Cesare Balbo Inn Reviews

Via Cesare Balbo, 43, Rome, Italy

Cesare Balbo was absolutely the best place my wife and I stayed in Rome. The room was great. The place was immaculate. The best part of our stay, though, was meeting the staff. Luca was amazing and went out of his way so many times in order to help my wife and I out....and they had a well-worn guitar on the wall to play...What more can ya ask for. We will DEFINITELY be making this our home whenever we go to Rome.

• 2nd Apr 2013

The staff was very helpful and nice! The inn was very clean. Everything else was great, but if you're a light sleeper you might want to bring earplugs because soundproofing was quite poor.

The location was fantastic and safe. Room was clean, warm, comfortable and a great shower. Loved the am breakfast delivered in the room. Lucca and Glen are the fellows at the Inn and are very informative and personable...truly kind and caring people! If you love olives, there is a market around the corner (Lucca recommended) that has an olive marinated with a hot pepper that is fantastic! Very good cheap wines too...local to Tuscany :)

• 28th Feb 2013

It was good stay..and loved to be stay again while traveling to Rome..!!

• 16th Feb 2013
  • India

We spent, my girlfriend and I, a good time at the Cesare Balbo Inn. ;) The place has a great character. Ceilings rooms are quite original compared to a classic Inn. And everything is clean. The only thing we could complain about is the bed. The mattress is not the best and the bed noisy at each move. :/ Glenn, the receptionnist, is really nice and friendly. I recommend him for any issue you can encounter. Rgds, DJ

nice staff and helpful in everything :-)

• 2nd Feb 2013
  • Hong Kong

Really great little B&B with good service and friendly staff. Location was perfect, and within easy walking distance of the train station as well as Colosseum etc. The breakfast could have been better though... keep your expectations low on that one, but for the price it is still worth it. Nowhere to lock your luggage up if you check-out early. Overall really worthwhile.

• 31st Jan 2013

Very good location and clean hostel. Would definitely recommend it. Luca, the owner, is very helpful and available. Good value for money!

just the best place i could have stay! really! it was just like staying in a nice hotel, everything super clean, the personal super nice! i loved it!

• 16th Dec 2012
  • Mexico

The staff was extremely helpful and the location was excellent! Made it very easy to walk places! I would definitely recommend it!

• 16th Nov 2012

It would be nice if it was clearer beforehand that you must pay your bill in cash. Other than that, staff was very nice and accommodating, breakfast in bed was minimal but sufficient, coffee was delicious, and place was clean and quiet. It is somewhat of a walk from the main sites like Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Vatican, etc., but is close to Termini and Colosseum.

We had a very nice stay at the hotel. The staff is very friendly, the location very good and the rooms are cleans !! what more to ask :-) the walls are not very sound isolated though ..

• 6th Nov 2012

I looked for "more than excellent" button for Cesare Balbo Inn. Little hostel with 4 rooms but with great hospitability. It is 10 min. to Collesium by walking and you do not need to get on a vechile for any place ( shopping, tours etc. except Vaticano). Special thanks to Gleen and Luca for their friendly hosting.

• 6th Nov 2012
  • Turkey

The hostel itself was really nice, clean, safe, cozy... with splended location (1st floor in beautiful well-maintained and quiet building, total privacy,) and friendly staff. We have definetely planned to return to Rome and stay at the same place again. This intention was later re-confirmed once the owners helped us out and sent us the things we have forgotten in the room. If you find this review suspicious due to high incidence of superlatives, do believe me! Prolly the best place to stay in R.

• 14th Oct 2012
  • Czech Republic

Glenn and Luca were exceptional. A great value for money.

• 8th Oct 2012

Very well situated, 10 minute walk from the Colleseum and most of the ares to visit in Rome. It'S very easy to get around in Rome! Staff is perfect. Marked everything on a city map to help us get around. Close to good restaurants, transport and Rome Termini. Thank you Lucas

Very friendly & helpful staff (even provided recommendations of where to visit), and nice breakfast (delivered to your room!)

This place was fantastic! The staff were so friendly, the room was great, and in such a perfect location! You could literally see the Colosseum down the road! The room was so clean, the bed was very comfy, and they even served us a little breakfast in our room. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!!

The best hotel I've ever stayed!

This accomodation was one of the best I have stayed in to date. Location is amazing and Luca and Glen truly are top notch hosts full of friendliness and assistance. Hands down would stay here on my next trip to Rome. Enjoy!

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts