Central Station Inn Reviews

Via San francesco D'Assisi 11, Ciampino, Rome Ciampino, Italy

Booked in for a weekend with a friend, hostel states there is no curfew on hostel world and on their website. This was not true we were not allowed to stay out past 1am and if we were late too bad we were on the streets. The trains to Ciampino stopped around 10.30pm at the weekend even though good transport links are stated. We had to fork out for taxis to get home in time for 1am or else we would have been on the streets. No 24 hour staff. Dont get a room key. Anyone can walk in.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Serviceminded staff and clean rooms. Very good wi-fi!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Just stayed there for one night, because the flight landed late. But is far from central Rome if you want to be close to everything. The building is modern and nice. I was in a 6 bed room, spacious, with bathroom. Really nice. Just not enough plugs for everyone. I couldn't charge my phone overnight. Can't say much about the atmosphere, but it looked like everyone would just stay in the rooms although there was a small living room.

This place was horrible. Arrived to a very rude and unhelpful receptionist. The bunk bed ladders were brokens, making it exist really unsafe to climb. Luckily there weren't many people in the room so we could sleep on the bottom. Location is only good if you need to be at the airport early the next morning like we needed to be. Still cost €20 in taxi and that's the only way to get there early morning.

The night person was very kind and helpful but the day person was very rude and even yelled at me. I will never stay there again.

Very helpful staff. I didn't miss my flight thanks to you!

The bunks were horrible, if the person below me moved even the tiniest bit the whole bunk moved as well. Never felt another bunk like it before. Lady at front desk was really helpful though and printed plane tickets out for free.

We stayed here to be closer to the airport before we left. The nice thing about this place is it is right outside of the train stop so it's easy to get into Rome if you want. If you are flying and need to be at the airport before the first shuttle runs at 5 something then you pretty much need to take a taxi. We asked the woman at the desk to book it for us and we were able to go for only €20. This place doesn't have locks on the bedroom doors. But in the rooms there were locked cupboards to use.

My girlfriend and I checked in here for the night because we missed our flight and it was close to the airport. really creepy 60 year old men were following us. we found out they were staying in our hostel and RIGHT across our door. they left their door open and stood in the doorframe just staring and waiting for us to come out and make comments. We told the front desk and asked if we could change rooms. She said no then went, TOLD the men we complained, not in an angry way but in an annoyed way

• 1st Jun 2015

I enjoyed a lot the time I spent there,the staff is very good, the location is excellent!! I recommend!!!

• 29th May 2015

i thought the hostel was awesome close to the train station and great staff! place was easy to find and dorms were decently equipped! shout out to the counter girl that went out her way to show me where the phone store was for a chip i needed in order to make my phone work! i would stay again and recommend to anyone that is looking for a cool spot next to ciampino airport! thanks guys!!!

Perfect for an overnight stay when flying from or to Ciampino Airport; only thing to mention is that in my room the keys for the lockers were missing, so there was no possibility to lock stuff...

• 21st May 2015
  • Austria

The staff was incredibly unfriendly. I felt like a burden. When I opened the door to outside, two men who had been lingering there snuck in behind me. Because the doors didn't lock to the rooms, I felt nervous.

• 20th May 2015

Nice and close o he airport but BEWARE IF YOU HAVE AN EARLY FLIGHT. The earliest bus to the airport is t 5:20. We had to be at the airport at 5 so we had to take a taxi and the flat rate is 20€. The drive takes less than 5 min. Total scam. We would've walked but aparently you have to walk past a dangerous gypsy camp (front desk staff told stories about tourists being chased by gypsy men). Other than that a good stay, just surprising and upsetting that the few minute ride cost more than my flight

• 11th May 2015
  • espady

Only stayed one night . Stayed there cause I was flying out to the airport early and wanted to is the shuttle . Than I found out that it does run till 530 which was no good so had to pay 20 euros for a taxi . The doors also don't lock on the rooms ! Which was highly unsafe I felt ! On the plus said showers were awesome !

nice stay, friendly staff. Problems with bed springs. Slept alone in alit jumeaux bed It Had a pit in the middle, so kept on rolling to the middle, and ended up sleeping on the bed springs between the shifted matrasses..

• 1st May 2015

great location, but may add a little more information about how to get there. the crew were so helpful.

They didn't have my booking recorded, but I had a confirmation email so it was no problem. I only wish there was a shuttle or some other means of transportation besides paying 20 euros for a 5 minute taxi ride from Ciampino Airport! Staff was super nice.

• 1st Apr 2015

It got the job done for what I needed. I was flying out of Ciampino for a super cheap flight the next morning. It is a clean space, two minute walk from the bus stop to Ciampino airport, 2 minute walk form the champion train station. If I were staying here for a whole weekend, it probably would have been a horrible experience. No atmosphere, no enthusiasm and closed off life from everyone. Worked perfectly for what I needed and had a good sleep, but glad I didn't stay here long. Overpriced!!

Good Evening I have no words ...... pay € 23.00 is expensive?

They charged me twice for the room and haven't refunded my money yet. When asked at the reception they said it will take 2 days to refund. Now I have checked out and they are saying it will take 20days to refund. If every hostel starts pre-authorization and keeps money for 20days, people won't be able to travel. I had clearly checked with the hotel staff who called the manager right in front of me, and now they are saying she was mistaken and it takes 20days. Hostelworld kindly look into this.

ood Morning thank you for your comments, but we have only made a pre-authorization and if it takes 20 days to get his figure does not depend on us but on paper And thanks anyway of the votes that gave us

View all Rome Ciampino Hostels