Central Station Inn Reviews

Via San francesco D'Assisi 11, Ciampino, Rome Ciampino, Italy

Stayed here for its location near the airport however if you don't get a bus it is a 20 euro fee not negotiable. Terrible people staying in the hostel and the woman at reception was more concerned with chatting to a guest then checking me in. Avoid if possible

Unfortunately, one of my roommates was an older man (maybe around 50 years old) who wanted things his way or the highway. He screamed at my roommates and I for no reason, then went and 'tattled' on us to the staff, even though we had done nothing wrong and didn't fully understand what he wanted. The staff member came in and scolded us like we were children without even knowing what the issue was. This was also my first time being kicked out of common areas of a hostel after check-out time.

Booked in for a weekend with a friend, hostel states there is no curfew on hostel world and on their website. This was not true we were not allowed to stay out past 1am and if we were late too bad we were on the streets. The trains to Ciampino stopped around 10.30pm at the weekend even though good transport links are stated. We had to fork out for taxis to get home in time for 1am or else we would have been on the streets. No 24 hour staff. Dont get a room key. Anyone can walk in.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Scotland

I was shocked by the 1am curfew as the website advertised the hostel as having 24hr friendly staff, something that needs to be corrected promptly. All 3 staff members I interacted with spoke less than minimal English and did not seem like the 'lively well travelled' persons they were described as. The night staff member was incredibly rude and unhelpful. Also shouldn't really have to ask twice for toilet paper! On the plus side the cafe next door was lovely!

• 29th Jul 2015

The door to my room wouldn't stay shut.

Serviceminded staff and clean rooms. Very good wi-fi!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Just stayed there for one night, because the flight landed late. But is far from central Rome if you want to be close to everything. The building is modern and nice. I was in a 6 bed room, spacious, with bathroom. Really nice. Just not enough plugs for everyone. I couldn't charge my phone overnight. Can't say much about the atmosphere, but it looked like everyone would just stay in the rooms although there was a small living room.

This place was horrible. Arrived to a very rude and unhelpful receptionist. The bunk bed ladders were brokens, making it exist really unsafe to climb. Luckily there weren't many people in the room so we could sleep on the bottom. Location is only good if you need to be at the airport early the next morning like we needed to be. Still cost €20 in taxi and that's the only way to get there early morning.

The night person was very kind and helpful but the day person was very rude and even yelled at me. I will never stay there again.

Very helpful staff. I didn't miss my flight thanks to you!

The bunks were horrible, if the person below me moved even the tiniest bit the whole bunk moved as well. Never felt another bunk like it before. Lady at front desk was really helpful though and printed plane tickets out for free.

We stayed here to be closer to the airport before we left. The nice thing about this place is it is right outside of the train stop so it's easy to get into Rome if you want. If you are flying and need to be at the airport before the first shuttle runs at 5 something then you pretty much need to take a taxi. We asked the woman at the desk to book it for us and we were able to go for only €20. This place doesn't have locks on the bedroom doors. But in the rooms there were locked cupboards to use.

My girlfriend and I checked in here for the night because we missed our flight and it was close to the airport. really creepy 60 year old men were following us. we found out they were staying in our hostel and RIGHT across our door. they left their door open and stood in the doorframe just staring and waiting for us to come out and make comments. We told the front desk and asked if we could change rooms. She said no then went, TOLD the men we complained, not in an angry way but in an annoyed way

• 1st Jun 2015

I enjoyed a lot the time I spent there,the staff is very good, the location is excellent!! I recommend!!!

• 29th May 2015

i thought the hostel was awesome close to the train station and great staff! place was easy to find and dorms were decently equipped! shout out to the counter girl that went out her way to show me where the phone store was for a chip i needed in order to make my phone work! i would stay again and recommend to anyone that is looking for a cool spot next to ciampino airport! thanks guys!!!

Perfect for an overnight stay when flying from or to Ciampino Airport; only thing to mention is that in my room the keys for the lockers were missing, so there was no possibility to lock stuff...

• 21st May 2015
  • Austria

The staff was incredibly unfriendly. I felt like a burden. When I opened the door to outside, two men who had been lingering there snuck in behind me. Because the doors didn't lock to the rooms, I felt nervous.

• 20th May 2015

Nice and close o he airport but BEWARE IF YOU HAVE AN EARLY FLIGHT. The earliest bus to the airport is t 5:20. We had to be at the airport at 5 so we had to take a taxi and the flat rate is 20€. The drive takes less than 5 min. Total scam. We would've walked but aparently you have to walk past a dangerous gypsy camp (front desk staff told stories about tourists being chased by gypsy men). Other than that a good stay, just surprising and upsetting that the few minute ride cost more than my flight

• 11th May 2015
  • espady

Only stayed one night . Stayed there cause I was flying out to the airport early and wanted to is the shuttle . Than I found out that it does run till 530 which was no good so had to pay 20 euros for a taxi . The doors also don't lock on the rooms ! Which was highly unsafe I felt ! On the plus said showers were awesome !

nice stay, friendly staff. Problems with bed springs. Slept alone in alit jumeaux bed It Had a pit in the middle, so kept on rolling to the middle, and ended up sleeping on the bed springs between the shifted matrasses..

• 1st May 2015