Centralstation Vandrarhem Uppsala Reviews

Bangardsgatan 13, Uppsala, Sweden

Nice hostel. Be aware I only used the room and the bathroom, but is was all very clean and new looking. The single room I had was nice, not big but large enough for me and it even had a tv. No linen was provided though. Breakfast was very good.I would stay here again.

rather felt like staying in a bad hotel than in a hostel :(, didn t like the atmosphere, kitchen e.g. was in the basement, had no windows and was not very clean :(. bathroom is shared with the other rooms and in gerneral ok. no lockers in the rooms, there is just the possibility to rent very small ones :(

Well situated by the train station. Clean and well taken care of. Good breakfast buffet for a reasonable price.

• 10th Aug 2014

Showers and toilets were very clean. The 6-bed dorm room was too crowded and it was not easy to get on top of the bunk bed. The kitchen was fully equipped but it was in a basement without a window, so the atmosphere in it was rather cold. The staff was friendly. Although I was to pay the remainder of the amount I owed upon my arrival, they did not wait for me to arrive and automatically charged my credit card earlier in the day.

• 29th Jul 2014

The smallest room I've ever slept in

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Spain

Great place in a great location in Uppsala. Atmosphere isn't the greatest (I.e. no hostel parties) but that's more the fault of the town than the hostel. Great place for a quiet place to crash though. Staff was awesome. Would definitely stay again.

• 20th Jul 2014

Great place to spend a few nights! Very good breakfast and facilities:-)

The common areas were great - bathrooms were huge and very clean. Unfortunately the rooms didn't have real windows, but did have windows into the hallways. There also were only two outlets in the room, not one for each bed. Lights were controlled by a key card, so if the person whose card had been in the slot left the room then all the lights turned out, even individual ones. Still, the common spaces were wonderful and the staff were great. Breakfast buffet was worth the price.

Great location! Good choice for people spending one night in Stockholms region as Uppsala is very nice as well and it course much cheaper. I didn't really like the fact that dormitories don't have real windows and the atmosphere is not that nice. Sanitary facilities are the cleanliest possible and the (not included) breakfast is worth the money. Overall: Good place for one night if you don't need to stay in central Stockholm.

It is a little to expensive for the small room we were given. Thinking a double would be bigger and more private. it was very very cramped up.

This is a nice hostel in a central location but it isn't a hostel in that sence that they got a bar and cool backpackers from all over the world hang out their. It is a relax place to sleep at and enjoy their nice breakfast buffe kind of a hotel on a shoestring.

Very sleek and clean. This place has no atmosphere at all, it's more like a hotel. Good place to stay for a night though, location close to train station.

I had a very big surprice when I went in my room and I understood that in room were sleeping man and woman! that was a mix room!!! It never happend to me before! so i hade to pay mpre and change to a single room! an unexpected cost for me!

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Too few power outlets in room, should have been one next to/within reach of each bed preferably. Very good (value for money) breakfast buffet!

Small room, but close to the bathroom, it was clean, and the kitchen was big, and the location is very good!

the location is very good. only 5 mins from the centralstation. staffs here are very kind and all the public facilities are sweet. only the room is extremly small and dark. it makes me feel like i am in jail. so narrow that i cannot breathe!

• 16th Jan 2014
  • China

Excellent location across from the train station. I stayed in a 4 bed room in the top bunk. Friendly staff whether at the reception desk or cleaning staff. Great breakfast buffet to start off the day. Though I do not have any allergies was glad to see that they offer gluten-free bread. I didn't see low fat dairy products which I would recommend. It's a bargain and even more so if you have your own sheets and towel. Good possibility to leave baggage at arrival and on departure day.

One of the best I've stayed in. It was so spacious and the bathrooms/other facilities were huge. Very comfortable.

A ladder would make it easier to get onto the top bunk!. We found it strange to pay separately for linen. Difficult to watch the TV because of lack of space.

Lovely hostel, very clean, very Scandinavian chic, excellent location, brilliant breakfast, friendly staff! What more could one want!?

• 1st Oct 2013