room etc), staff were helpful though.

Directions are sent to you before you stay in hotel which makes it easier to find. Staff are helpful, friendly and polite. The room and shared bathroom was clean. Two things I did not like about this place, - there is a notice inside rooms that people over the age of 40 are not permitted at the hostel as it is a 'youth hostel', (i am 42!!). Secondly, the stairs are steep! Recommended for people who just want somewhere to sleep as is cheap, but no kitchen or facilities provided.

• 1st Nov 2015
  • Wales

Kind and helpful staffs, they provided informations with the local map and tell us the cheaper supermarket. Toilet is clean and great hot shower. Rooms are big enough for 10 female dorm. No kitchen available but hot water provided. Great location, less than 20mins walk from central station.

Location was good. Staff were scattered and confused about bookings etc...entered rooms multiple times to count spare beds. Stairs were TOO steep; anxiety provoking trying to get packs up and down stairs. Rooms clean. NO kitchen facilities; microwave only. NO facilities to leave bags if connecting with a later bus/train. NO common room. Not recommended for single travellers.

Absolutely loved our stay at Central Station! The rooms are super trendy and clean, the beds are comfy, and it is a great price for such a nice stay. The workers are super friendly (S/O to my new Ghana friend --- I'm sorry I don't know your name!) and made me feel very welcome in the city. The front stairs are a bit daunting, but this hostel is SO worth it! Great location as well! Right in the center! Would stay here again!

very good located. funny building

Although I've just stayed for one night, I like the location and the cleanness of the hostel. Also, the staff is friendly and responsible.

This is not a hostel for meeting people as it lacks a common room or any other facilities. However the location is awesome.

very clean good place to sleep and good location but no place to mingle

The only reason why I stayed here was because its location and the price for a one night stay. room was a bit cramped, wouldn't want to stay here more than a day

Would go back in a heartbeat and would recommand this place. Very well located in the heart of the city, on a small street so very quiet at night. Close to everything. Very clean. Helpful and smiley staff. The room was big, airy and there was a place to hang out and chill in the middle of it. One of my favorite hostel.

Really an ok place, but the receptionist wasn't very happy at the prospect of me leaving before reception opened. Nevertheless he found a solution by not giving me a key. The hostel itself was prehaps not as easy to find as I had hoped (the sign says central station hotel, whereas it says hostel on the website, and I have been burned by that mistake before where they have been two different things). All in all, I slept well, the dorm was quiet and nice, and I thought it was pretty ok.

Roomes were clean and spacios and bathroom was adequate too. Good locker storage under the beds. In general, bed were comfortable and well-presented. Outside was really noisy at night with people, cars and a nearby club/bar that was distracting especially at night when you are trying to sleep. After I left there was a small bug crawling around in my handbag that I had left unzipped on the floor overnight.

• 11th Oct 2015

the staff is not so good , do not have a place to leave your luggage , arrive early to the city and was somewhat annoying to walk with luggage through the city , good facilities, the place with good location and neighborhood MOROCCAN .

Great location but lacking a social area. The stairs are pretty steep but it's a nice quiet hostel especially considering where you are located just off Damrak.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5