Central Station Hostel

Very Good 1878 Total Reviews

• Northern Ireland, Male, 18-24
16th Jul 2017
5.1

No communal area at all, beds were decent but bathrooms smelled, stairs were basically ladders. The limited space is to be expected as it is in a very central location in an older city, however i would say its better to stay further from the city centre to get a hostel with more space and still a short commute.

• Ireland, All Male Group, 18-24
16th Jul 2017
7.4

In a perfect location for venturing the streets. Staff were friendly and rooms were cleaned everyday. (The only problem with cleanliness was the smell of mould/mildew from the bathroom) The only real problem with this hostel is lack of cooking area or a common room, other than that it is a fine place to stay

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Jul 2017

Nice place to stay i couldn't really fault the hostel when I go back again my only reason for not staying there again would be because I'll want my own room, some guessed had to be up early to move on and they didn't care about making loads of noise, but with the hostel great all round

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2017

Fantastic location! Very clean rooms too which was great.

• PedroC1981
  • Scotland, Male, 31-40
7th Jul 2017
4.9

Poor service from staff, made to feel very uncomfortable during check in process. Stood over me while I tried to enter my pin number and asked to borrow my iPhone charger during check in!!! Gave me wrong keys also. Poor facilities and expensive for a bed in a hostel. Decent location the only plus.

• England, Male, 31-40
7th Jul 2017
7.1

Location off Dam square is amazing. Down an alley way above a bike rental shop. Not noisy. We stayed in the room right by the reception , but due to the tiny size of reception no one congregated there, so we were not disturbed. The staff were polite. No atmosphere as a hostel as there was no where to meet. Our group was 4 people and we stayed in a 4 person dorm with en-suite. good size room and shower room. It was expensive for us as we booked late. I would stay again and recommend to others.

1st Jul 2017
5.4

The bathroom smelled like DEAD ROTTING FISH for my entire stay (3 nights). Whenever someone opened the bathroom door, the smell of death was enough to wake me up gagging. Staff just tried to cover the smell with air freshener. This hostel has a cat that is allowed to wander around, and it kept trying to get into my room. The stairs are dangerously steep, and tripping on the cat is a real risk. The WiFi sucks. At 37-54 Euros per night, there is no value here other than a bed in a good location.

6.6

The location is the only reason I stayed here. The hostel itself isn't great but its a bed and a bathroom so it works if you'll only be sleeping there. I've stayed in nicer hostels for way cheaper but I guess that's central Amsterdam. It would have been nice if the reception was 24 hrs and be warned no matter what time you get there you must check in after 13 or 13:30 I can't remember and you just have to leave your luggage in a hallway

• USA, Female, 18-24
29th Jun 2017

Very clean and comfortable bed! Room had a lovely window and there's a lively kitten that likes to visit. Excellent location in Dam, although it was hard to find at first.

• ljb9782995
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Jun 2017

This place was a great stay. The room was so clean as well as the bathroom, was very impressed. Definitely worth the price. Only thing lacking was a common area to chill out however, we were the to just have a bed so it was really good! Would definitely recommend and stay there again!