7.5
Very Good 1,585 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 1,585 Total Reviews
Central Station Hostel Located at Steenhouwerssteeg 5, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Amsterdam 1012 HJ Steenhouwerssteeg 5
75% 1585
52.3719884 4.8946338
    Rooms available

• USA, Couple, 18-24
15th Jan 2017
6.6

The room itself was well maintained however our attached bathroom had a weird septic smell coming from it. People at this hostel we're on the older side. Lastly the man that checked us in was rude and unhelpful but the man who checked us out the next morning was awesome!

• USA, Female, 18-24
13th Jan 2017
6.0

The hostel was easy to find with directions. Once you walk up it's not very welcoming through the alley and the side door is covered with barbed wire and spikes which was a warning sign in my head. It took 20 mins to get in after buzzing. My group and I had to use our international Data to call the hostel to let us in. . They made you pay extra for everything and looked for anyway to get money. Good location, rude staff, nice room, clean, not recommended for first time in a hostel.

• USA, Female, 25-30
12th Jan 2017
6.0

Very hard to find (it's in a locked alley way and there are no signs on the main street); also, there are no smoking/drugs signs all over the place, yet people in my room (I had a mixed dorm of 6 people) were smoking weed and had their pipes, etc. all over the place.

12th Jan 2017
6.3

This hostel is OK if u want just find a place to sleep because there isn't a good space. But in general is a good hostel.

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Jan 2017

Excellent location and the staff are really nice and helpful! We found the hostel really easy from the directions on hostelworld and everyone was really friendly! The rooms are basic but it's great value for money and the rooms are cleaned every morning! We stayed in a 10 bed mixed room and we got on well with every in our dorm! Overall we had a great stay and the hostel was perfect for us

• Hungary, Female, 25-30
7th Jan 2017

the hostel is only 10 mins walk from central station so right in the city centre. the staff was very helpful, the beds are super comfortable, definitely recommend if you coming to explore the city!! :)

• Romania, Female, 25-30
7th Jan 2017
8.0

Great location! Close to all the amazing things Amsterdam has to offer! Nice staff, but the cleanliness is something that needs much improvement: we ran out of toilet paper on the first day and we didn't get anymore until the next day when we asked for it, the bin in the bathroom was overflowing and the sink was quite dirty. Also, I had to checkout the night before my leaving as "no one will be at reception at 6 am" even though on the website it clearly states that reception is open 24/7.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Jan 2017

Great stay at this hostel! The rooms were even nicer than the photos and they were very large compared to a lot of other hostels I have stayed at in Europe. Only problem we had is that it says it is a 24 hour reception however when we got to the reception at 7am, we were not attended to until 9am. Security was there although he was unable to help us. Otherwise very impressed with the location and rooms!

31st Dec 2016
6.0

The hostel was extremely hard to find as it was in an alley and we were only able to find it by getting to the national monument and then following the instructions in the email confirmation sent once hostel was booked. I wont book in a 10 bed room again as it was just an open room and other people were not very quiet or respectful with noise or lights. There was no kitchen or common area to meet or talk to others. The shower drainage didnt get fixed when reported but the staff was friendly.

• USA, Male, 18-24
29th Dec 2016
6.6

It was a very odd experience. I arrived at 8 am, and no one would answer the door or the phone. It took 20 minutes for anyone to let us in. I climbed my way up the steep stairs, and no one was there to greet me. There was someone behind a black curtain that mumbled to leave my bags off to the side and come back at 1. It felt very odd, and it made me not want to stay there, but it was too late to cancel the reservation. I wouldn't stay here again, personally.