Central Station Hostel Reviews

Steenhouwerssteeg 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very nice location, close to Dam Square and Red Light District. Hostel is clean and facilities work well. The only problem is that the stairs are very steep and there is no common area.

• 17th Aug 2014

It wasn't very clean and there was a ridiculously dangerous steep staircase to climb. When I got in bed the first night I felt dirt on the sheets. The shared bathroom in the 8-person room was filthy. The shower had no door or curtain and there was always water everywhere. I think it would have been nicer to stay closer to the Van Gogh museum. This was more central, but it's a dirtier area.

• 14th Aug 2014

very good location. about 10 minutes away from the central station by walking. Room that I have stayed was good and clean. The hostel staff was helpful and friendly. Especially, the receptionist whose name is Rachid was very helpful and friendly. He advised me about city sights and helped us too much. Tahnk you Rachid. Thank you Central Station Hostel. If I go Amsterdam again, I will stay at the Central Station Hostel.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

What you pay for with this hostel is the location. It is situated right next to Dam Square and a short walk from the Red Light District. The hostel was very clean and quiet. What would really help is a common room/area to relax and socialise, Also, be wary that the stairs are extremely steep, although I stayed there for 5 days and didn't really have a problem with them. The staff were awesome and very helpful, particularly Ahmed, especially with directions and recommendations. :)

Bathroom better than my house, loved the hostel.

This Hostel is in a great location and has a terrific staff. Ahmad was the staffer who helped me most, and he was very accommodating to look up an affordable place for a haircut, and print out directions for me - he also speaks about five languages fluently - big thanks to him for being so helpful.

• 4th Aug 2014

it was close to central station but hard to find. more or less quiet. didn't like that stairs at all

dear guest , thank you for your booking. after making a reservation we send all our guests directions with pictures to find the way to the hostel. Please chek your e-mail after making a reservation. greetings

The hostel is very well located. Security is fine. They have lockers on the room (at least in the one I stayed). Cleanliness is not so good, beds were clean but the bathroom could be better. They took 5 days to replace the hands towel. I would suggest to add some cleaning tools to dry the floor after taking a shower, it gets very messy. Wifi worked in the room. VERY steep stairs. Anyway the staff was very good, Rachid the best one.

I dont think u could get anny bether location, friendly staff, and clean. No place to chill, just the room. But still veru good hostel. Book it!

The hostel is quite difficult to find, and not easy to get in... But it is a clean place and the staff is nice and helpfull. It has a good location, indeed it is close to the central train station and to the red light district.

Was a good hostel in a very good location, easy to get everywhere and not far from the station. Lockers in the rooms to keep things in (lock can be rented or use your own). Only downside was the stairs were extremely steep, my friend fell down and injured herself - not good if you can't get up steep stairs!

We were supposed to be in a 8 bed room but ended up in a 10 bed room with 12 people. One of us had to sleep on the floor and the staff weren't helpful at all. wouldn't recommend

Little hard to find on the first day but located in a great place close to everything such as the red light district, several bars and food places but still very quiet. Met loads of new people and the guy at the front desk was amazing helping us with maps and tours The stairs where deadly though :/ bring your climbing gear to tackle them

Ahmed was the man!!! Helped me out with every question I had. Even walked me up to the room and told me everything I needed to know! Had a great stay here and fell right at home! Thank you

It was in the city centre, but in a obsucre way, without windows. The room was tiny and hot, the personnel was unfriendly and 90 € for two nights is a theft.

• 18th Jul 2014

dear guest thank you for staying with us. Our prices are good compared with other hostels in this location. You stayed in the heart of amsterdam no need for transport.Besides that you saw the price before booking. As you can see in the hostel pictures all our room have windows.

Great location.... Good price but not the best... Really clean and good staff... I recomend it!

We have problems with the reservation and also the stuff added two "taxes" that where not included in the price that I saw at hostelworld site.

dear guest, thank you for staying with is. If you chek the website on hostelworld you can read that the price is exclusive of 5.5 % city tax. You have to paid that at arrival.

Good place to rest in a very great location.

Not a great hostel, but OK. very small and cramped with an unbelievably steep flight of stairs to reach the reception/ rooms, just wide enough for two abreast- exluding luggage. After a night out this stair case was treacherous. Great location, close to many atractions and bars/ coffeeshops etc. although it is in a grimy back alley protected by a solid metal security gate and and so many camera's, so a bit dodgy gang hide-out like. Terrible for meeting people- no communal area whatsoever

• 7th Jul 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel: staff is friendly, rooms are clean

• 5th Jul 2014