Central Station Hostel Reviews

Steenhouwerssteeg 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

after paying the advance, I get an email the hostel that wants full details of my credit card....illegal. of course I send no data, and once onsite the guy who worked there told us that my reservation had been canceled, and leaving us without the hostel. very professional.

The stairs were a little intimidating at first, especially with our suitcases. Perhaps let guests know this in advance so they have a chance to plan differently if necessary. The shower without a door makes the bathroom very wet even after only one shower. The bathroom door was squeaky which made it difficult not to wake others up in the morning. The beds were comfortable and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is PRIME -- would definitely recommend to a friend.

Usually, hostels are noisy and people doesn't care if you are sleeping at midnight or not. I was pleased that staffs make sure that people pay attention of that after 10pm. Besides, Rachid & Rachid were just amazing and very welcoming. I felt like I was a star which is great when you know that I paid only a dozen of euros. So I definitely recommend this Hostel.

I stayed here many times before. Excellent location. On a quiet street. perfect a little bit of quiet relax time, away from all the sightseeing or partying. WiFi works very good in the rooms. Microwave at the hostel. Rely helpful staff for Amsterdam info and directions. Wish they didn't have a non slip mat,in the shower, cleanliness issue. Better with handlebars on the wall. to hold on too. That is my opinion. I will stay here again next time i go to Amsterdam.

very very good location

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Turkey

Location was great. All the staff were very kind and friendly. Wi-Fi connection was excellent and plug-in areas were sufficient. Best value for money!!

A nice little Hostel! If all you're looking for is a decent bed & shower in an excellent location then this Hostel's a worthwhile choice.... a bit of a misnomer, calling it the Central Station Hostel as Amsterdam Central Station is @ least 500 yards away! Room was clean & staff were all helpful with my over-sized case.... Max was good when he wasn't sleeping @ his post! Enjoyed my stay here despite having £110 stolen from my wallet & place needs to offer breakfast & a common room! Liam Doherty.

Amazing location, but we didn't feel very secure. Okay if you're staying with a group, but I wouldn't stay here alone.

Classic Adam Hostel, a little dirty, small and a Staff that make you feel unwelcome but over all not Bad for a weekend trip.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

Value for money the hostel is sweet. Of course the usual hostel issues occur from time to time, being woken up in the night, creaky floors and whatever, but you cannot complain too much. The staff were fairly poor, most of them were quite rude, not verbally, but just short and failed to give us any advice. The hostel does not have any common room, which sucked after a long day, it's always nice sitting down and relaxing...socialising with other travellers but it was difficult in the rooms.

This hostel was wonderful! The staff is incredibly nice and helpful, and had great recommendations for restaurants and nearby attractions. The map and introduction that they provided was also really helpful. Everything was extremely clean and well appointed.

The staff was awfull. They told us that the hostel was 24 hours open and when we got there in the night the guy was sleeping and we wanted help to find the other hostel, because they put us in another hostel that wasn´t in the center without us knowing that, and the guy got angry with us because we woke him up at 1:50 am in is work time! Dont go to this hostel, there are many other hostel way better. This is the worst hostel i have been and i have been i a lot of hostels,

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Portugal

difficult to find the hostel, bad impression when we entered and functionary was rude when I asked to see the hostel before staying.

• 13th Nov 2013

Its a grand place if you just want some where to sleep its in a great spot il b going again we will stay again.

• 6th Nov 2013

You must be crazy if you choose to stay here! We came back to our beds to find 3 random men off the street in our beds! We felt so unsafe after this and the hostel refused to return our money!

This was a very unique hostel. When we checked in at 6pm our room was a mess and all the beds weren't made. The bathroom was disgusting an clearly uncleaned. The hostel staff also kept walking in and out of our room out entire stay which was odd. There were lockers but half of them didn't work. Lastly I know it's Amsterdam but twice when we return to the room someone had clearly been smoking weed in there which wasn't fun when you need a break from that. You are paying for just a bed in a room.

good hostel for a nights sleep.. Steep stair case.. Good central location right near dam square.. No common room.. No smoking area.. No atmosphere..young bloke at the desk helpful with tram info. Cheers.

1 2 Next » last »