7.4
Very Good 1,314 Total Reviews
7.4
Very Good 1,314 Total Reviews
Central Station Hostel Located at Steenhouwerssteeg 5, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Amsterdam 1012 HJ Steenhouwerssteeg 5
74% 1314
52.3719884 4.8946338
    Rooms available

22nd Jul 2016
3.1

This was a terrible hostel, the back alley is sketchy, the stairs are a death trap. There is no common room or kitchen area. The rooms are cramped, crappy, hot, and the beds are terribly small (I'm only 5'8 - and I felt like I didn't fit). The reception area is so bad, and for the amount they charge is ridiculous. The bathroom is literally an open shower stall, one toilet, one sink in a room for 8 people. Lockers didn't lock properly. I abandoned one night to pay more elsewhere for my last n

• Australia, Female, 25-30
22nd Jul 2016
7.7

A bit hard to find, but so is everything in central Amsterdam. The room was far too hot during the night, and noise from the street made it a bit hard to sleep (but I would expect that in the middle of the red light district!). The staff were friendly and willing to help. The ensuite bathroom was handy and private.

• Egypt, Male, 18-24
13th Jul 2016
8.0

Location is the best.. Very weird stairs 😂...

• lakhwanimanoj7207
  • India, Male, 31-40
12th Jul 2016
4.3

I booked for 2 nights, but called before I was due to arrive and asked if instead of staying for 2 nights, I could stay just for 1 night and if they would charge me for both nights. The person on the phone told me that it was OK, and that if I came the next day, I would have to pay for only 1 night. When I went to the hostel the next day, the person at the reception told me that i'd have to pay for 2 nights anyhow. So I canceled my reservation entirely and they still charged me for 1 night.

10th Jul 2016
6.9

The hostel is in a really good location - very central, just off Dam Square. It is a small hostel and there is no common room or social space for guests to meet. Room was quite hot and stuffy. Comfy beds. well priced, good location, wifi, very steep steps to get to hostel through, do not go here if you have bad legs!!!

6th Jul 2016

The location is amazing as its just minuites away from dam square. The staff we're very helpful and the room was spotless with a cleaner coming in daily. The only bad thing was that there was only one bathroom between 10 of us.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
5th Jul 2016

Pretty good location. Beds were extremely comfortable, including the pillow. Reception has a nice offer of discounts on attractions as well. You weren't allowed to drink in the rooms though and there was no communal space to socialise with other guests. All in all though it was a great stay and we would be happy to recommend :)

4th Jul 2016

good atmosphere and location!

• England, Male, 18-24
4th Jul 2016

Absolutely great hostel, location is fab and everything is within walking distance, and it's also right next to a lovely bakery and a bike-hire shop, so everything becomes easily accessible. Staff were really friendly and helpful, and security was great. Rooms were basic but spotlessly clean and tidied every day, very welcome for a bunch of young lads! Would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone going to Amsterdam.

• England, Female, 25-30
6.3

We were charged an additional tax to the amount we had been given via email. Ended up paying two lots of tax! Stairs are fairly steep, fairly central to most places. People we met and shared a room with were all great! Only positive about this hostel! Bathroom door squeaked so loud, maybe some WD40 would be of some use. Others in the room would wake when the door was pulled open. Won't be back here. Rather stay in a local hotel. As much as we were on a budget, rather pay for a hotel room.