Central Station Hostel Reviews

Steenhouwerssteeg 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff was very helpful, even when they were full the next night they helped me find another place to stay. The bathroom was not very clean, hair all over the place, dirty sink, but I think the other people in the room were also very messy people and had been there the night before too. Wifi in the rooms was nice. No common ro though

the staff were lovely so helpful. When we were unable to collect our bags for a ridiculous amount of time they stored them for free for 3 days! The rooms are clean and comfortable and the showers are amazing. The internets good and though the stairs are very steep they are happy to help you with them. the hostels hidden away in a small ally but its worth it!

• 6th Oct 2014

good location, no lift and steep stairs

I didn't like the way that I was treated in the first day, the receptionist didn't help me with my suitcase. I didn't like the cleanliness, maybe I was eaten by flea. The barthroom wasn't clean.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Not bad really, after reading all those reviews. Bathroom was OK (even for 10 people) and i managed to get something out of that tiny 'kitchen', at least they have some kitchenware.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Romania

You get what you pay for... It's a pretty average hostel in a really great location. There is no common room and the stairs do suck but it's not like you're going to be spending much time at the hostel anyway!

Location is awesome. Beds are tiny, stairs are cool! Thanks!

Great hostel with good breakfast but you would expect that for the price you pay

The manager is completly confused wether he is running a hotel or a hostel. If you are just looking for a bed and a shower it will forfill your needs perfectly. However If you are looking for an actual hostel with kitchen, common room, atmosphere.. Then don't stay here!

Great location, right by dam square. Taxi to the main club/bar area was 10 euros wihich was great. We stayed in a 10 best mixed dorm, the rooms were nice and clean and the bathroom was modern as well. Down side was that there was only one bathroom in the room between 10 people, other hostels I have stayed at in Amsterdam have a separate bathroom from the room with 3 or so showers and loos. Overall the staff were helpful and friendly and I would stay here again., however I did find it pricy!

• 4th Sep 2014

We stayed there 3 nights. Beds and toilets were quite clean but beds are a little bit tiny. You can rent a bike from next door to hostel, which is a plus. 15 minutes walk to central station. Staff are just ok. They do their job and thats ok. Dont expect any friendly conversation or else. The stairs are too steep. Stay at first floor if you have chance. But its managable anyway if you have to climb. There is no lounge in the hostel for socialising if you are looking for meeting new ppl.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Achmed has asked for a mention, and he was the perfect host. This is basically a no smoking hostel, after 10 they want you either in the hostel or outside the hostal, no sitting outside smoking. Other than that very nice, nice clean bedding, nice clean bathroom, nice windows that keep the room fresh.

• 2nd Sep 2014

If you dont mind brutally snoring dudes, the hostel is quiet and nice for sleeping. Beds and wc were clean. Theres only 1 toilet next to 10 beds. You have to climb to your room thru steep stairs. Which is a challenge with heavy big case. there is no common area for ppl to chill out and meet eachother. we had to move to another room 2nd night,and allowed to move back in the 3rd night. So booking rooms is quite pointless. They move you to other room if they need your beds for newcoming customers.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Turkey

The hostel is near to the train station and many places to go out and eat. Despite that it is a quiet place to sleep. The thing with the stairs is true... one must be careful if walking the stairs drunk or high. The only bad thing that happened to me was that the guy gave me the wrong key and woke me up at 4 am searching for a bed for a girl who came at that time.

Hard to beat location right next to Dam Square! I wish it had some sort of common area, but as far as a hostel goes, it's perfectly functional, very clean, with nice accommodations and helpful staff. Do be prepared to climb a small mountain of stairs though, I've never seen steeper stairs in my life!

Horrible hostel. Staff is not friendly. Threaten to charge you money for bringing a friend in. Wake you up every morning to tell you to check out even if you have 4 days left in your reservation. Staff left our room unlocked. One bathroom for ten people. Super noisy. No outlets at beds to charge phones. Would not stay here ever again!

• 27th Aug 2014

Bed bugs. I complained about bed bug bites to one particularly unhelpful member of staff who declared 'i know' and that was it. Luckily a much friendlier receptionist responded better to a second complaint and refunded me one nights stay. This was the most expensive hostel we booked (1 month trip around Europe) and also the worst. No common room area, the stairs are incredibly awkward with bags, and there is no secure luggage storage area. Bathroom was clean though, and the location is good.

I reserved a 4ppl room. Showed up late and found my self in a 10ppl room. The management said I was late for it... They did give me a small discount. But still had to pay for the late arrival

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Israel

not bad but not good

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Very nice location, close to Dam Square and Red Light District. Hostel is clean and facilities work well. The only problem is that the stairs are very steep and there is no common area.

• 17th Aug 2014