Centrum House Hostel Reviews

Republicii Street Nr. 56-58, Brasov, Romania

Great location, the hostel is at Republicii street, which is pretty much the oldtown. Piata Sfatului is in close walking distance. There are lots of restaurants, cafés and bars in the vicinty. The hostel is a little bit hidden as it's in a small side alley, but asking at other hotels/hostels is the best thing to do if you're lost. Staff was very helpful! The only negative thing that there is no stove or oven at the hostel, only a microwave. Bring a gas cooker, you can use it on the terrace!

This hostel is centrally located on the main pedestrian strip. Access to the adjoining 8-bed dorm was provided through our room, and our door was frequently unlocked. It's rather loud outside, so bring earplugs. There really wasn't a proper gathering area other than the kitchen. All and all, I'd stay here again.

We were in the private 3 bed room instead of the bigger sized dorms so I can't answer how safe they were - obviously in the private room you can just lock the door. But the room I had was one of the most nicely decorated hostels I've ever stayed in. We also had a TV and our own ensuite with a huge shower. The hostel itself is right in the centre of town. Be warned if you travel to Romania and are English though: the locals (in the experience I had anyway) were not the most friendly!

It's a really nice hostel with an excellent location and very friendly staff. I'd strongly recommend it. The negative sides were, the internet is not very well accessible by all rooms and there's no common computer you can use. Also there's not something like a common room where you can spend time. I'd go back to this hostel if I were to go back to Brasov some day.

Please could you make it more clear that the 6 bed dorm we stayed in is actually more of a 12 bed dorm, as it's really a corridor into the other 6 bed dorm. If I'd known that I probably would have booked the 8 bed dorm.

Very friendly staff, nice rooms, easy to come and go. Cool way to meet fun people, and the location is awesome.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

The staff were very helpful with a fantastic knowledge for things to do in the areas and helped with car hire etc.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Very clean and nice hostel, perfect position, directly in the city center! The best choice if you want to visit the city in a couple of days!

• 9th Aug 2014

This hostel is on a great location in the heart of the old town. The staff are incredibly friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

We loved staying right in the middle of the shopping district. It was close to everything we wanted to do. The only drawback was that we had to have the windows open and the noise from the restaurants below didn't abate until after midnight,

A really great hostel, right in the centre of old Brasov. Nice and clean, with super friendly staff. Really easy to get to town and countryside, with Bran Castle being a coach ride away. Brasov is a lovely place and Centrum Hostel is an ideal base for exploring.

a good place to stay in Brasov

Very clean, easy to find. Location is definately the big plus! Only complaint is the only common room was the kitchen and the fullness of the hostel seemed to be very hit or miss.

An otherwise pleasant place at a reasonable price-unfortunately located above a seriously noisy bar playing some of the most monotonous pounding music-like noise ever. Rooms with a view look out over a busy tourist street below which is also noisy until late evening. Excellent and helpful staff

Staff are incredibly helpful with planning days out and recommending places to visit. The hostel itself is in a great location in Brasov and is very secure. Bathrooms, rooms and kitchen were always clean.