Centralstation Vandrarhem Uppsala Reviews

Bangardsgatan 13, Uppsala, Sweden

Super friendly staff and really clean facilities

WiFi is not working properly in every room

-Not so friendly staff -Very small kitchen -Very nice bathroom, but it may very likely be too small during the high season. -Rooms were very nice and good.

Staff, location and breakfast buffet is just fine. Rooms without windows, were you trip into the bed immediately after entering the room, just to find out that there is no window at all (later I found out that this was mentioned on the bookingsite, so this one is on me) is absolutely inacceptable.When I book a room with private bathroom I expect it to be better than a dorm for 6 people.Ending up at 800SEK/ night for this jail-cell (6m2, no window) makes me really regret my decision to book here.

• 26th Dec 2014

I booked a double room, and because i was one person, i kinda expected one nice-sized bed. But however, i got two tiny beds. I'm tall and so every time i turned in the night, i hit the wall. I felt quite confined. Otherwise, it was a short stay and it worked out perfectly for my tight schedule- as i didn't need to laze around the room at all. The location was very convenient as its right opposite the central station.

The shared bathroom is fantastic. The rooms are essential, just average clean and very poor in furniture. But they have all you need

Really nice hostel, looks more like a hotel actually. Showers and toilets are unisex, but clean. Our 3-bedroom was actually a 4-bedroom (so one bed empty), not much space for luggage but very cozy.

• 16th Nov 2014

Excellent location, very close to the train station and centre of town with all local sights within walking distance. The facilities were nice and modern but unfortunately the toilets were not clean with was a disappointment.

Nice hostel. Be aware I only used the room and the bathroom, but is was all very clean and new looking. The single room I had was nice, not big but large enough for me and it even had a tv. No linen was provided though. Breakfast was very good.I would stay here again.

rather felt like staying in a bad hotel than in a hostel :(, didn t like the atmosphere, kitchen e.g. was in the basement, had no windows and was not very clean :(. bathroom is shared with the other rooms and in gerneral ok. no lockers in the rooms, there is just the possibility to rent very small ones :(

Well situated by the train station. Clean and well taken care of. Good breakfast buffet for a reasonable price.

• 10th Aug 2014

Showers and toilets were very clean. The 6-bed dorm room was too crowded and it was not easy to get on top of the bunk bed. The kitchen was fully equipped but it was in a basement without a window, so the atmosphere in it was rather cold. The staff was friendly. Although I was to pay the remainder of the amount I owed upon my arrival, they did not wait for me to arrive and automatically charged my credit card earlier in the day.

• 29th Jul 2014

The smallest room I've ever slept in

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Spain

Great place in a great location in Uppsala. Atmosphere isn't the greatest (I.e. no hostel parties) but that's more the fault of the town than the hostel. Great place for a quiet place to crash though. Staff was awesome. Would definitely stay again.

Great place to spend a few nights! Very good breakfast and facilities:-)

The common areas were great - bathrooms were huge and very clean. Unfortunately the rooms didn't have real windows, but did have windows into the hallways. There also were only two outlets in the room, not one for each bed. Lights were controlled by a key card, so if the person whose card had been in the slot left the room then all the lights turned out, even individual ones. Still, the common spaces were wonderful and the staff were great. Breakfast buffet was worth the price.

Great location! Good choice for people spending one night in Stockholms region as Uppsala is very nice as well and it course much cheaper. I didn't really like the fact that dormitories don't have real windows and the atmosphere is not that nice. Sanitary facilities are the cleanliest possible and the (not included) breakfast is worth the money. Overall: Good place for one night if you don't need to stay in central Stockholm.

It is a little to expensive for the small room we were given. Thinking a double would be bigger and more private. it was very very cramped up.

This is a nice hostel in a central location but it isn't a hostel in that sence that they got a bar and cool backpackers from all over the world hang out their. It is a relax place to sleep at and enjoy their nice breakfast buffe kind of a hotel on a shoestring.

Very sleek and clean. This place has no atmosphere at all, it's more like a hotel. Good place to stay for a night though, location close to train station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4