Central Station Hostel Reviews

Steenhouwerssteeg 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I spent a great day in the hostel, and Rachid gave me good advice and tips about the hostel and the city. Very nice guy.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

The reason why I put average for staff was because the guy that checked my friend and I in was so rude and didn't even acknowledge us until he finished eating his breakfast, even though we were standing right in front of him. Thankfully only saw him that one time but it didn't give a very good impression. Another staff member was very helpful

• 12th Apr 2014

Location was excellent, right next to the RLD. The staff were friendly and the room was clean. Only drawback of the place itself was the very steep staircase, certainly not for those not able-bodied. On the last morning we woke to find someone we didn't know sleeping in one of our beds (despite the fact we had booked the whole room) which was very disconcerting. The staff had no idea how he got into our room either which was even more concerning.

• 31st Mar 2014

The Central Station Hostel was very clean and the location of the hostel is just perfect, close to Dam Square which means close to everything. The staff of the hostel was friendly, especially Mr. Rachid who was very nice and proffesional to us, explained a lot about the city and gave some hints recording sighseeing.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Poland

Location is perfect as it is very close to the central station (which links you to every tourist spots in amsterdam). You may need some time to locate the hostel because it is in a small alley, but after the first day you'll find it easily :) The stairs are narrow but you'll get over it! It'll be better if there is a common room/ kitchen for me and my friends to cook together or chat.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

There is no social area, but in general it's a great stay.

• 26th Mar 2014

Made a booking for one night and was only told that they were overbooked on check-in. The staff said that overbooking happens and because I'm staying only for one night, I will have to move to another hostel of theirs in Leidseplein (2km away from central station)! The staff was rather defensive and unfriendly, printed me a map and gave me the address and I have to find my own way there. Staffs at new hostel is marginally better, no compensation, toilet & bathroom were dirty. Atmosphere was bad

I've never met good staff like Rachid before. I think he is the most good staff in this hostel...... no... in the world hahaha Well this hostel was so good location. You guys have to choice this hostel and get so much experience in Amsterdam!!! from japanese

The location is great, but the hostel is not so clean and it does not have a commom area where we can sit down, eat, relax or have a chat. The reception area is so small.

I have never had so many problems in one hostel. Everyone from the staff is completely useless and will refuse to help you. It is the worst hostel I've ever seen in my life. A disaster. Dirty, awful staff, THERE ARE LOCKERS BUT YOU NEED TO RENT A LOCK FROM THE HOSTEL. Otherwise it will not close with your regular lock. They gave us a cheaper room then the one we booked and refused to give us back what corresponded, at the beginning. PS: BAD SMELL EVERYWHERE Cheers!!

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Argentina

Hello Alan, Thank you for staying at our hostel. Normally we receive good reviews about our staff, they are even mentioned by names in the reviews.we will sort out what happened with you and the staff. About the lockers most hostels rent their lockers. Our lockers are FREE to use if you bring a padlock. If you dont you can hire one with us as a service. We use codes and keys to open doors, usually guests review this good for security. Also the cleaner comes every day in each room to clean.

Nice place to stay! good location. Love your stairway:D

• 17th Feb 2014

Rashid and all the staff were great. I'll deffenetly come back

The hostle is convenient i stayed there many times whenever i m visiting amsterdsm i first look for this hostle although it is in confising street but the location is perfect rashid and rasheed my moraco friends are so cooperative Thanks for one free coffee perday sherif ewiss

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Egypt

Good value for money

The best at a price rate.It is.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Russia

If u wanna stay in the centre of amsterdam this hostel is the cheapest and best option. The stairs are a lil bit strange but u will get over it on second day. The heating system and hot water were perfect. There is a bike rental place next to the hostel. And thanks for keeping our luggages for free after we checked out.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

There was no common area so the people in my room spoke loudly until 1.30 in the morning... on a Tuesday, when I had to leave at 7 am. Price was reasonable for just a bed, which is all it was.

Only disadvantage was a lack of a kitchen. However big thanks to the staff which was helpful with providing information about the city and carrying the luggage to the 2nd floor.

after paying the advance, I get an email the hostel that wants full details of my credit card....illegal. of course I send no data, and once onsite the guy who worked there told us that my reservation had been canceled, and leaving us without the hostel. very professional.

The stairs were a little intimidating at first, especially with our suitcases. Perhaps let guests know this in advance so they have a chance to plan differently if necessary. The shower without a door makes the bathroom very wet even after only one shower. The bathroom door was squeaky which made it difficult not to wake others up in the morning. The beds were comfortable and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is PRIME -- would definitely recommend to a friend.