Central Station Hostel Reviews

Steenhouwerssteeg 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Felt like a money laundering business other than a hostel.

Very hard to find. The bed is not comfortable at all

I had a late arrival booked. I emailed them in advance to inform i would be late and they confirmed it was ok. When I showed up, they said they were overbooked, leaving me stranded in Amsterdam in the middle of the night. I will never give them my business again.

• 24th May 2015

Wonderful hostel. My friend and I stayed for one night in a 4 person room right beside the front desk. Very hotel-like. Slightly difficult to find the entrance through the back alley. Steep staircase at the entrance. Very difficult if you have a suitcase. Lovely place!

Staff are very friendly, value for money, nearby central station

• 22nd May 2015
  • Malaysia

I just stayed for the night and it was quite fair. The room is big and the bathroom was clean. Bed is very comfortable but it's not made for a tall person. The cons are: scary stairs!!! A 20€ for a key deposit...I don't think this is wrong but it should be written in their description somewhere. I arrived just for the night and didn't have money enough, and they don't accept credit card as well. Last thing, don't stay there if you have an early flight. You just can check out from 07:30...

It was unprofessional by not having open beds as promised. This happened twice, first time was only 3 bed when 5 were reserved and then in the middle of the second night, one bed was taken so we only had 4.

• 20th May 2015

Extremely rude staff, claustrophobic facilities, ridiculous policies about keys, lockers etc.

• 19th May 2015
  • Finland

For the price you pay this hostel is great, the location is great, you walk out and you are 20 seconds away from dam square. However the hostel itself is different to most; it is very difficult to find (down an alley that isn't sign posted) and there is no lounge area, just some very steep stairs to get to the reception. Rooms were very clean and showers were hot. Worth it for the price

Good location. Close to Dam Sq/Red Light. Room was clean but the floor was dirty. Our group consisted of 3 girls aged 30 and we paid extra to secure the whole 4 bed dorm so that the room was private and just ours. However a receptionist/member of staff would frequently let himself into our room without knocking and with a key whilst we were sleeping and use the toilet in our bathroom without our permission. He would leave the bathroom door open and didn't understand the problem when challenged.

• 18th May 2015

Not bad for what i paid. I wish there would have been more option than just cereal for breakfast. But all in all not too shabby

Very clean, very much in the centre but no common area.

ok hostel not the best but worth your money

stairs ridiculous and the staff were not really helpful at all

I'm not sure why nobody talked about the stairs in this hostel... It seems like you have to climb to your room. And to go down is really scary. Also they do not have anything besides bedrooms... Not one bathroom that we can use before check-in, or a common room. You should also be aware that if you are bigger than 1,70cm you won't fit on the bed. The rooms are good besides this, and clean. The Internet is good too, and location is good.

Cheap beds, right on the middle of everything! The accommodations are definitely modest but for the location it is the cheapest and probably cleanest thing you will find. Yes it's small and the Internet doesn't really work but if you want to be more comfortable then get a hotel.

The room and en suite was more than adequate. Location couldn't be better. Staff was extremely unhelpful and seems disinterested in giving recommendations. No common areas to meet people. Our room was located next to the reception and there seemed to be no attempt to keep it quiet despite a room being next door. All in all, this hostel served its purpose. A decent place to sleep but not the best hostel to meet new people.

Room number 4 could use a bit more ventiliation to battle the smell. Bathroom was excellent, contrasting sharply with the simplicity of the rest of the room. Bedding was fine.

Pleasantly surprised. Great location and clean but like someone else said, it's just for a bed. No common area.

I arrived on May 1 and the price for a bed was really expensive. There was no living room or chair where you could sit. One could hardly turn around with the suitcase without turning against the wall. All space was occupied for making money. No place to sit down, eat food or reading the newspaper, only bed. And there was no reading lamp over the bed