Cerro Chato Eco Lodge Reviews

Arenal Volcano Area, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Miguel and his wife were beyond nice. Miguel arranged for all of our excursions and travel, and he was a wealth of knowledge when it came to anything Costa Rica. The hotel is set right in the jungle with a view of the volcano. We saw toucans, frogs, and other wildlife right on the hotel grounds. You can even hear the monkeys in the morning. I highly recommend this hotel to any of any age. You won't regret it.

• 16th Jan 2016

We spend 3 nights at cero chato eco Loge and if we had more time we even stay much longer! Its sooooo beautiful! The room was very big and the housekeeper cleaned every day. Miguel the owner is such a great host! If u are in la fortuna, it has to be a plc to stay .u feel komfortabel and a very quit plc .i will truly recomand to stay at cero chato ,it is very lovely plc

You were very kind and friendly. We greatly appreciate your comments. We hope to have them back someday to further consolidate our friendship.

Miguel and his wife were so hospitable. The place was serene and a great base for exploring The surrounding town. Nice clean beds, small little pool, lots of lush rainforest intermingled within the property. It would take me too long to list all the advice and assistance the proprietors gave to my girlfriend and I, so I will just say this: you will not regret spending your money for a stay at the Cerro Chato Ecolodge.

• 7th Jan 2016

This place is super cozy and Miguel is a great host. I enjoyed that this place was off the beaten path. If you're looking to be near the downtown scene you will be walking a bit to get there. This place however puts you within walking distance to the waterfall and Cerro Chato volcano lake. I did both and Miguel even went out of his way to give me a ride to one of the climbs. I'm glad he did because the Cerro Chato was a beast to climb in the rain. Gracias, Miguel!

Many thanks, we are very grateful for your comments. You are very good people and we wish the best for you.

We really had a nice time at Cherro Chato Eco Lodge! It's located near the Waterfall trail and the Cerro Chato Trail, which was very helpful for us. Miguel, the owner, is a charming man, who told us stories about his life near the Arenal Volcano and was always a helping hand. We really liked staying in our cosy little bungalow!

Me and my boyfriend were there for 3 nights and the beginning of our vacation couldn´t be more perfect!!! We were hosted by Miguel, and he was so friendly and helpful to us, giving hints on what to do around the city, places to eat, history about the volcano, etc. He was just very thoughtful in every way! The room was very nice and clean, the bed was confortable and the fan kept the room cool. Besides, we got a pretty nice view to the Volcano in our window! Definately I recommend it!!

View all La Fortuna Bed and Breakfasts